Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685678 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
safarigirl:
these managers never learn, Mikel is an asset they can't easily replace

Do not mind them. They think class is something you buy in market. Eleven years in Chelsea is not moi moi.

Let us allow him to continue. I expect him to start using Loftus-Cheek in the next game. When he will realise that he needs Mikel, it might be late for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
safarigirl:

Chelsea conceded seven goals in their last three games and have only one point. Conte can continue with what suits him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
Iwobi was awarded the man of the match and he didn't even finish the game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
Iwobi was awarded the man of the match and he didn't even finish the game.

That is huge. I really thought it was going to Ozil. Nice one for the young man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is huge. I really thought it was going to Ozil. Nice one for the young man.
In front of our eyes the boy is becoming a star.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
safarigirl:
Hahaha
Chelsea doesn't need a snail right now. Matic and fabregas already are so slow. The earlier you realise Mikels days at chelsea is over the better. He should take his asset to a league that can contain his slow legs not epl!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
Mikel so bad he can't even make the bench in the EFL cup game grin . Even chelsea's academy boy Chalobah is ahead of him in the pecking order grin Only turns to a demigod when he dons a nigerian jersey grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

Hahaha
Chelsea doesn't need a snail right now. Matic and fabregas already are so slow. The earlier you realise Mikels days at chelsea is over the better. He should take his asset to a league that can contain his slow legs not epl!

Well have fun collecting goals from the net.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
I see Iwobi winning the APOTY award over kelechi. The boy is class

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Well have fun collecting goals from the net.
Yea the coach will surely get it right without Lord Mikel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

Hahaha

It is condition that made Crayfish to bend.

Is Mikel begging you guys? Kwantinue. One point in three matches. Seven goals conceded in three matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Has Kelechi improved on his first touch? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

Yea the coach will surely get it right without Lord Mikel

Yes, by fielding his two love children. With your Matic. I bet you are shocked how Chelsea is leaking goals water inside basket.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:
Has Kelechi improved on his first touch? grin

I laughed when Santi Carzola dribbled Matic and he fell flat on the floor. Enjoy.

Mourinho thought he would get it right without Mikel. You and I know the result.

Waiting for the 3-5-2 formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is condition that made Crayfish to bend.

Is Mikel begging you guys? Kwantinue. One point in three matches. Seven goals conceded in three matches.

The coach sees him in training week in week out but he can't even make the bench. Mikel is a fraud fullstop except in the green and white jersey grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I laughed when Santi Carzola dribbled Matic and he fell flat on the floor. Enjoy.

Mourinho thought he would get it right without Mikel. You and I know the result.

Waiting for the 3-5-2 formation.
Even if he gets dribbled 10 times, he's still better than Mikel!
3-5-2 isn't happening conte was just experimenting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

The coach sees him in training week in week out but he can't even make the bench. Mikel is a fraud fullstop except in the green and white jersey grin

Mikel is among the top 21 players when it comes to appearance in the history of Chelsea. One of the most decorated African footballers ever.

How can anyone call him a fraud? Shows your understanding of the game.

He played regularly in the club when the likes of Essien, Ballack, Deco and Ramirez were in the club.

I guess, it was green white green he wore when he was one of the best players in the Champions League finals.

We are too big for the ignorance you are displaying here.

Mourinho saw him week in week out and went on a relegation battle without Mikel.

Guus Hiddink saw Mikel week in week out and called Mikel's style of play beautiful.

So please, go and get it right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

Even if he gets dribbled 10 times, he's still better than Mikel!
3-5-2 isn't happening conte was just experimenting

Be experimenting. LOL. I said it is condition that makes Crayfish bend. Kwantinue without Mikel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Finally Ahmed Musa has been found out in the EPL..all pace no brain grin grin

I worry for the super eagles our captain can't even make the chelsea bench nowadays, our vice captain now a bench warmer at leicester!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel is among the top 21 players when it comes to appearance in the history of Chelsea. One of the most decorated African footballers ever.

How can anyone call him a fraud? Shows your understanding of the game.

