Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,484 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11760308 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6772) (6773) (6774) (6775) (6776) (6777) (6778) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
Icon4s:

We are talking about building for the 2021 AFCON and 2022 WC and someone is drawing us back with the mention of Anthony Ujah.

Oga! Spare me of building with bang average players.

We have been building since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
komekn:

I can't really speak Yoruba but can say a few of the basic words to get around. I made the mistake of assuming he had a limited understanding of Yoruba.

Well he completely floored me quite embarrassing.

That's good for him I think he was born in Ibadan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
forgiveness:

Oga! Spare of building with bang average players.

We have been building since time immemorial.

You build with emerging players, even if u say they are average, they still have a chance to make it big. Not someone like Anthony Ujah who is a confirmed flop and has nothing to offer the team going forward.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
Icon4s:

You build with emerging players, even if u say they are average, they still have a chance to make it big. Not someone like Anthony Ujah who is a confirmed flop and has nothing to offer the team going forward.

Your opinion. Answer this simply question.

At what age was Ighalo called back to the national team?

Flop in the National team with which coaches?

This is Rohr's era.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
Icon4s:

How old is Simy NWANKWO? 27 years

How old is Anthony UJAH? 28 Years

Too much double standard and hypocrisy here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
ok bro!!
edi287:

Yep I did...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2019
Flop in the era of an Afcon winning coach, Keshi.

And yes, you are right... Rohr's era. A new era.... An era where the likes of Mikel, Ogu, Akpeyi are now history. Certainly Ujah is not in the picture.

forgiveness:

Your opinion. Answer this simply question.

At what age was Ighalo called back to the national team?

Flop in the National team with which coaches?

This is Rohr's era.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ujah is not a bad scorer but you have play to his strengths. Lots of crosses to the box.

He can look really poor and pop up with a goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2019
Funny thing is Simy is not even in my list of players for the CF role. Onuachu made it but not Simy... So why crying over Simy sef... Hahahahahahahahahaha... The only comment on Simy is that I will even prefer him compared to Ujah who offers nothing new.

Check my original post again before crying hypocrisy. You have left Onuachu out of the discourse stylishly now because he is 25 abi but focusing on Simy who I even called Last resort... Loolll... Well na your way shaa.

forgiveness:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Flop in the era of an Afcon winning coach, Keshi.

And yes, you are right... Rohr's era. A new era.... An era where the likes of Mikel, Ogu, Akpeyi are now history. Certainly Ujah is not in the picture.

Which better player no flop under Keshi?

If Rohr can bring a Chinese product back to the national team at 28, nothing will stop him from bringing a performing Bundesliga player into the National team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
So I was watching a movie today

The moral of the movie is, If you're in a robbery situation Do not make eye contact

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
Let Ujah perform first naa..... All these cries wasted on a player who I know won't do anything spectacular at 29. It is not a prophecy on my part... It is just borne out of my keen observation and I know I will be proven right.

My focus is on true contenders not pretenders.

Ujah flopped A-Z under Keshi. He did not have one standout game in GWG colors. Very bang average player.

forgiveness:

Which better player no flop under Keshi?

If Rohr can bring a Chinese product back to the national team at 28, nothing will stop him from bringing a performing Bundesliga player into the National team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
Jadon Sancho Killing Bayern Munich in Germany super cup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
Over to the Jupiler League

Stephen Odey is yet to make a debut appearance for new club Genk. it's gone past the 70 minutes mark and they are being held 1-1 away to Mechelen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2019
Abduljalil Ajagun was a 54th minute sub in for Kortrijk, in their 1-1 home draw with Charleroi.
compatriot and teammate Imoh Ezekiel started and lasted 73 minutes on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Because of Coaching Instabilty. With Rohr, we can now progress. Chief Icon4s is right. We are looking forward not backwards and Ujah is not better or even up to par with what we have as options. He is not Ighalo.

forgiveness:

Oga! Spare me of building with bang average players.

We have been building since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Funny thing is Simy is not even in my list of players for the CF role. Onuachu made it but not Simy... So why crying over Simy sef... Hahahahahahahahahaha... The only comment on Simy is that I will even prefer him compared to Ujah who offers nothing new.

Check my original post again before crying hypocrisy. You have left Onuachu out of the discourse stylishly now because he is 25 abi but focusing on Simy who I even called Last resort... Loolll... Well na your way shaa.

But you claimed NWANKWO is young. That's the hypocrisy and double standard I am taking about. Get it.

It's an insult to even mention Onuachu in this discussion.

TheSuperNerd:

Cool down and quote the post well okay. Take it easy. Lol....

I agree Onuachu and Simy are Average. Good averages they are and young too.
But Ujah is also truly average. Infact, he is the Bang in average compared to a younger duo in Onuachu and Simy. Ujah has nothing on those two in GWG colors... He brings nothing new compared to Simy and Onuachu who offer aerial threats and more.
He is not part of the masterpiece in the new era. Sorry okay.. ndo... But feel free to keep crying Ujah shaa... A new cry is born grin Congrats Forgiveness...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Joebie:
Abduljalil Ajagun was a 54th minute sub in for Kortrijk, in their 1-1 home draw with Charleroi.
compatriot and teammate Imoh Ezekiel started and lasted 73 minutes on the pitch.

cheesy

Forgiveness right now...

"Ajagun score or assist now, let me use you as my bullet today... I wan knack Dem"

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
I said they are both younger than Ujah. That was my original and first post with respect to the issue of age. And is it not true they are both young? wink

forgiveness:

But you claimed NWANKWO is young. That's the hypocrisy and double standard I am taking about. Get it.

