Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680211 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7594) (7595) (7596) (7597) (7598) (7599) (7600) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Humility017:

if u read that post very well.... those who don't want are supposed to click "share"

so go back and read again....oga
So, we should share what does not make sense. why not change it the other ways.
Though i also agree with him to be part of the committee base on the discuss so far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
The nff should act fast before we loose this boy to sweeden. He should have been invoted for the Olympics team. We are running after eberechi eze while alhasan yusuf is slipping from our fingers. I hope we dont regret tjis. The boy is a star in the making with perhaps prodigous talent

charlesemeka85 qpost=83933482:

Agents and their tactics cheesy cheesy

SCORENigeria can exclusively reveal that plans are now underway for Sweden to give Alhassan Yusuf citizenship so that he could now play for them and not the Super Eagles. The former FC Hearts midfielder, 19, has been the biggest revelation in the Swedish top-flight league this past season.

And this fact was underlined by the various awards he has so far bagged – Young Player of the year award in the league and the best player in his club this season

‘Hasse’ scored two goals in 27 league appearances for IFK this past season, but he has yet to represent Nigeria at any level. “The plans are now on for Alhassan to play for Sweden and not Nigeria,” a source close to the IFK Goteborg star informed only SCORENigeria “First, he has to get a Swedish passport and then he could play for his adopted country. “But in the end, it’s the personal decision of the player himself.”

Earlier this year, his club refused to release him for the FIFA U20 World Cup in Poland despite sustained pressure from the Flying Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
Camp update

Players in Camp

1. Ahmed Musa
2. Wilfred Ndidi
3. Okoye Maduka
4. Jamilu Collins
5. Azeez Ramon
6. Chidozie Awaziem
7. Semi Ajayi
8. Aina Ola
9. Alex iwobi
10. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
11. Samuel Kalu
12. Kenneth Omeruo
13. Victor Osimhen
14. Daniel Akpeyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ukraine.

The game between Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk. The poor behaviour came from the Dinamo fans.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Wee u keep quiet undecided his chances of playing for Sweden is 000000
Philosopher1979:
The nff should act fast before we loose this boy to sweeden. He should have been invoted for the Olympics team. We are running after eberechi eze while alhasan yusuf is slipping from our fingers. I hope we dont regret tjis. The boy is a star in the making with perhaps prodigous talent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
somehow:
My stand which remains my final statement concerning the objection I raised few days ago is that people should stop doing things anyhow

Nigerians should respect rules, laws and processes

Developed countries and societies only became such because they followed the above intoto

If we in little settings can't practice this, how then do you expect this to work in a larger setting?

A society can only become better when each community practice law and processes the right way and this starts from the smallest unit which is the family.

We are a family here and our conducts here will likely go a long way in affecting our individual lifes outside here, once we can do things rightly anywhere we find ourselves, it becomes part of us and influences our actions anywhere else.

let's be the mini Nigeria we pray hope and wish to see for our future generation

one love to you all

I am not an enemy to anyone here, I just like orderliness.

Drops pen and back to reading from you wonderful people.

I agree with this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
aribo's goal against livingston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT5WkRTfngo&t=132s

Great goal and great form of recent.

I see him at a much bigger club at the end of this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Clementoke:
Camp update
Players in Camp
1. Ahmed Musa 2. Wilfred Ndidi 3. Okoye Maduka 4. Jamilu Collins 5. Azeez Ramon 6. Chidozie Awaziem 7. Semi Ajayi 8. Aina Ola 9. Alex iwobi 10. Ikechukwu Ezenwa 11. Samuel Kalu 12. Kenneth Omeruo 13. Victor Osimhen 14. Daniel Akpeyi
Akpeyi the number one goalie
he is going to mount the goal post come the 13th
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Clementoke:
Camp update
Players in Camp
1. Ahmed Musa 2. Wilfred Ndidi 3. Okoye Maduka 4. Jamilu Collins 5. Azeez Ramon 6. Chidozie Awaziem 7. Semi Ajayi 8. Aina Ola 9. Alex iwobi 10. Ikechukwu Ezenwa 11. Samuel Kalu 12. Kenneth Omeruo 13. Victor Osimhen 14. Daniel Akpeyi
Akpeyi the number one goalie
he is going to mount the goal post come the 13th
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
ejike's brace against sparta rotherdam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su4qhE99Qhg
This guy is a bag of talent
From the left wing, he'd easily displace Henry (Has been consistent for Heereveen this season)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
forgiveness:

You are right. The will of majority must prevails. And as it stands, the majority don't want icon4 as part of the committee because only 22 voted for him out of 62 voters. The remaining 40 didn't agree. How about that?
what makes you think the other 40 didn't agree? I don't know why we are dragging this issue. Many of us here didn't vote for icon4s simply because we see him more like the ORGANIZER. Even Andrew sef....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
Humility017:

with the way forgiveness is going about it.....it makes me see something else....

what's wrong if vatse majority explained to you that they had little misunderstanding on the electoral process...thinking icon and Andrew had automatic slot in the award board already and as such engage in a referendum(yes/no) to see to his inclusion which came out positive....

same man will be the one to fund the project, visit the radio station and even make the award templates and visit the NFF office...