He played regularly in the club when the likes of Essien, Ballack, Deco and Ramirez were in the club.

I guess, it was green white green he wore when he was one of the best players in the Champions League finals.

We are too big for the ignorance you are displaying here.

Mourinho saw him week in week out and went on a relegation battle without Mikel.

Guus Hiddink saw Mikel week in week out and called Mikel's style of play beautiful.

So please, go and get it right.
You are talking about the Mikel of old the present Mikel has regressed. As long as he cant even make the chelsea bench i won't rate him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:
Finally Ahmed Musa has been found out in the EPL..all pace no brain grin grin

I worry for the super eagles our captain can't even make the chelsea bench nowadays, our vice captain now a bench warmer at leicester!

Do not worry yourself over a highly successful man. If he does not make it at Leicester, he will make it else where. He is also a highly decorated Man. Musa's gift is there for all to see.

Talking as if Benching Musa is benefitting Ranieri.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

You are talking about the Mikel of old the present Mikel has regressed. As long as he cant even make the chelsea bench i won't rate him.

Is anyone begging you to rate him? I will listen to Guus Hiddink who THIS YEAR, called Mikel beautiful. I care what a legendary coach thinks, not you.

You said Mikel only performs in green white green. That shows you are out of touch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lordabas:

[size=14pt]Guus Hiddink Hails 'Beautiful' John Obi Mikel After Bossing Crystal Palace[/size]

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink hailed the impact of midfielder John Obi Mikel after the Nigerian's man of the match display during the 3-0 win over Crystal Palace.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2841645-guus-hiddink-hails-beautiful-john-obi-mikel-after-bossing-crystal-palace

This was this year. Before you say past and retrogress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Omeruo is not as good as Leon Balogun in ball playing but he can adapt. Remember he used to play as a right back. I hope Rohr invites Awaziem to participate in camp.

Sad we will really miss the refreshing ball playing displays of Balogun.

That's the competition we have been longing for,because some guys are beginning to get complacent. We need these competition to bring out the best in them.
Even for Mikel,if he keep sitting in the bench ain't no telling what will become of his place in the Super Eagles starting line up. There is new Sherrif in town.

How do you see this line up. I will have Iheanacho playing as a false 9.Iwobi attcking MD. Ndidi will sit deep and soak up the pressure while Okechukwu enforces the Midfield.

..............................................Ikeme......................................
MM........................Ekong....Balogun......................Echiejile

................................Ndidi....Okechukwu..............................

............................................Iwobi..........................................

Isaac...............................Iheanacho..........................Moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

That's the competition we have been longing for,because some guys are beginning to get complacent. We need these competition to bring out the best in them.
Even for Mikel,if he keep sitting in the bench ain't no telling what will become of his place in the Super Eagles starting line up. There is new Sherrif in town.

How do you see this line up. I will have Iheanacho playing as a false 9.Iwobi attcking MD. Ndidi will sit deep and soak up the pressure while Okechukwu enforces the Midfield.

..............................................Ikeme......................................

................................Ndidi....Okechukwu..............................

............................................Iwobi..........................................

It is wrong for us to drop Mikel from the squad after he performed well few months ago at the Olympics and was brilliant in the game against Tanzania.

I keep saying we select our team more from drills than relying on European club coaches to do our work for us.

Mikel is a stable and trusted player. Azubuike does not have the simple passes to keep our midfield tick.

Conte chose to drop one of the constants in the success of Chelsea. We should not follow the same. If Conte chooses to leave Mikel on the bench and Mikel continues playing well for us, we will make a mistake dropping him. Let his performance determines if he is good enough.

Just as Rohr chose to watch Salisu Yusuf's last games and selected most of them, including Musa Mohammed some coaches wanted to frustrate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

We need the passes of Mikel and Iwobi to make chances for the forward players to score. Azubuike or Ndidi can not bring this to the team.

Azubuike and Ndidi can bring defensive solidity. They can not bring the fluid passes Mikel brings to the team. This is one of our strengths.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:20am On Sep 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We need the passes of Mikel and Iwobi to make chances for the forward players to score. Azubuike or Ndidi can not bring this to the team.

