Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671014 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7599) (7600) (7601) (7602) (7603) (7604) (7605) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2019
ChrisKels:

What time is the match please?
7pm naija time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

only your people glorify and ass lick tinubu that have turned Lagos state economy to his personal bank account....

never in your life make that comparison...
common sense should teach that the scenario does not follow....

you're so damn lucky Icons is not someone like me... I bet I would have watch how much you'll talk....

At least, A local government in Lagos state is better than the capital of your state.

Anyway, if there's any without using common sense, that should be you.

Says alot about one with 4.0 CGPA in political science. Don't tell me you no giraffe to pass. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2019
mostob:
I don't know sha. CONSAT is the same thing as PLAYTV. Maybe you should try if they do stream online.

Okay. Thanks. I will find out about CONSAT. I think it is Daar communication pay TV.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

c'mon if icons was like Tinubu do you think that election would have been fair...

why compare light and darkness...
let's wait until 2023 let's see if his gladiator level will get him the presidency....grin

What makes you different from Tinubu when you wan bring mago mago come here?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EdegbeLine: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

c'mon if icons was like Tinubu do you think that election would have been fair...

why compare light and darkness...
let's wait until 2023 let's see if his gladiator level will get him the presidency....grin
My brother don’t be too sure or beat your chest boasting because you can never bet on an average Nigeria politician attaining a height no one things he would, not to talk of Tinubu who has grassroots followers from every corners of the country and I am proud to say I am one of these supporters. I am neither Yoruba nor stay in any of the s/w states but trust me, 2023 presidency is for his to beat. For the record, he is far better than most of the politicians some people praises in their various states. Tinubu won’t be president and you would be seeing people like Zainab as finance minister because one of the many attributes of Tinubu is unearthing talents in all sectors of Nigeria life and these talents most times ends up to be the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
EdegbeLine:

My brother don’t be too sure or beat your chest boasting because you can never bet on an average Nigeria politician attaining a height no one things he would, not to talk of Tinubu who has grassroots followers from every corners of the country and I am proud to say I am one of these supporters. I am neither Yoruba nor stay in any of the s/w states but trust me, 2023 presidency is for his to beat. For the record, he is far better than most of the politicians some people praises in their various states. Tinubu won’t be president and you would be seeing people like Zainab as finance minister because one of the many attributes of Tinubu is unearthing talents in all sectors of Nigeria life and these talents most times ends up to be the best.

and he will do better than Osibanjo?

truth be told.... the VP is the only presidential material in this current government.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
Onyekuru should have been invited to the under 23.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
Joebie:
So who made it to the top over the weekend?
Here is a review of Nigerians that made the team of the week and also featured in other important stats courtesy of WhoScored.

1. Cyriel Dessers makes the TOTW in the Eredivisie with the maximum possible points of 10.0, as well as Chidera Ejuke
2. Onyinye Ndidi takes a commanding place in Premier League's best XI at the heart of the midfield.
3. Dominic Iorfa takes his turn at Center Back in the Championship Best XI, after Tosin Adarabioyo was listed in last week's Best XI
4. Ebere Eze is the highest rated player in the English second tier with 7.54 points. Ovie Ejaria, on his part has climbed up the ranking to the 5th best player with a rating of 7.33.

Thanks for this info. Never knew Dominic Iorfa was a CB. If he wishes to play for Naija, he would be a welcome addition

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Okay. Thanks. I will find out about CONSAT. I think it is Daar communication pay TV.

Try and get Strong decoder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EdegbeLine: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

and he will do better than Osibanjo?

truth be told.... the VP is the only presidential material in this current government.
Boss, what makes you think Osibanjo will do better when he is made the head and not a second fiddle like how he is now to buhari and how he was as Tinubu AG? Responsibilities are different when you are the head and when you are the tail and such often times hinder performances and ways of thinking. Today Osibanjo did well with N-power, but when he becomes the head don’t be surprise this same Osibanjo will scrap N-power and tell you it isn’t necessary and it was just a brainchild of Buhari and he just had to buy into the program as the one whose office as vice was saddled with the n-power responsibilities. Further more, who even unearthed this same Osibanjo, Fashola, Ambode, cooker, Sanwo-Olu and many others that would have helped this buhari administration but they refused given them part in the administration? One thing I am 100% sure is that Tinubu becoming president will make him become so powerful that no one in Africa can rival him but he won’t leave without putting a better person to succeed him and having men and women with brains as members of his cabinet, unlike buhari who choses most times base on religion and tribe. Tinubu is 1million % better than buhari and will do better than buhari both as a president and a country leader

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

At least, A local government in Lagos state is better than the capital of your state.

Says alot about one with 4.0 CGPA in political science. Don't tell me you no giraffe to pass. grin grin

Can you elaborate the local government better than state capital ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Thank you very much.

Tinubu is a gladiator in Nigerian politics. I don't need to explain this to you.

The same way Icons4 is the sole gladiator in the politics played in the that election. I don't need to explain this to you too.

Now, figure it out and tell me if there is no comparison.

A gladiator (literally defined) is a fighter who engages in competitions and duels in the hope of winning prizes. The sole aim of a gladiator is to win laurels for HIMSELF. A gladiator doesn't care about the good of the society nor does he make any sacrifices towards it. Selfish interest alone motivates him. Bola Tinubu falls clearly into this category. All his actions and political activities are geared towards his personal aggrandizement and accumulation of political clout. Tinubu is no Father Christmas. He never gives, he only invests for profit.

