Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614536 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7307) (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Earthquake1:
No wonder they want to send him back to Galatasaray

Onyekuru Flew From Monaco To Istanbul For Haircut
Super Eagles winger, Henry Onyekuru, took a two hours, 11 minutes flight from Monaco to Istanbul for a haircut, it has been revealed.

The former Everton player, who completed a £12.5m deal to AS Monaco this season, arrived Istanbul recently for the haircut with popular Nigerian celebrity barber, Mukaila Ajanaku.

Ajanaku, a renowned hair-stylist in Europe has A-list footballers like Florentin Pogba, Manchester United’s Paul Pogba’s brother, former Arsenal star, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gael Clichy, ex-Real and AC Milan star, Robinho and Kenneth Omeruo on his clientele list.

“Onyekuru flew in from Monaco just to get a haircut from me. I’m not surprise at all because I have been his stylist since his days at Galatasaray on a loan deal last season.

He continued, “Onyekuru believes in my haircut, I am good at what I do and make sure I tend to my clients’ demands.

“If I wasn’t doing a good job I don’t think the likes of Adebayor, Pogba’s brother (Florentin), Dutch winger Eljero Elia, former City defender, Gael Clichy, just to mention a few, will come to my salon,” he told Sports Extra.

Onyekuru is yet to hit the ground running for Leonardo Jardim’s side this season. The AFCON bronze medalist has no goals but already has one assist in four appearances for the principality club.

https://punchng.com/onyekuru-flew-from-monaco-to-istanbul-for-haircut/amp/

the guy never serious to play .

When a lot of Young and hungry player are looking to play in France, this Mumu is being lazy and wants to go back to a pensioner league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Earthquake1:
No wonder they want to send him back to Galatasaray

Onyekuru Flew From Monaco To Istanbul For Haircut
Super Eagles winger, Henry Onyekuru, took a two hours, 11 minutes flight from Monaco to Istanbul for a haircut, it has been revealed.

The former Everton player, who completed a £12.5m deal to AS Monaco this season, arrived Istanbul recently for the haircut with popular Nigerian celebrity barber, Mukaila Ajanaku.

Ajanaku, a renowned hair-stylist in Europe has A-list footballers like Florentin Pogba, Manchester United’s Paul Pogba’s brother, former Arsenal star, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gael Clichy, ex-Real and AC Milan star, Robinho and Kenneth Omeruo on his clientele list.

“Onyekuru flew in from Monaco just to get a haircut from me. I’m not surprise at all because I have been his stylist since his days at Galatasaray on a loan deal last season.

He continued, “Onyekuru believes in my haircut, I am good at what I do and make sure I tend to my clients’ demands.

“If I wasn’t doing a good job I don’t think the likes of Adebayor, Pogba’s brother (Florentin), Dutch winger Eljero Elia, former City defender, Gael Clichy, just to mention a few, will come to my salon,” he told Sports Extra.

Onyekuru is yet to hit the ground running for Leonardo Jardim’s side this season. The AFCON bronze medalist has no goals but already has one assist in four appearances for the principality club.

https://punchng.com/onyekuru-flew-from-monaco-to-istanbul-for-haircut/amp/

I have never read anything so egoistic and foolish at the same time. Man even resorts to name-dropping, celebrity stylist wey dey name drop

Sense is far from Onyekuru, travel two hours to cut hair, money cannot buy sense. There are enough black people in France to have barbers that specialize in styling hair for black players. He's really dumb

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2019
Match of the day, Brazil versus Senegal - 1pm Nigerian time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:
I have never read anything so egoistic and foolish at the same time. Man even resorts to name-dropping, celebrity stylist wey dey name drop

Sense is far from Onyekuru, travel two hours to cut hair, money cannot buy sense. There are enough black people in France to have barbers that specialize in styling hair for black players. He's really dumb

The guy just wants to go back to Istanbul

This is the second published time he has gone back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Chai, I have an exam by 12 pm o . what a Bleep up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2019
timay:

When a lot of Young and hungry player are looking to play in France, this Mumu is being lazy and wants to go back to a pensioner league.