Azubuike and Ndidi can bring defensive solidity. The can not bring the fluid passes Mikel brings to the team. This is one of our strengths.

I understand you but this is just my fantasy which might not work in real life situation. I doubt Rohr will start Okechukwu ahead of Mikel based on current status if the former is invited. Talking about passes, Okechukwu has the potentials to be a great ball playing CM. All the man needed is a little more exposure and experience . I have seen him throw some deadly passes,point in case is the return leg of the Afcon qualifiers in Alexandria. He exchanged some beautiful passes with Iwobi. One thing you can't take away from Okechukwu is abundant confidence,he has plenty of it. He is also a fearless fighter,a warrior. He plays exactly the way I love my CM to play. Boss,reason the matter wella,biko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37am On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I understand you but this is just my fantasy which might not work in real life situation. I doubt Rohr will start Okechukwu ahead of Mikel based on current status if the former is invited. Talking about passes, Okechukwu has the potentials to be a great ball playing CM. All the man needed is a little more exposure and experience . I have seen him throw some deadly passes,point in case is the return leg of the Afcon qualifiers in Alexandria. He exchanged some beautiful passes with Iwobi. One thing you can't take away from Okechukwu is abundant confidence,he has plenty of it. He is also a fearless fighter,a warrior. He plays exactly the way I love my CM to play. Boss,reason the matter wella,biko.

There is this natural ability that comes with passers. It is not about the long balls but the short pass and go movement. You see it in players like Carrick, Mata, Herrera, Busquets and Romeu.

In Naija, Nwobodo, Ifeanyi Matthew, Kelechi Nwakali, Raheem Lawal and Mikel.

Very few pull it off. So playing Ndidi and Azubuike, takes this away. It is more like a deep-lying playmaker. These guys do not fit that role. One has to play, not both.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48am On Sep 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Omeruo is not as good as Leon Balogun in ball playing but he can adapt. Remember he used to play as a right back. I hope Rohr invites Awaziem to participate in camp.

Sad we will really miss the refreshing ball playing displays of Balogun.

Leon Balogun being out is a problem. But for this game in Ndola it is not much of a problem.

1. The game would be played at 2:30pm Zambian time, under the scorching Sun and I feel Omeruo would adapt more easily than Balogun.

2. This is an away game against Zambia. His ball sweeping or stopper abilities would be more desire able over his ball passing abilities. You should expect Nigeria's defense to come under heavy bombardment especially if we take the lead and need to see it off. Besides who says Omeruo is not a good baller passer? Is it the same Omeruo that featured at the 2013 AFCON and 2014 World Cup or another one?

3. Kenneth Omeruo is a very experienced campaigner on the African soil.He has played on different kind of African pitches plus African crowd hostilies.I don't see us having issues with him. My worries lie more with Troost-Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:08am On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
English people will forever regret losing Iwobi to Naija. Currently there is no English player more gifted than Iwobi....That boy is an asset. He will definitely suit the Barca style of play...lol
The boy's decision to play for Nigeria instead of England will be a blessing to him. The English hype-machine media will at least leave him alone to develop quietly and achieve his potential.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
English people will forever regret losing Iwobi to Naija. Currently there is no English player more gifted than Iwobi....That boy is an asset. He will definitely suit the Barca style of play...lol

That boy is a typical Wenger's kind of player. He does not take aimless shots. His final passes are killer blows.

To think of it, he keeps improving with each game. That guy will rise to be one of Europe's bests. See how he engineered that second goal that Walcott scored last night. He taught Ozil how to be a number 10. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

This formation is 4-3-3 that can switch to 4-2-4. Fact dat u set up Iheanacho as a false 9 makes Iwobi the box to box midfielder. Playing Ndidi and Azubuike means you playing 2 blocking 4s. Quite an interesting formation. I have also seen Iwobi as a good box to box midfielder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Neobulletzz(m), Marjoribanks and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.