Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11613114 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2019
jihday:
It is Singapore

But how come i can see onyekuru there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
who should start? Simon or Dennis

Rohr ranks Simon higher
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2019
Afobear:
Jumma Mubarak !!! Ya Allah , I come to you to thank you for everything. Oh Allah , we pray our super Eagles , the true giants of African football mesmerise the Amazonians on the match day .

Naija for life !!!

Lol this guy is something else, i dont know who is more funnier inside you and gustav or you are even the same person

Warey guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2019
nelszx:

Just use style delete that
That picture was a snapped in Egypt before Algeria match at AFCON
This is Africa not Asia
If you look closely by your left you'll see Balogun and Ighalo (his back).
Yeye journalism
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Our boy shouldn't look at the Brasil v Senegal result and feel comfortable in fact we should brace for a much better team. I wouldn't have been shocked to see Senegal win because they have a world class player in Sadio Mane and their village people mainly operate in Africa grin
We set get world class player grin
BascoVanVeli:
Our boy shouldn't look at the Brasil v Senegal result and feel comfortable in fact we should brace for a much better team. I wouldn't have been shocked to see Senegal win because they have a world class player in Sadio Mane and their village people mainly operate in Africa grin
We sef get world class player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:42am On Oct 11, 2019
andrew444:

He came to visit grin
andrew444:

He came to visit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Rohr ranks Simon higher
True.. I just hope the guy is back in form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2019
andrew444:

Lol this guy is something else, i dont know who is more funnier inside you and gustav or you are even the same person

Warey guy

What's my business with another moniker here ? I'm afobear the preacher of truism and I love super Eagles dearly . World cup 2022 is goal , shakushaku is a goal ...Isaac the beast success will outshine all Watford players Insha allahu

Naija to the World

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
He came to visit ;DHe came to visit

Hhehehehehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2019
safarigirl:
I apologise to Chriskels and everyone who may have been offended by my ITK. Old habits die hard, until I start cutting my hair, I suppose I will never see the sense in taking flights to other countries because of a barber.

Una sorry.

Connectivity access is determined largely by money.

Nigeria is not far from the UK it's only far when money no deh.

I had a footballer friend who would hire a private jet to go shopping from Manchester in Milan for the day, with his babe.

I have some friends who take last flight Friday night from Lagos arrive London to watch Arsenal and how back that evening to Lagos after the match.

My barber is often flown across the UK to cut the hair of multiple black footballers, who demand his services.

I personally don't see the sense in flying to Turkey from France just to cut your hair. But then I'm not 21 and dont earn £30k a week mostly tax free.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2019
Golden Eaglets Land In Brazil For FIFA U-17 World Cup
 0 October 11, 2019 4:29 am

Five-time champions Nigeria have landed in host nation Brazil, for this year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup finals holding from October 26 to November 17.
A statement from the Director of Communications, Nigeria Football Federation, Ademola Olajire, said a team of 25 players and nine officials flew out of the country through the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Wednesday evening for Dubai.

According to the statement, they would proceed from Dubai to connect another flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The statement added that four players would be cut from the roster after the preparatory period before a 21 –man World Cup squad is unveiled ahead of the opening encounter.

Head Coach Manu Garba, who led the 2013 winners, is confident that the Class of 2019 is in Brazil to reclaim the trophy.

The early departure will afford the Golden Eaglets a full two-week final preparatory period, before their opening match of the tournament against Hungary in Goiania on October 26.

Nigeria will then clash with Ecuador at the same venue on October 29 and later tackle Australia in Brasilia on November 1 in a Group B encounter.
Vitoria is the other city hosting the 24-nation championship.

Nigeria won the 1985, 1993, 2007, 2013 and 2015 tournaments, but missed the 2017 finals in India.

The 25 Eaglets in Brazil:

Goalkeepers: Sunday Stephen, Joseph Oluwabusola, Daniel Jinadu

Defenders: Charles Etim, Ogaga Oduko, Usman Ibrahim, Clement Ikenna, Shedrack Tanko, Quadri Edun, Oluwatimilehin Adeniyi, Simon Omon

Midfielders: Samson Tijani, Akinkunmi Amoo, Daniel Francis, Ibraheem Jabaar, Ibrahim Sa’id, Monsuru Opeyemi, Fawaz Abdullahi, Idris Eletu-Odibo, Malcolm Ebowei, Peter Agba

Forwards: Olakunle Olusegun, Wisdom Ubani, Divine Nwachukwu, Mayowa Abayomi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Super Eagles To Train Twice Friday Ahead Brazil Showdown
 0 October 10, 2019 9:30 pm

The Super Eagles will hold two training sessions on Friday as they intensify preparation for Sunday’s highly anticipated friendly encounter against five-time world champions, Brazil, reports Completesports.com .

