Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662496 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) (7728) (7729) (7730) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Amuneke gave us Osimhen. He gave us Chukwueze. Rumors has it he also discovered some of the main stars of the 2013 U-17 squad. He knew how to get the best out of those lads and he is brilliant tactically. I say he may just have a future with this team in the long distance future.
Amuneke had it 50-50 with Tanzania... He qualified them to their first Afcon in years. His team failed at the Afcon but it takes nothing away from his genius. He was just unfortunate with them in Egypt. Tanzania just could not measure up to the firepowers of Senegal and a very decent Kenyan side.

On Finidi, we don't know the depth of his tactical wisdom unlike Amuneke and Amuneke is simply ahead for now.

Imama.... Are we still talking about that one? Dude should be thrown away ASAP.

I will prefer Amuneke starting work for us under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

Manu discovered some super eagles talents, it does not make him good enough to be coach of the senior team.

I feel Tanzania was the most tactically naive team in the AFCON. Their approach to games lacked pragmatism. They did not adjust when they were leading or under pressure. Plus some stories of corruption still follow him. He also failed to qualify a talented under 20 side.

Finidi is new to the system.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
I was really impressed with that Pizzuto lad. The more reason why I was not happy with the manner in which Brazil (or should I say, VAR-sil) won.

Mexico has been good at U-17 level for the past 8 years since 2011... Reaching the final in 2011 and winning it, reaching the final in 2013, finishing 4th in 2015, Round of 16 finish in 2017 and now again reaching the final in 2019.

They have a deep pool but their problems lie in getting these players out of their comfort zones. Most of them end up remaining in Mexico playing for the big teams and they get no true Euro football exposure except a few who break out and get it going in Europe like Raul Jimenez is doing, like Alvarez of Ajax is doing, and like Diego Lainey is trying to do at real Betis but is not getting the game time he craves. Some think he left too early while some think he should have chosen Ajax.

I just hope Pizzuto makes the right choice. He is a special talent too like our own Akinkunmi Amoo and Samson Tijani.

Finally, on K.Nwakali... you right that we have a gem in that young man but you see, it is uo to him now to fight hard to ensure his huge genuine potentials are realised. Thank God for Ndidi but we need much more than just Ndidi.

TheGoodJoe:
TheSuperNerd, am I the only one that was blown away by the brilliant play of Pizzuto of Mexico. When will we raise another midfield controlling maestro as we did with Mikel. K. Nwakali needs to step up his game and give his blood to Huesca. Although Ndidi is showing promising signs under Rodgers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
So amuneker is the only talent spotter in Nigeria? Well it depends on what he wants as a coach, the decision is solely his to make but if I were him I will work on getting a job with a national team in Africa.

He has paid his dues in youth football so returning to that level is a no no to me. He should be aiming use his success with the Tanzanian national to to land another job in the continent which will enhance is reputation and will earn him more.

He has made that big leap from age age grade football to men's football so he should remain in his current level.

I bet you that doing well with any African team in the Chan, afcon or world cup qualifiers will pave the way easily for him to be hired as Super eagles coach. The likes of chukwu and keshi took the same route before 9ja came calling
TheGoodJoe:

You are only putting Amunike in the context and forgetting the need for us to have to raise bright talents to challenge our current players to keep them on their toes.

Amunike has the manuscript and knows the job of scouting these players. He has the knowledge to teach them the ideology of possessive attacking football. Finidi on the other hand will work with Amunike and grow in the system than coming in to do things from scratch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
Manu is not as Tactically astute as Amuneke. I know that fact is not lost on you unless you want to act like it is not obvious. Part of the reason the 2013 strived was down to Amuneke's tactical input alongside Manu's love for the Tiki Taka style. Amuneke's input added grit and Resilience to that 2013 team and we saw same grit and Resilience in Amuneke's 2015 team. Garba without Amuneke have only given us beautiful tiki Taka plays but no grit, no Organization and no true lasting Resilience. This is part of why I believe Garba has failed to replicate on his own the success of 2013 which Amuneke replicated without Garba in 2015.

So it is not just about the fact Amuneke has given us some stars, it is more about his level of experience, knowledge of the ever evolving modern game and his decent tactical know-how.

Besides, several of the Major stars in that 2013 team were first spottrd by Amuneke. Manu did his bit of discovery but Amuneke trumped him in that dept too.

