Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,395 members, 7,812,160 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11613840 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) (7314) ... (16127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:
vanity has nothing to do with success.

You can be vain and successful. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is vain and successful, Mourinho is vain and successful, Mayweather is vain and successful. You must not know what vanity means for you to assume vain people are u productive of success. Success spurs vanity for most.

Learn what vanity means, Chriskels.

U really need to go back to the basics, u sure don't know how to use ur dictionary. In one sense vain is synonymous to being narcissistic, in another, it means being futile or useless. Now in the context, u used the word vain, u were describing the boy as an ineffectual fellow not a conceited one. That's why u said his career was ailing and he was prioritising frivolities. So sis, go learn the meaning(s) of the word "vain'' and how best to use it in a sentence

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:
Match of the day, Brazil versus Senegal - 1pm Nigerian time

,ake our Africn brodas no go do brazil strong thing ooo

else the vex dem go use face us hmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

When did this special barber enter his life?

Maybe Rohr too doesn't know anything about men, that is why he thinks Onyekuru takes his appearance more seriously than playing football. Maybe I am surrounded by serious-minded men. When you move to a new place, you will get a new barber.

Special bond is just an excuse. He should kuku be flying in the barber like Pogba does hisn

And don't think it is a man thing, there are women that have special stylists, if the stylist isn't around, they don't make their hair anywhere else or with anyone else. Stop thinking men are different, it is a person thing, not a gender thing

Did Rohr tell u the bolded? Abi na another assumption outta blue? grin So, for ur mind, u are more serious minded than those women that never change their hair stylists. Keep deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

I preach about freedom of opinions, which is what I stated. We can argue about choices and opinions, like we did with BBNaija yesterday.

I don't recall saying anything about choice.

Freedom of opinion also means freedom of choice. Nothing immoral or vain about traveling from one country or the other to get a haircut as long as U can afford it...
Didn't Femi Otedola and his daughter fly from Lagos to Monaco(or was it Paris?) the other day just to have ice cream?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

I am strong willed, hence I dont follow the bandwagon. U dont expect me to condemn the guy just bkus someone else did, I have an independent mind of my own and my view must not conform with everybody's. U are looking for supports(back ups)? lol.

Most footballers don't change their barbers, most guys don't change their barbers and that doesn't make them vain or unserious. Unserious, idle and vain people rather sit their asses at home viewing, promoting a morally bankrupt shows like the BBN, vain people never miss any episode from 2003 and vain people come here to defend and justify the immorality the show teaches.

Vain people are unproductive of success. None of those guys are unsuccessful, hence I don't know where u get that word "vain" from.

Chris Oforkansi Kels, just like most guys doesn't like changing his barber and that doesn't make him vain.

At the bolded, Gbam

50 percent of guys dont like changing their barbers from what i have seen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

When did this special barber enter his life?

Maybe[b] Rohr too doesn't know anything about men, that is why he thinks Onyekuru takes his appearance more seriously than playing football[/b]. Maybe I am surrounded by serious-minded men. When you move to a new place, you will get a new barber.

Special bond is just an excuse. He should kuku be flying in the barber like Pogba does hisn

And don't think it is a man thing, there are women that have special stylists, if the stylist isn't around, they don't make their hair anywhere else or with anyone else. Stop thinking men are different, it is a person thing, not a gender thing

The bolded got nothing to do with rohr taking onyekuru serious or not.

Madam men are different, na weavon wey dem dey fix for hair na him dem need special stylist abi, no be needle and thread dem they use sew am unlike clipper touching the skin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Freedom of opinion also means freedom of choice. Nothing immoral or vain about traveling from one country or the other to get a haircut as long as U can afford it...
Didn't Femi Otedola and his daughter fly from [b]Lagos to Monaco([/b]or was it Paris?) the other day just to have ice cream?

From France to Italy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2019
oloriooko:
I laughed hard today when I heard on Brila that the result of our friendly match against Brazil is important.
How can we expect a good result from a friendly where most of our key players pulled out and the ones playing will be very careful and wary of injuries which can have adverse effect on their club career.
The friendly is to discover new talents

So na your excuse be that if we loose abi? game never start Nigerians don dey fear, fear fear people

Like say if we loose almost all of una no go come dey rant for this thread dey find fault and wetin no loss

So another excuse if we loose is that our players are careful because of injury abi?

