Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669296 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:
My birthday night life!. I thank God for life!!!
happy birthday man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
safarigirl:
I approve this prospect
Yea I knew u were gonna love the news for one particular reason grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
happy birthday Kellycute .. more blessings...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
ChrisKels:

Yea I knew u were gonna love the news for one particular reason grin
this is a highly unflattering picture

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
safarigirl:

There was a post on Quora where one stated that she cannot imagine birthing a male child because she sees men as beasts and she can not bring a beast into the world.

On the same thread, some others were agreeing with her, see testimonies of women aborting their own babies because they were boys. One said she can't find it in her heart to love her son the way she loves her daughter, and imagines he will grow up and rape a girl.

The same mentally unstable people kept saying, "My husband is different though, I have worked on him......"

I did not know if I should pity the poor boys these witches were aborting and abusing, or the husbands they must have successfully emasculated and stripped of their sense of self.
chiso for real?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
Icon4s:

Hmm...but come to think of it, are there really true friends in life?

Most people are just there because of what they stand to benefit.

You go down and they avoid you like a plague.
that's just the way it is. I actually invited some guys to chill with me but they cancelled and I was like OK..... No shaking, atleast I invite una so I fit eat my money in peace. Most Nigerians don't like to chill with you when you are doing better than them cos everything is competition to them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
Blueelf:
Happy birthday Kellycute

Enjoy your day to the fullest. Worry not, Your future is secured in God's hands smiley
amen bro. Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
Humility017:

happy birthday my edo brother...
I so much celebrate you
epa dormor sir. Uwese!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
simiife:

See how u just dey fresh dey go,how many girls don rush u today?

Happy Birthday.
I Don repent! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
kellycute:
I Don repent! grin
Lol when I grow up, I go like repent like u oo grin

Not even an Ethiopian, Kenyan or Ugandan babe just for today? hmmm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
Wow. I am so badass

I knifed a kid on the playground and then beat up the knife. angry

Cc Odunayaw, eartquake1, thesuoernerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
safarigirl:
Emery has been sacked

Wao! Great News.

We GUNNERS are the happiest people on Earth today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
Danielnino00:
Reminder: the draw for the 2022 world cup qualifier 2nd round takes place on January 7th 2020 ..

Unless CAF are planning to use a different method or there is a change in the FIFA ranking before January,here is the likely seeding...

Pot1

* Senegal

*Tunisia

*Nigeria

*Algeria

*Morocco

*Ghana

*Egypt

*Cameroon

*Mali

*DR Congo

Pot 2

* Burkina Faso

*Ivory Coast

*South Africa

*Guinea

*Uganda

* Cape Verde

*Gabon

*Benin

*Zambia

* Congo

Pot 3

* Madagascar

*Mauritania

*Libya

* Mozambique

*Kenya

*Central Africa Republic

*Zimbabwe

*Niger

*Namibia

Guinea Bissau

Pot 4

*Malawi

* Angola

*Togo

*Sudan

* Rwanda

*Tanzania

*E. Guinea

* Ethiopia

*Liberia

* Djibouti

Its not official!!
This Ivory Coast mumu, why will they be outside top 10? If we end up getting them it will be very tricky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
ChrisKels:
Just as I suggested, after watching Jamil Collins give sub par performances, consistently in the GWG, Rohr has heed my advice, hence contacted Chima Okoroji.

German-Nigerian Left Back Okoroji Courted By Rohr As Alternative To Jamilu Collins

Reports in Germany suggest that coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has made contact with on loan Freiburg left fullback Chima Okoroji.

Rohr has not been too impressed with the performance of Jamilu Collins lately and even dropped the Paderborn defender for the Super Eagles 4-2 win away to Lesotho in the AFCON 2021 Qualifiers.

Although Ola Aina impressed in the role, the coach is keen on having a left footed player in that role hence his quest to get more options and Okoroji is high on priority list ahead of the next international round of games in March.

22 year old Chima was born in Germany to Nigerian parents but hasn’t played for the country of his birth at any level which means he won’t be needing any sort of approval from FIFA to play for Nigeria.

This season he has enjoyed regular run of games at second division side SSV Jahn Regensburg where he is on loan from Freiburg and just like Collins, Rohr want to introduce him to the senior national team setup despite playing in the German second division.

Already contacts have been made after extensive scouting and it’s believed that the defender is also keen on playing for Nigeria as it represents his surest route to play international football for now.

How far Chriskels, is he better offensively?.

Not that I'm criticizing him but I just wanted to know if you've seen any of his matches before. Any improvement on Jamilu is highly welcome at this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
Kbs468:

Wao! Great News.

We GUNNERS are the happiest people on Earth today.

Who art thou gunning for now?

