Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654508 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Brazil Roster For Senegal, Nigeria Friendlies

Goalkeepers (3) : Ederson (Manchester City), Santos (Athletico-PR), Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders: Eder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (PSG), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (São Paulo), Danilo (Juventus), Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid)

Midfielders (6) : Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milan), Matheus Henrique (Grêmio), Philippe Coutinho (Bayern)

Strikers (6): Everton (Grêmio), Gabigol (Flamengo), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
I hope this is just a probable list my brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
elyte89:

Make dem kuku kill us na grin grin,we re not playing again grin
It better not be real.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
komekn:

Absolutely yes buy you know Guardiola doesn't take any nonsense.

If you are not disciplined and do not play to the exact instructions, you will chop bench. And he his not afraid to bench both of them.
I can't see Neymar playing one touch... I don't think he can play under Guardiola...

And I saw mahrez game and I was like oboy!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
jieta:
This squad is threatening. Nigeria should try to keep the scoreline respectful Abeg.

I just pity how our FIFA ranking will look like after this match
Lol... the scoreline fit cause national disaster

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Simon currently in action
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
Samuel Kalu is a better player than most here realize.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Cyril Dessers scores

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
gamaliel9:
Brazilian teams and players no longer evoke awe and fear.....we have seen that they are very much beatable....our players play in the same leagues with them...unlike before...we have seen Brazil beaten 7-1,eliminated by humiliation....Before,when you hear Cafu,Rivaldo,Ronaldhinho,the original Ronaldo...gooooosh...you lose before the game sef....but now our psychology has improved...

I dare say that the quality has reduced in Brazil but they keep churning out abundant talents,year on year....but as a team...mbanu...most country do not fear them AS BEFORE...

Savvy?
U dey give hope to yourself ba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Samuel Kalu vs Daniel Alves... => Advantage NGR

Chukwueze vs Alex Sandro.... => Advantage BRA (experience)

Neymar vs Ola Aina… => Advantage BRA

Iwobi vs Fabinho.... => Advantage NGR

Coutinho vs Ndidi.... => Advantage NGR

Any questions

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Samuel Kalu vs Daniel Alves...

Chukwueze vs Alex Sandro....

Neymar vs Ola Aina...

Iwobi vs Fabinho....

Coutinho vs Ndidi....

Bring them on! grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
Icon79:

Any questions

O pari

Lol funny...
Kalu mayn't even have to deal with Alves too much because the later enjoys overlapping a lot...If we don't play hyper conservative against Brazil,I expect our wingers to get around them..Brazil will come out all attacking against us and that could be to our advantage as long as we don't sit too deep...

IMO, its a game where winning isn't impossible for us.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
Icon79:

Any questions

O pari

see hype

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
Born in Munich, raised in the Netherlands and a family with Nigerian roots. You feel ... I think as a Dutchman. There I felt like I spent my whole life. It's not like I do not feel at home in Germany, but because I do not speak fluent German, that's different. Who are you cheering for at the World Cup? Part of my family lives in Nigeria. That's why I have the same connection to the country as to the Netherlands and Germany. If Nigeria plays at the World Cup, I fever with them, but also for Oranje. And yes, my mother is also keeping her fingers crossed for Germany. So we are together for three teams (laugh)

Quest who said this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
maidaboi:
Born in Munich, raised in the Netherlands and a family with Nigerian roots. You feel ... I think as a Dutchman. There I felt like I spent my whole life. It's not like I do not feel at home in Germany, but because I do not speak fluent German, that's different. Who are you cheering for at the World Cup? Part of my family lives in Nigeria. That's why I have the same connection to the country as to the Netherlands and Germany. If Nigeria plays at the World Cup, I fever with them, but also for Oranje. And yes, my mother is also keeping her fingers crossed for Germany. So we are together for three teams (laugh)

Quest who said this?

Taiye taiwo grin grin grin...yeh who slap me cry!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
KPOM! I watch Brazil in Copa America and there's nothing special about them, to be quite honest with you.

