Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11605645 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) (6720) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yeah, same I read somewhere.

charlesemeka85:
He is likely to sign for reading in the championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Iwobi can't be described as a benchwarmer

I don tell several of them but they refuse to hear, maybe they are trolling iwobi

Someone cant play about 34 epl games and get about 20 starts and be a bench warmer, impossible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
For those who can still remember this face, Akinloye Oyebanji of NTA died today .

Was in NTA with the like of Hammed Adio, Paul Ogazi

May his soul rest in peace .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Boss which thing? Have others been offered the opportunitu he has enjoyed in the current u23 set up?

Make we leave hype and face facts. He is already 21 and alot of players in his age are doing bigger things.

Kingsley Michael distinguished himself in the serie B last term, chukwueze is tormenting defenders in almighty laliga, bashiru just got signed up by Watford and in his contract he will be involved with the first team with the chances of atleast getting few minutes in the epl very bright.

Aribo all the way from non league football few seasons ago is already doing well in his new club in Scotland. Ofoborh is tipped to get more involved with bournemouth's first team this season and just yesterday started against westbrom in a preseason fixture.

Zubairu is already linked with top clubs in the eirdevisie and Greek side aek Athens but all we here all day in this forum is how talented Nwakali jnr is and how he is the undisputed heir to mikel in the super eagles.

The pampering have to stop so this lad have to get back to work to fulfill his full potentials. Imagine arsenal taking 17-18 yr Olds to their preseason camp while our pirlo was ignored and left in England cheesy cheesy cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

Even at that the reality also shows he has not failed to boss things with the U-23. Zubairu is considered behind K.Nwakali and Azubuike right now in the eyes of the U-23 coaches. Even Kingsley Michael is considered second fiddle. All are talented midfielders but the ones picked haven't failed yet.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
You talk reality but you are ignoring the reality of him bossing things in the U-23 midfield. Well, the reality is the reality Charles.... He may not be having a fine club climb right now, but his talents speak for him as regards the U-23 team. That is the reality.

charlesemeka85:
Boss which thing? Have others been offered the opportunitu he has enjoyed in the current u23 set up?

Make we leave hype and face facts. He is already 21 and alot of players in his age are doing bigger things.

Kingsley Michael distinguished himself in the serie B last term, chukwueze is tormenting defenders in almighty laliga, bashiru just got signed up by Watford and in his contract he will be involved with the first team with the chances of atleast getting few minutes in the epl very bright.

Aribo all the way from non league football few seasons ago is already doing well in his new club in Scotland. Ofoborh is tipped to get more involved with bournemouth's first team this season and just yesterday started against westbrom in a preseason fixture.

Zubairu is already linked with top clubs in the eirdevisie and Greek side aek Athens but all we here all day in this forum is how talented Nwakali jnr is and how he is the undisputed heir to mikel in the super eagles.

The pampering have to stop so this lad have to get back to work to fulfill his full potentials. Imagine arsenal taking 17-18 yr Olds to their preseason camp while our pirlo was ignored and left in England cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Kelechi nwakali and azubuike? No no no!

Why azubuike No?

Please give me good reason
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

I disagree with your true midfield options.. Aribo, Nwakali and Zubairu are not true options. I will argue the Ofoborh will become a super eagles player before all three.

Agreed

Expecially nwakali, make we see am play first team football first and stop all this past glory

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Bossing what I asked previously? How many matches have the u23 side played so far? Have other young midfielders of his age been given the opportunity he has gotten in the u23 set up?

If he has been poor in his club then what made him merit a call up at the expense of others who did better in club football last season in Europe?

Bros if u get direct contact to that boy u better advise him to sit up and work harder
TheSuperNerd:
You talk reality but you are ignoring the reality of him bossing things in the U-23 midfield. Well, the reality is the reality Charles.... He may not be having a fine club climb right now, but his talents speak for him as regards the U-23 team. That is the reality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joebie:
If Aneke tears up the Championship, he will definitely get a call up. That's what Tega Abraham did to get attention.

modified
He is not old. How old was Ighalo when he was tearing up the championship?

Ighalo was almost 27 when he was tearing championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
Cus to me em no Sabi ball hooooooha!
andrew444:

Why azubuike No?

Please give me good reason
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Cus to me em no Sabi ball hooooooha!

