Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,236 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838136 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) (6930) (6931) (6932) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

She scored loads of goals and made it to the champions league final where she scored. Not enough for world best but definitely not absolutely nothing

Ok,ure right,I think anty safari was speaking based on her performance last season and world cup,just trying to point out dat wat she did in dos matches won't give anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

I posted some pics above

What is the difference between him and Ezenwa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

Morata was bought after his exploits as a Striker at Real Madrid.

Falcao returned from long injury but that doesn't tantamount to washed up. You can say he was out of form.

If Torres went to AM straight from Liverpool, he would had competed for the la Liga's top goal scorer. Someone who still scored double digit goals in Spain after he left Chelsea.

Torres scored 22 goals in all competitions the previous season before he was bought. How can we call that washed up?

Under Conte? grin Gabriel will look average under him because he can never bench Costa or play like him. grin

Sarri? Hehehehehehe! I don't think so.
Torres scored 9 in 22 before he moved to Chelsea in Jan. He had sustained that injury and further aggravated it at the WC. He was never the same when he came(barring the brace he scored against Chelsea). Ask any Liverpool fan they'll tell you the same thing.
Why wouldn't he cope under Sarri? Are you aware Mertens turned into a goal machine under him?
He'd cope under Conte as a back up to Costa.
Falcao was washed for two seasons straight. He was no where close to his peak at Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Refs are not as fit as footballers. Not even close.. They are fit, no doubt but not as fit.

You are wwrong

Ref are as fit as footballers (standard), they go through similar training. That some aren't fit is an individual thing.

some refs die during training especially in developing countries and once you get to the highest grade, fitness is what determines your being badged as a fifa ref.

Have you ever been to a ref's training before?

Btw, some refs do more than some footballers on the field of play.

Lastly, alot of refs were once active players/Athletes etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Nah, way too much muscle/fat affects agility.
Ejide was slim and slender at some point.
Ejide has never been slim!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

See pic
But this is not slim nor slender. maybe not as big as now but was never slim.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
edi287:

Torres scored 9 in 22 before he moved to Chelsea in Jan. He had sustained that injury and further aggravated it at the WC. He was never the same when he came(barring the brace he scored against Chelsea). Ask any Liverpool fan they'll tell you the same thing.
Why wouldn't he cope under Sarri? Are you aware Mertens turned into a goal machine under him?
He'd cope under Conte as a back up to Costa.
Falcao was washed for two seasons straight. He was no where close to his peak at Chelsea

How come he scored double digit goals in Spain after he left Chelsea if he was washed up?

Is Mertens better than Hazard? Why didn't he turn him to goal machine?

We saw what happened after Costa left. Gabriel will struggle.

Hahahaha! Now it was for two seasons. grin okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:
See the difference
My man do you really know Ejide cos if you do i don't think there is need for the pics.

I knew Ejide right from Gabros and i want to tell you know much difference except his age.

I will never clamour for Ejide return cos i always see him as very average keeper even at his peak.

I think we should continue with Uzoho and if the likes of Alampasu comes good no issue.

Maduka Okoye?fingers crossed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
Prectega:
Anyone with streaming link to man u match

http://www.bfst.xyz/ch1.php
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

How come he scored double digit goals in Spain after he left Chelsea if he was washed up?

Is Mertens better than Hazard? Why didn't he turn him to washed up?

We saw what happened after Costa left. Gabriel will struggle.

Hahahaha! Now it was for two seasons. grin okay
Wait...12 in 44 is world class to you? Torres never scored 20 league goals after liverpool. He was washed!!
If Ighalo had those numbers - I doubt anyone would want him playing for us.
Mertens turned into a legit goal scoring threat...why wouldn't Jesus? Hazard got his best numbers for you guys under Sarri.
Were Torres numbers at Atleti as good as that at Liverpool? Yes or No

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
Kog45:
My man do you really know Ejide cos if you do i don't think there is need for the pics.

I knew Ejide right from Gabros and i want to tell you know much difference except his age.

I will never clamour for Ejide return cos i always see him as very average keeper even at his peak.

I think we should continue with Uzoho and if the likes of Alampasu comes good no issue.

Maduka Okoye?finger cross.

I have followed Austin Ejide from his time in the local league. I remember watching his super eagle debut at age 19.

