Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,933 members, 7,838,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11798022 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7690) (7691) (7692) (7693) (7694) (7695) (7696) ... (16207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
solonnachi:

England should just pity us and leave the boy for us na
That England sef ehn...they couldn't even pity tomori and start him against Kosovo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Won't work out the team will have factions all the name above will have thier own loyal players
somehow:

These names I listed are to assist Rohr o

Eguaveon for the defence
Amuneke for attack
Enyeama for GK department

Time for Alloy to leave the stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
When he's on the left, we hardly get quality pull in and crosses from him. Just watch some of his games there.

To go further and become a world-beater, we need proper players in the right places.
tbaba1234:

I actually think Aina is better on the left.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Came quite close until the goals rush. One I saw Kalu go in, I knew we would score number four.

Would have preferred 4-1 shaa... Awaziem was just unfortunate with that miscued attempt to clear the ball. The turf na really wa... We did well on the overall on that turf.

Aina, Awaziem (until his own goal), Ndidi, Chukwueze, and Osimhen were our best players on field.

Anyway, it's a sweet win - win. wink

TheSuperNerd:
I predict a 2-0 win for the super Eagles. If we concede... Then 3-1 it is.

If we score more than these... Then na win - win.... grin

Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toylove:

That England sef ehn...they couldn't even pity tomori and start him against Kosovo

Na Euro 2020 go give the guy sense, because he won't make that squad. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
True, Ikeme (Audio) is there but then, between Ikeme and Enyeama, if you are told to pick someone to assist in the GK coaching department, who will you go for?
Joebie:
Wetin happen to Ikeme?
Enyeama no go accept that responsibility.
Amuneke is better than all these pretenders.
Abi make we go find Kalika join cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
hardeycute:
Good win.

Osimhen is good no doubt but the unreasonable hype and comparisons is why I don't follow proceedings here. Naso una hype Iheanacho sotey he no see call up again.

Osimhen is not Iheanacho. We are not hyping him. The boy is good and we are confirming it. He's a product of your youth system and he's doing well, we are happy and we have have high hopes in him.If he was European you'll see him on the front pages of papers tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Yup. Would be hellish getting him to switch now. Even if we do begin his allegiance switch today, it would take months before he is finally cleared to play for us.

Let's just admit we've lost him.

On to the next one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
Clint02:
So England youth team don cap Ebere Eze.

He can go to hell, for all I care
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
You never understood the discussion. I clearly said Aina is the better fullback all round but lacks the Left foot factor that can come in handy in certain game situations against even better opponents.
Remember you said you lacked understanding of it. So Biko, stick with thy lack of understanding. wink

Besides this is Lesotho. Collins would have done a decent job without doubt. And he would have converted that chance Aina wasted when he got free into the box via a fine Iwobi pass. Collins is a Calamity. He is that bad that the channel i watched the match recorded the own goal for him even though he didn't play. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=84119301]You never understood the discussion. I clearly said Aina is the better fullback all round but lacks the Left foot factor that can come in handy in certain game situations against even better opponents.
Remember you said you lacked understanding of it. So Biko, stick with thy lack of understanding. wink

Besides this is Lesotho. Collins would have done a decent job without doubt. And he would have converted that chance Aina wasted when he got free into the box via a fine Iwobi pass. Collins is a Calamity. He is that bad that the channel i watched the match recorded the own goal for him even though he didn't play. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
klexycole:

Is this not the same Humility that's against Rohr and always calling him White Onigbinde whenever the team suffers a setback? shocked

In fact, you've called for his sack several times. I'm surprised that you now support him, especially now that the team is doing extremely well.

Unfortunately, your support is not consistent. Boss I hail. cheesy

Na play I dey o. tongue

Chai I remembered

Double mouthed hypocrite shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Give Imama this Super Eagles team and watch them losing away matches

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
darkelf:

Let's just admit we've lost him.

On to the next one
Gbam
EOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
Enyeama was with us for more than 10 years, all of a sudden he can't work with the NFF? maybe you meant some new faces in the NFF. BTW, he was in the camp in Uyo, so I don't think his issues with the NFF is that deep. If HE had a club or playing club football, he would have been back in the SE as a GK under Rohr no matter what.

Eguaveon is a good defensive coach too o. Yes he can score too.

Our squad is too rich now not to achieve great things ahead.
Humility017:

please remove enyeama he has temprament issues...he can't work with the NFF.

