Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,263 members, 7,864,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11952373 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7287) (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) ... (16370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2019
andrew444:

Lol and some people are even justifying the invitation

Lol,I remember wen d guy dey wine us na,sey he dey naija call up,he needs to well for himself first,Russia or Netherlands will be acceptable, but Bulgaria, ona jin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2019
The funniest excuses:
"he was in the stand by list", "he won't even get to play" etc.
So why was he in the standby list in the first place, couldn't someone else have been there?
and if he won't get to play why even replace Kalu with any player in the first place? grin
if na just formality then put a worthy player there anyway or better yet put home based player name grin
andrew444:

As if this otabor will be even able to play for other country, i can bet that if this guy is eligible to play for bulgaria he wont make their national team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 10:28am On Oct 07, 2019
see grown men crying over invitation ... cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2019
Joebie:
The funniest excuses:
So why was he in the standby list in the first place, couldn't someone else have been there?
and if he won't get to play why even replace Kalu with any player in the first place? grin
if na just formality then put a worthy player there anyway or better yet put home based player name grin

Lol, i swear bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2019
Certitude:

You can say that again

But you self reason am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2019
I watched Azeez and I can say he's very decent and a hardworker he's also very efficient on the ball and releases it in time not in an Etebo-esqe fashion

Etebo should be worried

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2019
andrew444:

You can say that again
But you self reason am
Our Naija system dey funny.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Certitude:

Our Naija system dey funny.

You self know nah, very funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Azeez spends on average 1 second on the ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2019
andrew444:
Where are those epl fan boys that say kante will start at barca?

Should i remind them that the great Arturo Vidal doesnt start all games, so na kante go start abi?

Make una continue to dey smoke una oshogbo Weed

Nonsense and Tijani

Don't you get tired of bullshit?

Give us a break.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2019
Certitude:

We are here to discuss the super eagles!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2019
Joebie:
The funniest excuses:

It's not even necessary to replace Kalu...since its just one game.
We can just move Iwobi back to the wings with Etebo, Ndidi and Aribo in midfield.. or alternatively we play 3 at the back with Simeon and Aina as wingbacks with Chukwueze and Osimhen up front...

If at all a replacement should be called for Kalu,it should be someone worthy! Haba,David Okereke self deserve a call up before him....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2019
Danielnino00:

We are here to discuss the super eagles!
Why are you telling me?
undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2019
iSlayer:

Give us a break.

Shut up your mouth

Why not jump and pass
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2019
Danielnino00:

It's not even necessary to replace Kalu...since its just one game.
We can just move Iwobi back to the wings with Etebo, Ndidi and Aribo in midfield.. or alternatively we play 3 at the back with Simeon and Aina as wingbacks with Chukwueze and Osimhen up front...

If at all a replacement should be called for Kalu,it should be someone worthy! Haba,David Okereke self deserve a call up before him....

Agreed

Was even thinking to say it wasnt necessary to replace kalu as its just 1 game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2019
andrew444:

Shut up your mouth
Why not jump and pass

Why not hold in your bullshit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2019
Some people are actually worse than the corrupt NFF than they realize. With all the cries of injustice against the Federation by Doherty as regards players selection, I find it surprising that he sees nothing wrong in Otabor's selection. Teamnigeriauk even congratulated him on his call. Bias!!!. Just because the guy is English-born. Smh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
sheyishemba:
Otabor's invitation is not yet official... There has been controversies about his invitation... Hopefully this would be rescind...
It has
Its on the nff Twitter page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
So many conspiracy theorists on here because of Otabors Invitation. The real conspiracy is in front of us and we are blind to it. I am surprised no one can see what is very clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Clementoke:
Some people are actually worse than the corrupt NFF than they realize. With all the cries of injustice against the Federation by Doherty as regards players selection, I find it surprising that he sees nothing wrong in Otabor's selection. Teamnigeriauk even congratulated him on his call. Bias!!!. Just because the guy is English-born. Smh.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
iSlayer:

Give us a break.

like seriously, just bringing inconsequential argument. both players don't play same position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
He got an assist yesterday. Making it two assists for the lad. But even at that... I still find his invite very shocking.

andrew444:

With 9 games and no assist or even a goal?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
These guys are all Under 23 and are on fire in Europe.... Keep your eyes on them too. Although we already have big eyes on Ebere Eze, this is just for emphasis sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
He got an assist yesterday. Making it two assists for the lad. But even at that... I still find his invite very shocking.

Alright
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
These guys are all Under 23 and are on fire in Europe.... Keep your eyes on them too. Although we already have big eyes on Ebere Eze, this is just for emphasis sake.

Ebere eze has not been bad thou

Umar is really doing well not, no thanks to steven gerard who refuse to give him game time at rangers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
jieta:
like seriously, just bringing inconsequential argument. both players don't play same position.

Arturo vidal do play as a defensive midfielder and a central and so do kante since sarri tenure at chelsea, jorginho played deeper, so what are you saying?

If you had stated i am derailing this thread i will understand, but you saying i am bringing inconsequential argument makes you look like who doesnt watch football, when last do you even watch arturo vidal?

