Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665486 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mujtahida:

The unspoken and underlying point is that once you do not fancy a player, you will go to heaven and hell to look for your so called 'objective stats' to prove that the player is no good or not good enough.

In doing this you use different metrics: if such a player is playing for a lower league, you will automatically tar him black

When it's pointed out to you that though this player is in a Lower league, he's the most outstanding (which is one of your criteria) you'd say that league is low compared to the Bundesliga, EPL and La Liga.

If such Iheanacho is invited (then oo) and Ighalo or Martins (players you like) you'd query it. When it's pointed out to you that Iheanacho is scoring goals in the EPL, you'd say but Ighalo has proved himself in the EPL too. When you are shown that by your own formula it is the here and now that matters you'd wriggle your way out.

If the player performs in La Liga or EPL or Bundesliga you will still find something to discredit him.

It's a lost cause arguing with you but many don't know it that's why they still engage you. Me never!

Lol.
Confirmed.
The above summarizes Komekn activity on this thread.
Indeed, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
make una take am easy on komekn abeg
Clementoke:

Lol.
Confirmed.
The above summarizes Komekn activity on this thread.
Indeed, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i pity tammy and tomori

Tammy will survive...he's a good player and good enuf for Chelsea wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i pity tammy and tomori
I think Tammy is safe, Tomori, on the other hand....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
the chelsea i know will sign players like mad in the next 2 transfer windows
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
CAS has lifted the transfer ban on Chelsea. They will now be allowed to buy players as early as January 2020

The run was great for some of the players, but Lampard has £150 million to splurge and some players gotta go
Time to shop for a striker and flush all our shitty defenders kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the chelsea i know will sign players like mad in the next 2 transfer windows

Let den sign whoever dey want to sign...Tammy will still remain d first choice striker @ least for dis season..its a no brainer,2nd highest goal scorer behind hardy can't b displaced easily

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
One cap Super Eagles forward Josh Maja has earned praise from his teammate at Ligue 1 side Bordeaux Laurent Koscielny after scoring a hattrick in their 6-0 thrashing of Nimes on Tuesday.

Maja who is now Bordeaux joint top scorer on five goals this season can even do more according to Koscielny as the hattrick will no doubt boost his confidence in subsequent games.

“It’s great for him and his confidence. You can feel that he’s starting to settle in and it’s bearing fruit. He works hard in front of goal, and he was rewarded,” said the ex-Arsenal man of Maja, who joined Bordeaux from Sunderland on a four-and-a-half year deal last January.

A January signing from Sunderland, the 20 year old who is signed on a four and half year deal still need to improve on some aspect of his game according to the former Arsenal captain : ” He still needs to improve in his reading of the game, but he has the right attitude to learn and try to do things well”.

He is expected to keep his spot in the team despite the return of Jimmy Briand whose absence made it possible for Maja to get a look in as he has been out injured since Week 14 in the Ligue 1 where he was injured in the 2-1 win over Monaco.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
i am making reference to the future haba! you be tammy agent?
elyte89:

Let den sign whoever dey want to sign...Tammy will still remain d first choice striker @ least for dis season..its a no brainer,2nd highest goal scorer behind hardy can't b displaced easily
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i am making reference to the future haba! you be tammy agent?

Yes I b Tammy agent...even in d future nobody can displace him...not even a lewadonski

Come and arrest me,I dey House undecided smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
Leicester City have responded to an inquiry from Barcelona for their Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi by offering the 22 year old the offer of a pay rise, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Ndidi signed a new deal in the summer of 2018 keeping him at the club till 2024 meaning the club is in no way under pressure to lose the Nigeria international ‎but there are fears that he could get his head turned by the interest from the Laliga giants.

In a bid to keep the midfielder settled the club plan to give him a pay rise on his current salary which stands around £55,000 a week. They could offer him as high as £70,000 a week to keep him settled.

Barcelona have reportedly inquired about the midfielder who is well known to coach Ernesto Valverde who isn’t entirely satisfied with the lack of steel in his midfield despite the big money signing of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax last summer.

Representatives of Ndidi will in the coming days meet with the club to thrash out the terms of the pay rise which will likely not affected the duration of his contract but will no doubt solidify the grip the Foxes have on the midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Icon4s:

Please 'cc' all Committee members. If u don't know them all. Please copy the list from others who have voted. Thanks
done sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
Exclusive – Leicester City Offer Ndidi Pay Rise To Ward Off Interest From Barcelona
December 6, 20190215

Leicester City have responded to an inquiry from Barcelona for their Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi by offering the 22 year old the offer of a pay rise, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Ndidi signed a new deal in the summer of 2018 keeping him at the club till 2024 meaning the club is in no way under pressure to lose the Nigeria international ‎but there are fears that he could get his head turned by the interest from the Laliga giants.

In a bid to keep the midfielder settled the club plan to give him a pay rise on his current salary which stands around £55,000 a week. They could offer him as high as £70,000 a week to keep him settled.

Barcelona have reportedly inquired about the midfielder who is well known to coach Ernesto Valverde who isn’t entirely satisfied with the lack of steel in his midfield despite the big money signing of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax last summer.