I only shared the pictures to show his change in stature and size.

We have seen old european keepers still maintain their shape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:

You are wwrong

Ref are as fit as footballers (standard), they go through similar training. That some aren't fit is an individual thing.

some refs die during training especially in developing countries and once you get to the highest grade, fitness is what determines your being badged as a fifa ref.

Have you ever been to a ref's training before?

Btw, some refs do more than some footballers on the field of play.

Lastly, alot of refs were once active players/Athletes etc

This is a nothing argument.. Referees are fit but not as fit as players who train every single day for weekend matches.

You do realise that referee have other jobs...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:

Ejide has never been slim!

There is definitely a change in physique.. You can choose to call it slim or not.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
Bros, this is not slim, let's stop trying to squeeze things into our bias.
tbaba1234:

There is definitely a change in physique.. You can choose to call it slim or not.

Below represents slim.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:

Below represents slim.

Like i said, your definition of slim is irrelevant. He looks pretty slim to me.

I am simply showing the change in physique over the years.

Compare his size change to Enyeama.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
There are players that have transitioned into refereeing.
Don't be looking at the old refs you see around, look at the younger ones that are within similar ages with most players, then compare.

tbaba1234:

This is a nothing argument.. Referees are fit but not as fit as players who train every single day for weekend matches.

You do realise that referee have other jobs...

Refs train mostly once a week except when they are on tournaments but they do almost what players do.
Take this from an insider, we do what players do and SPEND MORE TIME running.

Maybe not train as much as the players but their training are similar. Yes being a ref is actually not a job but hobby but most train daily too. I do my lazy training 3 times a week at least but serious ones do daily.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
edi287:

Wait...12 in 44 is world class to you? Torres never scored 20 league goals after liverpool. He was washed!!
If Ighalo had those numbers - I doubt anyone would want him playing for us.
Mertens turned into a legit goal scoring threat...why wouldn't Jesus? Hazard got his best numbers for you guys under Sarri.
Were Torres numbers at Atleti as good as that at Liverpool? Yes or No

Torres scored 22 goals at Chelsea. Never washed. If he went to AM straight from Liverpool, he would had contended for la Liga's top goal scorer.

The fact he could score 11 goals in la Liga at that old age showed he was not washed as at the time he joined Chelsea.

Harzad don dey score goals for Chelsea even before Sarri dreamt of joining. His goals had nothing to do with Sarri.

Why didn't Sarri turn him to a CF?

Gabriel will not succeed in Chelsea as a Striker. Forget matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
Everyone but you said he was never slim but you think we should take your definition? okay, sir. Have a good night.
tbaba1234:

Like i said, your definition of slim is irrelevant. He looks pretty slim to me.

I am simply showing the change in physique over the years.

Compare his size change to Enyeama.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
DrLikita12:

http://www.bfst.xyz/ch1.php

The way you serve us streaming links here like egusi soup. Correct doc, your head dey game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

This picture
You just made me remember him in Sydney 2000 Olympics
Baba was shaking like Akpeyi, conceded simple goals cos of his jittery.
That match against Chile really pained me 4-0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:
There are players that have transition into refereeing.
Don't be looking at the old refs you see around, look at the younger ones that are within similar ages with most players, then compare.

Refs train mostly once a week except when they are on tournaments but they do almost what players do.
Take this from an insider, we do what players do and SPEND MORE TIME running.

Maybe not train as much as the players but their training are similar. Yes being a ref is actually not a job but hubby but most train daily too. I do my lazy training 3 times a week at least but serious ones do daily.

You can not train once a week and be as fit as someone who has a full time job training once or twice a day.

Referees are fit but not as fit as players. That is the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:
Everyone but you said he was never slim but you think we should take your definition? okay, sir. Have a good night.

You are clinging to the word slim. It is irrelevant here. The point is the change in size.

Whether he did not fit into your definition of slim does not negate the size change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
nelszx:

This picture
You just made me remember him in Sydney 2000 Olympics
Baba was shaking like Akpeyi, conceded simple goals cos of his jittery.
That match against Chile really pained me 4-0

He was very jittery when he was younger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
I meant refs meet once a week to train together, but most trains daily on their own. If you wait till the weekend to train, you won't even pass the fitness test. In the comment you quoted, I expanded my points to daily and me doing 3 times a week.
tbaba1234:

You can not train once a week and be as fit and someone who has a full time job training once or twice a day.