Zuby is good

Zuby is a better option than the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
Zubby ko Zubby biscuit ni lol. Well I trust Rohr cus I knw the kind players wey him dey go for
andrew444:

Zuby is good

Zuby is a better option than the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
And hv already played in Norway, Spain and Italy before joining watford
andrew444:

Ighalo was almost 27 when he was tearing championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Zubby ko Zubby biscuit ni lol. Well I trust Rohr cus I knw the kind players wey him dey go for

What type of player? ogu type of player abi?

Dude is playing in a better club than the rest of players you mentioned

Rohr never even see ebere eze call self

Zuby just be like etebo okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
And hv already played in Norway, Spain and Italy before joining watford

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
If he is half as good as etebo he will be in the super eagles team by now. Remember after the Olympics Rohr invited the likes of etebo, azubuike, imoh and Sadiq to the super eagles but it was only etebo that caught his fancy. If azubuike is good as hyped I see no reason why Rohr wouldn't have given him a chance in the team
andrew444:

What type of player? ogu type of player abi?

Dude is playing in a better club than the rest of players you mentioned

Rohr never even see ebere eze call self

Zuby just be like etebo okay

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Decent players like esiti never get chance for super eagles na azubuike cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
If he is half as good as etebo he will be in the super eagles team by now. Remember after the Olympics Rohr invited the likes of etebo, azubuike, imoh and Sadiq to the super eagles but it was only etebo that caught his fancy. If azubuike is good as hyped I see no reason why Rohr wouldn't have given him a chance in the team

Etebo is good and i am a fan of him, and etebo was in the super eagles before the olympics, coach have their choices of player, you cant tell me ogu is better than azubuike but is ogu not in the super eagles? so that one wey you dey talk no be excuse ok

Azubuike is not hyped, no come here dey lie okay, the only person that speaks about azubuike here is chriskels, so how is he hyped, i even insulted him for going to that egypt club, but he returned back to europe and he is playing for a bigger club

Even the so called aribo that you have been hyping, Azubuike plays in a better league than him, lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
[quote author=charlesemeka85 post=80686034]And hv already played in Norway, Spain and Italy before joining watford[/quote)

and he was send to watford on a rescue mission
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
komekn:

But l made that intrinsically clear video footage is at best indicative.

But the pertinent component is STYLE OF PLAY and how well that fits into the SE ethos.

Please kindly hi back to my Post and l wrote at least two paragraphs on the ills and detriments of using video footage.

I went on to further describe the only type of video footage l.use myself.

I was only supporting ur view as per ur first paragraph
bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joebie:
Enyeama has already retired. But I think will do us some good if we have him in the fold just to help with the young keepers, Okoye, Alampasu, Uzoho, and Nwokolor

In the fold as a what?
Goalkeeper trainer or a Player Goalkeeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Decent players like esiti never get chance for super eagles na azubuike cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop trying to bring a player down because you dont like him

Esiti is good and i want him to have a chance, i have no problem if esiti is being called up just the way you will have problem is Azubuike is called up

At least esiti is not playing in a low league, paok is a champions league team, same goes to the istanbul club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Keep asking what he bossed and ignoring a part of the reality you claim to see. But that kid is one of the reasons we are into the next/final round of the U-23 Qualifiers.

About his club career trajectory, let us see what the new season brings for the lad before you gun him down as you've always done.

charlesemeka85:
Bossing what I asked previously? How many matches have the u23 side played so far? Have other young midfielders of his age been given the opportunity he has gotten in the u23 set up?

If he has been poor in his club then what made him merit a call up at the expense of others who did better in club football last season in Europe?

Bros if u get direct contact to that boy u better advise him to sit up and work harder

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Azubuike and etebo were involved with the super eagles when siasia took over after oliseh left.

I don't hype players with out having a good check on them. I agree that old man azubuike is in a better league than aribo but judging by the career progression made my the latter so far that's a statement of his talent and qualities.

Getting noticed by clubs in decent leagues while playing league 1 football means scouts from this respective clubs saw something precious in aribo and ending up in glascow rangers that is one of the most successful clubs in Scottish football is a big career leap.

