Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659300 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) (7728) (7729) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
Starboytwo:
W. A. T

Sky sports, BR Football...... BT... It is everywhere... Elyte is right.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria's First XI vs Madagascar @Afcon 2019

GK- Carpentry High Official, Ezenwa

DF:
CB- Ekong
CB- An off-form/inactive Balogun
RB- Awaziem
LB- Aina

MF:
CM- Associate Carpentry Professor, John Ogu
DM- Oghenekaro Peter Etebo
AM- An end-of-the-roads, out-of-sorts, off-pace Mikel Obi.

FW:
RW- A Samuel Kalu still struggling with match fitness after bouncing back from injury.

LW- Ahmed Musa

CF- Odion Ighalo (playing his final tournament).

Compare the lineup above to the current In-form lineup below...

GK- Any of Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Okoye can fill in.

DF:
CB- Troost Ekong
CB- Semi Ajayi/Kenneth Omeruo
RB- Ola Aina/Chidozie Awaziem
LB- Jamilu Collins/Ola Aina

MF:
DM- Wilfred Ndidi
CM- Joe Aribo
AM- Alex Iwobi

FW:
CF- Victor James Osimhen
RW- Samuel Chukwueze
LW- Samuel Kalu

Cc Darkelf.

If I catch Madagascar with the current squad ehn... Their name will be sorry.

na was o. The guy no even retire reach one year, una don dey use stinkers describe am undecided

A whole Odogwu, uwa di egwu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I like the idea of Amuneke and Finidi for the long term future. Nice. But for now, Rohr it is.

Amuneke showed his deficiencies at the AFCON. Reckless attacking with no defensive organization. I say no thank you.

Finidi, maybe but he should start as an assistant to Rohr. Imama should be fired.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
What will a Post-Poch Tottenham look like? Considering they weren't shit before him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
Amuneke gave us Osimhen. He gave us Chukwueze. Rumors has it he also discovered some of the main stars of the 2013 U-17 squad. He knew how to get the best out of those lads and he is brilliant tactically. I say he may just have a future with this team in the long distance future.
Amuneke had it 50-50 with Tanzania... He qualified them to their first Afcon in years. His team failed at the Afcon but it takes nothing away from his genius. He was just unfortunate with them in Egypt. Tanzania just could not measure up to the firepowers of Senegal and a very decent Kenyan side.

On Finidi, we don't know the depth of his tactical wisdom unlike Amuneke and Amuneke is simply ahead for now.

Imama.... Are we still talking about that one? Dude should be thrown away ASAP.

I will prefer Amuneke starting work for us under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

tbaba1234:

Amuneke showed his deficiencies at the AFCON. Reckless attacking with no defensive organization. I say no thank you.

Finidi, maybe but he should start as an assistant to Rohr. Imama should be fired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
komekn:

If he goes to Manchester United why will they be biased against him.

And l am sure you think he is better than Rashford.

If he cuts it he plays if he doesn't NUTTIN for him.

Story. It does not work that way. There is a lot of bias and preference that goes with the English game.

Is Maguire a better defender than Soyuncu? I doubt but see how Soyuncu was a dishwasher and towel washer last season. Is John Evans better than him? But he did not have a sniff.

What about how Albrighton kept on getting a steady run while Ahmed Musa was playing junior football at Leicester City.

Victor Moses was posting repeated man of the match performances under Conte then with the snap of the fingers he was gone. You think that happens with cutting it?

Is Tominay a better footballer than Fred? But, he will get the nod over Fred any day. What is even helping the English league is the rise of foreign coaches, if not it would have been worse.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lol.... Mikel remains a legend... And one of the best Midfielders from Africa ever. He remains my man. wink

But I just had to describe the state he showcased at the Afcon in Egypt compared to what we have now. Honestly, Mikel disappointed in that AM role. It would have been different had he played deeper with Iwobi in front of him as AM.

safarigirl:
na was o. The guy no even retire reach one year, una don dey use stinkers describe am undecided

A whole Odogwu, uwa di egwu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
So Zambia lost at home to Zimbabwe. Too bad. Nightmarish situation for them. No Olympics, no AFCON. And there goes their chances of raising another golden generation of players.