Referees are fit but not as fit as players. That is the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
No sir, you used SLIM and SLENDER. These are assertive description, but he was never any of these 2. Maybe because he didn't have money then, his "broke" face made you think he was slim. Just see how he looked in various jerseys.. compare him with Aiyenugba and Enyeama (3 of them grew together in the SE), you'd see that he has always been the biggest of them all. Will, you now say Aiyenugba and Enyeama were bony if he was slim/slender at that time?
tbaba1234:

You are clinging to the word slim. It is irrelevant here. The point is the change in size.

Whether he did not fit into your definition of slim does not negate the size change.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:
I meant refs meet once a week to train together, but most trains daily on their own. If you wait till the weekend to train, you won't even pass the fitness test. In the comment you quoted, I expanded my points to daily and me doing 3 times a week.

Still they have other jobs.. They have to make out time to run and ensure their cardio is good.

The footballers full time job is to train twice daily for the next match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:
No sir, you used SLIM and SLENDER. These are assertive description, but he was never any of these 2. Maybe because he didn't have money then, his "broke" face made you think he was slim. Just see how he looked in various jerseys.. compare him with Aiyenugba and Enyeama (3 of them grew together in the SE), you'd see that he has always been the biggest of them all. Will, you now say Aiyenugba and Enyeama were bony if he was slim/slender at that time?

Oh boy, you like argument...

Forget slim and slender... He has grown significantly bigger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:

Below represents slim.
how can you tell? He's wearing jerseys that are bigger than his frame and fit loosely. He would fall into the first guy's frame perhaps, without the large jersey, and the first guy would look like him with a jersey that large

Meanwhile, the term you and tbaba shouldbe using is 'lean' not 'slim' ...slender is just a synonym for slim, they can't go together, nothing like sljm AND slender, it's one or the other
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
Slim and slender mean the same thing. If you read my comments well, you'd see that I use them interchangely.

Search for the pictures of our 3 GKs then and see for yourself.

You can't be using the pictures of when he was still a kid to compare when he became household name in the SE. GKs used to wear bigger jerseys then (Especially in Nigeria) to save themselves from injuries while diving.
safarigirl:
how can you tell? He's wearing jerseys that are bigger than his frame and fit loosely. He would fall into the first guy's frame perhaps, without the large jersey, and the first guy would look like him with a jersey that large

Meanwhile, the term you and tbaba shouldbe using is 'lean' not 'slim' ...slender is just a synonym for slim, they can't go together, nothing like sljm AND slender, it's one or the other
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
Yes, he has added weight (My first comment on him when I saw his picture), I just wanted you to drop the wrong assertion of him being "SLIM".
tbaba1234:

Oh boy, you like argument...

Forget slim and slender... He has grown significantly bigger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:
Slim and slender mean the same thing. If you read my comments well, you'd see that I use them interchangely.

Search for the pictures of our 3 GKs then and see for yourself.

You can't be using the pictures of when he was still a kid to compare when he became household name in the SE. GKs used to wear bigger jerseys then (Especially in Nigeria) to save themselves from injuries while diving.
didn't he become a household name as a kid?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
forgiveness:

Torres scored 22 goals at Chelsea. Never washed. If he went to AM straight from Liverpool, he would had contended for la Liga's top goal scorer.

The fact he could score 11 goals in la Liga at that old age showed he was not washed as at the time he joined Chelsea.

Harzad don dey score goals for Chelsea even before Sarri dreamt of joining. His goals had nothing to do with Sarri.

Why didn't Sarri turn him to a CF?

Gabriel will not succeed in Chelsea as a Striker. Forget matter.
22 goals by Stat padding in the europa league. He only scored 8 in 36 league games(you also forgot to mention it was 22 in 60 plus games which is poor).
Hazard did not want to play as a CF. Fact is Hazard 15 goals and 15 assists was the best he has had throughout his time at Chelsea.
Torres was washed. I can't believe you want to argue this. Dude did not come anywhere close to replicating his liverpool form ever again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) (6930) (6931) (6932) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.