Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692989 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6752) (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) (6758) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I don hate the guy

I am like 75 per cent sure.. Henry won't move. From last season the deal with gala another loan move if already sealed.. The only thing that can move him to anywhere is if they can offer him thesame thing or more than what is currently offering .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
"You don't expect an athlete 'to drink Garri' now and go run a Personal Best for you. It doesn't work like that. I think with proper funding and better preparations, trust me Nigerian athletes will be extremely ready ( for Tokyo 2020) " Tobi Amusan speaking on Channels Television

CC Bascovanveli

"We've heard about the money being deposited for Football...when they get to the next stage, they get a lot of money. Athletes should be treated that way (like Footballers). When you pass the first round of your race, you should be given a certain amount of money" Divine Oduduru

"I feel like the $5,000 (training grants) is extremely too small for us. They keep saying foreign-based, what about the people back home? A lot of these people back home are supposed to be on this training grant budget, they are doing well for themselves." Blessing Okagbare

These guys aren't joking..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2019
Danielnino00:
"You don't expect an athlete 'to drink Garri' now and go run a Personal Best for you. It doesn't work like that. I think with proper funding and better preparations, trust me Nigerian athletes will be extremely ready ( for Tokyo 2020) " Tobi Amusan speaking on Channels Television

CC Bascovanveli

"We've heard about the money being deposited for Football...when they get to the next stage, they get a lot of money. Athletes should be treated that way (like Footballers). When you pass the first round of your race, you should be given a certain amount of money" Divine Oduduru

"I feel like the $5,000 (training grants) is extremely too small for us. They keep saying foreign-based, what about the people back home? A lot of these people back home are supposed to be on this training grant budget, they are doing well for themselves." Blessing Okagbare

These guys aren't joking..

True talk from all the stakeholders.

I strongly believe that crazy and unreported theft goes on at AFN. The question is " who will bell the cat"?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:16am On Aug 02, 2019
Earthquake1:

Lacazette didn't lack presence and Arsenal's poor away record was due to their jittery defense
Defense was crap but Laca upfront was pathetic most of the time.
Club's analysts seem to agree with me a bit.

Second pic is why Manure refused to sign him back when he was at Lyon. This is obvious to anyone who really watches him

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:39am On Aug 02, 2019
jihday:
add Osaze too

Osaze to where ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:41am On Aug 02, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

I am like 75 per cent sure.. Henry won't move. From last season the deal with gala another loan move if already sealed.. The only thing that can move him to anywhere is if they can offer him thesame thing or more than what is currently offering .

Make my guy no go enter China like Anderson talisca later o after all the loan loan and offers wey he reject

I beleive in Henry sha ,very good player wey get eye for goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I don hate the guy

Why you go hate am

Don't conclude yet o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:13am On Aug 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I don hate the guy
The thing dey pain me die as I dey. This dude has the potential to be among the best wide forwards in the game.
Why will he not think of his career biko? Like follow Omeruo think na...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:33am On Aug 02, 2019
andrew444:

Osaze to where ?
Used to play for Lille
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2019
andrew444:

Lol ogbeni cool down

You are telling somebody to cool down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:34am On Aug 02, 2019
Chukwueze can become world-class player —Zidane

Samuel Chukwueze.

Real Madrid coach, Zinedine Zidane, has said that Nigeria international, Samuel Chukwueze, has the potential to be among the best players in the world.

Youngster Chukwueze, who features for Villarreal in the Spanish LaLiga Santander, shone with the Super Eagles at the just-ended Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt, where the three-time African champions placed third.

Speaking to Tribunesport in New York recently, Zidane said Chukwueze would be one of the world’s best players in the future.

The former World Footballer of the Year who spoke to Tribunesport at the Adidas Store on 5th Avenue, Soho Square, New York last Thursday, spoke through an interpreter.

“Chukwueze plays like Arjen Robben,” the former Real Madrid of Spain player said. However, for Chukwueze to fully grow into the mould of Robben with as much success as the Dutch player attracted, ‘Zizou’ advises that the player must not lose focus on certain qualities.

“He must be focused, disciplined, and dedicated,” Zidane said.

Zidane also spoke on the AFCON which took place for the first time this summer. According to him, this will allow players who play in the European leagues to be more focused, unlike when it was being held between January and February, when leagues in Europe will be in thick of action.

Meanwhile following Chukwueze’s stellar performance at the 2019 AFCON, Villarreal have placed €65million on the player. But English Premiership side Liverpool are worried over this development.

The European champions had been in talks with Villarreal for the services of Chukwueze before the Egypt 2019 tournament with a lower prize tag placed on the player then.

Tribunesport understands that Michael Edwards, Liverpool Sporting Director, is however hopeful that they can still beat down the amount Villarreal are demanding.

https://sportingtribune.com/chukwueze-can-become-world-class-player-zidane/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Iwobi has been predicted by AI(Artificial Intelligence) to give 11 assists this coming season, Wow

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:38am On Aug 02, 2019
Man city to win the league, Salah to win the golden boot

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2019
I agree with AI on the league standings, but Brighton to replace Norwich in the relegation places

Steve Bruce and Solksjaer to be sacked before season ends
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2019
OK getting better

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:06am On Aug 02, 2019
Earthquake1:
Iwobi has been predicted by AI(Artificial Intelligence) to give 11 assists this coming season, Wow

He can

At least he gave 7 assists in the Epl last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2019
andrew444:

