Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746842 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
Afobear:
What I write , what you see and what you understand are not the same . Please oooo , Firs or any job at all that can afford me a decent accommodation in Abuja. Jummah Mubarak!!! Have you observed your salat this sunny Noon ? All praise is due to Allah. I laud Him, i beseech help from Him and ask His protection; i confide in Him, I trust Him alone and seek protection against the evils and mischief of our souls and from the bad results of our deeds. Whomsoever He guides on the right path, none can misguide him; and whosoever He declares misled, none can guide him onto the right path. Ya'Allah,please touch any of my patrotic good Nigerian to give me a job this afternoon
bros if you really want job go and be doing qiyamul layl. wake up around 3am and pray till subhi time. I'm rooting for you bro. الله يخفف شوؤنك

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
No ofcos he can talk. grin But to play? Please... Ramon Azeez before him Bikonu. Iwobi-Aribo-Ndidi is our likely starting 3 in the middle especially with Etebo out due to visa hitches.

andrew444:

because say e no start mean say make e no talk abi?

He is part of the team jare

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Let them go and sit down biko!!! They just signed Rafael Leao in the summer from the same Lille... They have Piatek too. So because Victor Osimhen has more goals than their entire club in league football this season they now wan come poach am. Let them leave Victor Biko...

Unless... They can bring 80million euros or more perhaps.. grin

Italy is a no-no

Besides Ac Milan is a dying club

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
Eartquake1:
French news is reporting that Barca is interested in Osimhen

Abeg Barca postpone your interest to end of season joor... Which Kain wahala be dis...

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Abeg Barca postpone your interest to end of season joor... Which Kain wahala be dis...

I don't think it's true, I think agents doing their thing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
You no see the money I call for them? That is a no-go area naa... Lol... Milan ko, AC ni... Let them make do with Leao and Piatek.

Eartquake1:

Italy is a no-no

Besides Ac Milan is a dying club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
Yes. It is normal in football but again, if Osimhen finishes on double figures in the 20+ range come season end, the Barca interest could prove real afterall. Abeg... Make Dem just allow this boy focus on destroying Ligue 1 first.

Eartquake1:

I don't think it's true, I think agents doing their thing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. It is normal in football but again, if Osimhen finishes on double figures in the 20+ range come season end, the Barca interest could prove real afterall. Abeg... Make Dem just allow this boy focus on destroying Ligue 1 first.

I don't think Osimhen fits Barca philosophy as he's more of a finisher than a provider

But anything can happen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
EmmGee:

bros if you really want job go and be doing qiyamul layl. wake up around 3am and pray till subhi time. I'm rooting for you bro. الله يخفف شوؤنك
Inshaallahu, I will do so ....Sailam alaikum
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Well Chris... I suppose your question has been answered. Even though Algerians live in France, their general hatred for the French remains. They live in peace in France though. And yes generally, they would put Algeria first like Ismael Bennacer and Mahrez did. But the likes of Zidane and Benzema played for France and recently, Algerian born Nabil Fekir chose France and played at the world cup.

When Algeria won the Afcon you needed to see how the French-Algerians/Algerians based in France celebrated. They littered the streets of France. It was a sight to behold. But no one celebrated more than the Algerians back home shaa... Mehn the crowd was much. Part of the reason they celebrated is pride. France had recently won the FIFA World cup so when Algeria won the African World cup aka the Afcon title... They now had something they could also hang unto if any French say, "Playing for Algeria is a waste. What will you win?"

So the battles of the late 50s and early 60s with the French is the core reason and it has also extended into a thing of pride for them. Algerians do not feel intimidatrd at all. They are a very proud people.

They chose to play for algeria only because they know they will not have a place in the french team A wink , thats the reality , mahrez and all others will chose france same like zidane benzema ect.... If the french caoch call them for team A or show interest.

surely most algerian french binationals like algeria more than france or same . but these guys are profesionals who want to be internationals . and have continental and world competitions , france is the world champ . is there any player even amator who dont dream about word champion ? . and when they fail to get a place in french national team A , they go for algeria .

Even coach belmadi said it last interview october,8 (video below in french) to journalists when they asked him about "Houssem Aouer " who play for french under 21 team if he want to come to algeria . he said no algerian player had never come to play for algeria when he was assured to play for french A team since independency . the only players who did it was players during the last french algerian war for independency in 1958 when 12 top french league players and even some called for world cup 1958 . escaped france to Tunisia to join FLN algerian revolution team .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZarvfHy5Ex8

So Algerian team for binationals players is a french team B for them .

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
No ofcos he can talk. grin But to play? Please... Ramon Azeez before him Bikonu. Iwobi-Aribo-Ndidi is our likely starting 3 in the middle especially with Etebo out due to visa hitches.

