Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11627397 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6775) (6776) (6777) (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Etebo

Etebo exhibited that quote "when life throws a lemon at u, turn around and make a juice out of it"

Enroute Egypt I labelled him a carpenter, dude smiled, got hold of a hammer in the event proper and nailed our midfield.

I was impressed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Joebie:
yes, Ekpolo grin

If I'm right he was a B player in Barcelona and didn't make it then ended up playing kick and rush in league one for Fleetwood Town. I watched him live he was not impressive I am sorry to say.

He didnt understandably last long if you have been playing pretty technical football in Spain and come to league one, it will be a big CHALLENGE to adapt.

I think he is in Sweden
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2019
Nigeria has put forward the cities of Lagos, Benin City, Asaba and Uyo for the hosting of the 16 –nation finals of the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup

Onikan Stadium, Lagos.

Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin.

Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

Godswill Akpabio Intl Stadium, Uyo.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2019
elyte89:

As for ur first paragraph, it's a no brainer,many ppu here knew Mikel won't exceed 2019 calender year as a Nigerian player,few were only contemplating if he would honor d afcon tourney or not

And on ujah,going by Andrew444 analysis dt says,"IF" UJAH scores 15goals in a season in bundesliga,or churns out good performance week in week out,rohr will invite him,whether u rate him or not and to me dts correct cos we as a nation we can't afford to ignore a player/talent playing in such a league with such a decent "15goals" record in a season(we re not Brazil,Spain etc)

On rohr speaking abt nacho is a norm. he has been part of d team for a long time now,he can't wait to have him back but d truth of d matter is "IF" by November or so ,when eagles will play deir first match,and nacho doesn't enjoy enuf playing time let alone of scoring goals,he might not b invited,forget what rohr is saying now, but as a fan,I hope he continues his form cos of all d players we av @ d moment, nacho fits d no 9 position perfectly, he knws aw d team plays,so to me I think it will b a plus if both ujah and nacho churn out good performance on d pitch,just d way okereke is doing @ d moment

Consider what you have presented in highlighted in the bold.

That's most DISSAPOINTING coming from you of all people. I expected a more substantive approach or if you like balance score card assessment of sorts. Not this joining the bandwagon of sentiment and fanatical favoritism for a player who has failed over the past three seasons in the No. 9 role comprehensively.

A player is only as good as his last season, this is a short term career. There is very little time to impress.

For the past three seasons the truth must be told KC has been ABYSMAL. People talk about him like he was a prolific goal scorer. He simply was not they use statistics to misrepresent his attributes.

He scored 12 goals in two seasons for Manchester city in the EPL in his last season 2016/17 at City he scored 4 goals. For the past two seasons he has scored 4 goals in the EPL after 51 games, let's stop this unnecessary fanatical support its an insult to other Nigerian players who are doing well.

Now some are calling him a better prospect than Ujah currently that's not true. How many goals would Ujah score surrounding by world class players if given the same opportunity.

What we have here is shameless hypocrisy and double standard.

Then with regards to being a No. 9 KC is simply not an out an out striker he just doesn't have the attributes. In this regard there are too many ahead and better than him in that position.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
Bascovanveli2:

The problem was that he hit a wall last season because that was his first year as a pro. U can't blame him much before then he was carrying QPR. Reminds u of Richarlison at Watford when he scored all those goals in the first half of the season then went blank in the rest.

Maybe so.

But this football business at club level is very unforgiving if you don't put on top performances consistently. Your position will be taken over by someone who can, that's football.

For me to tell him anything else is to set him up to fail.

To get time the top you need not just ability but determination, diligence and mental resilience.

Alex Ferguson waa harsh with his players to get the best out of them and push them to the next level. Pep cam be ruthless too look how Raheem has improved and how he dropped KC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
Bascovanveli2:
Ebere Eze's goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkg1-9HfsY

Osayi gave the pass for the first goal too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
komekn:

Consider what you have presented in highlighted in the bold.

That's most DISSAPOINTING coming from you of all people. I expected a more substantive approach or if you like balance score card assessment of sorts. Not this joining the bandwagon of sentiment and fanatical favoritism for a player who has failed over the past three seasons in the No. 9 role comprehensively.