Pochettino or Enrique?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yea from the little I read about him online he is described as a modern day left back with attacking traits. He has like 2-3 assist so far this season with a goal
Blueelf:

How far Chriskels, is he better offensively?.

Not that I'm criticizing him but I just wanted to know if you've seen any of his matches before. Any improvement on Jamilu is highly welcome at this time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Danielnino00:
Reminder: the draw for the 2022 world cup qualifier 2nd round takes place on January 7th 2020 ..

Unless CAF are planning to use a different method or there is a change in the FIFA ranking before January,here is the likely seeding...

Pot1

* Senegal

*Tunisia

*Nigeria

*Algeria

*Morocco

*Ghana

*Egypt

*Cameroon

*Mali

*DR Congo

Pot 2

* Burkina Faso

*Ivory Coast

*South Africa

*Guinea

*Uganda

* Cape Verde

*Gabon

*Benin

*Zambia

* Congo

Pot 3

* Madagascar

*Mauritania

*Libya

* Mozambique

*Kenya

*Central Africa Republic

*Zimbabwe

*Niger

*Namibia

Guinea Bissau

Pot 4

*Malawi

* Angola

*Togo

*Sudan

* Rwanda

*Tanzania

*E. Guinea

* Ethiopia

*Liberia

* Djibouti

Its not official!!

What of Nigeria, SA, Madagascar, Zambia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Yea from the little I read about him online he is described as a modern day left back with attacking traits. He has like 2-3 assist so far this season with a goal

Nice one. Can't wait to see him I'm action then.

We've had enough display of Russian and ancient Germanic carpentry at the left back position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
He has 1 assist and a goal this season so far. Disregard the figures I posted earlier
Blueelf:

Nice one. Can't wait to see him I'm action then.

We've had enough display of Russian and ancient Germanic carpentry at the left back position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Blueelf:

Who art thou gunning for now?

Pochettino or Enrique?
For now

Freddie Ljungberg appointed interim head coach.

So let's see how things turn out to be at the Emirates for now actually.

Modified

About 7 managers are being approached and sacking statement reads

JOSH KROENKE said: “Our most sincere thanks go to Unai and his colleagues who were unrelenting in their efforts to get the club back to competing at the level we all expect and demand. We wish Unai and his team nothing but future success.”

The club statement added: “The decision has been taken due to results and performances not being at the level required.

“We have asked Freddie Ljungberg to take responsibility for the first team as interim head coach. We have full confidence in Freddie to take us forward.

“The search for a new head coach is underway and we will make a further announcement when that process is complete.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
My Birthday mate! flex dey go jare blessings bro

kellycute:
My birthday night life!. I thank God for life!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zayyadidris(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
He has 1 assist and a goal this season so far. Disregard the figures I posted earlier
The question is, can he do better than Collins against an intense and physical African country?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
So, Arsenal fans on Twitter keep parading this picture of Ljunberg to brag about their new coach

Let's hope his tactical skills are as impressive as his package

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
So why is NFF ignoring the trio na?
forgiveness:
Hmm! Saka is a very good player though this is not the first time seeing him play. He will be a very good addition to the team.

Tiago Ilori played CB for Sporting Lisbon today and from what I saw, he will be a very good addition to the team. I wonder why NFF or Rohr never tried to approach him until now.

I saw a little bit of Adekanye in first half for Lazio though I didn't know he was the one until I saw he assisted on Livescore.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
Home Nigeria
Nigeria
Super Eagles Make Giant Leap In Latest FIFA Ranking After Back To Back AFCON 2021 Qualifiers Win
November 28, 201902122

The Super Eagles of Nigeria have moved up the ladder in the latest FIFA Ranking for the month of October released by the world soccer governing body earlier today.

Nigeria moved from 35th position to 31st in the world moving up by four places thanks largely to the back to back AFCON 2021 Qualifiers win. Nigeria defeated Benin Republic 2-1 before seeing off Lesotho 4-2 and both wins have catapulted them to their placement in years.

However the country is still third in Africa behind Senegal who are the highest ranked African nation in placed 20th in the world and Tunisia who are 27th in the global ranking with African Champions Algeria rated below Nigeria in 35th position.

Morocco is ranked 43rd in the world and fifth in Africa with Ghana the sixth best placed Africa nation as they are ranked 47th in the world. Egypt in 51 position, Cameroon in 53rd, Mali in 56th position alongside Congo DR completes the list of top ten ranked African countries.

Globally, Belgium still remained the number one team in the world with World champions France in second position. Brazil, England and Uruguay complete the list of top five ranked football nations by FIFA for October.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Breaking – Son Of DSS Boss Abba Bichi Signs For Spanish Laliga Giants Valencia
November 29, 20190216

A member of the Nigeria U17 team to the recently concluded 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup Abba Bichi has signed a one year deal with option of a further two years with Spanish Laliga side Valencia, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Bichi will join the U18 team of the the Laliga side from where his progress will determine if he will be promoted to the first team ‎and that will trigger a three years extension.