Yes Ramon azeez ahead of him anyday anytime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Well, Victor is still young and growing so we can never tell. But he does have two fine assists which he laid on for his teammates, Ikone and Remy. That shows some creative side to his game.

Eartquake1:

I don't think Osimhen fits Barca philosophy as he's more of a finisher than a provider

But anything can happen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
How Super Eagles New Boys Performed – Olayinka, Solomon-Otabor, Ramon Azeez In Focus
October 11, 20190574

Th‎e three players invited to the Super Eagles for the first time were all in action in the first full training session of the team ahead of the friendly game against Brazil on Sunday in Singapore, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

Peter Olayinka, Viv Solomon-Otabor and Ramon Azeez all trained with the Super Eagles for the first time with Azeez staging a comeback to the team after a five year absence. The trio are all pushing for game time on Sunday.

Azeez was by far the most lively of the trio mirroring the form he showed at Granada that earned him a recall to the team. His energy level was quite high as he was not only useful on the ball but even off the ball he showed great positional awareness. He is for sure going to get some minutes on Sunday.

Solomon-Otabor caught the eyes with his pace and ability to track back and defend but his final balls and crosses were wayward as well as his confidence when he was through on goal during the practice match.

Olayinka scored with a well hit drive past goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa during the session. Aside from his liveliness when in possession he looked very fit and strong in duels particularly when it comes to taking goal scoring positions.

Among the trio Azeez looks the most likely to get some game time although Olayinka can also be confident of getting some game time if he performs same way like he did in today’s session tomorrow.

Source: owngoalnigeria.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Well, coming from you, an Algerian fan, I will just say... It is what it is. wink

Anyway, you guys do have a solid team nonetheless. Be they players with no chance of breaking into France's side or not... I must say Mahrez, Bennacer, Ounas, Atal are fine talents most African nations are envious of.

Algerian1:

They chose to play for algeria only because they know they will not have a place in the french team A wink , thats the reality , mahrez and all others will chose france same like zidane benzema ect.... If the french caoch call them or shiw interest.

surely most algerian french binationals like algeria same or more than france . but these guys are profesionals who want to be internationals . and have continental and world competitions . and when they fail to get a place in french national team A, they go for algeria .

Even coach belmadi said it last interview october,8 to journalists when they asked him about "Houssem Aouer " who play for french under 21 team if he want to come to algeria . he said no algerian player had never come to play for algeria when he was assured to play for french A team since independency . the only players who did it was players during the last french algerian war for independency in 1958 when 12 top french league players and even some called for world cup 1958 . escaped france to Tunisia to join FLN algerian revolution team .

So Algerian team for binationals players is a french team B for them .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
Home Nigeria
Nigeria
Ebuehi Proves Fitness With Dazzling Display During Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
October 11, 20190473

Facebook Twitter

Benfica right full back Tyronne Ebuehi showed he is fully back to his best with a near faultless display during the Super Eagles training session ahead of the game against Brazil on Sunday, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

YOU MAY LIKEMgid

So, I Earn $500 A Day!

Take 1 Cup Of This (Before Bed), Watch Your Body Fat Melt

These 2 Vegetables Will Kill Your Belly Fat Overnight!
Back in the squad after a year absence, no thanks to the injury which kept him out for a season, the Benfica defender who was called up as a replacement for Kenneth Omeruo stunned the coaches with his fitness level.

He completed all of the drills prior to the start of training and he was also heavily involved in the shooting practice before showing his ability on and off the ball during the practice match they had before the end of the session.

His performance will no doubt brighten his chances of playing some minutes against Brazil but Shehu Abdullahi who is back in the squad appears to be the favorite to start as right fullback.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
It seems England doesn't fancy ebere Eze too much. I see their u21 are currently playing a friendly match with Slovenia u21 and he is not with the team. We might just get him at long last
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
The last call up he got was due to withdrawal of w midfielder and even at that he didn't make he is debut for the team.
Abusule007:
It seems England doesn't fancy ebere Eze too much. I see their u21 are currently playing a friendly match with Slovenia u21 and he is not with the team. We might just get him at long last
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
KPOM!

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Esiti won't give us that. Too heavy. Too stiff.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
I would like Ebuehi to start at RB on Sunday. Shehu should start on the bench.

O pari

quickberry2:
Home Nigeria
Nigeria
Ebuehi Proves Fitness With Dazzling Display During Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
October 11, 20190473

Facebook Twitter

Benfica right full back Tyronne Ebuehi showed he is fully back to his best with a near faultless display during the Super Eagles training session ahead of the game against Brazil on Sunday, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

YOU MAY LIKEMgid

So, I Earn $500 A Day!

