Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665508 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:
thank u bro
happy birthday my edo brother... I so much celebrate you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2019
ChrisKels:

BTW, talking about a faceless forum, u once told us u were an Italo born yet ur creche, nursery, primary, sec school and uni were in Imo State, please how did u manage to pull that off bro?

Humility been ask u Dis question the day u were advising someone to run away from Nigeria, but u dodge am
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2019
Anslem7:
Please, am new here
Can someone put me through
Please �
You are welcome and good to know that you are joining us in here.

I want to believe that you must have been addressed by a lot of people already and above all,

What you only need to do is continue to read on, like and share any comment that interest and impresses you.

You can equally click on the quote button to reply, respond or react to any and every other comment that interest you and attract your Fancy as well while clicking on the submit button to post your comment as a Nigerian football fan.

Better still, you can click on the reply button to express yourself and your interest to any other topic outside of this thread in addition to the points above already.

Once again, You are welcome and enjoy your stay on Nairaland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:
My birthday night life!. I thank God for life!!!
Happy Birthday Brother. Wishing you a very long Life and a happy returns in Life

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:

Happy birthday! God bless

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lelion: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2019
Rockyrascal:
So Daniel akpeyi won PSL player of the month for October ?
present form he is one of the best African goalkeepers. He should be second to only Onana Vincent of Ajax

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:

happy superb birthday mahn
keep flourishing bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chidonsky: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Icon4s:

Hmm...but come to think of it, are there really true friends in life?

Most people are just there because of what they stand to benefit.

You go down and they avoid you like a plague.
There are true friends but i can relate to what you just said.When you meet one you will understand because being a true friend comes with attributes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2019
lelion:
present form he is one of the best African goalkeepers. He should be second to only Onana Vincent of Ajax

Wow what a bold statement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2019
Koboko99:

Wolves has 8 Portuguese players if you add Jimenez and Boly that will make it 10 Portuguese sourced players. Benfica has 12 Portuguese players while FC Porto has 10.

Before coming here to say rubbish I think you should change your glasses when check wiki and go take extra maths lessons.

You are free to check the squad list.

When it's your favourites players in the championship you tell us how the championship is the highest rated second divsion in the world but for other players UEFA coefficient rating doesn't matter.

Yes, according to UEFA coefficient Partizan Belgrade is 71 while Glasgow Rangers is at 120. Kindly check the teams below Partizan Belgrade.That's an upgrade if you ask me.

I have assumed a certain level of understanding although the discourse is not academic at least you should understand basic analytics.

When you appraise you look at context and within context is the time and period limitations, that’s in the first instance. The second aspect is substance inference, what can be concluded from the substance of the notion, proposition and or substantive claim. Then you have strict subject discipline, but you then add all sorts of deviation.

What’s the central theme, unfair practices and preference for Portuguese players and the running of the club by proxy through Super-agent Mendes at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Within months of the take over of Wolves by Mendes and arrival of the Manager Nuno Wolves in Summer 2017, the club had more Portuguese sourced players than Benfica, Porto and Sporting. This is a traditional English club and within months the core identity had changed from English to Portuguese.

But in your quest to contend you put yourself up for question the mathematics +or- 1 is not the central theme but the notion of unfair practice.

But you are still wrong we are talking 2017/18 not 2019/20 season you jumped before you looked not wisdom. You bypass all the substantive facts to hold on to wind and fresh air. Three players Pedro, Ivan, Helder were all at Wolves at the time that’s pertinent 2018.

Nonetheless it’s not a numbers game. The notion is simple, its completely unfair even unethical practice thus the comparison that there are more Portuguese players in an English Championship club Wolves than the three top clubs of Portugal, even to have the same or comparable numbers is absurd.

Why else would Wolves be the subject of a serious investigation by the English FA for breach of rules However, you completely avoid these substantive facts and the deductions to be made with them. To hold on too superficial notions without substance.

What exactly is your purpose to learn or to content for contention sake or just to cast prejudiced based unfounded aspersions. Consider what you have written in bold and is that a reasonable deduction.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5991217/How-Wolves-Portuguese-players-Porto.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/08/wolves-complete-record-signing-ruben-neves-portugal-porto

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/19/jorge-mendes-wolves-influence-chinese-owners-signings

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolverhampton-now-many-portuguese-players-benfica-porto-sporting/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

What's my name doing in this? I never said that.

Actually no you did not, apologies .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2019
Hbd kellycute, remain blessed n favoured

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:

See how u just dey fresh dey go,how many girls don rush u today?

Happy Birthday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:

Happy birthday boss man. Wish you many more years of happiness

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2019
Nigeria international Victor Osimhen wants to end his playing career at former club Sporting Charleroi.

Osimhen was paid a surprise visit by officials of the Belgian First Division A club shortly after Lille's 2-0 loss to Ajax Amsterdam in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night.

Sporting Charleroi staff were at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy to watch the Nigerian in action against the Dutch opponents.

