Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682236 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
when Onyekuru was scoring goals with that bottom feed team with a forgettable name in Spain, he was getting accolades, so, is it not impressive that Dessers is scoring goals with a team with a forgettable name in a league with Ajax and Eindhoven?

It is this same league that United got Depay from once upon a time, una no just want gree for this Dessers matter.

I have nothing against dessers madam

Go and follow all my post about dessers

My point is that dessers will not make the Belgium national team from Heracles ,it’s either you take it or leave it

What are you even saying ,yes man you got Depay from the same league but is it a small club like Heracles ? Depay was playing for one of the best club in holland which is psv

Don’t come and make it look like I even said dessers can’t join a big club from Heracles

My point is that if he chooses to play for Belgium he won’t be called and it’s simple

If this same guy didn’t choose to play for naija Na una go still talk how e no go ever make Belgium team ,Lol

So because I am saying dessers won’t make the Belgium team means I am not giving him the accolades ? Lol

Abeg say something else

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

Dessers has 15 goal contributions this season, Origi has three

Statistically Dessers is the highest performing Belgian striker behind Lukaku and the Dutch league is not far away from the Italian league

Modified : The Dutch league is better than the Italian league in the current Uefa coefficient
Origi is playing in a more competitive league and competing with one of the best strikers in the world in Firmino. Oh and he has 3 goals in 4 starts.
As for the coefficient rankings, we all know Serie A is better than Eredivisie. It has 3 ucl spots. Eredivisie is higher because they perform better in the europa league which Serie A teams mostly don't take seriously.
No coach is picking Dessers over Origi. Origi is better... Simple as that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

It is not wise to argue with a person when you have no facts, no substantive data, no analytics on your argument and no circumstantial probability.

Otherwise you will fail comprehensively.

LOL

And you believe what you said had facts and figures lol

This players stand to gain playing for Nigeria as they would playing for an European country.. It is all down to personal quality... Shikenan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

My point is that dessers will not make the Belgium national team from Heracles ,it’s either you take it or leave it

What are you even saying ,yes man you got Depay from the same league but is it a small club like Heracles ? Depay was playing for one of the best club in holland which is psv

Don’t come and make it look like I even said dessers can’t join a big club from Heracles

My point is that if he chooses to play for Belgium he won’t be called and it’s simple

If this same guy didn’t choose to play for naija Na una go still talk how e no go ever make Belgium team ,Lol

So because I am saying dessers won’t make the Belgium team means I am not giving him the accolades ? Lol

Abeg say something else
Exactly. Lukaku and Origi are the first two options. Dessers can't get ahead of those two.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

By what unit of measurement.

The Eredivisie is considerably lower than La Liga, EPL and Bundesliga.

You cannot equate perfomances in the Eredivisie with the top leagues in Europe.

Finally, look at the Belguim national team the vast majority of thier players do not play in Belgium.

He is not on the same level of Origi or Batshuayi to name just a few.

They still have about 8 players from the Belgian league

If a Benteke can be invited and given game time.. Y don't Dessers

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/belgien-team/em-qualifikation-2019-2020/2/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2019
edi287:

Exactly. Lukaku and Origi are the first two options. Dessers can't get ahead of those two.

Roberto Martinez will call and off form benteke than someone from Heracles

It’s just like saying gernot rohr should have taken a striker from a lower league to the World Cup than iheanacho thet didn’t score much in that World Cup Epl season ,that’s how Martinez sees it

Martinez never call players finish for club brugge and co Na Heracles e wan call player from ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2019
ILLICITblood:

They still have about 8 players from the Belgian league

If a Benteke can be invited and given game time.. Y don't Dessers

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/belgien-team/em-qualifikation-2019-2020/2/
Roberto Martinez won’t do such

Before an off form benteke was invited dessers was banging goals already

Maybe if dessers was playing for Ajax or a bigger league then they might look him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:03am On Dec 06, 2019
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:

- Odion Ighalo

2. NPFL player of the Year:

- Mfon Udoh

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Francis Uzoho

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year

- Victor Osimhen

8. Most improved player (2019):

- Ola Aina

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):

- Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:

- Cyriel Dessers

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Chiamaka Nnadozie

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:

- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year:

- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Agreed

Na because say the guy wan play for us make am talk say e go work into the belgium team

But if to say the guy no wan play for us he will say other wise which is the truth

Dessers wont walk into any belgium team abeg

On present form

He will walk into Belgium team

not the starting eleven surely

But he will make the squad at least

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2019
ILLICITblood:

On present form

He will walk into Belgium team

not the starting eleven surely

But he will make the squad at least

Roberto Martinez won’t call someone who plays for Heracles

It’s simple and clear

You guys don’t wanna understand that

Make umar sadiq score 25 league goals and make iheanacho just score only 3 Epl goals

I can bet that rohr will go for iheanacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:08am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Abeg say something else

Where did I say you had something against him? I just said una no wan gree for the matter, I never said you have something against him oga.

