Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611748 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2019
Sydney Sam grin I just dey pull ur leg
Humility017:

*same route I mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:01am On Aug 15, 2019
There is nobody scouting the NPFL for keepers.

oloriooko:
So Rohr did not see any local player even if na goalkeeper to invite for the friendly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2019
Daninya111:
I mean no disrespect, Fikayo Tomori is good enough to dislodge any of our defense trio-Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo.
Can you really say that Kurt Zouma is better than he is?.

Chelsea fans needs to be patient with Frankie. Lampard is on a learning curve but he will soon get it right. In a few weeks time, some of his players will be fit.

Can't really blame Tammy Abraham for the loss, players like Pedro, Kante, Apzlicueta should have taken the pk, why leave the burden on a young lad?, That was how eto and the cameroonian F. A blamed Wome for that pk loss against Egypt enroute 2006 world cup. Let us not forget he got the P. K that led to Chelsea equalizer. I believe he will come out good as Lampard trust in his ability.

I can't wait to see Fikayo Tomori and Tammy Abraham dorn the green white green jersey. I bet you that they will definitely be a good addition to our squad.

Tomori should have been invited instead of Balogun

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2019
Joebie:
There is nobody scouting the NPFL for keepers.

This is so sad undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
That's one player I hope we don't lose to 3ngland. Rumors are circulating that he harbors the ambition to play for us though but I'm still scared. Ademola lookman seem more assured for now

What the hell are u scared of? Football talent don finish for d country??
Didn't Nedum onuoha turn us down? did the super eagles die? Better take it easy with this ur obsession for foreign born players.. they are the ones that stand to lost/gain d most in the long run...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2019
oloriooko:
This is so sad undecided
there is no goal keeper there please.... you watched the under 20 where an npfl goal keeper fumbled. that league is in a sorry state....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2019
Humility017:

there is no goal keeper there please....
you watched the under 20 where an npfl goal keeper fumbled.
that league is in a sorry state....

And yet that league has produced the best goalkeepers the super eagles ever had. Rohr's goalkeeper trainers are simply lazy!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2019
Iheanacho being listed as a midfielder could mean Rohr is planning to try him at AM again...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2019
oloriooko:
So Rohr did not see any local player even if na goalkeeper to invite for the friendly?
Is Ezenwa not a local player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
Is Ezenwa not a local player?
Well you right but is Afelokhai (pardon my spelling) not better than him?
Ezenwa was still with the SE when he could not hold down the no. 1 spot for his local clubside and one wonders what qualifies him to be part of the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

And yet that league has produced the best goalkeepers the super eagles ever had. Rohr's goalkeeper trainers are simply lazy!
I get am before no be property

They produced the best keepers when they produced the best teams. Was Enyeama not a CAF Champions League winner at some point in his career? Were Nigerian teams not doing better on the continental stage back then? These days, they are losing against teams from countries that are barely the size of Isolo and you really think the quality of players is the same? Even more goalies, you think the way goalies were fifteen years ago is the same as today? How many NPFL goalies have upgraded their skillset to reflect what obtains in modern football? Do they even have the right coaches for that?

A lot of Nigerians like to dwell on the past and use it to determine the present, that is why they constantly assume the Nigerian National team is as good as what it used to be over 2 decades ago.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

They produced the best keepers when they produced the best teams. Was Enyeama not a CAF Champions League winner at some point in his career? Were Nigerian teams not doing better on the continental stage back then? These days, they are losing against teams from countries that are barely the size of Isolo and you really think the quality of players is the same? Even more goalies, you think the way goalies were fifteen years ago is the same as today? How many NPFL goalies have upgraded their skillset to reflect what obtains in modern football? Do they even have the right coaches for that?

A lot of Nigerians like to dwell on the past and use it to determine the present, that is why they constantly assume the Nigerian National team is as good as what it used to be over 2 decades ago.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

Aside Uzoho,we don't have any top goalkeeper playing leagues in Europe.. at can't fill up the goalkeeping post with academy player or 4th division goalies...
Nothing like living in the past here... A lot of countries fill up their teams with foreign based players but turn to their league for goalkeepers. Rohr and his goalkeeper trainers should stop being lazy.. Ezenwa isn't the best goalkeeper there and his continuous invitation either means he is paying his way into d team or d goalkeeper trainers don't know their job..