Representatives of Ndidi will in the coming days meet with the club to thrash out the terms of the pay rise which will likely not affected the duration of his contract but will no doubt solidify the grip the Foxes have on the midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
Henry Onyekuru Demoted To Monaco B Team Playing In France 4th Division After Failing To Impress
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
chrisooblog:
apart from ekong don't forget tyronne ebuehi who played for modest den haag in holland. after playing in the world cup for nigeria boom transfer to benfica

I no say una go talk this one

How many game ebuehi play for world cup? lol

Someone that was already bound to leave Ado den haag

Even your best player at the world cup rushed to sign for stoke city, e no even let tournament end, e no wan hear story

We didnt see any offer for etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

When it comes to attitude, I think Arsenal now have the worst behaved fans. I wonder which top coach will want to come into such toxic environment.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
ebuehi signed a pre-contract with benfica before the world cup

Thank you

Am sure others wont say this

I dey wonder how many games ebuehi play for world cup

Even etebo rush join stoke, e no wan hear any story
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
- Odion Ighalo

2. NPFL player of the Year:
- Ifeanyi Anaemena

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Daniel Akpeyi

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Victor Osimhen

8. Most improved player (2019):
- Ola Aina

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
- Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:
- Cyriel Dessers

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Azeezat Oshoala

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)

13. Best assist of the Year:
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
men what a fall from grace. going from being allegedly wanted by bayern to french 4th division. January window can't come soon enough for henry. find it puzzling though how he has completely fallen out of favour at Monaco. could it be attitude problems on henry's part cus most clubs will always give players time to adjust not to completely cast you aside barely 3 months after spending good money for you

charlesemeka85:
Henry Onyekuru Demoted To Monaco B Team Playing In France 4th Division After Failing To Impress
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
unicorn79:

Is Tammy's position in danger? grin

I no say you dey joke sha

Tammy is 1st class in that team already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
1. Nigerian Player Year:

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe ayodele aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- William Troost-Ekong

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Odion Ighalo

- Chidozie Awaziem

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)

13. Best assist of the Year:

4. National Team of the Year:

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2019
elyte89:

Both will

If Tomori keeps his head down and works hard enough to become the undisputed brat in the position, he'll be the best. As for me, I wish both of them the very best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
DrKlever:

Time to shop for a striker and flush all our shitty defenders kiss

Your CBs are okay

Chelsea shouldn't act like the prodigal son who frittered away his inheritance on nonsense. If you don't buy wise, you'll suffer for it like Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers second season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mujtahida:

How does size of the strikers affect their combination? Enlighten me
Rashidi and Amokachi were both big and combined well.

Gbam

Thesupernerd please enlighten us. Maybe, we might learn something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
yes but super eagles helped put him in the spotlight. when you a full international for a country it definitely boosts your sale. England that insist you must have played 75% of recent matches for your national team before you can qualify for a work permit you think they don't know what they are doing? ebeuhi is talented and is very possible he would have eventually left den haag but you cannot also authoritatively dismiss his being a nigerian international did not help

andrewbaba44:

I no say una go talk this one

How many game ebuehi play for world cup? lol

Someone that was already bound to leave Ado den haag

Even your best player at the world cup rushed to sign for stoke city, e no even let tournament end, e no wan hear story

We didnt see any offer for etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

You should ask Martinez and the Belguim FA not me. They have never ever invited him and don't consider his exploits good enough for the Belguim national team.

Dessers IMO is not on the level of Batshuayi or Origi.

Both players are in top clubs which means that they are not always first choice. Girou hasnt played much but he is still in the French team.

When Batshuayi went on loan to the Bundesliga look at how he tore it up. What do you think will happen if you put Origi and Batshuayi in the Eredivisie

Lukaku was not getting game time in Chelsea but was still in the Belguim team. Lukaku goes on loan and rips the EPL.

You're sense of reasoning is way beyond me.

You are effectively saying that we should bring the highest goal scorer in the NPFL to the SE because he has the most goals.
if it's kelechi you will say something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
elyte89:

Lol they will say they pity tammy because he didnt play for naija, but if na naija player watch how some of them will say nobody will bench him

In his mind my guy knows nothing will happen to tammy, 11 epl goals in 14 games no be beans o

Tammy will likely score 20 goals at worst

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Italian Serie A club Cagliari are interested in signing Super Eagles hopeful Cyriel Dessers in the January transfer window, according to reports emanating from the Italian media.

Webmagazine24.it says Cagliari legend Andrea Cossu has returned to Italy with glowing reports about the Heracles Almelo goal poacher after a scouting trip to the Netherlands and has recommended that the striker should be acquired by The Rossoblu.

Dessers is in the form of his life and equaled the best half of a season in his professional career when he bagged a brace in last weekend's league match against ADO Den Haag.

Cagliari are in the market for a striker with the misfiring Alberto Cerri linked with a departure from the club in the winter transfer market.

The Sardinia based outfit are the surprise package of the Serie A so far this season, occupying the fourth position in the table with 28 points from 14 matches.

Dessers joined Heracles Almelo in July 2019 and is contracted to the club until the end of the 2021-2022 season.

The 24-year-old recently committed his international future to Nigeria over his country of birth, Belgium.

Let him be patient and play a full season first

I still maintain that I see dessers in Ajax if he continues this fine form till the end of the season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

Put Origi and Batshuayi in the lowly Eredivisie what do you think will happen.

Origi maybe but I doubt about Batshuayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

Pinnick should put his personal convictions aside and go with the coach on his choice of selections

Exactly. That's why Rohr was hired as the COACH
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi

- Ifeanyi Anaemena

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- William Troost-Ekong

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Victor Osimhen

- Ola Aina

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the year

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
chrisooblog:
yes but super eagles helped put him in the spotlight. when you a full international for a country it definitely boosts your sale. England that insist you must have played 75% of recent matches for your national team before you can qualify for a work permit you think they don't know what they are doing? ebeuhi is talented and is very possible he would have eventually left den haag but you cannot also authoritatively dismiss his being a nigerian international did not help

The 75 percent of national teams games doesnt apply to big national teams its mostly africans and others small european nations, it doesnt even apply to special talents

Iheanacho hasnt play 10 percent of national team games before epl debut, ndidi hasnt play 10 percent of naija games before joining leicester

Isaac success hasnt done so too, if you are good you are good jare, dem go buy you put you as special talent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Joebie and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.