A player is only as good as his last season, this is a short term career. There is very little time to impress.

For the past three seasons the truth must be told KC has been ABYSMAL. People talk about him like he was a prolific goal scorer. He simply was not they use statistics to misrepresent his attributes.

He scored 12 goals in two seasons for Manchester city in the EPL in his last season 2016/17 at City he scored 4 goals. For the past two seasons he has scored 4 goals in the EPL after 51 games, let's stop this unnecessary fanatical support its an insult to other Nigerian players who are doing well.

Now some are calling him a better prospect than Ujah currently that's not true. How many goals would Ujah score surrounding by world class players if given the same opportunity.

What we have here is shameless hypocrisy and double standard.

Then with regards to being a No. 9 KC is simply not an out an out striker he just doesn't have the attributes. In this regard there are too many ahead and better than him in that position.

Considering his experience with d team and what we av @ d moment... "IF" HE can up his game and hit d form,its a no brainer,he shld b d heir to dt throne,Iggy left behind,osimhen to me wasn't convincing and ready for DT position, though u might want to argue he played just one match,but deres a popular saying dt says Sunday wey go good,na from Saturday we go knw,judging from dt match against Tunisia ,I will pick an inform nacho ahead of osimhen,anytime,anyday however maybe d new club (lille) he joined now will up his game and fitness level,and d oda options we av are "green horn" considering dey av no experience with d team...my opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danycrusoe:
Nigeria has put forward the cities of Lagos, Benin City, Asaba and Uyo for the hosting of the 16 –nation finals of the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup

Onikan Stadium, Lagos.

Am surprised no place in the north even abuja. Or is it because it's female football?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danycrusoe:

Onikan Stadium, Lagos.

Very good.. No quota system here. But that Onikan stadium has been under construction for a while now... I hope it will be ready in time...
I would have preferred Yenagoa stadium ahead of Asaba, but Bayelsa doesn't have a functioning airport...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
Taliban:

Am surprised no place in the north even abuja. Or is it because it's female football?

Abuja stadium is too big to host the competition.. And aside Kaduna, I don't think there is any city in the core north that has the facilities to host the competition.. Even Kano has an astro pitch stadium...not good enough for the game..
And when u consider the recent cases of banditry in the region makes it not very safe. Plus Sharia law may cause wahala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danycrusoe:

Onikan Stadium, Lagos.

can the cities and stadiums be an upgrade to what we saw in France?

Just asking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
elyte89:

Considering his experience with d team and what we av @ d moment... "IF" HE can up his game and hit d form,its a no brainer,he shld b d heir to dt throne,Iggy left behind,osimhen to me wasn't convincing and ready for DT position, though u might want to argue he played just one match,but deres a popular saying dt says Sunday wey go good,na from Saturday we go knw,judging from dt match against Tunisia ,I will pick an inform nacho ahead of osimhen,anytime,anyday however maybe d new club (lille) he joined now will up his game and fitness level,and d oda options we av are "green horn" considering dey av no experience with d team...my opinion

Seems like u (and some others on this thread) have make up ur mind(s) to judge Osimhen with the 50 minutes he played against Tunisia.. Did u judge Ighalo's career in the GWG with his first game? It took him almost 10 games before he scored his first goal for the team...even Iheanacho didn't score on his debut. Osimhen currently has better attributes of a true9 than both Ighalo and Iheanacho. .mobility, pace, ball control and work rate!he didn't score against Tunisia but the aforementioned qualities were evident. Give him more chance before u judge him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2019
IFK midfielder Alhassan Yusuf: Wolves rumours inspiring

IFK Gothenburg midfielder Alhassan Yusuf is aware of rumours linking him with Wolves.

It's been suggested Wolves have been told by IFK it will take €7m to sign the Nigerian.

Yusuf told GT: "I hear about what is written, but it is the kind that always comes if you play well and make good matches.

"It's something you have to be happy about, even if what is written is not always right. Obviously it's very fun that people even think that I could go to such big clubs. It is very inspiring.

"I want to play in the top leagues and get the challenges. It's every player's dream and it's the same for me. It's something I've dreamed about since I was a little kid, it would have been really cool."