I am looking forward to a successful second edition of this award believing it will leave so much with the nff on the need to sometimes pay us visits here and as well make use of some our inputs...in managing Nigeria football
You just sum it up with your last paragraph, i believe that's the reason behind this initiative by Oga icon, most time newbie come here to use subtle ways to ask what is the end product of the discussion we normally have here. But with this initiative(this should be the second year and this year look to be very interesting) we should be able to drag their attention here. I applaud Oga icon for this.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Philosopher1979:

He should move to a bigger league, when did we start inviting players playing in Sweden?

Is it because dem don turn your head with change of nationality

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
nelszx:

This guy is a bag of talent
From the left wing, he'd easily displace Henry (Has been consistent for Heereveen this season)

Which Henry? Or Samuel Kalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
safarigirl:

LOL.

22 people voted for him out of 62 votes

Tbaba raked in 16 votes out of the same 62 votes.

Tbaba is the most voted person on that list, yet icon4s garnered higher votes than the person with the highest votes.

By virtue of beating the highest votes by 6 votes, he has attained a majority votes.

Forgiveness, you're not that slick.

You seem to not understand that rules are subject to change. Nothing is ever set in stone, and even laws can be amended by the will of a majority. Also, committees can have an APPOINTED Chairman, who was never part of the ELECTION.

Anybody that has issues with icon4s being in that committee, should feel free to remove themselves from it and remove their votes too.
oya chop knuckle. ...infact let me pack something for you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

he is spot on though. Henry is my favourite SE player but he has not been doing enough lately. kalu on the other hand ......u know the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Both of them....for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
mostob:
he is spot on though. Henry is my favourite SE player but he has not been doing enough lately. kalu on the other hand ......u know the rest

Onyekuru is out of the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
darkelf:

Both of them....for now

Yea both of them

I predicted Lookman will displace Samuel Kalu but it seems this boy will jump the queue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
Eartquake1:

Onyekuru is out of the team
I hope he returns.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
mostob:
I hope he returns.

The guy is a long way from returning

His current coach doesn't want him, the club he wants to return to doesn't even want him

He will need a miracle in the transfer window to start playing first team football again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
na the boy agent pay for the publicity stunt cheesy
Eartquake1:

He should move to a bigger league, when did we start inviting players playing in Sweden?

Is it because dem don turn your head with change of nationality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
lookman will still come good. i so much believe in his talent
Eartquake1:

Yea both of them

I predicted Lookman will displace Samuel Kalu but it seems this boy will jump the queue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
Danielnino00:
My people, isn't it funny that somebody who constantly criticises Samuel Chukwueze for having a poor end product is now praising a player like Adama Traore?

cheesy

Komekn your criticism is not balanced AT ALL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
thought he will be joining galatasaray in january on loan?
Eartquake1:

The guy is a long way from returning

His current coach doesn't want him, the club he wants to return to doesn't even want him

He will need a miracle in the transfer window to start playing first team football again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
jieta:
You just sum it up with your last paragraph, i believe that's the reason behind this initiative by Oga icon, most time newbie come here to use subtle ways to ask what is the end product of the discussion we normally have here. But with this initiative(this should be the second year and this year look to be very interesting) we should be able to drag their attention here. I applaud Oga icon4s for this.

Honestly,I just have to quote you upon seeing the Newbies mentioning in truth.

And as a newbie with less than a month initiation and experience in here, I have already summed up my conclusion about some monikers here in relation to their personalities though.

Above all, I want to state that we should always bear at the back of our minds that when contributing in here, we should do so with utmost importance, passion and seriousness the discuss here deserves like one would do in a face to face round table organizational deliberations.

Why did I state the above?

Simple!

It's because of the reference made by Humility017 with respect to the NFF officials developing interest in visiting this thread for the purpose of picking up meaningful advise and suggestions that would help in reshaping and moulding a new direction for Nigerian football and its development.

But how won't they get put off by unnecessary, unproductive and baseless arguments and counter argument?

Because if not for my passion for sports and football in particular, I would have for long deserted the thread already without mincing words.

Is that how we want them to feel, summed up and act accordingly too whenever they visited for the first time?