I could remember when rohr said onyekuru show off a lot,reason he doesn't start games,so many ppu here called him unprinted names, same man told us dt osimhen is lightweight against African defenders back den(we knew aw poor osihmen was against Tunisia;falling like a pack of cards)...at times when dis coaches talk ,we shld try to always give dem benefit of doubt cos dey watch dis players daily @ close quarters.

Anyway as for onyekuru,I hope he changes for good, cos osihmen has changed and now he's becoming indispensable in eagles team smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:13am On Oct 10, 2019
timay:

You can always skip your exam wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Where can one watch it?....can u drop a link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Are the foreign born players more talented than the so called OVER AGED home grown players? Av we ever had a foreign born striker half as good as Kanu Nwankwo or Yakubu who were said to be over aged? Abi we dun ever get any foreign born defender half as good as Taribo?

bro...this your question just weak me.
wetin you wan make talk nahhh.
it is painful to have a player who will begin to debilitate when he is still in late 20s
remember Amokachi retired @ age 27 when he is supposed to still be playing.

we just need home groomed players with true declared age

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Lol u know nothing about this so steer clear. Arturo vidal flies his barber from Italy to Germany for his perfect hair cut, he still does that in Spain, c Ronaldo does that, djibril Cisse did, Theo Walcot never changes his barber. This is not just a celebrity stuff, most guys don't change their barbers. I once invited my school barber to my base in Enugu to barb me for a SPECIAL OCCASION. I never feel comfortable having a different hand on my hair, I always have this feeling that this new barber won't give it to me the way I want it. U are not a guy so u won't understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2019
Humility017:

bro...this your question just weak me.
wetin you wan make talk nahhh.
it is painful to have a player who will begin to debilitate when he is still in late 20s
remember Amokachi retired @ age 27 when he is supposed to still be playing.

we just need home groomed players with true declared age

Oh Amokachi? At what age did VicMo retire?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2019
elyte89:

I could remember when rohr said onyekuru show off a lot,reason he doesn't start games,so many ppu here called him unprinted names, same man told us dt osimhen is lightweight against African defenders back den(we knew aw poor osihmen was against Tunisia;falling like a pack of cards)...at times when dis coaches talk ,we shld try to always give dem benefit of doubt cos dey watch dis players daily @ close quarters.

Anyway as for onyekuru,I hope he changes for good, cos osihmen has changed and now he's becoming indispensable in eagles team smiley

Obviously , one of them listened to Rohrs advice by improving his physicality, while the other is still fooling himself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:19am On Oct 10, 2019
timay:

you see Nigeria home groomed players...
talents is not just enough...even when they have talents, good we pray they're disciplined too or else there will no end products at the end....

just imagine NACHO, ISAAC SUCCESS,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Oh Amokachi? At what age did VicMo retire?
Moses still plays nah. and more over I nor wan talk much about V. Moses he was not born in the UK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2019
Humility017:
Moses still plays nah. and more over I nor wan talk much about V. Moses he was not born in the UK
Moses plays shit now. At what age did Abie George retire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol u know nothing about this so steer clear. Arturo vidal flies his barber from Italy to Germany for his perfect hair cut, he still does that in Spain, c Ronaldo does that, djibril Cisse did, Theo Walcot never changes his barber. This is not just a celebrity stuff, most guys don't change their barbers. I once invited my school barber to my base in Enugu to barb me for a SPECIAL OCCASION. I never feel comfortable having a different hand on my hair, I always have this feeling that this new barber won't give it to me the way I want it. U are not a guy so u won't understand.

K

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2019
How old is Balogun and what's his career status now? When Taribo was 30 (real age), he was the most expensive defender in the world

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2019
I laughed hard today when I heard on Brila that the result of our friendly match against Brazil is important.
How can we expect a good result from a friendly where most of our key players pulled out and the ones playing will be very careful and wary of injuries which can have adverse effect on their club career.
The friendly is to discover new talents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

What is the SPECIAL OCCASION Onyekuru has to fly to Istanbul to barb hair? Is Onyekuru Arturo Vidal? So, because Vidal os doing it, Onyekuru too can do it. Are you doing the things Dangote can do? Is Onyekuru on Vidal level? Somebody that has barely kicked a ball since he went to Monaco should be traveling up and down to cut hair because that is what 'men' do.