21 players took part in the Super Eagles first training session on Friday following Stoke City midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo’s late withdrawal.

Torino of Italy defender, Ola Aina also pulled out of the game on Wednesday as a result of injury.

The official training session will take place on Saturday, with the match scheduled to kick off at 1pm Nigeria time on Sunday.

The match will take place at the Singapore National Stadium.

Brazil were held to a 1-1 draw by the Teranga Lions of Senegal on Thursday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2019
andrew444:

Onyekuru
Ighalo
Balogun all in the pic
And baba say it's Singapore grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:53am On Oct 11, 2019
nelszx:

Onyekuru
Ighalo
Balogun all in the pic
And baba say it's Singapore grin

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2019
Stephen Eze deserve a call up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mummyson26(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2019
Afobear:

What's my business with another moniker here ? I'm afobear the preacher of truism and I love super Eagles dearly . World cup 2022 is goal , shakushaku is a goal ...Isaac the beast success will outshine all Watford players Insha allahu

Naija to the World
Omo so na job come make u humble like this hahahahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol u know nothing about this so steer clear. Arturo vidal flies his barber from Italy to Germany for his perfect hair cut, he still does that in Spain, c Ronaldo does that, djibril Cisse did, Theo Walcot never changes his barber. This is not just a celebrity stuff, most guys don't change their barbers. I once invited my school barber to my base in Enugu to barb me for a SPECIAL OCCASION. I never feel comfortable having a different hand on my hair, I always have this feeling that this new barber won't give it to me the way I want it. U are not a guy so u won't understand.

Well said. Sometimes I traveled down to my home town to have my hair cut. Most of us don't like changing barber.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2019
Exclusive: Rohr Unperturbed About Abraham’s Decision, Issues Osimhen License To Shootdown Brazil

Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr in this interview with Soccernet.ng bares his mind on Abraham’s decision To Play For England, backs Osimhen To Shootdown Brazil, why he invited Solomon Otabor and more…Excerpt
How will you rate the preparation of the players in camp ahead of Sunday’s clash against Brazil?

I think the players are in good condition to face Brazil on Sunday in Singapore. They are in the right frame of mind after playing for their respectful clubs in Europe last weekend.

Will the team approach the game like a friendly encounter?

No way. Every game we play will be approached like a cup final regardless of the country we are playing with. Brazil is a very big footballing country in the world and playing against them will afford us the chance to win the encounter. I want to believe that the players will approach the game with all sense of seriousness.

Talking about the players in camp, what is the criterion behind the invitation of Solomon Otabor to the Super Eagles?

Solomon Otabor is a great player and has the potential to add value to the Super Eagles. I have watched him play in Bulgaria and believe he’s a perfect replacement for injured Samuel Kalu. I didn’t think twice before inviting him and I hope he will play his part against Brazil.

Recently, England manager, Gareth Southgate invited Chelsea duo, Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori to the squad that will face Czech and Bulgaria in Euro 2020 qualifiers. Do you feel disappointed with Abraham and Tomori’s decision to represent England and not Nigeria?

Not really. I knew the England manager will want to extend invitations to Abraham and Tomori before us. Besides, the players never showed any sign of interest to represent Nigeria’s Super Eagles. Perhaps, maybe they knew that Southgate will extend invitations to them.

I am not worried because we have players who are capable to deliver the goals for the team. For instance, Victor Osimhen has been impressive with Lille, scoring goals every weekend in the French League. He scored against a big club like Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League and has always been hungry to score goals.

Also, Emmanuel Dennis has been in a goal-scoring form for Club Brugge in Belgium. He netted against another big club, Real Madrid in the Champions League. We also have Paul Onuachu, David Okereke, Henry Onyekuru and to mention a few that are eager to score goals for Nigeria.

Will that ever prevent you from convincing and inviting Nigerian players born abroad to come and play for the Super Eagles?

Definitely not. Abraham and Tomori have made their choice to play for England. But we have many Nigerian players who are willing to change allegiance and represent Nigeria at the international level.