Even neymar that used brazil last friendly as his first game when he returned from injury was not even careful, he played his usual game with his tricky tactics as usual

If we win we win , if we loose we loose, i want no excuse from you guys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2019
Humility017:

you see Nigeria home groomed players...
talents is not just enough...even when they have talents, good we pray they're disciplined too or else there will no end products at the end....

just imagine NACHO, ISAAC SUCCESS,

Seems the list is about to grow longer.

Talent alone is never enough. This guys need good advisers around them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:
How old is Balogun and what's his career status now? When Taribo was 30 (real age), he was the most expensive defender in the world

Please tell me something i dont know, or i didnt understand what you wrote up there

You mean balogun 30 is his real age or you mean when taribo was 30 it was his real age?

When was taribo world most expensive defender ? or you mean Nigeria most expensive defender ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2019
EmmGee:
this can't be farther from the truth. A lot of guys myself included don't just allow any barber touch their head. Some people's own is extreme to the point that they only use one barber and it is the only one they can ever trust

Something happened last Xmas. I scheduled to meet my barber on the 23rd but couldn't meet up, the guy travelled before I came the next day, oboy na so vex full my body. Luckily dd guy na fellow Abia boy too, Bende LGA, just a neighbouring LGA to mine. I just bought a new cap and left for Xmas unkept. Called him as soon as I touched down Villa and he came around to give it to me as an Xmas gift and I was all smiles and happy that I had to drive him home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

What is the SPECIAL OCCASION Onyekuru has to fly to Istanbul to barb hair? Is Onyekuru Arturo Vidal? So, because Vidal os doing it, Onyekuru too can do it. Are you doing the things Dangote can do? Is Onyekuru on Vidal level? Somebody that has barely kicked a ball since he went to Monaco should be traveling up and down to cut hair because that is what 'men' do.

Stop excusing nonsense by dragging an entire race of people into it. You think I don't live with men? You think I don't know men? Are men now aliens that cannot be understood and reason beyond basic human behavior?

This is not something 'men' do, it is something vain, and mostly unserious people do. Except he has a health condition that stops him from using other barbers, there is no LOGICAL reason, for a footballer that is struggling with game time, to travel two hours for something as fickle as a haircut

I agree with you wholeheartedly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Moses plays shit now. At what age did Abie George retire

Victor moses play shit at 15 league games and 5 goals abi?

How many of your wingers have such stats in 15 games last season apart from onyekuru?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:
I have never read anything so egoistic and foolish at the same time. Man even resorts to name-dropping, celebrity stylist wey dey name drop

Sense is far from Onyekuru, travel two hours to cut hair, money cannot buy sense. There are enough black people in France to have barbers that specialize in styling hair for black players. He's really dumb

Maybe as him dey free nah e say make e use the international break go barb hair

I am sure if he is not free he wont do such
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2019
andrew444:

So na your excuse be that if we loose abi? game never start Nigerians don dey fear, fear fear people

Like say if we loose almost all of una no go come dey rant for this thread dey find fault and wetin no loss

So another excuse if we loose is that our players are careful because of injury abi?

Even neymar that used brazil last friendly as his first game when he returned from injury was not even careful, he played his usual game with his tricky tactics as usual

If we win we win , if we loose we loose, i want no excuse from you guys
If we lose,I won't complain... I'm more interested in our performance than the scoreline. .. I want Rohr to be more brave in his approach against stronger opposition . like against Ukraine we played without fear and could have won if not for some mistakes here and there. ..

I don't expect Brazil to beat us easily as long as we don't play them with fear...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2019
darkelf:

I agree with you wholeheartedly

I no say you go agree as naija player involve grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Didn't Femi Otedola and his daughter fly from Lagos to Monaco(or was it Paris?) the other day just to have ice cream?

I think it's vain. My opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2019
andrew444:

Maybe as him dey free nah e say make e use the international break go barb hair

I am sure if he is not free he wont do such

He is always free these days anyway, not likw Monaco is using him to do anything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

He is always free these days anyway, not likw Monaco is using him to do anything

Haba calm down madam

So because player dey bench mean say e free abi?

Wetin onyekuru do you self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:

I think it's vain. My opinion.
Yet U attacked Komekn for saying similair thing about big brother naija....

grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2019
andrew444:

I no say you go agree as naija player involve grin

Lollll

Abeg leave me ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

If we lose,I won't complain... I'm more interested in our performance than the scoreline. .. I want Rohr to be more brave in his approach against stronger opposition . like against Ukraine we played without fear and could have won if not for some mistakes here and there. ..

