Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,478 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11856500 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7584) (7585) (7586) (7587) (7588) (7589) (7590) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
we dy pepper them grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
See as him dey talk as if him no be Nigerian... Lol... Bia this is somehow of you ooo... wink

Okay just a little secret... I am not even a "full-blooded Nigerian"... It's just my predominant genes. Lol grin #DontAskCozIWontExplain

But shaa... nothing wrong in standing for the right thing which in this case is having the Mastermind of a process involved in the process to give it that sweet added edge.

Lobi Stars kill pesin? 4 nil you talk? Abeg John Lazarus and Anumudu play? cheesy

somehow:

Na una know

like peak
its in una

like politicians like citizens
all na Nigerian thingy

Lobi star killed someone 4 nil today

chai

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
darkelf:
This is my honest take on the ICON4S issue.

If the people really wanted him on the committee, he would have been voted in. He would have accumulated the required no of votes that qualifies one as a committee member.

Asking that he be a part of it because he pioneered it doesn't seem right. .

NB: this is my honest opinion on a matter and insults directed at me would be duly ignored. Thank you

Not just pioneering. Organizing, executing and financing too.

Do the math.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
darkelf:

If the people really wanted him on the committee, he would have been voted in. He would have accumulated the required no of votes that qualifies one as a committee member.

NB: this is my honest opinion on a matter and insults directed at me would be duly ignored. Thank you

I honestly thought he and Andrew had automatic tickets. I was surprised when there names were on the results of the nominations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
Danielnino00:
we dy pepper them grin

Andrew444/AndrewBaba44 right now.... grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
wink
You get a job offer from Employer A and that was the only job offer at the time and you agree to it. Tomorrow when you wake Employer B give u job offer.. So you don't have a choice to make again because you had agreed to the first one? You call that test of character?

Anyway we have different mentality. Different perspectives I guess. no need to argue.

Some people have a very different understanding of what they think wisdom is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

See scores like binary numbers, zeros and ones everywhere. grin

Naija we dey hail!

One of my problems with the NPFL. The teams don't score goals. This point was duly noted by Westerhof many years ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
why u dey tag me na?
my final take on this is icons is the organizer. Even if he is not the chairman of the committee he can still play all the outside roles he played in the last edition. The chairman of the committee is the referee of nomination of players into each category and the co-pilot in the counting of votes. That's something tbaba, nerdie or even any member of the committee can handle.. This will not stop icons from doing the outside work and all the important parts he played last year. We know where Icons comes in in this. Nobody can take that away from him..

Anyways, lets leave matter, this is not really a big deal.

Humility017:

then why is Oga raising dusts and even Joebie is stylishly supporting him in one of his mentions

nawa oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Andrew444/AndrewBaba44 right now.... grin

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ihenzy:
#NPFL20 MATCHDAY 2 RESULTS
Jigawa GS 0-1 Plateau Utd Lobi 4-0 Delta Force Rivers Utd 1-1 Heartland MFM 1-1 FC Ifeanyiubah Adamawa Utd 1-1 Rangers Sunshine Stars 1-1 Wolves Katsina Utd 1-1 Enyimba Nasarawa Utd 0-1 Wikk
Jigawa and Delta no fit last for here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Fewer goals = less entertainment= less fan followership = less sponsorship = less money to the clubs = poor organization/ unpaid salaries= crappy league.

Do the math.
All maths done without even seeing the match to determine IF;
-there was entertainment
-If there was chances a begging
-Stats of the games

Congrats Mathematician

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nerdie went on saying it's a POOR analogy, but ended up tying himself in the neck..

komekn:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
darkelf:

The elf of darkness... Always taking the dark sides in issues while leaving out some important pointers.... This man... It's in your Deoxyribonucleic Acid make up ooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Smiles

Tell me something Andrew.... Were you expecting this beating? Although it's not over yet...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
komekn:

Yeah... While you lack it. grin It would have been shocking to see you support otherwise... Shady supporting Shady. Thanks for not disappointing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:
And where have Spain been all this while but only gave him a call up to just because he has opened talks with Mali?

He was called up to replace Rodrigo who is currently injured but those that mean the Spanish national team selectors can't fish out another Spanish young talent from the almighty laliga to replace Rodrigo instead of stooping so low to invite a player from wolves?

In your own valuation do you think traore is good enough to have a long career with the Spanish national team? Why is the call this sudden? Because he scored a brace against man City made it good enough for Spain?

Go relax abeg

The debate of which to choose Spain or Mali is a difficult one.