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ifk-midfielder-alhassan-yusuf-wolves-rumours-inspiring-4291553#7L8OevbfYOXXrAWX.99

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Seems like u (and some others on this thread) have make up ur mind(s) to judge Osimhen with the 50 minutes he played against Tunisia.. Did u judge Ighalo's career in the GWG with his first game? It took him almost 10 games before he scored his first goal for the team...even Iheanacho didn't score on his debut. Osimhen currently has better attributes of a true9 than both Ighalo and Iheanacho. .mobility, pace, ball control and work rate!he didn't score against Tunisia but the aforementioned qualities were evident. Give him more chance before u judge him...

As far as i am concerned osimhen didnt play at the afcon, whats 50 minutes?

If osimhen play 5 games self e no score i no go still judge am

Am not the coach to select, but he is my number 1 striker for now if i am to list

And i pray he adapt to ligue 1 immediately

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
Chidera Ejuke scored a 92 minute goal for henreveen, he was subbed in at the 67th minute of the game.

Another dutch nigerian also played for henreveen his name is Hamdi Akujobi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Abuja stadium is too big to host the competition.. And aside Kaduna, I don't think there is any city in the core north that has the facilities to host the competition.. Even Kano has an astro pitch stadium...not good enough for the game..
And when u consider the recent cases of banditry in the region makes it not very safe. Plus Sharia law may cause wahala
i thought the Abuja stadium is in a sore state?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
Herverd Renard joins Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
ChrisKels:

Etebo exhibited that quote "when life throws a lemon at u, turn around and make a juice out of it"

Enroute Egypt I labelled him a carpenter, dude smiled, got hold of a hammer in the event proper and nailed our midfield.

I was impressed.

Am yet to see what ndidi offers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
Rockyrascal:
i thought the Abuja stadium is in a sore state?

As far as I know, it's the pitch that's in a poor condition..but I don't think that's the issue... The women u-20 world cup doesn't need big capacity stadiums. 5-20k capacity is okay.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
Africans teams don't have patience, more than half of the teams not in final have sacked or the coaches have resigned

Next AFCON same result, same reaction

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli2: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
komekn:

Maybe so.

But this football business at club level is very unforgiving if you don't put on top performances consistently. Your position will be taken over by someone who can, that's football.

For me to tell him anything else is to set him up to fail.

To get time the top you need not just ability but determination, diligence and mental resilience.

Alex Ferguson waa harsh with his players to get the best out of them and push them to the next level. Pep cam be ruthless too look how Raheem has improved and how he dropped KC.

U are talking of QPR here. If their standards were that high they would be in the prem by now. This is why young talented players go to clubs like this so they will be able to get chances even after mistakes. If I am not mistaken that was his first full season as a pro and overall he did good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
wow thats good
andrew444:
Chidera Ejuke scored a 92 minute goal for henreveen, he was subbed in at the 67th minute of the game.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

Na sweden e even dey self and already 24

No be by barca ooo, na so one old papa youngi from npfl fly go barca b on loan thinking say dem go promote am to first team if e do well na so e flop for barca b now e dey egypt

Only two Nigerians played for Barca first team and both came directly from an African league and npfl respectively.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

We for call up the guy before because na barca player.. grin
Some.people self... "we have seen a Barcelona player ignored by the national team" lol.. grin

Just say you don't know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
amuneke was signed from sporting lisbon
forgiveness:

Only two Nigerians played for Barca first team and both came directly from an African league and npfl respectively.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
jihday:
Ati Simi o ati Ujah o otu osi lawon mejeji and we don't need both of them in the gwg

Okay na. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
amuneke was signed from sporting lisbon

Yes, you are right but the other was from the NPFL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Gbenga okunowo only

Amunike joined barca from sporting cp

Or who else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
Watching my boy Rodri grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

Gbenga okunowo only

Amunike joined barca from sporting cp

Or who else?

I have already taken correction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

Hamdi Akukobi is committed to Nigeria. He was part of Aigbogun camp.

Beautiful goal by Ejuke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

Hamdi Akukobi is committed to Nigeria. He was part of Aigbogun camp.

Beautiful goal by Ejuke.

Wow and i never knew about this

Aigbogun didnt take him to the world cup right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6775) (6776) (6777) (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Christology(m), uchenna55, Tinneh, chrisooblog, elyte89 and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.