The inclusion of Bichi in the Nigeria U17 team for the championship caused an uproar in Nigeria with many of the opinion that his father who is the head of the Nigeria security attached to the president Yusuf Bichi Magaji influenced his selection in the team.

At the tournament proper the player didn’t get to play any game as Nigeria crashed out of the round of 16 to the surprise of many who have tipped the five times champions for the title base on their past antecedents.

In an exclusive chat with Opera News Hub in Abuja, an elated Bichi confirmed the move and termed it as a dream come true to develop his game in Spain and he hopes that he will progress in the country known for her sublime football talents.

“It is a good thing to sign for Valencia. I feel happy and proud because finally I can have one of the most advanced football community right in my door step and I can develop my game tremendously,” Bichi said.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
I Don’t Know Why He Is Not In The Nigeria National Team – Heerenveen Coach Aims Dig At Rohr Over Ejuke
November 29, 201901058

Johnny Jansen the coach of Dutch side Heerenveen says he is at lost as to why Chidera Ejuke the talisman in his team is not in the senior national team of Nigeria owing to his performances this season.

Ejuke joined the Dutch side from Valerenga in the summer and he has turned out to be an instant hit with the team by finding the back of the net six times in 14 league games this season aside several man of the match award.

Jensen while speaking ahead of their game against Vitesse said he is surprised that the 21 year old wasn’t invited by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria during the recently concluded international break.

He however confirmed that he was called up to the Nigeria U23 team for the Africa U23 Cup of Nations but the timing of the tournament made it impossible for them to release the wing forward who has completed more dribbles than any other player in the Dutch Eredivisie this season.

” I was surprised that he didn’t get a call up to the main team of Nigeria. You have to ask the coach why because he did enough to get a look in. However we rejected the chance for him to join the Nigeria U23 team because the timing of the tournament wasn’t best for both parties. He will no doubt become a senior international in the nearest future “, he concluded.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
Komekn when I come UK I go like make we go stadium watch one of ur boys

komekn:

Actually no you did not, apologies .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
Musa should take a rest for now until he is back in top form.
quickberry2:
I Don’t Know Why He Is Not In The Nigeria National Team – Heerenveen Coach Aims Dig At Rohr Over Ejuke
November 29, 201901058

Johnny Jansen the coach of Dutch side Heerenveen says he is at lost as to why Chidera Ejuke the talisman in his team is not in the senior national team of Nigeria owing to his performances this season.

Ejuke joined the Dutch side from Valerenga in the summer and he has turned out to be an instant hit with the team by finding the back of the net six times in 14 league games this season aside several man of the match award.

Jensen while speaking ahead of their game against Vitesse said he is surprised that the 21 year old wasn’t invited by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria during the recently concluded international break.

He however confirmed that he was called up to the Nigeria U23 team for the Africa U23 Cup of Nations but the timing of the tournament made it impossible for them to release the wing forward who has completed more dribbles than any other player in the Dutch Eredivisie this season.

” I was surprised that he didn’t get a call up to the main team of Nigeria. You have to ask the coach why because he did enough to get a look in. However we rejected the chance for him to join the Nigeria U23 team because the timing of the tournament wasn’t best for both parties. He will no doubt become a senior international in the nearest future “, he concluded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
quickberry2:
November 29, 201901058

Where are those geniuses that said he was never invited?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
quickberry2:
Breaking – Son Of DSS Boss Abba Bichi Signs For Spanish Laliga Giants Valencia
November 29, 20190216

A member of the Nigeria U17 team to the recently concluded 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup Abba Bichi has signed a one year deal with option of a further two years with Spanish Laliga side Valencia, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Bichi will join the U18 team of the the Laliga side from where his progress will determine if he will be promoted to the first team ‎and that will trigger a three years extension.

The inclusion of Bichi in the Nigeria U17 team for the championship caused an uproar in Nigeria with many of the opinion that his father who is the head of the Nigeria security attached to the president Yusuf Bichi Magaji influenced his selection in the team.

At the tournament proper the player didn’t get to play any game as Nigeria crashed out of the round of 16 to the surprise of many who have tipped the five times champions for the title base on their past antecedents.

In an exclusive chat with Opera News Hub in Abuja, an elated Bichi confirmed the move and termed it as a dream come true to develop his game in Spain and he hopes that he will progress in the country known for her sublime football talents.

“It is a good thing to sign for Valencia. I feel happy and proud because finally I can have one of the most advanced football community right in my door step and I can develop my game tremendously,” Bichi said.

I just felt like this lad was treated unfairly especially by the media. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), damagnificentusb(m), Joezinho, humility33(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.