Osimhen became emotional when he saw his friends from Belgium and in his speech the most salient point he made was revealing that he would like to return to Sporting Charleroi before hanging up his boots.

''I don't know what to say, this is a big surprise. Thank you very much. Where I am today, I owe to every single one of you, I appreciate you all,'' Osimhen said to Sporting Charleroi TV

''Charleroi will be the club of my heart, I wish when I want to end my footballing career, I will end it in Charleroi of course. I thank you very much.

''You really removed shame in my eyes, I know what I've gone through in Belgium before I signed for your club and I remember the 10-minute talk we had in your office, you really changed my life forever.

''That's why every time I put on the Charleroi jersey I want to give everything. Even when I am not there I watch every single game, I don't miss any and I support you all even when I am in Lille. ''

Osimhen tallied 20 goals in 36 appearances for Sporting Charleroi while on loan from Wolfsburg during the 2018-2019 season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2019
forgiveness:

When last did any Scottish team play in the UEFA Championship league? The Serbia league representative played there last season and is currently in the group stage this season.

Don't forget a Serbian club beat the current UEFA Champions 2 goals to nut last season. Can any Scottish team do that currently?

Partizan has only lost to Manchester United in the group. The other two games ended victorious and in draw. Nothing like generally poor as you portrayed. The same Partizan reached the round of 32 in the Europa League two seasons ago. When last did Rangers crossed the group stage? About 7 or 8 season ago?

The UEFA coefficient rating that placed Partizan ahead of Rangers is an indication of both teams performance in Europe.

If I go by your comment without going into full details, then Sadiq has played 122 games, scored 71 goals and assisted 25 times in the last 6 years. How about that?

Forgiveness, Forgiveness Forgiveness how many times I call your name

Chei you Fall my hand no be small ❓

The UEFA COEFFICIENTS are an aggregate of European games over period it may be 10 years. It's academic at best but fat from conclusive.

Using the UEFA club coefficients FK Partizan is rated 72. Using that same coefficient Maccabi Haifa is 87 and Wolves, Burnley, Everton, Southampton and WestHam are ranked 88 to 92.

Because the assessment is based on European football competition and performance not league. These Epl clubs hardly ever play in Europe so they are ranked much lower than Partizan.

So according to you then Partizan is better than these EPL clubs LOL shocked shocked shocked. do you truly believe that ❓ I DON'T THINK SO.

I gave you a structured framework to make an informed decision but you didn't.

But NO SHAKIN, NUTTIN spoil.

I always say HERE and NOW.

If you look at the UEFA website with regards to club rankings there is a column CURRENT SEASON.

I have attached some screenshots for you to peruse. But you suppose know naa.

Now can you say which club is better as yoi drink one shine shine boy to klear your head.

Rangers or Partizan

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Good ebening sacked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Emery has been sacked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Interesting November:

Pochettino sacked on November 19.

Unai "Ebening" Emery sacked on November 29. Tbaba, Icon4s, Edi and other Arsenal faithfuls in here should be glad perhaps... grin

Forgiveness and Komekn on opposite sides of an argument.... Wow.

Darkelf, now Blueelf unleashed the "Carpentry Unit" of World Football.

#CrazyNovember. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Nigeria international Victor Osimhen wants to end his playing career at former club Sporting Charleroi.

Osimhen was paid a surprise visit by officials of the Belgian First Division A club shortly after Lille's 2-0 loss to Ajax Amsterdam in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night.

Sporting Charleroi staff were at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy to watch the Nigerian in action against the Dutch opponents.

Osimhen became emotional when he saw his friends from Belgium and in his speech the most salient point he made was revealing that he would like to return to Sporting Charleroi before hanging up his boots.

''I don't know what to say, this is a big surprise. Thank you very much. Where I am today, I owe to every single one of you, I appreciate you all,'' Osimhen said to Sporting Charleroi TV

''Charleroi will be the club of my heart, I wish when I want to end my footballing career, I will end it in Charleroi of course. I thank you very much.

''You really removed shame in my eyes, I know what I've gone through in Belgium before I signed for your club and I remember the 10-minute talk we had in your office, you really changed my life forever.

''That's why every time I put on the Charleroi jersey I want to give everything. Even when I am not there I watch every single game, I don't miss any and I support you all even when I am in Lille. ''

Osimhen tallied 20 goals in 36 appearances for Sporting Charleroi while on loan from Wolfsburg during the 2018-2019 season.

Best young striker in the world. His character is the most impressive asset he has and that is saying alot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Best young striker in the world. His character is the most impressive asset he has and that is saying alot.