Thereby giving them the impression that here is also No different from each and every other online football community they have visited or ascribed to?

I want to implore all and sundry to ponder on this post, reflect positively and have a great change in attitude with respect to our existence in here accordingly please

I rest my case wholeheartedly.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
junnyjake:
I've watched Onuachu play well in Europe but it's getting really difficult having him replicate same for the eagles. I think it's time he makes way for Dessers to come in.

And Maduka isn't an SE material yet.

Where have you been?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Kbs468:

Honestly,I just have to quote you upon seeing the Newbies mentioning in truth.

And as a newbie with less than a month initiation and experience in here, I have already summed up my conclusion about some monikers here in relation to their personalities though.

Above all, I want to state that we should always bear at the back of our minds that when contributing in here, we should do so with utmost importance, passion and seriousness the discuss here deserves like one would do in a face to face round table organizational deliberations.

Why did I state the above?

Simple!

It's because of the reference made by Humility017 with respect to the NFF officials developing interest in visiting this thread for the purpose of picking up meaningful advise and suggestions that would help in reshaping and moulding a new direction for Nigerian football and its development.

But how won't they get put off by unnecessary, unproductive and baseless arguments and counter argument?

Because if not for my passion for sports and football in particular, I would have for long deserted the thread already without mincing words.

Is that how we want them to feel, summed up and act accordingly too whenever they visited for the first time?

Thereby giving them the impression that here is also No different from each and every other online football community they have visited or ascribed to?

I want to implore all and sundry to ponder on this post, reflect positively and have a great change in attitude with respect to our existence in here accordingly please

I rest my case wholeheartedly.

God bless you for this words...
trust me, they came in at the right time...

I think we all need to make amends, starting from me tolerate one another and pass our views without insults, prejudice and name callings...

adhering to what kbs468 just said will go along way in promoting our discourse here and also enhance the thread reputation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
Rodgers has also praised forward Kelechi Iheanacho who has come in to deliver when called upon despite his limited playing time this term.

The Leicester City boss stated that the striker his playing behind one of the best forward in Europe at the moment but believes he will always be ready to step into the shoes when called upon.

“He’s playing behind one of the great strikers in Europe. I know that when I need him, he’ll be ready.”

Nacho should better leave during the January transfer window ..dont think Rodgers fancies him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
Abusule007:
Queens Park Rangers Star Eze Tells NFF Boss : I Want To Be The Captain Of Nigeria

Nigeria Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick has assured Super Eagles fans that he's doing everything possible to make Queens Park Rangers young sensation Eberechi Eze commit his international future to Nigeria.

Eze trained with the Super Eagles before a cancelled friendly against Burkina Faso in March 2017 but since then his status has changed, having played seven friendly matches for England U20s.

And things will become more difficult for the Nigeria Football Federation in their attempt to lure the attacking midfielder if he goes ahead to make his competitive debut for the England U21 team this month as he has been handed a call-up for the Euro qualifier against Albania.

Pinnick is expected to travel to London in the coming weeks for talks with Eze and his camp and it is claimed that the player has informed the NFF boss he wants to captain the Super Eagles in future.

In an interview with Channels Television monitored by allnigeriasoccer.com on Monday morning, Pinnick provided an update on Eze, saying : ''I have been taking to him (Eze), I speak to him everyday, I speak to his father, I speak to everybody.

He's an excellent player, he loves this country that I can tell you.

''He is a young player, he wants to be given a bit of time but I talk to his dad, I talk to him, I'll meet them soon in London, we cannot allow such a talent to go.

''And he even told me jokingly, 'President I want to be the captain of Nigeria some day', I was so excited about that and said, 'Why not, you play like Jay-Jay, Jay-Jay was captain so you can be another captain'.

''He loves this country, I don't think we want to allow that talent to go''.

In 16 outings for Queens Park Rangers in the EFL Championship this season, Eze has been involved in 10 goals (6 goals, 4 assists).

Source: ANS.

This(pic bellow) looked more assuring, yet...we all know how it ended. Pinnick is making same mistake again. Why say this now? That was so insensitive and myopic of him, Bkus Boothroyd is now gonna give Eze an undeserved competitive minutes just to complicate the whole issue. Be like Pinnick get wide mouth angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Humility017:

God bless you for this words...
trust me, they came in at the right time...

I think we all need to make amends, starting from me tolerate one another and pass our views without insults, prejudice and name callings...

adhering to what kbs468 just said will go along way in promoting our discourse here and also enhance the thread reputation.

Humility017:

God bless you too Brother.

Those are words on marble as bolded

(1) (2) (3) ... (7594) (7595) (7596) (7597) (7598) (7599) (7600) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Badbunny and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.