On the U-20 debacle under Amuneke, External factors hampered our chances. Amuneke cried several times about this but nothing was done. Manu that took a talented side to New Zealand 2015, what did he achieve with them? He bench them all and sabotaged our chances.

tbaba1234:

Manu discovered some super eagles talents, it does not make him good enough to be coach of the senior team.

I feel Tanzania was the most tactically naive team in the AFCON. Their approach to games lacked pragmatism. They did not adjust when they were leading or under pressure. Plus some stories of corruption still follow him. He also failed to qualify a talented under 20 side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
At least three French Ligue 1 clubs are keeping a close watch on promising Nigerian striker Tolu Arokodare with a view to a transfer, according to reports.

French transfer market website Foot Mercato claims the Ligue 1 is delighted by Victor Osimhen's season with Lille and the Super Eagle has made other French clubs sit up and take notice of other exciting Nigerian talents.

Considered one of the best 18-year-olds in his homeland, Arokodare is on the radar of Toulouse, Angers and Amiens.

He previously trained at Freiburg in Germany and Toulouse but could not be signed by the two teams because of administrative problems.

Apart from the interest from Ligue 1 and Bundesliga teams, Major League Soccer clubs are keeping tabs on the highly-rated teenager.

Arokodare arrived at Latvian Virsliga side Valmiera in July 2019 and took the league by storm, scoring 6 goals in his last eight games.

The former Box-to-Box Football Academy, Lagos frontman was a member of the Golden Eaglets squad that failed to qualify for the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

External factors affected the U20 team of Nigeria in 2017. Most especially unpaid allowances to the player's for too long. Remember there was a strike before the leg the team was knocked off. Also the team played on a very poor pitch.

What you call tactical naivety is a big part of the possession game. It is something you keep working and correcting. Slips happen but with time it gels. The challenge is impatience.

At the end Amunike has the tactical Blueprint to have the team playing a good brand of football and nurturing him is the best way to go when it comes to having us playing with bravery and quality in the near future.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Provoker:
My verdict on jamiu Collins is that the guy isn't as bad as people here painted him... he may not be at his best this season but he is average and definitely not below
There is a reason Norwich wanted to sign him
And let's not be quick to write him off because he isn't a fan favorite

Another issue is the Moses Simon one
The guy isn't getting the accolades he deserves cos he isn't a fan favorite and he can't be dropped because he is on form and he is our first choice crosser....we saw it against South Africa and one another occasion were he crossed the ball for the goal at the same afcon.....and again most people here trying to discredit him on his assist against Brazil
His the only naija player with an hattrick this season and yet if chuks scores a goal, we know how we react
Is Moses Simon still valuable to the team, yes.
Am not saying you shouldn't have a favorite but pls don't don't discredit or rubbish any player cos you don't like them

We haven't played to the strength of onuachu even tho I prefer another player to him but how many games as he played for us to warrant we not wanting him?

My opinion

We need to be patient with our players. God bless the super eagles, God bless Nigeria

Collins is not bad as people say, i agree with you

One thing about this thread is that there are some particular people who target some players they dont like and thats it

I remember someone prefering ebuehi to play left back ahead of collins, ebuehi that even yet to play first team football

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Amuneke gave us Osimhen. He gave us Chukwueze. Rumors has it he also discovered some of the main stars of the 2013 U-17 squad. He knew how to get the best out of those lads and he is brilliant tactically. I say he may just have a future with this team in the long distance future.
Amuneke had it 50-50 with Tanzania... He qualified them to their first Afcon in years. His team failed at the Afcon but it takes nothing away from his genius. He was just unfortunate with them in Egypt. Tanzania just could not measure up to the firepowers of Senegal and a very decent Kenyan side.

On Finidi, we don't know the depth of his tactical wisdom unlike Amuneke and Amuneke is simply ahead for now.

Imama.... Are we still talking about that one? Dude should be thrown away ASAP.

I will prefer Amuneke starting work for us under Rohr as Tactical assistant with a view to taking over in the long term future.

grin

imama should be the chancellor of school of carpentry and brick laying studies....Alloy Agu head of governing council.....

cc: darkeff
chriskels
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Manu is not as Tactically astute as Amuneke. I know that fact is not lost on you unless you want to act like it is not obvious. Part of the reason the 2013 strived was down to Amuneke's tactical input alongside Manu's love for the Tiki Taka style. Amuneke's input added grit and Resilience to that 2013 team and we saw same grit and Resilience in Amuneke's 2015 team. Garba without Amuneke have only given us beautiful tiki Taka plays but no grit, no Organization and no true lasting Resilience. This is part of why I believe Garba has failed to replicate on his own the success of 2013 which Amuneke replicated without Garba in 2015.