Finally, what should Nigerians expect from the Super Eagles on Sunday against Brazil?
Nigerians should expect the best display from the players and we will try to claim victory against Brazil.

https://soccernet.ng/2019/10/exclusive-rohr-unperturbed-about-abrahams-decision-issues-osimhen-license-to-shootdown-brazil.html/amp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2019
komekn:

Is there a reason why we have not invited this boy.

Clearly consistent clearly outstanding clearly top if his game in club and league.

NFF how far

The reason is simple, the young man rejected the agency( DW SPORTS) the coach tried imposing on him, hence, Rohr had him blacklisted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

The unapologetic Safari apologizing....chai. This is better than some sweet orgasm. One bobo don enter your head.

grin grin You no well lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Afobear:
Chief , make una link me for Firs so I fit see money to buy data come here to remind y'all how Super Eagles is very superb

Super Eagles is thrash and averrrrraaaaaaaaggggggeeee team....

Leave us alone and go and drink your Garri !!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2019
Nigeria
No Etebo, No Problem – How Rohr Lined Up Eagles Midfield During Training Ahead Of Brazil Friendly

Share this: October 11, 2019

The Super Eagles of Nigeria are presently having their first full training session ahead of Sunday friendly game against Brazil under the watchful eyes of the technical crew of the team led by coach Gernot Rohr, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.
Already the coach has worked out a way to make up for the absence of Oghenekaro Etebo who pulled out of the game due to an injury yesterday bringing to four the number of players who have pulled out of the game.
Just like it was in the case of Ola Aina, Rohr didn’t replace Etebo unlike the duo of Samuel Kalu and Kenneth Omeruo who were replaced by Viv Solomon-Otabor and Tyronne Ebuehi respectively.
In the ongoing training session, Rohr lined up the trio of Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi and Joe Aribo as his midfield three for one team and later replaced Aribo with newly called up Ramon Azeez as he bid to find the right mix in the absence of Etebo.
For now it’s a straight fight between Azeez and Aribo for the spot of Etebo with Aribo presently favoured to get the nod ahead of the Granada man who is staging a return to the team after a five years absence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2019
Afobear:
Jumma Mubarak !!! Ya Allah , I come to you to thank you for everything. Oh Allah , we pray our super Eagles , the true giants of African football mesmerise the Amazonians on the match day .

Naija for life !!!

grin This guy Nah real beer lol grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2019
mummyson26:

Omo so na job come make u humble like this hahahahaha
if I don't get a job , how do I get to do the Lord's work ?
Nigeria !!! Good people, great nation

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2019
komekn:

Connectivity access is determined largely by money.

Nigeria is not far from the UK it's only far when money no deh.

I had a footballer friend who would hire a private jet to go shopping from Manchester in Milan for the day, with his babe.

I have some friends who take last flight Friday night from Lagos arrive London to watch Arsenal and how back that evening to Lagos after the match.

My barber is often flown across the UK to cut the hair of multiple black footballers, who demand his services.

I personally don't see the sense in flying to Turkey from France just to cut your hair. But then I'm not 21 and dont earn £30k a week mostly tax free.

To each their own, I suppose.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2019
realpoacher:

Super Eagles is thrash and averrrrraaaaaaaaggggggeeee team....

Leave us alone and go and drink your Garri !!!!!
To err is man , to forgive is divine . Mistakes are mistakes because it avails one a chance to re-route another time . Biko , umuibe Chukwu !!! I'm going to buy a super Eagles Jersey today but not the ill-luck one .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2019
Our game with Brazil is not getting enough publicity and followership . Everywhere is calm like nothing is happening , but watch the way Nigerians will jump the band wagon if we get a positive result out of the match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2019
chucs:
Lol! Only that it will not be Courtois at the other end.

Sir,it is not only against Courtoi oooooo... last week he stumbled and something happened....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9n1Yzov14
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2019
Who hacked Afrobear's account �� Anyways wishing you all the best bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

The reason is simple, the young man rejected the agency( DW SPORTS) the coach tried imposing on him, hence, Rohr had him blacklisted

I do not know if is this true, although it is feasible this kind of behaviour is rife in football. Not just in Nigeria.

For Rohr to get this job he understands how we operate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2019
Sunday wheel aryan yhur
I khant whet aghain

(1) (2) (3) ... (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.