Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11860124 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) (6930) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
Earthquake1:

You don come again
must you talk ni ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
mostob:
must you talk ni ?

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
mostob:
At this rate ehn...oshoala fit win world best o. She has been banging some goals lately. She should just focus and work hard.

No b only win,all d USA/Holland players re ahead of her grin grin,because she's scoring in preseason games, we can as well conclude dt nacho too might nick d world best player since he scored well too smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

4 months ago. Not valid.
LOL.

Okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

Rapinoe and Ashley Morgan will still get a nod ahead of her, so will Toni Duggan and a Swedish player at the World Cup.

She scored a goal yesterday for Barcelona's women and you people are talking World Best. She's not even Top 5 in the UCL Top Scorers last season, not Top 10 in the Primera Division, so, based on which club performance will she be nominated?

Nothing like "you people here" .. The FIFA award nominee has already been released.. Oshoala joined Barca in January and despite missing some games due to injury,she performed..Judging from her pre season performance and her pedigree at club level,she has what it takes to excel at her first full season at barca and could get nominated for the next award... that was my point...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Nothing like "you people here" .. The FIFA award nominee has already been released.. Oshoala joined Barca in January and despite missing some games due to injury,she performed..Judging from her pre season performance and her pedigree at club level,she has what it takes to excel at her first full season at barca and could get nominated for the next award... that was my point...

She performed based on the very low expectations for African players, based on the expectatations on the World Stage? Nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Has Siasia given his press conference yet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Icon79:
So are you comparing the women's league with the men's league?

The point I am trying to make is that, unlike the men's game, when it comes to the women's game the biggest competition remains the national teams since their league isn't fully developed yet.

O pari

@First paragraph, who is talking about the league here ? U said Oshoala is a fraud cus she switches off when playing at the big stage (I assume u are talking about d national team), and if that's the case,then Messi is also a fraud....As per club football, Osohoala has performed at arsenal and Liverpool ladies plus the club she just left in China. and judging from her performance for barca last season within the short time she was there,she has what it takes to perform better this season

@ second paragraph if that's the case,then why did that Ada girl win the balon d'or last year and is in the running for another one? she is on a self imposed exile from her national team...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

She performed based on the very low expectations for African players, based on the expectatations on the World Stage? Nah

Her performance last season doesn't matter anymore as far as the world awards are concerned. its already been released...
I'm talking about the forthcoming season...

She scored 7 in 7 for barca last season..so I expect her to do better ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

In all of this, you admit she will not be World Best. Top 10? We shall see.

I dunno about doing things alone and team sports, but even in a crappy team, an exceptional player shines. The GoalKeeper, Oluehi, was exceptional in that team and she shone, so, there is no need to exonerate Oshoala. She didn't shine in the World Cup, and that's fine.

How is my statement an admission of her not attaining the status of being the best?

Read it again slowly.

Now to the world cup shining issue. It is easier for a goalkeeper and defender to shine in matches that a team is always on the back foot defending from kickoff to final whistle.

How can she get to shine as an attacker when she herself is also with the defence, defending like their life depends on it.
Let common sense prevail please.

Instead of people lampooning her as if she's one super human that is suddenly going to make the team play well, why not direct it to the coach that choose to transform the super Falcons from a team that plays exciting and good football to a team that suddenly could not string 5 passes together without giving the ball away.

Even our local coaches over the years don't play such shitty type of football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
minfelix:
U ppl should pity super eagles na...

But he doesn't look as big as Dennis Onyango and Sylvain Gbohou, secondly he plays in a better league and club than the dou, yet the two goalkeepers are first choices for Uganda and CIV respectively. He should be there ahead of that Maduka boy from German tier 4 league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Nigerians have a mentality against anything old!? lol..

the same Nigerians that voted for Buhari?

Ur second line contradicts ur first line. U made a claim and still countered it. I hope all is well?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
Taliban:

grin at least he no fat reach that Seychelles keeper. Ok based on the picture depending on when it was taken, I withdraw my advocacy. You win this one.

Av u seen Sylvain Gbohou and Dennis Onyango?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Her performance last season doesn't matter anymore as far as the world awards are concerned. its already been released...
I'm talking about the forthcoming season...

She scored 7 in 7 for barca last season..so I expect her to do better ...
Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

What do you mean by she performed based on low expectations for African players? I don't even understand this statement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
if ejide na metal or plastic and dey melt am, dem fit use am mould 4 pple of chriskel's size cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh lawd!! What is my offense in this thread? grin Have u seen me before? Do u know if I am bigger than that man? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
andrew44444:

You are very bias at the bolded.