Chief Icon4s on the other hand, is a selfless and passionate crusader for the betterment of Nigerian football. He singlehandedly organizes and most importantly, bankrolls the entire awards programme. Nobody pays Icon4s for this. This is a faceless forum, so nobody can say he is doing it to show off. He does it because he wants to. Because he genuinely loves our football.

Can Tinubu undertake to pay the salary of government workers in his state from his pocket(Without drawing any media attention)?. Can he use his money to repair the potholes on the streets of Lagos which he reportedly "owns"?. Can he build clinics to treat poor Nigerians?. No he won't. Because he is only a gladiator. Because he has zero passion for Nigeria. Because he cares for nothing but his pocket.

Can you see the difference now?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

only your people glorify and ass lick tinubu that have turned Lagos state economy to his personal bank account....

you're so damn lucky Icons is not someone like me... I bet I would have watch how much you'll talk....

I have to agree with the part that says " only your people glorify." However, I think Tinubu has played an important role in South West politics ,especially Lagos. He is NOT a national political icon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
Forgiveness always cherishes the opportunity of having a go at Baba Icons4 mana akpukwu nwelu size...Icons4 na legit Mansa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

A gladiator (literally defined) is a fighter who engages in competitions and duels in the hope of winning prizes. The sole aim of a gladiator is to win laurels for HIMSELF. A gladiator doesn't care about the good of the society nor does he make any sacrifices towards it. Selfish interest alone motivates him. Bola Tinubu falls clearly into this category. All his actions and political activities are geared towards his personal aggrandizement and accumulation of political clout. Tinubu is no Father Christmas. He never gives, he only invests for profit.

Chief Icon4s on the other hand, is a selfless and passionate crusader for the betterment of Nigerian football. He singlehandedly organizes and most importantly, bankrolls the entire awards programme. Nobody pays Icon4s for this. This is a faceless forum, so nobody can say he is doing it to show off. He does it because he wants to. Because he genuinely loves our football.

Can Tinubu undertake to pay the salary of government workers in his state from his pocket(Without drawing any media attention)?. Can he use his money to repair the potholes on the streets of Lagos which he reportedly "owns"?. Can he build clinics to treat poor Nigerians?. No he won't. Because he is only a gladiator. Because he has zero passion for Nigeria. Because he cares for nothing but his pocket.

Can you see the difference now?.

Is that what your University taught you about gladiator level of politics?

Abi na you know know am?

Ah! Mogbe!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Where can I get CONSAT?

Do you know the pay TV where Beins sports are in Nigeria apart from SE?
Bein sport too won't show any CAF organized tournaments for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Can you elaborate the local government better than state capital ?

Which kind of elaboration do I need to give when facts are stirring you at your face?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
jihday:
Bein sport too won't show any CAF organized tournaments for now

Na Startime sure pass be dat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

And you don't know what politics is all about?

Oooooooooooooooh!

For goodness sake! Would you learn to ignore any further reference to the #NIGERIAN NAIRALAND FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS committee membership nomination election that went down in here that you have successfully become a member already?

I think it's high time you laid to rest any further agitation coming up in support or against the membership of icon4s and concentrate on how meaningfully you would contribute your quota for another successful AWARD YEAR please.

Thanks and stay blessed as you oblige my request ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Forgiveness always cherishes the opportunity of having a go at Baba Icons4 mana akpukwu nwelu size...Icons4 na legit Mansa

Fat lies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kbs468:

Oooooooooooooooh!

For goodness sake! Would you learn to ignore any further reference to the #NIGERIAN NAIRALAND FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS committee membership nomination election that went down in here that you have successfully become a member already?

I think it's high time you laid to rest any further agitation coming up in support or against the membership of icon4s and concentrate on how meaningfully you would contribute your quota for another successful AWARD YEAR please.

Thanks and stay blessed as you oblige my request ok.

It has been laid to rest already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
tbaba1234:
Onyekuru should have been invited to the under 23.
How the mighty have fallen. From being sort after by Bayern Munich and PsG to Olympic Eagles.
Abi those were audio interests? Someone pls tag Colin Udoh

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
opes:

Try and get Strong decoder.

Do you mean strong CONSAT decoder?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

How has this ended up on this thread??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
forgiveness:

How has this ended up on this thread??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
Barryseal:

How the mighty have fallen. From being sort after by Bayern Munich and PsG to Olympic Eagles.

It's Audio interest bro.

Especially the Bayern one mentioned by Collin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Humility017:

It seems you're enjoying this
Why are you still fueling it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
Another group stage exit looming?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
You guys are diverting to a dangerous path
make una stop o
Make una no turn this thread upside down
Stop discussions on mainstream politics abeg
Go to politics section if you are so hungry for such.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
what is this thread turning into...just imagine, Tinubu vs Osinbanjo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
jihday:
Another group stage exit looming?
How pls? Am sorry to say but I hate this kind of mindset. Afterall, it is 11 vs 11.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
Barryseal:

I want to believe that tbaba1234 was right about Onyekuru Henry though.

Because Olympic GOLD is no mince meat and that was why players like NWANKWO KANU, AUGUSTINE JJ OKOCHA, SUNDAY OLISEH, VICTOR IKPEBA, TIJANI BABANGIDA, CELESTINE BABAYARO, EMMANUEL BABAYARO, TARIBO WEST, WILSON ORUMA, ETC were part of the 1996 OLYMPICS EAGLES despite being established Players already while being eligible Age-wise.

The only Over aged Players in the team back then in accordance to FIFA provision and requirement are DANIEL AMOKACHI, UCHE OKECHUKWU and one other person I can't remember right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (7599) (7600) (7601) (7602) (7603) (7604) (7605) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), Philosopher1979 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.