Emanuel Daniel was one of our best player at the Olympic a few years ago and he came from d npfl.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:23am On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

Aside Uzoho,we don't have any top goalkeeper playing leagues in Europe.. at can't fill up the goalkeeping post with academy player or 4th division goalies...
Nothing like living in the past here... A lot of countries fill up their teams with foreign based players but turn to their league for goalkeepers. Rohr and his goalkeeper trainers should stop being lazy.. Ezenwa isn't the best goalkeeper there and his continuous invitation either means he is paying his way into d team or d goalkeeper trainers don't know their job..

Emanuel Daniel was one of our best player at the Olympic a few years ago and he came from d npfl.

And where is Emmanuel Daniel today? Or are we just going for one-tournament goalies?

Make una manage Ikechukwu Ezenwa for now, if another NPFL player must be in the team, he might probably replace Ezenwa.

This NPFL goalie must be in the team talk, is old and tiring. The 4the division player signified interest to play for Nigeria and has been following up by constantly keeping himself in the view of NFF. He did not just sit back and wait for somebody to call him, he worked for it and most people on social media are happy for him because we don dey see am

Not everytime your performance will speak for you, sometimes, you have to put yourself in their faces until they see you.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

I had high hopes on this guy. I wonder what happened to his career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2019
With our young forwards forming an integral part of their teams in Europe, it pains me to accept that their clubs would find it very difficult to release them for the Olympics come next year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2019
komekn:

Is KC a midfielder now on what basis league form.

I expected a few new players to be tried out its very conservative and not progressive.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Exclusive – Leganes Beat Rivals To Signing Of Chidozie Awaziem From FC Porto

Wow! That's a good one. Our players are moving to better leagues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2019
oloriooko:

Ezenwa is local..

Improve the league first. Your clubs are losing at home to teams that finished 9th in Guinea.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

Ezenwa is local..

Improve the league first. Your clubs are losing at home to teams that finished 9th in Guinea.

U do know that Niger Tornadoes got relegated last season?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and i wont deny i said azubuike is not good enough and will continue saying it. azubuike okechukwu is not good enough hooooooooooha! thank God rohr is not lazy and have scouts who aid him in monitoring the performance of our players in europe. days are gone when paid journalism got people to super eagles cheesy grin

It's not enough to type with that your finger that he is not good enough. Demonstrate it with facts.

Actually, I also think he does not deserve a call but when I hear say he joined that club, I begin have rethink.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
of course i mentioned zubairu as one of the talented young stars in midfield we can boast of but never compared him with azubuike but nwakali jnr. he is a young lad plugged from one of the academies in kaduna that produced the likes of simon moses,kalu,musa,collins,gong etc. he is very talented and have been linked with a possible move away from the slovakian league.

So, a Slovakian league player should be invited ahead of Belgium Pro League and Turkish league players, abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

Tomori should have been invited instead of Balogun

Long route, will have to change nationality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
Clementoke:
Doherty is obviously pained by Maduka Okoye's Invitation. He feels Sebastian Osigwe in the Switzerland 3rd division is more deserving of the invite.

In my opinion however, I see no difference between the German 4th division and Switzerland 3rd division.

They are both lowly leagues. I don't believe there are no better goalkeepers in our national League.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
Humility017:

c'mon that 4th division is more better organised than the NPFL

Who told you that one?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

He can not be as bad as Akpeyi. He is still very young. He can be an understudy.

Why has that goalkeeper coach refused to invite Alampasu?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
oloriooko:

Well you right but is Afelokhai (pardon my spelling) not better than him?
Ezenwa was still with the SE when he could not hold down the no. 1 spot for his local clubside and one wonders what qualifies him to be part of the SE
Have you seen this Afelokhai before? Once read a scouting report which says he's error prone. Personally I think we should look to the local league for a GENUINELY young GK below 23 (not the U-21 goalie type of young) so he can improve over time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Exclusive – Leganes Beat Rivals To Signing Of Chidozie Awaziem From FC Porto

E don reach time wey una no go post news till e official ooo, i never see awaziem for leganes page as i take see omeruo o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
Humility017:

there is no goal keeper there please....
you watched the under 20 where an npfl goal keeper fumbled.
that league is in a sorry state....

Was a keeper of MFM and he never kept for them in the NPFL. Get your facts straight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
Samuel chukwueze switching to number 11 from number 30

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
jihday:
Have you seen this Afelokhai before? Once read a scouting report which says he's error prone. Personally I think we should look to the local league for a GENUINELY young GK below 23 (not the U-21 goalie type of young) so he can improve over time
Error what? That report is bollocks then. The only goal keepers in the league that are at par with him are not Nigerians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
andrew444:
Samuel chukwueze switching to number 11 from number 30
Upgrade, befitting of his newly found status on the world stage

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.