Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,505 members, 7,843,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11825891 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7582) (7583) (7584) (7585) (7586) (7587) (7588) ... (16231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
Icon4s:
I would rather say 'he should be allowed to compete for a place'. No automatic place for any player.
Certainly, that's what I mean but Joe wants us to do like Cameroon and turn them back and we can see it really served Cameroon well, they couldn't even beat a country I can't even remember their name anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga this is just a plot to stop the guy from turning out for Mali, it's obvious.

He scored against man City and then what? You and I watch football and know the strenght and playing style of the best national teams in the world so do you think or see traore having a long career with the Spaniards?

Lets just be factual here instead of been logical. Do you think traore would have been called up to the Spanish national team if Mali re yet to approach him?

Why can't Adama make the Spanish team? They actually need a player like him on their team. If 4 Villarreal players can get back to back calls for the Spanish national team I don't see why not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
Yet another angle. Let people who know much about the Spanish team and their recent invitations argue this one.
BascoVanVeli:

Why can't Adama make the Spanish team? They actually need a player like him on their team. If 4 Villarreal players can get back to back calls for the Spanish national team I don't see why not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
On Chidera Ejuke...

Ejuke's season stats so far:
14 appearances
1091 mins
7 goals
1 goal every 156 mins
1 goal every 2 games

Lad is on fire in the Eredivisie.

Rohr no dy rush am now..

If Na foreign born.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Moses Simon is nantes player of the month

Cc: Chriskel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
I know I’m becoming annoying but see who is trending.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kbs468:

I want to believe that it's not everyone that has access to this particular thread before now usually comes around everyday like others do,

Hence the inability to vote as at when due just like you are doing now by responding to a post that it water had already past under the bridge as the issue of icon4s is a forgone conclusion

Again, I for one never knew anything about this thread during the voting period as I just recently came across this thread few days ago too.

So, I wouldn't have been expected to vote rather than liking the post for his inclusion actually

That you got to the voting booth late does not mean the rules should be changed for you.

gerrit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
jihday:
Traore agreed to play for Mali on Wednesday, now Spain have called him up for their upcoming qualifiers

Why can't we call Eze like this too?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
ehnnnn?

Modified.
Woudn't this be a DISGRACE to Spain and all Spaniards if he turns them down especially considering he has agreed to play for Mali? grin
Spain no get PRIDE at all lol

You think every country are as arrogant at my Naija people?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
jihday:
Certainly, that's what I mean but Joe wants us to do like Cameroon and turn them back and we can see it really served Cameroon well, they couldn't even beat a country I can't even remember their name anymore

Tajikistan grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mujtahida:

Spain and Mali are not on the same pedestal in world football. If Spain wants him, they want him. I think it's quite a stretch to think that they want him because they want to deny Mali the opportunity of having him play for them.

Spain don't want him.. they just want to block his chance of playing for Mali..

Is it not the same Adama Traore we know? His goal against city was the first time he would score in the league in nearly a year..
Somebody that dribbles with no end product! ..

He hasn't even done half of what Munir El Haddai did with Barca ..
Where is Munir today?

Agreed Spain are far ahead of Mali, but if he wants to have a successful international career,Spain isn't the country for him...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
somehow:

Na real was

Most Nigerians are like their politicians jare

you just type anyhow...if you've been following this award stuff since last year and safarigurl post imploring icon to come on board you won't have spill those words...

sorry to say this....u know I have always talk this always with you... you barely consider other variables while putting up yr words...

many here including me was thinking Icon and Andrew had automatic ticket into the committee reason why I didn't bother vote him....

he initiated this and last year he planned it...I remember how he severally called up the committee members last year especially komekn who forgot his responsibilities....

Icon4s carried everything on his head....

if you are a good student of politics...you wi understand that one of the demerits of democracy is that the best does not always win some times.... the majority choice may not always be the best....

next time ask for an explanation prior you start accusing some members here of not practicing democracy we have little knowledge about.....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ekong balling for udinese
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Rohr no dy rush am now..
If Na foreign born.....
cc Bukayo Saka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
Humility017:

you just type anyhow...if you've been following this award stuff since last year and safarigurl post imploring icon to come on board you won't have spill those words...

sorry to say this....u know I have always talk this always with you... you barely consider other variables while putting up yr words...

many here including me was thinking Icon and Andrew had automatic ticket into the committee reason why I didn't bother vote him....

he initiated this and last year he planned it...I remember how he severally called up the committee members last year especially komekn who forgot his responsibilities....

Icon4s carried everything on his head....

if you are a good student of politics...you wi understand that one of the demerits of democracy is that the best does not always win some times.... the majority choice may not always be the best....

next time ask for an explanation prior you start accusing some members here of not practicing democracy we have little knowledge about.....