So it is not just about the fact Amuneke has given us some stars, it is more about his level of experience, knowledge of the ever evolving modern game and his decent tactical know-how.

Besides, several of the Major stars in that 2013 team were first spottrd by Amuneke. Manu did his bit of discovery but Amuneke trumped him in that dept too.

Well, Amuneke failed to qualify his under 20 side to the world cup. Manu qualified his but failed at the WC.

As for the bolded, that is not necessarily true. Iheanacho, Awoniyi, Ezeh came from the under 15. Ndidi was not discovered by Amuneke. Isaac Success came for trials and was impressive. So who are the major stars discovered by Amuneke. Manu was the head coach, it is unfair to try to undermine that.

Manu has a good eye for talent but corruption was his major problem this year. Sub standard players were chosen because of money.

Amuneke also failed in Sudan before his Tanzania gig. At the AFCON, he showed that he still has a lot to learn.

Amuneke might be tactically better than Manu but he is far from super eagles level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
cheesy
Humility017:

grin

imama should the chancellor of school of carpentry and brick laying studies....Alloy Agu head of governing council.....

cc: darkeff
chriskels
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

External factors affected the U20 team of Nigeria in 2017. Most especially unpaid allowances to the player's for too long. Remember there was a strike before the leg the team was knocked off. Also the team played on a very poor pitch.

What you call tactical naivety is a big part of the possession game. It is something you keep working and correcting. Slips happen but with time it gels. The challenge is impatience.

At the end Amunike has the tactical Blueprint to have the team playing a good brand of football and nurturing him is the best way to go when it comes to having us playing with bravery and quality in the near future.

Which Nigerian team has not threatened strike before a match? Even Imama's side threatened to pull out of the under 23 AFCON. In Nigeria, that is not an excuse.

Amuneke was fired in Sudan too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Udo nwanne for spitting the truth.
tbaba1234:

Well, Amuneke failed to qualify his under 20 side to the world cup. Manu qualified his but failed at the WC.

As for the bolded, that is not necessarily true. Iheanacho, Awoniyi, Ezeh came from the under 15. Ndidi was not discovered by Amuneke. Isaac Success came for trials and was impressive. So who are the major stars discovered by Amuneke. Manu was the head coach, it is unfair to try to undermine that.

Manu has a good eye for talent but corruption was his major problem this year. Sub standard players were chosen because of money.

Amuneke also failed in Sudan before his Tanzania gig. At the AFCON, he should that he still has a lot to learn.

Amuneke might be tactically better than Manu but he is far from super eagles level.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes and it continues tomorrow. With CAF & FIFA to be involved via phone call live with former Minister of Sports- SOLOMON DALUNG to be in attendance as part of the Valid Evidence crew members

investigation indeed , with the worst sport minister giving evidence? What bullshit, DALUNG to give evidence of what he was trying to distory, cos of his failure to dip hands into fifa largness or what?

Then there is the player agent, who bribe his players into our national team, is it because he had fail to get headway with this present nff he is coming to give evidence, evidence of high handyness or what?

As krattose said, its dead on arrival

N.T: the said agent is Emma babayaro himsef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Which Nigerian team has not threatened strike before a match? Even Imama's side threatened to pull out of the under 23 AFCON. In Nigeria, that is not an excuse.

Amuneke was fired in Sudan too.

I did not say threaten strike. The team went on strike. As I said, this is a long term plan to grow into the role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
So, I went to Instagram to look for something (I don't remember what)

Then, I came across Efemoney's (yes, the ex-BBN winner turned struggling musician) page, where he posted a video of supposed Super Eagles players jamming to his song. When I watched the video, my first thought was "who be these ones?" Cuz I know I ain't ever seen these niggas in any Super Eagles game.....and then it clicked. It was the U23 Eagles.