Stop excusing nonsense by dragging an entire race of people into it. You think I don't live with men? You think I don't know men? Are men now aliens that cannot be understood and reason beyond basic human behavior?

This is not something 'men' do, it is something vain, and mostly unserious people do. Except he has a health condition that stops him from using other barbers, there is no LOGICAL reason, for a footballer that is struggling with game time, to travel two hours for something as fickle as a haircut

A 2hrs flight to u must be a million miles journey. Like I said earlier u have no clue what u are saying. How many times has he gone to Turkey to have that hair cut, abi the guy hasn't been shaving his hair since he left Turkey for France?

As unserious as Flavour Nabania is, he still books Perfect from Idodo Street Enugu for his haircut even though flavour doesn't stay here no more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2019
fabyom:

I seriously want us to perform well! Because if we loose people like you will start calling for Rohr's head.
I don't think losing to Brazil should be a big deal bro. How we lose should.

Brazil is not out mate where we like it or not because our team is not yet a finished project. A lot of raw and little experienced players coupled with an inch above average coach at best if we're to be generous ( that is if we're to be generous e mm in rating Gernot Rohr)
Though I'm not saying we should sprucy the match with our trails in between our legs.

A 2-1 loss should not be a scandal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

A 2hrs flight to u must be a million miles journey. Like I said earlier u have no clue what u are saying. How many times has he gone to Turkey to have that hair cut, abi the guy hasn't been shaving his hair since he left Turkey for France?

Stop excusing rubbish.

Everybody has priorities, if your priority, as a professional footballer, is to travel two hours to another country to cut your hair, especially when you are not doing well at your club, then, you are dumb.

You are the only 'man' supporting this nonsense behavior here, out of all the other men that have commented, you must not be as well versed in man affairs as you assume. There are also women that do foolish things like Onyekuru, they are usually vain and superficial.

It is not restricted to one gender, it is just something superficial people do, ypur example is even Flavor, another vain and superficial person, cementing my belief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:54am On Oct 10, 2019
timay:

Simply stream from your phone while doing your stuff pal... drink something a bit it v will help.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

What is the SPECIAL OCCASION Onyekuru has to fly to Istanbul to barb hair? Is Onyekuru Arturo Vidal? So, because Vidal os doing it, Onyekuru too can do it. Are you doing the things Dangote can do? Is Onyekuru on Vidal level? Somebody that has barely kicked a ball since he went to Monaco should be traveling up and down to cut hair because that is what 'men' do.

Stop excusing nonsense by dragging an entire race of people into it. You think I don't live with men? You think I don't know men? Are men now aliens that cannot be understood and reason beyond basic human behavior?
This is not something 'men' do, it is something vain, and mostly unserious
people do. Except he has a health condition that stops him from using other barbers, there is no LOGICAL reason, for a footballer that is struggling with game time, to travel two hours for something as fickle as a haircut

MOST guys are more faithful to thier barbers than to thier girlfriends. You are are lady so you can't possibly know how significant a haircut is to a man, especially guys who rock complicated hairstyles (like Onyekuru's Mohawk).

I myself treks for an hour or so from UNN boys hostel where I live to my barber's shop off campus. I've been using the same barber since my first year. When he is not around I rather carry my hair bushy than go anywhere else. There is this special bond between barbers and thier customers, you are a lady so you can't possibly understand.

Two hours travel no fit separate me from my barber abeg.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

MOST guys are more faithful to thier barbers than to thier girlfriends. You are are lady so you can't possibly know how significant a haircut is to a man, especially guys who rock complicated hairstyles (like Onyekuru's Mohawk).

I myself treks for an hour or so from UNN boys hostel where I live to my barber's shop off campus. I've been using the same barber since my first year. When he is not around I rather carry my hair bushy than go anywhere else. There is this special bond between barbers and thier customers, you are a lady so you can't possibly understand.