I'm talking logic here not emotions.

I have made my point and moved on. not like I've any stake here.

Just stating the obvious.

Let democracy be democracy.

Made my point as usual.

kapish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
Aribo starts for rangers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
Aribo scores

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
jihday:
Traore agreed to play for Mali on Wednesday, now Spain have called him up for their upcoming qualifiers

Spain of all people

is he that good to bench spanish players littered around the world?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Aribo scores

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
My brother the matter tire me ooo. Is traore even better than deulofeu?
somehow:

Spain of all people

is he that good to bench spanish players littered around the world?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
NPFL is ongoing wuna no go discuss that one but later you guys will be busy bashing the league

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:
My brother the matter tire me ooo. Is traore even better than deulofeu?
I am suspecting this move.

Does not make sense

When talking about best 20 under 23 players, will he cut the rank?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
Enyimba have Equalized

It's Katsina 1 - Enyimba 1

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Is it not the same Adama Traore we know? His goal against city was the first time he would score in the league in nearly a year..

Where is Munir today?

Agreed Spain are far ahead of Mali, but if he wants to have a successful international career,Spain isn't the country for him...

Tell them

I don’t know why someone will think Spain want Adama Traore ,dem just wan cap tie am ,dem no see ayoze Pérez or deulofeu call oo

Look at munir he did everything to play with Morocco at last World Cup but it didn’t work out ,even vicent del bosque pleaded with fifa and still nothing ,he had to apologize to munir

Adama should use his sense

Once you are cap tied you are gone for life ,Adama should learn from munir

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
At the end of half time J. Aribo's goal separates the 2 sides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ekong balling for udinese

Same way he balled d last time...hope it won't end up 7-1 cool wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leave them Dan. Let them keep acting naive and overly logical even when no logic exists. Lol... We know the truth. Let those that wanna stay in denial do so.

Danielnino00:

Where is Munir today?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
NIGERIA: NPFL

56' Adamawa - Enugu Rangers 0:0

47' Jigawa Golden Stars - Plateau United 0:1
Half Time Katsina Utd - Enyimba 1:1
48' Lobi Stars - Delta Force 1:0
50' MFM FC - Ifeanyi Ubah 1:1
49' Nasarawa - Wikki Tourist 0:0
47' Rivers United - Heartland 0:1
Half Time Sunshine Stars - Warri 1:1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
About the awards committee, please let's remember that it was Icon4s who not only initiated, spearheaded and directed the last year's edition, but also singlehandedly purchased the award plaques, customized them and sent them to the NFF (in our name), with his own money!.

Chief Icon4s is both the visionary, organizer and sole financier behind this beautiful awards programme. I can't imagine anybody else more qualified to head the committee. Vote or no vote.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
wink
forgiveness:

You think every country are as arrogant at my Naija people?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
It was changed for me back in High school and my high school never regretted the decision. It simply paid off.

I fell sick during the screening process to select the best and on-form brilliant minds to represent the school in a big academic competition. Rules said selection should be made based on performances in the screening tests.

I took part in the process and was doing very well until Illness struck and I had to withdraw. In time, I recovered and the final selections were about to be announced. I didn't know what was going to happen but they selected the top 2 and dropped the number 3. They said they cannot afford to go without their best brains and judging from the records throught out school and my earlier promising showings in the early weeks of the screenings, I had distinguished myself as a reliable student and had the edge in many areas and subjects which they cannot afford to do without.

In the end, I was picked and our school went on to triumph with me scoring the most vital points on questions many thought we would not know. I recall the people that were dropped for me telling me afterwards... "Mehn... We had no idea what the answers to those questions were. How you knew it, we don't know but we are glad we had you on stage."

I guess if rules were strictly followed, my school would have simply lost out.
Sometimes... The Rules can be a stumbling block to truly making the right decisions. In the end, Rules are rules... But they are only there as guide in most cases and because humans love lawlessness naturally. But sometimes, rules can prevent us from doing what is actually right and the best.

So in this case... It is the most right thing and the best thing to include Icon4s in the committee. He is the major and master proponent of the NL awards for players.. and it is through him that the outside world got to know that even such awards exist.

somehow:
That you got to the phone booth late does not mean the rules should be changed for you.

gerrit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
We are hiring admins for our Facebook page to constantly update you.
The following positions are vacant
1. 1 admin who will constantly update us on scores during matchdays
2. Admin who is good in match analysis
3. Admin who will be responsible for news about the league and latest developments including transfers rumours.
4. An admin for each of the 20 teams participating in the NPFL this season
If you are proud of the league send us a mail @ihenzygroup@yahoo.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7582) (7583) (7584) (7585) (7586) (7587) (7588) ... (16231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Posh(m), Christology(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.