Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654543 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7142) (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:
So, because they have played a match everyday of the week, they should not have shot on target against teenagers?

Is it not human beings that go to work every day of the week and still put in decent shifts? Are we making excuses for failure?

The day I see you accept criticism of an NPFL team on this thread, I will enter Iheanacho's DMs and give him a piece of my mind as regards what his career has become.

Everytime, you have one excuse or the other to make. They've been playing the whole week, they did not use their main team, the bus arrived late, they're sexually frustrated, Boko Haram kidnapped their coach.

A team can never make progress, when their supposed fans can only make excuses for them. Nobody will care if they haven't kicked a ball all year, when an actual competition surfaces.

And na from morning pesin go know as him day go be, so, it isn't just pre-season.

Hahaha!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I don't recall asking you grin joking ooo

But seriously Lincoln city defeated Burnley a couple seasons ago.

Was Burnley in the EPL or the Championship then and the lowest Lincoln has dropped in recent times has been the national conference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The team's name is diamond academy but we are not talking about toddlers here.
Btw same team Samu and Nwakali came from

This is overlame. It's still an Academy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:
Imagine Manchester United's U-23 losing to an Academy. Na to remove the entire players in the U-23 and replace them with Academy kids.

Manchester United U23 are not exactly all exceptional.

And in some regards players development takes precedence over winning. In this regard there are quite a few non league sides that will flog Manchester United.

Do you know that more than 50% of these academy players dont end up playing professional football.

I know a player who left the U23 of a very top EPL side he had captained England U16 and had Captained the U18. He left in 2017 by end of 2018 he was playing non league semi professional football.

This is how football is ups and downs.

IMO it's God's grace who makes it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Was Burnley in the EPL or the Championship then and the lowest Lincoln has dropped in recent times has been the national conference.

Yes and the national conference is what?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

There was this Ghanaian player that played for Arsenal was a bag of tricks skill highly entertaining but end product limited. He did not go far as a result.

Look at Raheem, Gabriel and Sana do you see them dribbling up and down its almost always quick pass interchange and movement at top speed and pinpoint delivery.

You can see that Mahrez had stopped all his Shakara football and dribbling for effective end product. Otherwise he will build house on the bench

Just like Bolasie lots of trickery but not matched with end product.

How many goals and assists has Kalu got this season and or last season. That's the main koko, end product.
grin grin grin

I noticed that too and you are not wrong... But an average naija fan would always choose a ronaldinho over a Gerrard or lampard or ballack....

Every naija dad would prefer his son to be dribbling everybody than to be dribbled....

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes and the national conference is what?

It is the 5th tier and is not non league the national league is the last stage of the professional leagues.

After that it becomes regional semi professional leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

It is the 5th tier and is not non league the national league is the last stage of the professional leagues.

After that it becomes regional semi professional leagues.

It was clearly referred to as non league in that screen shot are u saying you know more than wiki who have compromise this information from reliable sources?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
Brazil Roster For Senegal, Nigeria Friendlies

Goalkeepers (3) : Ederson (Manchester City), Santos (Athletico-PR), Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders: Eder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (PSG), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (São Paulo), Danilo (Juventus), Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid)

Midfielders (6) : Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milan), Matheus Henrique (Grêmio), Philippe Coutinho (Bayern)

Strikers (6): Everton (Grêmio), Gabigol (Flamengo), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Goalkeepers (3) : Ederson (Manchester City), Santos (Athletico-PR), Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders: Eder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (PSG), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (São Paulo), Danilo (Juventus), Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid)

Midfielders (6) : Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milan), Matheus Henrique (Grêmio), Philippe Coutinho (Bayern)

Strikers (6): Everton (Grêmio), Gabigol (Flamengo), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Make dem kuku kill us na grin grin,we re not playing again grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

This squad is threatening. Nigeria should try to keep the scoreline respectful Abeg.

I just pity how our FIFA ranking will look like after this match

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
elyte89:

Fear fear like me

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
I hope Rohr won't go hyper defensive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
darkelf:

Not sold on Chuba. I have a feeling he is another Esiti.

Osigwe isn't better than the keepers we have.
why? Because he's playing in the same club with Esiti?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
cheesy cheesy
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starboytwo:
grin grin grin

I noticed that too and you are not wrong... But an average naija fan would always choose a ronaldinho over a Gerrard or lampard or ballack....

Every naija dad would prefer his son to be dribbling everybody than to be dribbled....

I will choose ronaldinho over any of these players any time t, moment m.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Brazilian teams and players no longer evoke awe and fear.....we have seen that they are very much beatable....our players play in the same leagues with them...unlike before...we have seen Brazil beaten 7-1,eliminated by humiliation....Before,when you hear Cafu,Rivaldo,Ronaldhinho,the original Ronaldo...gooooosh...you lose before the game sef....but now our psychology has improved...

I dare say that the quality has reduced in Brazil but they keep churning out abundant talents,year on year....but as a team...mbanu...most country do not fear them AS BEFORE...

Savvy?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starboytwo:
grin grin grin

100% correct.

I may have a preference for your JJay type of players show boating and dribbling.

However if l don't advise them accordingly then they will end up not going far. Managers in England and Europe want end product not just dribbling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

100% correct.

I may have a preference for your JJay type of players show boating and dribbling.

However if l don't advise them accordingly then they will end up not going far. Managers in England and Europe want end product not just dribbling.

Yea end product is the name of the game, That's why Soufiane Boufal is still unsettled despite having more dribbles than Messi

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

100% correct.

do you think a Neymar can play for Guardiola? Or can Neymar play for man city?

Can ronaldinho play for this present man city team? I'm just thinking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
If we get a winger with more end product I won't mind him replacing Samuel Kalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
Earthquake1:
If we get a winger with more end product I won't mind him replacing Samuel Kalu
Which of our winger has had more end product than him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It was clearly referred to as non league in that screen shot are u saying you know more than wiki who have compromise this information from reliable sources?

Simply put yes on this occasion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
Odunayaw:

I said 'if we get a winger'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2019
Starboytwo:
do you think a Neymar can play for Guardiola? Or can Neymar play for man city?

Can ronaldinho play for this present man city team? I'm just thinking

Absolutely yes buy you know Guardiola doesn't take any nonsense.

If you are not disciplined and do not play to the exact instructions, you will chop bench. And he his not afraid to bench both of them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

E be like say Dani Aves want use walking stick play football. E no go retire?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
cheesy cheesy

We need to be conservative and not too adventurous. Forget creativity against this Brazil team, physicality, compactness and discipline is what would work against them. For me o, our wingers must track back and support the defence. Neymar, Everton, jesus and or Richarlison, firmino can't be dealt with by just the defenders. In fact thus is a match I think Simon mosis or musa and kalu should start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Samuel Kalu vs Daniel Alves...

Chukwueze vs Alex Sandro....

Neymar vs Ola Aina...

Iwobi vs Fabinho....

Coutinho vs Ndidi....

Bring them on! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Some vultures are seriously trying to take the leadership of the NFF from Amaju Pinnick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ansu Fati could represent Spain at the u-17 world cup later next month...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Odunayaw:

As per career record, Musa and Onyekuru have better end products than him..maybe because they occasionally play as strikers.. Simon Moses also has better career stats than him..
Kalu is a decent player no doubt but sometimes he dribbles unnecessary too much.. These days,inverted wingers are taking over the game..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
When you succeeded in building something up that's when these vultures will land

(1) (2) (3) ... (7142) (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Macaranta23, Kingjite1 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.