When did this special barber enter his life?

Maybe Rohr too doesn't know anything about men, that is why he thinks Onyekuru takes his appearance more seriously than playing football. Maybe I am surrounded by serious-minded men. When you move to a new place, you will get a new barber.

Special bond is just an excuse. He should kuku be flying in the barber like Pogba does hisn

And don't think it is a man thing, there are women that have special stylists, if the stylist isn't around, they don't make their hair anywhere else or with anyone else. Stop thinking men are different, it is a person thing, not a gender thing

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Stop excusing rubbish.

Everybody has priorities, if your priority, as a professional footballer, is to travel two hours to another country to cut your hair, especially when you are not doing well at your club, then, you are dumb.

You are the only 'man' supporting this nonsense behavior here, out of all the other men that have commented, you must not be as well versed in man affairs as you assume. There are also women that do foolish things like Onyekuru, they are usually vain and superficial.

It is not restricted to one gender, it is just something superficial people do, ypur example is even Flavor, another vain and superficial person, cementing my belief.

I am strong willed, hence I dont follow the bandwagon. U dont expect me to condemn the guy just bkus someone else did, I have an independent mind of my own and my view must not conform with everybody's. U are looking for supports(back ups)? lol.

Most footballers don't change their barbers, most guys don't change their barbers and that doesn't make them vain or unserious. Unserious, idle and vain people rather sit their asses at home viewing, promoting a morally bankrupt shows like the BBN, vain people never miss any episode from 2003 and vain people come here to defend and justify the immorality the show teaches.

Vain people are unproductive of success. None of those guys are unsuccessful, hence I don't know where u get that word "vain" from.

Chris Oforkansi Kels, just like most guys doesn't like changing his barber and that doesn't make him vain.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Whenever my barber is outta town, I always have my face cap on, until he returns. The girl just dey talk rubbish

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

this can't be farther from the truth. A lot of guys myself included don't just allow any barber touch their head. Some people's own is extreme to the point that they only use one barber and it is the only one they can ever trust

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

I am strong willed, hence I dont follow the bandwagon. U dont expect me to condemn the guy just bkus someone else did, I have an independent mind of my own and my view must not conform with everybody's. U are looking for supports lol.

Most footballers don't change their barbers, most guys don't change their barbers and that doesn't make them vain or unserious. Unserious, idle and vain people rather sit their asses at home viewing, promoting a morally bankrupt shows like the BBN, vain people never miss any episode from 2003 and vain people come here to defend and justify the immorality the show teaches.

Vain people are unproductive of success. None of those guys are unsuccessful, hence I don't know where u get that word "vain" from.

Chris Oforkansi Kels, just like most guys doesn't like changing his barber and that doesn't make him vain.
vanity has nothing to do with success.

You can be vain and successful. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is vain and successful, Mourinho is vain and successful, Mayweather is vain and successful. You must not know what vanity means for you to assume vain people are u productive of success. Success spurs vanity for most.

Learn what vanity means, Chriskels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

This is not something 'men' do, it is something vain, and mostly unserious people do. Except he has a health condition that stops him from using other barbers, there is no LOGICAL reason, for a footballer that is struggling with game time, to travel two hours for something as fickle as a haircut
I find this comment coming from somebody who just wrote epistles to defend something like big brother naija funny...

What happened to the freedom of choice u preached about yesterday??/

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

I find this comment coming from somebody who just wrote epistles to defend something like big brother naija funny...

What happened to the freedom of choice u preached about yesterday??/

I preach about freedom of opinions, which is what I stated. We can argue about choices and opinions, like we did with BBNaija yesterday.

I don't recall saying anything about choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Stop excusing rubbish.

haircut especially hairlining is a very delicate stuff to us hence, we hardly jump from one barber to another. I have my own barber (sirpholly) and I don't joke with him at all. I remembered when I went to Naija for 1month, I didn't cut my hair all through my stay in Naija until I came back to Dubai. Infact I went to his shop from Dubai Airport with my luggage. You wont understand.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2019
What a guy Osimhen is..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7307) (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.