In other News Ethiopia beat The Ivorian Carpenters grin Chriskels where art thou grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Honestly, I take back that small hope I held out for them thinking they might even clinch second. It seems they will achieve nothing yet again unless some magic happens in the next four matchdays with Daka, Sakala, and Mwepu all returning. But really, Zambia have blown it.

Icon4s:
So Zambia lost at home to Zimbabwe. Too bad. Nightmarish situation for them. No Olympics, no AFCON. And there goes their chances of raising another golden generation of players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Amuneke gave us Osimhen. He gave us Chukwueze. Rumors has it he also discovered some of the main stars of the 2013 U-17 squad. He knew how to get the best out of those lads and he is brilliant tactically. I say he may just have a future with this team in the long distance future.
Amuneke had it 50-50 with Tanzania... He qualified them to their first Afcon in years. His team failed at the Afcon but it takes nothing away from his genius. He was just unfortunate with them in Egypt. Tanzania just could not measure up to the firepowers of Senegal and a very decent Kenyan side.

On Finidi, we don't know the depth of his tactical wisdom unlike Amuneke and Amuneke is simply ahead for now.

I will prefer Amuneke starting under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

I do not want Amunike working with Rohr at the moment but drafted alongside Finidi to build a new set of footballing weapons for the Super Eagles. Osimhen, Chukwueze, Orji Okonkwo, K. Nwakali in one set is astonishing. With us not getting it right in two occasions, we need to refuel the pool.

I want Finidi there because I now remember that Amunike worked with Van Gaal at Barcelona and Finidi worked with Van Gaal at Ajax.

Some way, with both playing in Spain, we might have a tactical pair that share similar (but not the same) ideas of the game. After the first year, Amunike can progress to the U20 while Finidi solely handles the U17.

A long term plan to raise bright talents while playing beautiful brands of football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Icon4s:

In other News Ethiopia beat The Ivorian Carpenters grin Chriskels where art thou grin

Darkelf will drop the list of Chriskel's Ivorian Carpenters soon.... We await that list with glee... grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

I will prefer Amuneke starting work for us under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

Simple replace imama with amuneke,and uplift him as d head coach of super eagles,wyle rohr remains technical adviser,both can work together,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oga youth football is different from men's football. So because he unearthed oshimeh and Chukwueze the super eagles should be given to him easily like that?

Didn't he fail to qualify the same U17 team for the u20 world cup 2 years later?

He is doing well and atleast has a decent CV by qualifying Tanzania for the afcon but that is not good enough.

He should try and get a job with another small African nation which will afford him the opportunity to learn more in men's game.

Keshi followed the same route and after 2 stints with national teams in Africa he was given the opportunity to tinker the super eagles.

TheSuperNerd:

I will prefer Amuneke starting under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Icon4s:

Someone predicted this earlier o. chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
If I get you right .. you suggest we bring Amuneke to work with Finidi at U-17/U-20 levels to raise another genuinely beautiful generation of talents. Is that it? That is also an option.... Not a bad idea at all.

Amuneke + Finidi @ U-17 level ahead of 2021... Then Finidi takes over at U-17 level into 2023 and beyond while Amuneke steps it up to U-20s ahead of 2023 and beyond. I think I like this option too.

TheGoodJoe:

I do not want Amunike working with Rohr at the moment but drafted alongside Finidi to build a new set of footballing weapons for the Super Eagles. Osimhen, Chukwueze, Orji Okonkwo, K. Nwakali in one set is astonishing. With us not getting it right in two occasions, we need to refuel the pool.

I want Finidi there because I now remember that Amunike worked with Van Gaal at Barcelona and Finidi worked with Van Gaal at Ajax.