Equaveon is an attacking minded coach ooo. ... he score alot and some times concede too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toylove:

Thats how they use and dump like tissue paper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Humility017:

bro...to be honest even though I have some times shade ROHR which I will still do as we progress....I have not call for his sack at any time... it is normal to say all manner of words or call a coach names as fan when not pleased with results.... but you see deal down many of us knows he is the best for the job now considering the cash trap of the NFF and corruption issues...
we can't afford any other foreign coach that will be patient like him....

we just want him to.improve and do better....

cc: andrewbaba44 ,

Some people are against rohr here sha but only very few call for his sack

I am not sure if you ever call for his sack, despite shading him most times
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
Joebie:
I will take a top-form Ebuehi on the right and leave Aina on the left. That would be GOLD
Until we play intelligent countries/coaches/players, then yansh go spread berekete.

Rohr should help me unearth an above average LB in the likes of Udeze, Babayaro and Taiye Taiwo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
somehow:
When he's on the left, we hardly get quality pull in and crosses from him. Just watch some of his games there.

To go further and become a world-beater, we need proper players in the right places.

Nigeria does not cross much anyway. At Torino, Aina plays more from the left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
isan:
Won't work out the team will have factions all the name above will have thier own loyal players
Until then..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toylove:

And to make it worst Tyrone Mings is not better than him in anyway
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
We are saying this because we are yet to get an above-average LB (Not like Colins is bad). I am the kind that likes square pegs in square holes.

Crossing is part of our siggy, just that we haven't had much of them good crossers for a while now but they are getting better.
tbaba1234:

Nigeria does not cross much anyway. At Torino, Aina plays more from the left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Southie is not being fair to Tomori. I don't just get it. What more must the lad do? He's balling good and is a starter for Chelsea. Anyway, in the end, I hope the lad makes the Euros squad. He made this decision and I can only hope he doesn't regret it.

Toylove:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tomori is gone for good! I wish him all the best!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
DrKlever:
Collins is a Calamity. He is that bad that the channel i watched the match recorded the own goal for him even though he didn't play. grin

Chai bro please na, have mercy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
somehow:
We are saying this because we are yet to get an above-average LB (Not like Colins is bad). I am the kind that likes square pegs in square holes.

Crossing is part of our siggy, just that we haven't had much of them good crossers for a while now but they are getting better.

Spoiler alert.

Most right footed player that plays left back are mostly good with both feets. Ashley Young of Man Utd is an example. He played left back for England in the last world cup and he did well. There is a young left back from Man Utd academy that was promoted recently, Brandon Williams, he's right footed too and can make good crosses with both his feet.
It's even an advantage sef, cos most defenders won't know if you want to cross or cut in, because u are two footed.

Lastly Aina has played generally more on the left than on the right for the past two years now, so I'm sure he would have adapted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
During the Keshi, Siasia and Oliseh eras, we struggled to beat minnows away. Rohr has made qualification easy.

Yet people will definitely still clamour for local coaches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Danielnino00:

I may not live in the UK like u... But having supported Liverpool for over 12 years now, I think I know pretty much about the club...so don't stylishly tag me ignorant.

Harry Wilson has been Liverpool best loan player for the past two seasons now.. a left footed right winger who can function on the left flank and attacking midfield..Salah and Mane presence in the team won't deny him game time.. Shaqiri that is their main backup has been relegated to the bench due to his poor form and Klopp has said nothing about recalling Wilson to fill in for him...
Ejaria is a good player and currently doing well, but he won't be recalled even if he wins championship player of the season.. Marko Gurjic plays in the same position as Ejaria and he had a great season with Hertha Berlin last season and is still doing the same now, but he hasn't been recalled.. Na Ejaria.. lol

I am not stylishly tagging you ignorant.

Living in the UK does not give anybody greater insight about the club than someone who is in Nigeria.

However, knowing the club and the people who run the club does.

Marko will NEVER EVER play for Liverpool no matter what he does.

Ovie has a possibility that's all l will say. A few seasons ago we thought Origi's time was up. It's changed dramatically now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Truidstar:
We now qualify easily for tournaments since Rohr came on board. We were shouting for Osimhen during the Afcon, some on here say he is not ready.
Nobody rates you ..go to the wilderness

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tomori is finally cup yied. Came in for england against Kosovo a few minutes ago
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
While they were celebrating they didn't realize Tomori is now officially gone!

The boy comes in on the 83rd minute. Bye bro! God's Blessings!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Benin rep 1 -0 Sierra leone
Nigeria tops the group with 6pts
Benin 3pts
Sierra leone 1pt
Lesotho 1pt

(1) (2) (3) ... (7690) (7691) (7692) (7693) (7694) (7695) (7696) ... (16207) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, nairalandankrah, freesinzu(m), gloryon(m), Danielnino00(m), charlesemeka85(m), Abusule007, caprikon and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.