I am almost 100% sure that our boys can match up with them but I don't trust our coach. He'd go out there trying to play defensive and that would give the Brazillians the time and space to unleash on us shocked

O pari

Danielnino00:

Lol funny...
Kalu mayn't even have to deal with Alves too much because the later enjoys overlapping a lot...If we don't play hyper conservative against Brazil,I expect our wingers to get around them..Brazil will come out all attacking against us and that could be to our advantage as long as we don't sit too deep...

IMO, its a game where winning isn't impossible for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
No hype here, bro.

I will take Kalu over the aged Dani Alvez.
For me, Alex Iwobi over Fabihno any day and twice on Sunday!
On current form, Ndidi can deal with Coutinho.

O pari

maidaboi:
see hype
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Una don start again ooo.
Icon79:

Any questions

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
You guys are making the fixture even more mouthwatering than it already is. It's getting almost feverish.

Good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
maidaboi:

Quest who said this?

This reads so familiar.

Trooper-Ekong said this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
I don't know where I am getting this confidence that we gonna beat Brazil, from. Maybe I am deluded or something, but guys watch this space. That Brazil squad doesn't look threatening to me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:

This reads so familiar.
Trooper-Ekong said this
Ekong was born in Haarlem. That should be Kingsley Ehizibue speaking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
Icon79:
KPOM! I watch Brazil in Copa America and there's nothing special about them, to be quite honest with you.

I am almost 100% sure that our boys can match up with them but I don't trust our coach. He'd go out there trying to play defensive and that would give the Brazillians the time and space to unleash on us shocked

O pari

Make we take ambsoftly softly o, if there x nothing special about Brazil and they won Copa America how many of the teams is south America can we beat comfortably. We even fail to hold a weak Argentina at the world cup.

I like the squad Brazil has put out, shows they are serious, it behoves our players to make it more than a friendly by putting up commendable performance against them. I know we won't be a run over, we are not San Marino in world Football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
ChrisKels:
I don't know where I am getting this confidence that we gonna beat Brazil, from. Maybe I am deluded or something, but guys watch this space. That Brazil squad doesn't look threatening to me.

Do u knw dis k.onisiwo dt plays for Mainz fc,his name sounds Nigerian but nobody talks abt him here...dis will b d 2nd time I will b cin d name though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
elyte89:

Do u knw dis k.onisiwo dt plays for Mainz fc,his name sounds Nigerian but nobody talks abt him here...dis will b d 2nd time I will b cin d name though

He is Nigerian but he has already played for Austria. He has like 4 caps for Austria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

He is Nigerian but he has already played for Austria. He has like 4 caps for Austria

Okay.. Thanks wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

Ekong was born in Haarlem. That should be Kingsley Ehizibue speaking

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
elyte89:

We av talked about him here bfor, infact he was almost a regular feature here during Balogun's Mainz days, though he was mostly a bench warmer. Then, he had only one cap for Austria in a friendly game, but now he is a full Austria international. I remember a certain time he scored for Mainz and Balogun congratulated him and called him "omo naija". Yes Karim Onisiwo is an Austrian international of naija descent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

We av talked about him here bfor, infact he was almost a regular feature here during Balogun's Mainz days, though he was mostly a bench warmer. Then, he had only one cap for Austria in a friendly game, but now he is a full Austria international. I remember a certain time he scored for Mainz and Balogun congratulated him and called him "omo naija". Yes Karim Onisiwo is an Austrian international of naija descent

Thanks Chris wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AbuMikey(m): 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
maidaboi:

Quest who said this?

Ekong!

On thePlayersTribune
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Not ekong but Ehizibue. Ekong was born in haarlem
AbuMikey:

Ekong!

On thePlayersTribune
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
iSlayer:
Samuel Kalu is a better player than most here realize.
true.
but what triggered this assertion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7143) (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Alfryd and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.