Take 1 Cup Of This (Before Bed), Watch Your Body Fat Melt

These 2 Vegetables Will Kill Your Belly Fat Overnight!
Back in the squad after a year absence, no thanks to the injury which kept him out for a season, the Benfica defender who was called up as a replacement for Kenneth Omeruo stunned the coaches with his fitness level.

He completed all of the drills prior to the start of training and he was also heavily involved in the shooting practice before showing his ability on and off the ball during the practice match they had before the end of the session.

His performance will no doubt brighten his chances of playing some minutes against Brazil but Shehu Abdullahi who is back in the squad appears to be the favorite to start as right fullback.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slegend(m): 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
isan:
Don't mind them that is how they hyped Joel obi las las man na carpenter
lol
Aswear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
I seriously doubt that story, Nerdie. Barca already has surplus strikers and they are still interested in Ney. And don't forget that Coutinho is still a Barca player. There's definitely no room for Osihmen in the current Barca squad, unless he can learn how to play either CB or FB grin

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lol
TheSuperNerd:
Last month. Hehehehehe...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wow you were right, Keane started ahead of Tomori

Cc Andrew444
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Eartquake1:
Wow you were right, Keane started ahead of Tomori

Cc Andrew444
his first cap.

Not likely a player will start on their first international game, except the usual player in that role is injured and there is no usual replacement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Usual epistles. Make match start na e be my own.

kris:
Onuachu, Osimhen, Simon Lead Top 5 Performers In Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Brazil Friendly

Victor Osimhen – No doubt he is in the best form of his life. He wasn’t just lively he was also deadly and scored a very good goal using his body strength to hold off his marker before finishing on the turn.

Paul Onuachu – He looks the only real threat to Osimhen in the attack. His awareness in the box is second to none and his over six foot frame gives him an edge over the defenders he was up against. The manner which he played with his back to goal was very impressive all through the session.

Moses Simon – Dribbled his way out of tight corners with ease ‎and linked up well with Tyronne Ebuehi who played as his left fullback. His fitness looks like the best among the players as he didn’t stop running during the session.

Samuel Chukwueze – Played with lot of caution and not his usual explosive style. Passed the ball really quick and also put in a shift defensively. Almost scored with a deft chip before the end of the session.

Alex Iwobi – Hard not to mention his all action style of play. Link the defence and attack well in his role as number ten. The manner which he released the ball under pressure twice set up counter attack for the team he played for during the session. Looked very lively all through.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
Icon79:
I seriously doubt that story, Nerdie. Barca already has surplus strikers and they are still interested in Ney. And don't forget that Coutinho is still a Barca player. There's definitely no room for Osihmen in the current Barca squad, unless he can learn how to play either CB or FB grin

O pari

Talking as a bonafide Barca fan abi.... So Osimhen is not good enough for Barca as a CF? So na CB go fit am for Barca? Make we dey watch first..... Thank you for yabbing our boy u hear... I just dey look u...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
safarigirl:
his first cap.

Not likely a player will start on their first international game, except the usual player in that role is injured and there is no usual replacement.

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a player who has drawn comparisons with Raheem Sterling (Sky Sports News) and, judging by how well he's begun this season - with stats to back it up - it's real food for thought for Spurs.

According to The Sun, Queens Park Rangers attacker Eberechi Eze has been on the radar of Spurs and Southampton, who are believed to be pondering a bid, and QPR could well be bracing themselves for offers when the January window opens.

The 21-year-old has been thriving for the Loftus Road side this term, already registering four goals and two assists in the Championship, and stats site WhoScored has given him four Man of the Match ratings from the 11 league fixtures played so far.

Eze has picked up a 7 or above from WhoScored in seven games, including notably the 3-0 defeat to Cardiff City, showing he's definitely a cut above even when the rest of the team isn't firing on all cylinders.

The latest stat which outlines just how much of a talent he is involves the number of completed dribbles in the Championship - and he's top of the pile:

"He goes past players easier than Raheem Sterling did," Marc Bircham told Sky Sports News last year. "Sterling would beat players with pace or do a trick or a chop - it's all dynamic movements, but Ebere Eze just glides past players."

Eze is contracted to QPR until the summer of 2021, having penned an extension with the Loftus Road side last year (R's website).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Joebie:
Usual epistles. Make match start na e be my own.

Their reports are usually right

Those who perform in training usually perform during the match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
Report: Celtic and QPR interested in Uche Ikpeazu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
I never notice o
Ok I go pay attention this time lol
Eartquake1:

Their reports are usually right

Those who perform in training usually perform during the match

(1) (2) (3) ... (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.