I don't expect Brazil to beat us easily as long as we don't play them with fear...

Eagles will play with fear, you heard it here first

By their fans you shall know them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Neimar:
Brazil 3 - Nig 1

Flops Iwobi and Etebo grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin
and I was attacked for my opinion about Onyekuru too, so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2019
Neimar:
Brazil 3 - Nig 1

Flops Iwobi and Etebo grin

This is a very intelligent guess

The kind of thing I would put my money on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2019
International Friendly: Brazil v Senegal Preview, where to watch in the US, live stream details, TV schedule and more
sportskeeda.com Oct 9, 2019 1:05 PM

Firmino has seen more game time in recent games for Brazil but he's still competing with Jesus for the spot
Firmino has seen more game time in recent games for Brazil but he's still competing with Jesus for the spot
When Brazil meet Senegal in Singapore's National Stadium, it'll be the first time the two teams will meet on a football pitch. Building on the back of their good recent form, they will both expect a fight to start off their international break.

While Brazil have been defensively staunch under Tite, Senegal come into this game with some impressive numbers having only conceded on two occasions in their last 10 games. Even with an attacking force consisting of the likes of Philippe Coutinho, Neymar, and Roberto Firmino, they may find it a difficult ask to break down this defensive set-up. They will also have to match up to the task fo keeping in check Sadio Mane and Ismaila Sarr, which is asking a lot of this defense.

Having taken that into account, it will most likely mark Neymar's 100th cap for Brazil at just the age of 27. He has scored 61 times for his country so far and will be expected to add to that against Senegal. Moreover, Brazil will be keen to put their recent loss to Peru behind with a win against Aliou Cisse's unit.

With the amount of talent available to both coaches, there is probably going to be some rotation, but both sides should be near full strength as they chase the win in Singapore.

Kickoff information

Date: 10 October 2019

Time: 5:00 am PDT

Venue: Singapore National Stadium

Where to watch Brazil v Senegal in the US?
The game will be available to watch in the US on beIN SPORTS, fuboTV, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, and beIN SPORTS CONNECT. Viewers in Canada can watch the game live on beIN SPORTS en Espanol, beIN Sports Canada, beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada, and fuboTV Canada.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2019
safarigirl:
I have never read anything so egoistic and foolish at the same time. Man even resorts to name-dropping, celebrity stylist wey dey name drop

Sense is far from Onyekuru, travel two hours to cut hair, money cannot buy sense. There are enough black people in France to have barbers that specialize in styling hair for black players. He's really dumb
Easy on the man nah, i used to do Jaji to Portharcout at least two weekends in a month while i was still dating my wife then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin

i tell you wanted say same thing...

imo big brother Nigeria is one of the most useless reality tv show currently in Nigeria...
it even makes the political class happy as it takes the youth minds off the happenings in the country, it distracts them and shows how foolish the young population acts...

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Easy on the man nah, i used to do Jaji to Portharcout at least two weekends in a month while i was still dating my wife then.

men dey confess small small....
well done captain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Moses plays shit now. At what age did Abie George retire
Abbey George retires quite in his 30s and it was mainly due to injuries....
and moreover was Abbey George born in Nigeria or in the UK? I know he has a UK parent but being born in the UK is something I can't say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
kellycute:
haircut especially hairlining is a very delicate stuff to us hence, we hardly jump from one barber to another. I have my own barber (sirpholly) and I don't joke with him at all. I remembered when I went to Naija for 1month, I didn't cut my hair all through my stay in Naija until I came back to Dubai. Infact I went to his shop from Dubai Airport with my luggage. You wont understand.

Wow!. Guy your barber sabi work oh. See as the carving neat.

Extend my regards to him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
@sarafigirl

you must not win all arguments

We learn when we allow other people's views breathe.

Men don't joke with their haircut especially when it comes to shaving the neckpart and shaping the frontiers.

we are talking real hair and direct contact to the skin here and not some wiggy weaveon thingy.

Learn and grow dear sarafigirl.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) (7314) ... (16127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Danielnino00(m), Vodkka(m), lbrichman2, comodo, soetanoreoluwa(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.