Anyway, long story short.....I saw Orji Okonkwo, and WHATTTT??!!!! I'm in shock.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Oga nobody is painting JAMILU COLLINS bad or something but the Truth is-You cannot play 2 left full backs in a starting Eleven and so, He drops to the bench. After all, You equally admitted him to be average

About SIMON, IWOBI has proven again time without number that Club form or display does not necessarily translate to National Team success.

ONUACHU is another example of the opposite of IWOBI just like SIMON has been not in terms of Scoring Goals because they do not play in the same positional set up but in terms of National Team delivery and output given their number of caps already which equally doesn't imply that they have played the same number of Matches though but their degrees of Impact when on the field of play

Thanks and of course patient is virtue. But again, Some Players would always be on the bench since the number can never exceed 11

They are painting him bad bros

Who is the 2 left back in the starting 11?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Manu didn't face the problems Amuneke faced and when Manu got to New Zealand what the hell happened? He didn't use our best. That was the highest and most painful sabotage seen in our football in recent years.

And Amuneke have had more credits bringing talents to the notice of Nigerians via U-17 level than Manu has. That is a fact. Iheanacho and the likes did come from the U-13s/U-15s program but it was the likes of Amuneke who recommended a few of them at U-17 level. Remember he also went round the country picking some of these guys up while Manu also did some travellings.
Ugbade is not left out and is credited for being part of the few who spotted Ndidi.

Manu does have fine eye for talents but I insist Amuneke edges him in that dept. And as coaches, Amuneke edges him too.
Manu is yet to replicate the 2013 success he attained with Amuneke on his crew. In 2017, he failed... Now in 2019, he has failed again!

Amuneke easily replicated same success in 2015 and did so without the inputs of Manu Garba.

And ofcourse Amuneke has a lot to learn. The Afcon showed that but his stint with Tanzania as a whole showed what he can do with a team if given genuine support as he got during the Afcon qualifiers unlike what he got at the Afcon AND if also givem a team sprinkled with decent enough talents.

He is a young coach but he is one with high yield tactical knowledge and great potentials to become a true Mastermind of the modern game.

Amuneke may not be Super Eagles Head coaching material right now but he is far better than Imama Amapakabo and Kennedy Boboye put together and is decent enough to step in as Rohr's Tactical assistant. Heck! Amuneke is even better than Salisu Yusuf.

In time and in the longest run, Amuneke can become even more fitted to take over if we are being honest. This is about the long term and not about now.
But right now, truthfully Amuneke is better than Imama, better than Salisu and better than Boboye.. he can indeed be Rohr's tactical assistant right now even as he keeps growing into when he will be finally ready to take the reins in full.

tbaba1234:

Amuneke also failed in Sudan before his Tanzania gig. At the AFCON, he should that he still has a lot to learn.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I wonder what really make u guys believe Amunike will do wonder with the super eagles. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude should apply for jobs in the African continent and I believe his cv so far will attract one of this small African nations to hire him.

It doesn't make sense hiring him as the u23 coach or as an assistant to rohr, if I were him in will turn the offers down if am approached.

Finidi on his path should apply for the U17 job as the head coach or assistant. He needs to start from somewhere. Even my preference for the cadet team coach is uduka ugbade who have worked with Manu for a long time now

the bolded is another corrupt moffo

he is imama in disguise when you mention the under 17
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
safarigirl:
So, I went to Instagram to look for something (I don't remember what)

Then, I came across Efemoney's (yes, the ex-BBN winner turned struggling musician) page, where he posted a video of supposed Super Eagles players jamming to his song. When I watched the video, my first thought was "who be these ones?" Cuz I know I ain't ever seen this niggas in any Super Eagles game.....and then it clicked. It was the U23 Eagles.

Anyway, long story short.....I saw Orji Okonkwo, and WHATTTT??!!!! I'm in shock.

Bright Enokhabare and Orji.

Orji has grown up na!! Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
iSlayer:
Pochettino I think would have gotten the team back on track eventually. Great Coach. Sad to see him go.
and Basco was still making case for IMAMA, aigbogun and even Manu Garba. ..

he want us to retain this guys..... all over the world coaches are fired and there after hire them again....

if some like Pochettino can be fired why can't the 3 men named up there be asked to leave our cadet teams in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
komekn:

If he goes to Manchester United why will they be biased against him.

And l am sure you think he is better than Rashford.

If he cuts it he plays if he doesn't NUTTIN for him.