He can

At least he gave 7 assists in the Epl last season
he should start scoring goals too... the way this guy dey shoot always make me vex... be shooting like pregnant woman in labour.. smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2019
Lolz.. this one got me rotf
Arsenal formation this season.
Aubameyang lacazzete Pepe
Iwobi. Guedozi. Torreira
God. Will. Help. Them
Leno

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2019
mostob:
he should start scoring goals too... the way this guy dey shoot always make me vex... be shooting like pregnant woman in labour.. smh

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2019
mostob:

Iwobi. Guedozi. Torreira

God. Will. Help. Them

Leno

How do you know it's their formation ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2019
andrew444:

How do you know it's their formation ?

god will play left back, Will and help will play center back and 'Them' will play right back

Durr undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2019
While others nations have started preparing for the Olympics 3-4 years ago, our athletes are busy fighting for basic financial support for a tournament that will occur next summer.

What a disgrace for the largest black nation on Earth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2019
Earthquake1:

god will play left back, Will and help will play center back and 'Them' will play right back

Durr undecided

Na the midfield and front 3 I dey look gan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2019
terzurum5:
Chukwueze can become world-class player —Zidane

Samuel Chukwueze.

Real Madrid coach, Zinedine Zidane, has said that Nigeria international, Samuel Chukwueze, has the potential to be among the best players in the world.

Youngster Chukwueze, who features for Villarreal in the Spanish LaLiga Santander, shone with the Super Eagles at the just-ended Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt, where the three-time African champions placed third.

Speaking to Tribunesport in New York recently, Zidane said Chukwueze would be one of the world’s best players in the future.

The former World Footballer of the Year who spoke to Tribunesport at the Adidas Store on 5th Avenue, Soho Square, New York last Thursday, spoke through an interpreter.

“Chukwueze plays like Arjen Robben,” the former Real Madrid of Spain player said. However, for Chukwueze to fully grow into the mould of Robben with as much success as the Dutch player attracted, ‘Zizou’ advises that the player must not lose focus on certain qualities.

“He must be focused, disciplined, and dedicated,” Zidane said.

Zidane also spoke on the AFCON which took place for the first time this summer. According to him, this will allow players who play in the European leagues to be more focused, unlike when it was being held between January and February, when leagues in Europe will be in thick of action.

Meanwhile following Chukwueze’s stellar performance at the 2019 AFCON, Villarreal have placed €65million on the player. But English Premiership side Liverpool are worried over this development.

The European champions had been in talks with Villarreal for the services of Chukwueze before the Egypt 2019 tournament with a lower prize tag placed on the player then.

Tribunesport understands that Michael Edwards, Liverpool Sporting Director, is however hopeful that they can still beat down the amount Villarreal are demanding.

https://sportingtribune.com/chukwueze-can-become-world-class-player-zidane/amp/

If Zidane calls Samu should follow?

God bless him btw. U don't have many foreigners bigging up Nigerian players

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:10am On Aug 02, 2019
grin grin grin

heard underground gist that Arsenal is trying to get umtiti

mostob:

Iwobi. Guedozi. Torreira

God. Will. Help. Them

Leno
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2019
realistic target. Alex should have gotten more assists last season if not for auba and laca's wastefulness in front of goal

Earthquake1:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2019
komekn:

You really are an Uncle Tom, garnished with colonial mentality and big dose of inferiority complex in comparison to white people.

So because Rohr was born in Germany donkey years ago but has never coached a team in Germany and has been coaching Football in Africa for a decade. He is an authority on German football.

And in your small mind he knows more about German football than anybody else. Chei !!! you fall my hand.

There are many club scouts, German based football agents , Recruitment heads that know way more than him. Some of those scouts and agents are African but because they are Black you will dismiss them and accept Rohr your oyibo master.

With all your education your mentality is still in bondage to the white man, that's pathetic. I shame for you.
none of what you said is related to what Humilitiy asked

This your response reminds me of when a student doesn't know the answer to a question, and proceeds to just rigmarole about and weasel his way out of the question.

Do you think you know German football more than Rohr? I think most people would say no, you seem to onky be versed in English football, in that case, a Franco-GERMAN football coach would know more of German football than you

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2019
safarigirl:
none of what you said is related to what Humilitiy asked

This your response reminds me of when a student doesn't know the answer to a question, and proceeds to just rigmarole about and weasel his way out of the question.

Do you think you know German football more than Rohr? I think most people would say no, you seem to onky be versed in English football, in that case, a Franco-GERMAN football coach would know more of German football than you

Hey babe why have you not replied on my EPL list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2019
Earthquake1:

Hey babe why have you not replied on my EPL list?
sorry, I was occupied when I saw it and forgot to reply later. Can you repost it? I saw Leno and Digne on your list, can't remember the others.

Please repost
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:40am On Aug 02, 2019
CD Leganes puts in a bid of €4.5 million to sign Omeruo permanently from Chelsea.

Chelsea Biko let our Iron Man go!!!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2019
safarigirl:
sorry, I was occupied when I saw it and forgot to reply later. Can you repost it? I saw Leno and Digne on your list, can't remember the others.

Please repost

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
Lille is not a bad move for Osimhen.

Strikers generally do well in Ligue 1.

Any average striker will score 15 goals in a season in Ligue 1. Even Ideye netted 15 for Sochaux.

If you are exceptional, you will score a lot

At old age, Zlatan did 38.

Mbappe is hitting goals like no tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6752) (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) (6758) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TradingGod, Pidginwhisper, komekn(m), elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.