Some way, with both playing in Spain, we might have a tactical pair that share similar (but not the same) ideas of the game. After the first year, Amunike can progress to the U20 while Finidi solely handles the U17.

A long term plan to raise bright talents while playing beautiful brands of football.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga youth football is different from men's football. So because he unearthed oshimeh and Chukwueze the super eagles should be given to him easily like that?

Didn't he fail to qualify the same U17 team for the u20 world cup 2 years later?

He is doing well and atleast has a decent CV by qualifying Tanzania for the afcon but that is not good enough.

He should try and get a job with another small African nation which will afford him the opportunity to learn more in men's game.

Keshi followed the same route and after 2 stints with national teams in Africa he was given the opportunity to tinker the super eagles.

Keep in mind Guardiola, Zidane, Enrique and Lopetegui went from coaching youth football to becoming brilliant minds of the game.

The proposal of Amunike is a long term well planned proposal not an overnight approach.

It is for him to know the team before hand, if he works as an assistant or youth coach again. Then grow into the role. Going to another African country is more of hin proving himself but we will end up sacrificing him developing familiarity with the role and players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
If I get you right .. you suggest we bring Amuneke to work with Finidi at U-17/U-20 levels to raise another genuinely beautiful generation of talents. Is that it? That is also an option.... Not a bad idea at all.

Amuneke + Finidi @ U-17 level ahead of 2021... Then Finidi takes over at U-17 level into 2023 and beyond while Amuneke steps it up to U-20s ahead of 2023 and beyond. I think I like this option too.

After the run with the youth team, he can get the crack with the senior boys. By then, he will be fully familiar with the crop of the team. From the old boys with Nacho, Success, Osimhen, Chukwueze. Keeping in mind he worked with Keshi for a brief stint (if I am correct). Coupled with the young crop he has raised.

Later Finidi gets his chance to work With Amunike and later take over the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Did you read? I said he should start under Rohr as Tactical assistant. He is qualified enough for that. And yes, his credentials of giving us a super no.9 causing ripples in world football today alongside a Robben-like Whizkid in Chukwueze cannot be overlooked easily. The man clearly has eyes for high yield talents and genuine potentials and showed he can bring out the best in them.

Amuneke worked in Sudan and didn't do badly at all before he left. He then got the Tanzania job and he achieved Afcon qualification for them. A huge feat. He has enough to still grow into a true Mastermind of the coaching game and become a real treasure for us.

charlesemeka85:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
I wonder what really make u guys believe Amunike will do wonder with the super eagles. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude should apply for jobs in the African continent and I believe his cv so far will attract one of this small African nations to hire him.

It doesn't make sense hiring him as the u23 coach or as an assistant to rohr, if I were him in will turn the offers down if am approached.

Finidi on his path should apply for the U17 job as the head coach or assistant. He needs to start from somewhere. Even my preference for the cadet team coach is uduka ugbade who have worked with Manu for a long time now

elyte89:

Simple replace imama with amuneke,and uplift him as d head coach of super eagles,wyle rohr remains technical adviser,both can work together,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Cc Charlesemeka85

The bolded is the summary.

TheGoodJoe:

Keep in mind Guardiola, Zidane, Enrique and Lopetegui went from coaching youth football to becoming brilliant minds of the game.

The proposal of Amunike is a long term well planned proposal not an overnight approach.

It is for him to know the team before hand, if he works as an assistant or youth coach again. Then grow into the role. Going to another African country is more of hin proving himself but we will end up sacrificing him developing familiarity with the role and players.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd, am I the only one that was blown away by the brilliant play of Pizzuto of Mexico. When will we raise another midfield controlling maestro as we did with Mikel. K. Nwakali needs to step up his game and give his blood to Huesca. Although Ndidi is showing promising signs under Rodgers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I wonder what really make u guys believe Amunike will do wonder with the super eagles. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude should apply for jobs in the African continent and I believe his cv so far will attract one of this small African nations to hire him.

It doesn't make sense hiring him as the u23 coach or as an assistant to rohr, if I were him in will turn the offers down if am approached.