He is already turning heads in rangers but let's sit down and wait till the season kicks off.

andrew444:

Etebo is good and i am a fan of him, and etebo was in the super eagles before the olympics, coach have their choices of player, you cant tell me ogu is better than azubuike but is ogu not in the super eagles? so that one wey you dey talk no be excuse ok

Azubuike is not hyped, no come here dey lie okay, the only person that speaks about azubuike here is chriskels, so how is he hyped, i even insulted him for going to that egypt club, but he returned back to europe and he is playing for a bigger club

Even the so called aribo that you have been hyping, Azubuike plays in a better league than him, lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
This is really not how to analyse Football.

charlesemeka85:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ofoborh who is yet to play top flight football? Aribo and zubairu yes buh Nwakali? No!

Oforborh has started all of Bournemouth preseason games. There is a very good chance, he will play a lot this season.

Aribo is in Scotland
Zubairu is in Slovakia.

They need to move to better leagues.

Nwakali is even worse

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
Azubuike is down the pecking order in midfielders Rohr is considering for the replacement of Mikel and ogu. Rohr go Eben prefer play ajayi instead of azubuike lol
andrew444:

Stop trying to bring a player down because you dont like him

Esiti is good and i want him to have a chance, i have no problem if esiti is being called up just the way you will have problem is Azubuike is called up

At least esiti is not playing in a low league, paok is a champions league team, same goes to the istanbul club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Azubuike and etebo were involved with the super eagles when siasia took over after oliseh left.

I don't hype players with out having a good check on them. I agree that old man azubuike is in a better league than aribo but judging by the career progression made my the latter so far that's a statement of his talent and qualities.

Getting noticed by clubs in decent leagues while playing league 1 football means scouts from this respective clubs saw something precious in aribo and ending up in glascow rangers that is one of the most successful clubs in Scottish football is a big career leap.

Lol komekn spirit don enter your body

If you dont like a player say you dont like the player rather than to shade

So aribo get noticed by a club in decent league? So scotland league is a decent league ? LOL , scotland league that you will hardly find player from there playing in the world cup, bros scotland no be decent league abeg

Cyprus league and danish league is even rated ahead of the scotland league you called a decent league, that should show you how crappy that league is.

I rest my case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Azubuike is down the pecking order in midfielders Rohr is considering for the replacement of Mikel and ogu. Rohr go Eben prefer play ajayi instead of azubuike lol

Rohr might not call him doesnt make him a bad player.

Dude went to egypt so that really affected him, he is just trying to get back to his self and within 6 month he has joined one of the best club in turkey, i never said azubuike is mikel replacement

Semi ajayi is a defender for the eagles when he played.

Replacement for ogu? was ogu ever regular?, Lol

You have no problem with ogu from isreal league but you have problem with azubuike, thats shows it all, you cant hide your hate for azubuike

Even if you dont like a player be sincere.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
Zubairu is likely to leave this summer to a better league, clubs in the Netherlands and Belgium are after him while he has been linked with aek Athens in the past.

Aribo plays for the 2nd best team in Scotland and will be featuring in uel this season. Judging from where he is coming from the move is a good one which the lure of playing in Europe propelled the move. He had offers from Germany and the championship but rangers offered him more money wise.

He is a player of one of the most feared team in Scotland, earns 20k pounds a week and will test his might against better players in uel so the move is justifiable.
tbaba1234:

Oforborh has started all of Bournemouth preseason games. There is a very good chance, he will play a lot this season.

Aribo is in Scotland
Zubairu is in Slovakia.

They need to move to better leagues.

Nwakali is even worse

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ofoborh who is yet to play top flight football? Aribo and zubairu yes buh Nwakali? No!

Zubairu in slovakia you even preferred him ahead of zuby? Lol

Am done

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
Cus he is yet to impress me. No be garagara we go chop abeg. Also to for your notice I am not a John ogu fan and have criticized his inclusion in the team severally here
andrew444:

Rohr might not call him doesnt make him a bad player.

Dude went to egypt so that really affected him, he is just trying to get back to his self and within 6 month he has joined one of the best club in turkey, i never said azubuike is mikel replacement

Semi ajayi is a defender for the eagles when he played.

Replacement for ogu? was ogu ever regular?, Lol

You have no problem with ogu from isreal league but you have problem with azubuike, thats shows it all, you cant hide your hate for azubuike

Even if you dont like a player be sincere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) (6720) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper, Danielnino00(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.