Salzburg fans would say Haaland is the best young striker in the world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2019
Blueelf:

Salzburg fans would say Haaland is the best young striker in the world

Statistically he is the best young striker in the world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Interesting November:

Unai "Ebening" Emery sacked on November 29. Tbaba, Icon4s, Edi and other Arsenal faithfuls in here should be glad perhaps... grin

#CrazyNovember. cheesy

Very weird, I checked to see if my eyes were deceiving me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Interesting November:

#CrazyNovember. cheesy

Why not, when I dun open him eyes? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2019
Happy birthday Kellycute. More wins bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Why are u dodging Chriskels question??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
Just saw this somehwere

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Just as I suggested, after watching Jamil Collins give sub par performances, consistently in the GWG, Rohr has heed my advice, hence contacted Chima Okoroji.

German-Nigerian Left Back Okoroji Courted By Rohr As Alternative To Jamilu Collins

Reports in Germany suggest that coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has made contact with on loan Freiburg left fullback Chima Okoroji.

Rohr has not been too impressed with the performance of Jamilu Collins lately and even dropped the Paderborn defender for the Super Eagles 4-2 win away to Lesotho in the AFCON 2021 Qualifiers.

Although Ola Aina impressed in the role, the coach is keen on having a left footed player in that role hence his quest to get more options and Okoroji is high on priority list ahead of the next international round of games in March.

22 year old Chima was born in Germany to Nigerian parents but hasn’t played for the country of his birth at any level which means he won’t be needing any sort of approval from FIFA to play for Nigeria.

This season he has enjoyed regular run of games at second division side SSV Jahn Regensburg where he is on loan from Freiburg and just like Collins, Rohr want to introduce him to the senior national team setup despite playing in the German second division.

Already contacts have been made after extensive scouting and it’s believed that the defender is also keen on playing for Nigeria as it represents his surest route to play international football for now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
ChrisKels:
Just as I suggested, after watching Jamil Collins give sub par performances, consistently in the GWG, Rohr has heed my advice, hence contacted Chima Okoroji.

German-Nigerian Left Back Okoroji Courted By Rohr As Alternative To Jamilu Collins

Reports in Germany suggest that coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has made contact with on loan Freiburg left fullback Chima Okoroji.

Rohr has not been too impressed with the performance of Jamilu Collins lately and even dropped the Paderborn defender for the Super Eagles 4-2 win away to Lesotho in the AFCON 2021 Qualifiers.

Although Ola Aina impressed in the role, the coach is keen on having a left footed player in that role hence his quest to get more options and Okoroji is high on priority list ahead of the next international round of games in March.

22 year old Chima was born in Germany to Nigerian parents but hasn’t played for the country of his birth at any level which means he won’t be needing any sort of approval from FIFA to play for Nigeria.

This season he has enjoyed regular run of games at second division side SSV Jahn Regensburg where he is on loan from Freiburg and just like Collins, Rohr want to introduce him to the senior national team setup despite playing in the German second division.

Already contacts have been made after extensive scouting and it’s believed that the defender is also keen on playing for Nigeria as it represents his surest route to play international football for now.
I approve this prospect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
Reminder: the draw for the 2022 world cup qualifier 2nd round takes place on January 7th 2020 ..

Unless CAF are planning to use a different method or there is a change in the FIFA ranking before January,here is the likely seeding...

Pot1

* Senegal

*Tunisia

*Nigeria

*Algeria

*Morocco

*Ghana

*Egypt

*Cameroon

*Mali

*DR Congo

Pot 2

* Burkina Faso

*Ivory Coast

*South Africa

*Guinea

*Uganda

* Cape Verde

*Gabon

*Benin

*Zambia

* Congo

Pot 3

* Madagascar

*Mauritania

*Libya

* Mozambique

*Kenya

*Central Africa Republic

*Zimbabwe

*Niger

*Namibia

Guinea Bissau

Pot 4

*Malawi

* Angola

*Togo

*Sudan

* Rwanda

*Tanzania

*E. Guinea

* Ethiopia

*Liberia

* Djibouti

Its not official!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
Danielnino00:
Reminder: the draw for the 2022 world cup qualifier 2nd round takes place on January 7th 2020 ..

Unless CAF are planning to use a different method or there is a change in the FIFA ranking before January,here is the likely seeding...

Pot1

* Senegal

*Tunisia

*Nigeria

*Algeria

*Morocco

*Ghana

*Egypt

*Cameroon

*Mali

*DR Congo

Pot 2

* Burkina Faso

*Ivory Coast

*South Africa

*Guinea

*Uganda

* Cape Verde

*Gabon

*Benin

*Zambia

* Congo

Pot 3

* Madagascar

*Mauritania

*Libya

* Mozambique

*Kenya

*Central Africa Republic

*Zimbabwe

*Niger

*Namibia

Guinea Bissau

Pot 4

*Malawi

* Angola

*Togo

*Sudan

* Rwanda

*Tanzania

*E. Guinea

* Ethiopia

*Liberia

* Djibouti

Its not official!!

Best possible draw for Nigeria

-Nigeria

-Gabon

- Namibia

- Djibouti

Worst possible draw

-Nigeria

- Ivory coast

- Zimbabwe

- Sudan

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.