Finidi on his path should apply for the U17 job as the head coach or assistant. He needs to start from somewhere. Even my preference for the cadet team coach is uduka ugbade who have worked with Manu for a long time now

I also like Ndukka Ugbade especially with the news of his intense tactical training but Amunike and Finidi were exposed to high tactical football at Barcelona and Ajax respectively. Well trained at a very high level as coaches on the modern art of the game in Spain.

Based on exposure and training, Amunike and Finidi get the nods.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Sky sports, BR Football...... BT... It is everywhere... Elyte is right.
What is ARSENAL hierarchy waiting for? Imagine undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oga go and sit down. Oshimeh is a super number 9 now but when he starts underperforming now u will be the first to curse the hell out of his life.

Super talented players do emerge out of the blues in football so there is nothing special with Amunike discovering oshimeh.

The likes of Kanu, Okocha, mikel, Martins, Oliseh, taribo west and a whole lot were all discovered by someone.

Discovering a player is commendable but it doesn't stop their. Hardwork, dedication and determination is needed for a player to enhance his talent to become the best in the world.

If oshimeh remained with wolfsburg till date or maybe ended up in one of the scandanavian league will you clamor for amunike's hiring as the super eagles coach?

Or other coaches that gave the likes of Kanu, and Jay Jay a chance in our youth teams should be offered the super eagles job on a platter of gold?

TheSuperNerd:
Did you read? I said he should start under Rohr as Tactical assistant. He is qualified enough for that. And yes, his credentials of giving us a super no.9 causing ripples in world football today alongside a Robben-like Whizkid in Chukwueze cannot be overlooked easily. The man clearly has eyes for high yield talents and genuine potentials and showed he can bring out the best in them.

Amuneke worked in Sudan and didn't do badly at all before he left. He then got the Tanzania job and he achieved Afcon qualification for them. A huge feat. He has enough to still grow into a true Mastermind of the coaching game and become a real treasure for us.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
Two beautiful ideas here...

1. I like the initial option of having Amuneke come under Rohr as Tactical Coach/Technical assistant instead of Imama. That way, their roles can later evolve into Rohr as technical adviser/Man Manager and Amuneke as Head coach/Tactical Coach. In the long run, Rohr retires and Amuneke fully takes the reins with assist from maybe a Finidi or any qualified coaching brain that knows his stuffs.

2. I also like the option of having Amuneke instead take over the next U-17 project ahead of 2021 with Finidi as his assistant. Then Finidi takes over the 2023 project while Amuneke takes the genuine super talents of the 2021 project into 2023 at U-20 level in preps for huge step up to the U-23s and Senior NT.
Now, during this period, it means "someone else would have to serve as Rohr's tactical assistant. Someone competent."

Then after the 2023 phase, with Rohr retirement drawing close (he would be 70 or so), Amuneke takes the leap into Senior Management of our Super Eagles.

Two fine ideas.... And both can work if we do it right.

TheGoodJoe:

After the run with the youth team, he can get the crack with the senior boys. By then, he will be fully familiar with the crop of the team. From the old boys with Nacho, Success, Osimhen, Chukwueze. Keeping in mind he worked with Keshi for a brief stint (if I am correct). Coupled with the young crop he has raised.

Later Finidi gets his chance to work With Amunike and later take over the team.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
Tottenham may regret this

Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
Pochettino I think would have gotten the team back on track eventually. Great Coach. Sad to see him go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Amunike hv paid his dues in age grade football by winning the U17 world cup and it will be a downgrade for him to go back to that level after taking Tanzania to the nation's cup.that feat alone can attract smaller nations in Africa to jostle for his signature which will enrich his cv the more.

Finidi on his part is yet to do anything tangible after getting his coaching badge in Europe. His only experience is working with Malaga and ajax youth sides which is the reason I will project him for the U17 job.