Playing for Mali will add no value to Traore in terms of value or recognition. He is already playing in the EPL. However, playing for potential world champions will add value and recognition.

In this regard which would you say was of more value 10 caps for Spain or 30 for Mali

Traore is well known to the Spanish FA having played youth football at Barcelona.

But most importantly they simply do not have anybody like Traore in the Spanish team. He brings something DIFFERENT and still a lot of quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
#Benin Cracker

Samuel Kalu spotted in Lagos.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
wink
You get a job offer from Employer A and that was the only job offer at the time and you agree to it. Tomorrow when you wake Employer B give u job offer.. So you don't have a choice to make again because you had agreed to the first one? You call that test of character?

Anyway we have different mentality. Different perspectives I guess. no need to argue.

So u would chose to reject the offer from employer A even when your chance of staying longer with them is much higher than with employer B?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Danielnino00:
we dy pepper them grin

Match no end
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
Read on.. and follow the conversation and you would get the point.

Danielnino00:

So u would chose to reject the offer from employer A even when your chance of staying longer with them is much higher than with employer B?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
komekn:

Playing for Mali will add no value to Traore in terms of value or recognition. He is already playing in the EPL. However, playing for potential world champions will add value and recognition.

In this regard which would you say was of more value 10 caps for Spain or 30 for Mali

Traore is well known to the Spanish FA having played youth football at Barcelona.

But most importantly they simply do not have anybody like Traore in the Spanish team. He brings something DIFFERENT and still a lot of quality.

Can you with all honesty tell me that Adama Traore will have a successful long career with Spain?

And really, what gives U this idea that playing for an African team will devalue a player?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
Read on.. and follow the conversation and you would get the point.

Just answer the question..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
Subzero047:

Match no end
we go pepper them still grin.
We aren't arsenal, sorry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
And it remains really POOR. Tying himself in the neck? Hahahahaha.. just talking as usual. grin
I think you just lacked the understanding to comprehend the major pointers I destroyed your business points with. Don't worry, raise your kids to have such shady sense of character when it comes to issues like these aiit, I'm sure they will make you proud.

Joebie:
Nerdie went on saying it's a POOR analogy, but ended up tying himself in the neck..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
Azubuike starts for Istanbul

No wonder they refused to release him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
Joebie:
Personally, this is how I see it. Let me use investments as an analogy, if you see a promising stock would you not consider investing in it?
If you feel there is something special about a player and you are in danger of losing the player and you MAY regret it in future won't you go for him? The problem is when we think these countries should give us a handout and make things easy for us. It's never been so. It's always competition even from pre-colonial years.

Africa need to wake up and really compete in every regard and stop talking about PRIDE.

Martin Keown said of Traore considering his BLISTERING DEVASTATING PACE possibly the fastest player in the World.

That he is like a learner driver behind the wheels of a Ferrari. However, it seems like he is finally learning how to control and master the powered speed at his disposal.

IMO once he learned how to use his unique attributes he is UNSTOPPABLE. That's incredible potential not suprised Spain want him thru have nobody like him.

And if he learns how to merge speed with technique. He will be great asset for any team and his time in the Spanish team could be very long Indeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
To summarize my points I made yesterday, There are many factors to look into. Longevity is one among MANY
Danielnino00:

Just answer the question..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
Yes. But he will be released after today. Istanbul said they can only release him between 11th and 19th November which is the period of the international break.

Eartquake1:
Azubuike starts for Istanbul

No wonder they refused to release him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
komekn which is why I also used the stock analogy yesterday. A sudden burst in form can get countries thinking what if..? but I no wan continue to argue.

komekn:

Martin Keown said of Traore considering his BLISTERING DEVASTATING PACE possibly the fastest player in the World.

That he is like a learner driver behind the wheels of a Ferrari. However, it seems like he is finally learning how to control and master the powered speed at his disposal.

IMO once he learned how to use his unique attributes he is UNSTOPPABLE. That's incredible potential not suprised Spain want him thru have nobody like him.

And if he learns how to merge speed with technique. He will be great asset for any team

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
komekn:

Lol i think komekn is a fan of traore

Wonders shall never end

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Icon4s:
I would rather say 'he should be allowed to compete for a place'. No automatic place for any player.

Agreed in principle.

However, how does one justify the inclusion of Nwakali in the U23 is that not undue favoritism and far from objective.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Game over

(1) (2) (3) ... (7584) (7585) (7586) (7587) (7588) (7589) (7590) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, villagereporter(m), Truidstarr, typicalgamer(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.