My own point has nothing to do with him making Belgian team, if you notice, I did not quote you concerning his invite to the Belgian team, I quoted you about his goal scoring this season and whether Batshuayi is better this season(I no even argue Origi).

All these ones you wrote no concern me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:09am On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:

Where did I say you had something against him? I just said una no wan gree for the matter, I never said you have something against him oga.

My own point has nothing to do with him making Belgian team, if you notice, I did not quote you concerning his invite to the Belgian team, I quoted you about his goal scoring this season and whether Batshuayi is better this season(I no even argue Origi).

All these ones you wrote no concern me

Concerning his stats this season

He has better stats than the both you mentioned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2019
edi287:

who said he will get an invite ahead of Lukaku and Origi? Una don dey change talk. Lukaku was never even part of the argument.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 8:13am On Dec 06, 2019
Rohr Disagrees With Pinnick On Ebere Eze, Switch Target To Ovie Ejaria

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr isn’t on the same page with the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick on the need to lure QPR midfielder Ebere Eze to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

While Pinnick is keen on having Eze play for the senior national team of Nigeria ahead of England where he is now a player of their U-21 team same can’t be said about Rohr who isn’t entirely convinced by the ability of the 20 year old.

Rohr instead has his sight on Ovie Ejaria, the former Nigeria U17 trainee who is on loan to English Championship side Reading from UEFA Champions League defending champions Liverpool, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

According to findings by our editorial team, the coach has already established contact with the 20 year old who he feels will add something different to the Super Eagles midfield unlike Eze who tends to go missing without the ball.

Ejaria has been scouted by the coach and talks will be held with the forward after the busy festive period in England although it is believed that Ejaria who won the 2017 Under-20 World Cup with England is keen on switching allegiance to Nigeria.

Source: OGN

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 06, 2019
- Wilfred Ndidi

-

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Odion Ighalo

- Victor Osimhen

- Samuel Chukwueze

- Cyriel Dessers

11. Super Falcons Player of the year
- Azeezat Oshoala

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin republic (Qualifier)

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:16am On Dec 06, 2019
Full List of Nominees:

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- Ola Aina

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Ola Aina

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Azeezat Oshoala

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Roberto Martinez won’t call someone who plays for Heracles

It’s simple and clear

You guys don’t wanna understand that

Make umar sadiq score 25 league goals and make iheanacho just score only 3 Epl goals

I can bet that rohr will go for iheanacho

It seems You and Martinez do break bread and discuss players selection every Sunday

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:21am On Dec 06, 2019
ILLICITblood:

It seems You and Martinez do break bread and discuss players selection every Sunday

You don’t know Roberto Martinez

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Legitnews247(m): 8:25am On Dec 06, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You don’t know Roberto Martinez

And you do?

Well whether he will start or not

A very good player turned down the chance of playing for the number one football playing nation in the world for Us

It's worth praising the dude

According to our insider Financial analyst, He turned down the opportunity of earning millions in dollars for endorsement with TOM TOM and ABA shoes and wears

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2019
Full List of Nominees:

- Odion Ighalo

2. NPFL player of the year
- Theophilus Afelokhai

- Joe Ayodele Aribo
- Daniel Akpeyi

- Ola Aina

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Ola Aina

- Victor Osimhen

Cyriel Dessers

- Azeezat Oshoala

- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year
- The Super Falcons

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2019
ILLICITblood:

And you do?

Well whether he will start or not

A very good player turned down the chance of playing for the number one football playing nation in the world for Us

It's worth praising the dude

According to our insider Financial analyst, He turned down the opportunity of earning millions in dollars for endorsement with TOM TOM and ABA shoes and wears

I have always praised the dude ,if you check my post earlier today you will see that

My point is that If he has chosen Belgium he won’t make the team while playing for Heracles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2019
Abusule007:

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr isn’t on the same page with the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick on the need to lure QPR midfielder Ebere Eze to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

While Pinnick is keen on having Eze play for the senior national team of Nigeria ahead of England where he is now a player of their U-21 team same can’t be said about Rohr who isn’t entirely convinced by the ability of the 20 year old.

Rohr instead has his sight on Ovie Ejaria, the former Nigeria U17 trainee who is on loan to English Championship side Reading from UEFA Champions League defending champions Liverpool, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

According to findings by our editorial team, the coach has already established contact with the 20 year old who he feels will add something different to the Super Eagles midfield unlike Eze who tends to go missing without the ball.