TheGoodJoe:

I also like Ndukka Ugbade especially with the news of his intense tactical training but Amunike and Finidi were exposed to high tactical football at Barcelona and Ajax respectively. Well trained at a very high level as coaches on the modern art of the game in Spain.

Based on exposure and training, Amunike and Finidi get the nods.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, I take back that small hope I held out for them thinking they might even clinch second. It seems they will achieve nothing yet again unless some magic happens in the next four matchdays with Daka, Sakala, and Mwepu all returning. But really, Zambia have blown it.

All 3 played today's game. Infact Daka scored Zambia's only goal, an equalizer, after Billiat had earlier taken the lead for Zimbabwe. Infact Billiat scored the winner deep into the second half.

Their chances are now very slim with the lose to Zimbabwe in Lusaka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Amunike hv paid his dues in age grade football by winning the U17 world cup and it will be a downgrade for him to go back to that level after taking Tanzania to the nation's cup.that feat alone can attract smaller nations in Africa to jostle for his signature which will enrich his cv the more.

Finidi on his part is yet to do anything tangible after getting his coaching badge in Europe. His only experience is working with Malaga and ajax youth sides which is the reason I will project him for the U17 job.

You are only putting Amunike in the context and forgetting the need for us to have to raise bright talents to challenge our current players to keep them on their toes.

Amunike has the manuscript and knows the job of scouting these players. He has the knowledge to teach them the ideology of possessive attacking football. Finidi on the other hand will work with Amunike and grow in the system than coming in to do things from scratch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
The bolded is a silly statement and made out of ignorance becos I still stand by Iheanacho today despite his hard times especially after how he took the whole of Europe by storm.

I also still stand with Kelechi Nwakali after he showed so much promise at U-17 level and had decenr seasons at MVV Maastricht in the Dutch erste divisie.

When Osimhen was struggling I was the number 1 moniker defending his talents and shutting down all negatives being thrown at the lad. When he scored his first Pro goal at CHARLEROI, I came out of a busy period to log in here and ensured his first goal was well celebrated after all the nonsense some said about him here.

So you see Charles... I am not not like you. See how you curse and villify K.Nwakali and Zubby at every given turn... So the bolded fits you and not me.

Moving on.... You make no sense here. What do you mean if Osimhen remained at Wolfsburg? So the lad is silly and clueless and maybe unambitious abi? You think Amuneke discovered a weakling in that boy? Lol...

Amuneke gave us a stubborn Osimhen. I have followed the boy's life for a long time now even from a personal standpoint and come into contact with people who know the lad face to face. There was no bloody way he was gonna stay seeing he would not be given a chance. He left and the talents Amuneke had long seen in the boy before you and I began to shine and take roots in BELGIUM.

Coaches that gave Kanu and Okocha their chances are long gone. Their time don past.. So why bring them up? Amuneke is different in that he not only gave us genuine stars of the present and tomorrow but also boast keen tactical knowledge relevant to the modern game. He is also a UEFA Pro licensed coach. He has decent experience to come in and serve as tactical assistant to Rohr... Or would you rather choose Imama over Amuneke??

charlesemeka85:
Oga go and sit down. Oshimeh is a super number 9 now but when he starts underperforming now u will be the first to curse the hell out of his life.

Super talented players do emerge out of the blues in football so there is nothing special with Amunike discovering oshimeh.

The likes of Kanu, Okocha, mikel, Martins, Oliseh, taribo west and a whole lot were all discovered by someone.

Discovering a player is commendable but it doesn't stop their. Hardwork, dedication and determination is needed for a player to enhance his talent to become the best in the world.

If oshimeh remained with wolfsburg till date or maybe ended up in one of the scandanavian league will you clamor for amunike's hiring as the super eagles coach?

Or other coaches that gave the likes of Kanu, and Jay Jay a chance in our youth teams should be offered the super eagles job on a platter of gold?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
Seems Spurs are set to bring in Massimiliano Allegri.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) (7728) (7729) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m), mrwilliams9, 123jamessmith, Suzzytee05(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.