It's an insult to even mention Onuachu in this discussion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Let Ujah perform first naa..... All these cries wasted on a player who I know won't do anything spectacular at 29. It is not a prophecy on my part... It is just borne out of my keen observation and I know I will be proven right.

My focus is on true contenders not pretenders.

Ujah flopped A-Z under Keshi. He did not have one standout game in GWG colors. Very bang average player.

Then, man up to hold your tears for Iheanacho. Let him do the talking with his performance on the pitch. Enough said.

Ujah is still 28 Years old to be precise. We want to see him under Rohr if he performs in the Bundesliga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I said they are both younger than Ujah. That was my original and first post with respect to the issue of age. And is it not true they are both young? wink

Who wrote that? Na me?

TheSuperNerd:

Cool down and quote the post well okay. Take it easy. Lol....

I agree Onuachu and Simy are Average. Good averages they are and young too.
But Ujah is also truly average. Infact, he is the Bang in average compared to a younger duo in Onuachu and Simy. Ujah has nothing on those two in GWG colors... He brings nothing new compared to Simy and Onuachu who offer aerial threats and more.
He is not part of the masterpiece in the new era. Sorry okay.. ndo... But feel free to keep crying Ujah shaa... A new cry is born grin Congrats Forgiveness...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
That was me making a point as regards their age in comparison to Ujah. cheesy If that is rocket science for you then it's not my fault man. Lol

forgiveness:

Who wrote that? Na me?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
That was me making a point as regards their age in comparison in Ujah. cheesy If that is rocket science for you then it's not my fault man. Lol

27 - 28/29 na age mate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
There is no fear or tears for Nacho. You are now being delusional. Did I put these words in Rohr's lips? cheesy

Rohr: ”I see he (Iheanacho) is now professional in the way he trains and play in games. I have been speaking with him and from the way he is performing in pre season he will be back with us”,

”He is a part of the team and he knows it. When next we have a game he will get his chance to prove himself because we believe in him and we’ll be happy to have him back”.

You are the one scared now... Loolll

And abeg, Ujah is 29 this year. I know his birthday is October. Simy and Onuachu have done their birthdays already. Ujah's own is coming up soon in October. So saying 29 is not out of place.

And you will wait a long time for Ujah to take the Bundesliga by storm. Happy waiting.

forgiveness:

Then, man up to hold your tears for Iheanacho. Let him do the talking with his performance on the pitch. Enough said.

Ujah is still 28 Years old to be precise. We want to see him under Rohr if he performs in the Bundesliga.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2019
27 is two years off 29 man. Dem no be mate even for Yoruba land. You know that. Hahahahahahahaha

forgiveness:

27 - 28/29 na age mate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ujah in his prime (remember some player peak earlier in their career) didn't look like a national team player whenever he was called upon.

If he is red hot and is banging them in week in week out sure I will support a recall. But I don't see that happening.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
27 is two years off 29 man. Dem no be mate even for Yoruba land. You know that. Hahahahahahahaha

Simmy isnt the future neither is he the present, dude is crap. Ujah wasnt the past, isnt the present and definitely not the future, dude is also crap.

That said, should Ujah bang in 15 goals in the Bundesliga and Nwankwo bangs in 20 in the Serie B, I would consider Ujah ahead of Nwankwo. This is highly unlikely though grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2019
That is why I said Simy is my last last last resort.... And I know we will never have it so bad in the striking dept to rely on a Simy or Ujah.

My list of the Post-Mikel/Post-Iggy era is clear.

Iheanacho, Osimhen, Okereke, Awoniyi, Odey, Onuachu, and Kayode.

No place for Simy but I rate him better than Ujah. Simy have given us a good game in GWG colors unlike Ujah who is all hustle and no product.

And the chances of Simy scoring 20 in Serie B is actually higher than Ujah scoring 15. Just watch and see. Last season, I think Simy bagged 16 or so in Serie B. Ujah had 4 or so in Bundesliga.

ChrisKels:

Simmy isnt the future neither is he the present, dude is crap. Ujah wasnt the past, isnt the present and definitely not the future, dude is also crap.

That said, should Ujah bang in 15 goals in the Bundesliga and Nwankwo bangs in 20 in the Serie B, I would consider Ujah ahead of Nwankwo. This is highly unlikely though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
Joebie:
Final score Stoke 1-2 QPR. Eze with the game winner

One of the very few English-born that is actually good and not just on paper

Can't wait to see him in the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
The way some players are being touted here ehn...

I wonder how their fanboys take it when they play poorly and below expectation grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2019
darkelf:
The way some players are being touted here ehn...

I wonder how their fanboys take it when they play poorly and below expectation grin grin grin

No b today player dey play bad for eagles or any other national team, its normal

If you have a favorite player and he was invited and he performs badly and he get dropped another person will replace and you will have to support that person than complaining, thats just it bro

As for me anybody wey dem invite i go support, na just normal eagles talk we go talk here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
forgiveness:

who is the person calling for simmy on this thread...
even Mahrez said it that Nigeria will be difficult to play against like two years from now.

just watch out for this crop of players you're calling average....

and for Anthony Ujah...that dude is not getting any call up...
tell me something else pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (6772) (6773) (6774) (6775) (6776) (6777) (6778) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, Suzzytee05(f), charlesemeka85(m), 2innocent(m), 10cedes, elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.