Barcelona and chelsea played with a 4-3-3 formation in their yesterday game, go and check and see for your self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
1999- Victor Osimhen became the first player to score in his first five Ligue 1 home games since Alex with St.Etienne in 1999. Impressive.

Courtesy: @OptaJean.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
andrew444:

Arturo vidal do play as a defensive midfielder and a central and so do kante since sarri tenure at chelsea, jorginho played deeper, so what are you saying?

If you had stated i am derailing this thread i will understand, but you saying i am bringing inconsequential argument makes you look like who doesnt watch football, when last do you even watch arturo vidal?

Barcelona and chelsea played with a 4-3-3 formation in their yesterday game, go and check and see for your self

Leave dem make dem deh yarn rubbish. Kante weh never make any ucl team of the weak before. Na epl e deh shine

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Osimhen scores again, awarded Ligue 1 best player for September
October 6, 2019
Super Eagles forward, Victor Osihmen scored his 7th goal in the French Ligue 1 in Lille’s 2-2 draw against Olympique Nimes on Sunday.
Before the kickoff of Sunday encounter, the striker was presented with Lille’s player of the month of September.
LOSC Lille EN
@LOSC_EN
Well done @victorosimhen9 ! Our prolific forward picked up his Player of the Month for September award prior to #LOSCNO. @boulanger
68 3:07 PM - Oct 6, 2019

43 people are talking about this

Osimhen, who joined the French giants at the start of the season, netted the equalising goal for the hosts 11 minutes from time.

The 20-year-old has now scored seven goals in nine league appearances for Les Dogues this season..

He also scored in the Champions League in midweek in their 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Neymar, Firmino, Richarlison Storm Brazil Camp Ahead Super Eagles Clash

Five-time World Champions Brazil have opened their camp for Sunday’s international friendly encounter against the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the Singapore National Stadium, Kallang, reports
Completesports.com .

Several of the Selecao top stars including Paris Saint-Germain talisman Neymar, according to a report in Foxsports.com.br , arrived Singapore for the game on Monday.

Neymar who was cheered by the Brazil fans in Kallang, also took time to sign autographs for his admirers..

Neymar’s PSG teammate, Marquinhos and has also arrived the Asian country for the game, as well as the likes of Liverpool duo Roberto Firmino and Fabinho.

Other early arrivals in the Bazil camp are; Richarlison, Lucas Paqueta, Casemiro and Eder Militao.

Several other top stars including Philippe Coutinho, Gabriel Jesus and Ederson are still being expected in camp.

Tite’s men will take on the Teranga Lions of Senegal on Thursday, October 10 at the Singapore National Stadium before filing out against the Super Eagles at the same venue on Sunda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Onuachu Delighted To Make Genk Fans Happy With Brace In Win Vs Mouscron

KRC Genk forward Paul Onuachu is delight to have given their fans something to cheer about with a brace in the 2-1 comeback home win against Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgian First Division A match on Sunday, reports
Completesports.com .

The Nigeria international who has struggled for regular playing time at the club following his arrival from Danish outfit, FC Midtjylland played himself into the hearts of Genk supporters after his introduction for Ianis Hagi on the hour mark.

Onuachu equalised for Genk in the 75th minute, cancelling out Jonas Osabutey’s opener for Mouscron.

Onuachu scores for Genk against Royal Excel Mouscron

The 25-year-old then netted the winning goal for the hosts eight minutes into stoppage time.
“I do my best, I work for the team,” the tall striker told reporters after the match.
“I have to be patient, take my time.

As a footballer you naturally want to make people happy. I am here for the team and for the supporters.

“It was important to win our home match. In Denmark, I also scored quite a few winning goals.”

Onuachu has now scored four goals in four league games and a goal in a cup game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
Emmanuel Dennis has become the new darling of Club Brugge fans after his two goals helped the Belgium club claim a 2-2 draw against Real Madrid in a Champions League clash at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu and he was also on target in the last round of matches in the Belgian First Division A.

The Nigeria international has acknowledged that things were not rosy for him initially and admitted that fans were not satisfied with his performance in the Champions League group stage opener against Galatasaray.

Dennis went on to say that world class players such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale have gone through bad patches in their careers.

''I received a lot of bad messages from the fans at the time. They insulted me because I had missed the ball and missed the other big chance," Dennis told Het Laatste Nieuws.

''You know what it is? There is a lot of gambling nowadays. I think that a lot of people had bet money on a victory for Club against Galatasaray ... And because they had lost their bet, they decided to express their dissatisfaction on my social media accounts.''

Dennis continued : "It was not an easy period. I was really sad, was in the pit. Even though I know the big players are experiencing this too. Bale, Cristiano, Messi, Benzema ... If they miss such opportunities, people will also be against them say stupid things. But sometimes you are good and sometimes you are bad''.

Dennis is in contention to earn his second international cap for the Super Eagles in Sunday's friendly against Brazil at the National Stadium in Singapore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7287) (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) ... (16370) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, justvictor57(m), Ppogbae, Lawag3, gatecrash123, Theben(m), Odunayaw(m), villagereporter(m), Canada2021 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.