As far as ole is man united coach they might bench him, ole is british oriented

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
nice piece wink
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Oga nobody is painting JAMILU COLLINS bad or something but the Truth is-You cannot play 2 left full backs in a starting Eleven and so, He drops to the bench. After all, You equally admitted him to be average

About SIMON, IWOBI has proven again time without number that Club form or display does not necessarily translate to National Team success.

ONUACHU is another example of the opposite of IWOBI just like SIMON has been not in terms of Scoring Goals because they do not play in the same positional set up but in terms of National Team delivery and output given their number of caps already which equally doesn't imply that they have played the same number of Matches though but their degrees of Impact when on the field of play

Thanks and of course patient is virtue. But again, Some Players would always be on the bench since the number can never exceed 11

we don't have any above average natural left back in the SE .....and idowu is not an upgrade to collins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Bright Enokhabare and Orji.

Orji has grown up na!! Lol
no be small grow o.

See as e dey like who senior me, out of nowhere shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Manu didn't face the problems Amuneke faced and when Manu got to New Zealand what the hell happened? He didn't use our best. That was the highest and most painful sabotage seen in our football in recent years.

And Amuneke have had more credits bringing talents to the notice of Nigerians via U-17 level than Manu has. That is a fact. Iheanacho and the likes did come from the U-13s/U-15s program but it was the likes of Amuneke who recommended a few of them at U-17 level. Remember he also went round the country picking some of these guys up while Manu also did some travellings.
Ugbade is not left out and is credited for being part of the few who spotted Ndidi.

Manu does have fine eye for talents but I insist Amuneke edges him in that dept. And as coaches, Amuneke edges him too.
Manu is yet to replicate the 2013 success he attained with Amuneke on his crew. In 2017, he failed... Now in 2019, he has failed again!

Amuneke easily replicated same success in 2015 and did so without the inputs of Manu Garba.

And ofcourse Amuneke has a lot to learn. The Afcon showed that but his stint with Tanzania as a whole showed what he can do with a team if given genuine support as he got during the Afcon qualifiers unlike what he got at the Afcon AND if also givem a team sprinkled with decent enough talents.

He is a young coach but he is one with high yield tactical knowledge and great potentials to become a true Mastermind of the modern game.

Amuneke may not be Super Eagles Head coaching material right now but he is far better than Imama Amapakabo and Kennedy Boboye put together and is decent enough to step in as Rohr's Tactical assistant. Heck! Amuneke is even better than Salisu Yusuf.

In time and in the longest run, Amuneke can become even more fitted to take over if we are being honest. This is about the long term and not about now.
But right now, truthfully Amuneke is better than Imama, better than Salisu and better than Boboye.. he can indeed be Rohr's tactical assistant right now even as he keeps growing into when he will be finally ready to take the reins in full.

Most of the under 15 players tried out with the under 17. No one can be credited with discovering Iheanacho, Awoniyi and others apart from the under 15 coaches. Manu, Ugbade and Amuneke gave them the opportunity at under 17 level.

Manu has been heavily compromised since 2015 where he left the best players on the bench.

My fear with Amuneke is the same with most Nigerian coaches. Amuneke has some stories of corruption too.

No matter how tactically sound a coach is, if he starts to compromise values, we will have the same problems.

Finidi has worked mostly in Europe so perhaps his newness to the system might be helpful.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Sky sports, BR Football...... BT... It is everywhere... Elyte is right.

They wont make top 4, and they will return to where they belong, ungrateful club, watch how eriksen and harry kane will leave them

Na person like pochettino barca need but he will never coach barca
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Story. It does not work that way. There is a lot of bias and preference that goes with the English game.

Is Maguire a better defender than Soyuncu? I doubt but see how Soyuncu was a dishwasher and towel washer last season. Is John Evans better than him? But he did not have a sniff.

What about how Albrighton kept on getting a steady run while Ahmed Musa was playing junior football at Leicester City.

Victor Moses was posting repeated man of the match performances under Conte then with the snap of the fingers he was gone. You think that happens with cutting it?

Is Tominay a better footballer than Fred? But, he will get the nod over Fred any day. What is even helping the English league is the rise of foreign coaches, if not it would have been worse.

And Hudson Odoi was already starting ahead of better pulisic before lampard finally change things immediately and we all saw what pulisic is doing at chelsea right now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Icon4s:
So Zambia lost at home to Zimbabwe. Too bad. Nightmarish situation for them. No Olympics, no AFCON. And there goes their chances of raising another golden generation of players.