Bias I am sure you know what it means.

Look at the past 10 years in Chelsea and look at the successful strikers they have had. Tell me one that was less than 5'10".

Compare all these strikers Demba Ba, Drogba, Costa, Carlton Cole, Floyd Hasselbank, Giroud, Morata, Torres, Anelka, Lukaku, etc.

Now look yourself in the mirror and pour ice cold water on your head too cool it down. Eéeeeeee be like say your head deh hot that's why you no reason d mata well.

BIAS ke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
Earthquake1:

It looks like he is no longer giving one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

It looks like he is no longer giving one.

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
grin
ChrisKels:

Oh lawd!! What is my offense in this thread? grin Have u seen me before? Do u know if I am bigger than that man? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

You had better confirm the date the picture was taken before you take it seriously. People can lie here.

If he looks like this and claims to be playing professional football in any league, am sorry I can't take that league serious. When it isn't for a novelty match. We know what he looked like before and that's not muscle, it's fat eod.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
No, I was actually making a much simpler argument. My point is that you can't compare Messi's performance in Barca's shirt to whatever Oshoala is doing in the female league. The point being in the men's team, the biggest stage is arguably the Euro league. Hence, for Messi to perform for Barca means that he's going up against the best of the bests. You can't make the same argument for Oshoala when she plays for the Barca female team. After all, when it comes for the women soccer, the best players in the world are in America …. hence, the only time Oshoala can play against the best is when she plays for the national team.

To me, you can always put an asterisk to whatever she does at the club side levels. She'll need to produce for the Super Falcons at the WWC levels before we can rate her. Right now, she's just flattering to deceive.

O pari

Danielnino00:

@First paragraph, who is talking about the league here ? U said Oshoala is a fraud cus she switches off when playing at the big stage (I assume u are talking about d national team), and if that's the case,then Messi is also a fraud....As per club football, Osohoala has performed at arsenal and Liverpool ladies plus the club she just left in China. and judging from her performance for barca last season within the short time she was there,she has what it takes to perform better this season

@ second paragraph if that's the case,then why did that Ada girl win the balon d'or last year and is in the running for another one? she is on a self imposed exile from her national team...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
Earthquake1:

Heard(on brila fm)his lawyer advised him to keep mute 4 nw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

You had better confirm the date the picture was taken before you take it seriously. People can lie here.

Ejide is fat now.. Go to his Instagram
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
After Kingsley Michael's sterling performance for Bologna in the cup game, here is what Paveman scooped:

I had a look at the local based newspaper websites and Italian football reviews. They didn't particularly single out Kinglsey Michael but the Repubblica of
Bologna roughly-translated says - '‘fresh from his
new contract extension, Michael played with
great personality and took the reigns of Bologna’s
midfield''-. Looking at Bologna’s bench, and
considering that he started ahead of some
midfielders who are definitely more experienced,
and considering that this was a do-or-die cup
match, I was surprised to see him start. Looks
promising!

Edit: his coach (Di Leo, standing in for mihailovic)
had this to say about Michael after the game: - "He
is a humble boy who applies himself very well
and plays with a lot of personality and character.
We are happy wih him and very happy to have
him back in the team".

I am expecting this boy to play a big part in Bologna's midfield this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ejide in July 2019.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:
Ejide in July 2019.
In this pic, he looks fitter than Gbohou and Onyango.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Oshoala did absolutely notin last season to dream of world best, in fact wat am I saying, she no even dey top 10 sef.But with d wat she has been playing in preseason, she just need to carry dat form into d season proper,and if dey are lucky and snatch d league from athleti women and also by mistake win the champe,den she can get a look in even if she dos nt win it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
ChrisKels:

In this pic, he looks fitter than Gbohou and Onyango.
At least now we know why neither of those countries qualified for the World Cup, and failed to reach the semis of AFCON grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
More Ejide.

Looks more like a ref here than an active player.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
andrew44444:

I hear you

Just because of you and komekn ways of thinking

I am sure you guys feel abraham is better than gabriel jesus

Na una opinion thou

It is not a question of who is better because they are two totally different types of striker.

And they will both meet the different requirements and expectations of different teams.

So who is better, open to never ending debate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2019
Icon79:
Ouch! This girl, you get bad mouth o, jare grin

Oya, I need you in the other room in the next 5 mins. Or else …. shocked

O pari

That's Sexist. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) (6930) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gloryon(m), Amedino99(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.