Ejaria has been scouted by the coach and talks will be held with the forward after the busy festive period in England although it is believed that Ejaria who won the 2017 Under-20 World Cup with England is keen on switching allegiance to Nigeria.

Nice one. Not time to waste time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2019
kingphilip:
I was thinking the voting should be done in a new thread just like the previous years. It makes it easy to assess both for the committee members and new members who might want to see how the process went.

It will be easier to direct people to the new thread for the awards than this.

My 2cents though.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.

I understand your point bro but the thing is it is difficult directing People to another thread.

This is the thread most visited. We can easily track the votes by the mentions.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
who said he will get an invite ahead of Lukaku and Origi? Una don dey change talk. Lukaku was never even part of the argument.
I'm just saying the who he'd be behind if he picks Belgium...Eartquake1 said he'd be the most inform striker minus Lukaku.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:31am On Dec 06, 2019
DrKlever:
Full List of Nominees:

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- Ola Aina

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Ola Aina

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Azeezat Oshoala

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness,
Icon4s not copied here. Please copy all Committee members for ease of collation of votes. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2019
mostob:

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Daniel Akpeyi

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Chidozie Awaziem

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- The Super Eagles

cc icon4s

Please 'cc' all Committee members. If u don't know them all. Please copy the list from others who have voted. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:34am On Dec 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Statistically, foxsports said their top five centre backs so far in the championship are; Chey Dunkley, Derrick Williams, Semi Ajayi, Matty Pearson and Shaun Hutchinson.

Surprisedly, there is no place for Wednesday's supposed rave of the moment, Doms Iorfa, in the top 40

Going back to your assertion and claim.

You said, Semi Ajayi has won the most MOTM, players of the month, the most stats and he is the best CB in the Championship.

Now look at what you are underpinning your hugely conclusive claim upon.

First of who uses Fox sports a USA media outfit.

Only you, but even then it's very weak they name him among the five top performing CB's in Championship. But you don't even give it credence with a date.

Do you truly think you have truly substantiated your position. I think you have presented your opinion. Which you are entitled too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:36am On Dec 06, 2019
Abusule007:

Both Ejaria and Eze would be solid additions to the team. Let's get Ejaria now and worry about Eze later.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2019
START VOTING NOW!

NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS 2019

Vote for only one player in each award category by simply mentioning ONLY the name of that player under the category. Eg:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Xxxxx Xxxxxx.
You may quote/copy and edit this post to make it an easier process for you.

PLEASE COPY THE MONIKERS COPIED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Voting Closes on the 16th of December, 2019 @ 6PM (Nig Time)

Full List of Nominees:

- Victor Osimhen
- Odion Ighalo
- Wilfred Ndidi

- Ifeanyi Anaemena
- Mfon Udoh
- Theophilus Afelokhai

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure
- Maduka Okoye

- Francis Uzoho
- Daniel Akpeyi
- Maduka Okoye

- William Troost-Ekong
- Kenneth Omeruo
- Ola Aina

- Wilfred Ndidi
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Alex Iwobi

- Odion Ighalo
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

- Victor Osimhen
- Ola Aina
- Chidozie Awaziem

- Francis Uzoho
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

-Eberechi Ezeh
- Cyriel Dessers
- Ovie Edjaria

- Chiamaka Nnadozie
- Azeezat Oshoala
- Francisca Ordega

- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly)
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

- Osimhen for Chukwueze versus Lesotho ( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON)

- The Super Falcons
- The Super Eagles
- The Golden Eaglets

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I have always praised the dude ,if you check my post earlier today you will see that

My point is that If he has chosen Belgium he won’t make the team while playing for Heracles

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2019
Starboytwo:
I actually don't hate the guy...

Omanbala could be right about some players being more luckier than others... I hope he prove us wrong then... I wish him well... But truly " time nor dey"... nd na 9ja we dey, we know as he dey go..

Football is entirely about OPPORTUNITY first.

Some players just didn't get the OPPORTUNITY there are many players in Nigeria if given the OPPORTUNITY will make some of these guys people praise here look like amateurs. But unfortunately they didn't get the opportunity some were even denied opportunity.

You can have all the talent but without Opportunity it will come to NOTHING this is the harsh reality.

This is why l always say OPPORTUNITY must be clearly justified and deserved in a clear objective measured and transparent way.

People need to understand opportunity is everything. If Osimhen had stayed at Wolfsburg what would have become of him. Eberechi Eze was released 3 years ago by Millwall he was on his way back to college and working in supermarket. Then he got an opportunity at QPR the rest is history.

However, some players get opportunity but do nothing positive with it. So there is the other dimension SEIZING THE OPPORTUNITY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), comodo, chrisooblog, Longneck and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.