In other News Ethiopia beat The Ivorian Carpenters grin Chriskels where art thou grin

So the highly rated Enock Mwepu and patson daka who plays for salzburg who is better than all teams in turkish league could not help them get a draw grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yes naa... They gave them the spotlight at U-17 level and that is part of what I refer to as regards their discovery efforts in 2013. Without Ugbade (who is also corrupt) recommending an Ndidi (obviously discovered by some guy) to the crew, we may not see Ndidi today. Without some of Amuneke's recommendations too, we may not have seen the full composition of that 2013 team.

In 2015, Amuneke now took it further and brought to light even more beastly talents. Amuneke simply edges Garba here (as regards talents discovery). Garba gave us Igho Ogbu in the failed 2017 team who can rise and be better, and has now given us a young messi-like Amoo and Tijani in 2019 who I hope go on to be big stars for Nigeria. Manu is decent enough in talents discovery but Amuneke seems to hit the jackpot in bringing to light much more high yield super talents. This is part of my points. So in both talents discovery and coaching ability, Amuneke edges Garba without question.

Manu have indeed been compromised since 2015. That New Zealand experience was very painful. Amuneke is not without his links to corruption issues too but if I am pick between both, I know who I will go for. At least, Amuneke hasn't compromised a team selection like Manu has done so blatantly.

In all, your fears for Amuneke as regards corruption are understandable but again he is among the few high yield young coaches we have and can be better if shown enough support. The cases of corruption linked to Nigerian coaches is scary but we may just miss out on a possible answer right in front of us because of fears.... No coach is perfect. Even Rohr isn't.

Finidi's inputs will be welcome of course and I would love to have him work alongside Amuneke at youth level perhaps to build uo that experience on the African front.

tbaba1234:

Most of the under 15 players tried out with the under 17. No one can be credited with discovering Iheanacho, Awoniyi and others apart from the under 15 coaches. Manu, Ugbade and Amuneke gave them the opportunity at under 17 level.

Manu has been heavily compromised since 2015 where he left the best players on the bench.

My fear with Amuneke is the same with most Nigerian coaches. Amuneke has some stories of corruption too.

No matter how tactically sound a coach is, if he starts to compromise values, we will have the same problems.

Finidi has worked mostly in Europe so perhaps his newness to the system might be helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
seankafor:
if naija do am now. Na una go dey shout witch hunt upandan with agents making derogatory claims of how they refused to offer bribe for their clients to be considered
I don't think anyone would say that. How many people complained when Yak and Cele were sent home from AFCON for sneaking girls into their hotel rooms?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga go and sit down. Oshimeh is a super number 9 now but when he starts underperforming now u will be the first to curse the hell out of his life.

Super talented players do emerge out of the blues in football so there is nothing special with Amunike discovering oshimeh.

The likes of Kanu, Okocha, mikel, Martins, Oliseh, taribo west and a whole lot were all discovered by someone.

Discovering a player is commendable but it doesn't stop their. Hardwork, dedication and determination is needed for a player to enhance his talent to become the best in the world.

If oshimeh remained with wolfsburg till date or maybe ended up in one of the scandanavian league will you clamor for amunike's hiring as the super eagles coach?

Or other coaches that gave the likes of Kanu, and Jay Jay a chance in our youth teams should be offered the super eagles job on a platter of gold?

I dont think thesupernerd does insult a player when not performing

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
andrewbaba44:

All coaches have their ups and down okay

I am one of rohr biggest fan here but sorry he is not better than klinsman, you wanna use because he could not qualify usa for the world cup? you are funny

Okay croatia coach is better than Joachim low because joachim low germany was knocked out at the group stage at the world cup

Goal keeper job is to save, so i dont see how GK saving will define a coach, no b una dey complain for akpeyi, now you dey use keeper wey make 16 saves as example to critisize a coach

I know you will forget that klinsman have a world cup bronze medal

Bros please say something else abeg and remove your sentiment.
This isn't sentiment, Klinsmann is such a poor coach couldn't win Buli with Bayern either, your GK facing 16 shots means your defence is wack for the whole game you couldn't even tweak your formation to adjust things. Nobody should even mention that guy for our national team

(1) (2) (3) ... (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) (7728) (7729) (7730) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.