Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668594 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) (7891) (7892) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It is not about size. It is about the attributes of both strikers. Rashidi was an all out number 9. Amokachi was more of a support striker. That is why both could work in fine synergy.

Osimhen and Dessers will only work if one of them (likely Osimhen) functions as the striker that plays off the other one more. Like a Support striker. This is why I say Dessers may or may not combine with Osimhen. If both combine as all out number 9s, they could get into each other's paths.

In a Big Striker/ Small striker combo, it is obvious what each brings with their attributes. The Big striker serves as the target man who the small striker serves as roaming striker. One supports, the other plays as the all out 9. One plays off the other. So it is about attributes and not size when I mention such combo.

Now, I think I understand you better.

However, I prefer someone else to Musa. Musa isn't a smart (brainy) player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Leicester City have responded to an inquiry from Barcelona for their Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi by offering the 22 year old the offer of a pay rise, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Ndidi signed a new deal in the summer of 2018 keeping him at the club till 2024 meaning the club is in no way under pressure to lose the Nigeria international ‎but there are fears that he could get his head turned by the interest from the Laliga giants.

In a bid to keep the midfielder settled the club plan to give him a pay rise on his current salary which stands around £55,000 a week. They could offer him as high as £70,000 a week to keep him settled.

Barcelona have reportedly inquired about the midfielder who is well known to coach Ernesto Valverde who isn’t entirely satisfied with the lack of steel in his midfield despite the big money signing of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax last summer.

Representatives of Ndidi will in the coming days meet with the club to thrash out the terms of the pay rise which will likely not affected the duration of his contract but will no doubt solidify the grip the Foxes have on the midfielder.

I don't mind this move for Ndisi

Because I know that he will not be benched. Then the whole world will see his talent and stop underrating him. I can't wait for him to bully Casemiro. Also, he will improve on his forward passing with Barca. A good move on all fronts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Henry Onyekuru Demoted To Monaco B Team Playing In France 4th Division After Failing To Impress

He should just leave this club.It seems the coach doesn't fancy him. This same useless Monaco made Tielemans look like a flop. Abeg he should just leave

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
Blueelf:

I don't mind this move for Ndisi

Because I know that he will not be benched. Then the whole world will see his talent and stop underrating him. I can't wait for him to bully Casemiro. Also, he will improve on his forward passing with Barca. A good move on all fronts
elf, abeg wetin be the time of Anthony Joshua vs ruiz for 9ja time...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
he will be joining galatasaray in in january on 1 and half year loan deal
Olulong:

He should just leave this club.It seems the coach doesn't fancy him. This same useless Monaco made Tielemans look like a flop. Abeg he should just leave

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
he is with the german youth team for now. very talented and highly rated in german football circles. it will be a tough one to get him change allegiance to us
Blueelf:

Good numbers

Does he star for the senior team (at least sometimes)?

Does he want to play for Naija in the future?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
Full List of Nominees:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi

2. NPFL player of the Year:
- Ifeanyi Anaemena

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Francis Uzoho

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Victor Osimhen

8. Most improved player (2019):
- Ola Aina

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
- Victor Osimhen

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:
- Cyriel Dessers

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Chiamaka Nnadozie

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year:
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
what exactly is quiet and discreet commitment? And if NFF has not gone after people making commitments from ghe rooftop, why should they have been chasing quiet and discreet commitments?

Quiet and discreet like say dem dey shame to identify with the country.

You once said to me that you were given accolades for your knowledge and understanding of football.

What's l notice are different socio cultural dynamics at play here.

In general you don't invite yourself to the national team. That's just the acceptable norm,considering that these boys have grown up with these norms. It is not acceptable for you to call the NFF or any football association and say select me.

What you can do is make discreet soundings to say express your willingness.

So once again I'm lost by your sense of understanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
Victor Osim-Goal starts (as usual) for Lille vs Brest in Ligue 1. A chance to increase his Ligue 1 goals tally?

Time will tell.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
List of Nominees:

- Odion Ighalo

- Ifeanyi Anaemena

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Odion Ighalo

- Victor Osimhen

- Samuel Chukwueze

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)

-

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

Sturridge is in the Turkish league what has he done?

Sturridge is effectively retired injury has rendered him impotent. So he has gone to the easy money and tax relief retirement league in Turkey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

This is to remind you that Iheanacho has one more assist than Bastuayi despite playing fewer minutes

So?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

Sturridge is effectively retired injury has rendered him impotent. So he has gone to the easy money and tax relief retirement league in Turkey.

You have no point I thought he would be scoring 30 Goals by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Humility017:

with this post of yours...do you think Sadiq Umar was given enough opportunity in RANGERS....

Yes absolutely 100% without one iota of doubt.

Go back and read several substantive posts on the subject.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2019

- Odion Ighalo

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Francis Uzoho

- Ola Aina

- Alex Iwobi

- Odion Ighalo

- Ola Aina

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

- The Super Eagles

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mujtahida:

The unspoken and underlying point is that once you do not fancy a player, you will go to heaven and hell to look for your so called 'objective stats' to prove that the player is no good or not good enough.

In doing this you use different metrics: if such a player is playing for a lower league, you will automatically tar him black

When it's pointed out to you that though this player is in a Lower league, he's the most outstanding (which is one of your criteria) you'd say that league is low compared to the Bundesliga, EPL and La Liga.

If such a player let's say Iheanacho is invited (then oo) and Ighalo or Martins (players you like) don't get invited you'd query it. When it's pointed out to you that Iheanacho is scoring goals in the EPL, you'd say but Ighalo has proven himself in the EPL too. When you are shown that by your own formula, it is the here and now that matters, you'd still wriggle your way out. Smart Warri man abi

If the player performs in La Liga or EPL or Bundesliga you will still find something to discredit him.

It's a lost cause arguing with you but many don't know it that's why they still engage you. Me never!

You just want to argue.

What's the main context the Belguim national team .

Look at the players that the Belguim national team can call upon. Apart from Ndidi and that's not an absolute who in the Nigerian team can walk into the Belguim team.

So stop muddling up the discourse with irrelevance. Don't twist the issues and mix them them up.

If you are confused l am not.

Dessers is absolutely outstanding in his league and club but not outstanding enough for the Belguim team.

100% without doubt Dessers should be invited to the SE he may even displace Victor and become numero one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mujtahida:

Same way you don't rate many players until they start blowing hot.

Having followed football for quite sometime I know that there's evolution in the professional trajectory of players.

Almost all the big stars start with small clubs and work their way up. Sometimes they stagnate just as Henry did at Juve and blew up in the EPL. Mo Salah had a round about journey to his present status. The dynamics is just too fine for one to reach conclusions so easily.

As a fan what I look for is the quality. If a player combines good quality with discipline and dedication to his craft, it's just a matter of time. Once the quality is there never dismiss a player, don't snuck up your nose and gloat and laugh hoo-ha. Just watch.

Your proposition is lopsided and elementary observation.

Football is like a big highway some coming up and some going down.

Football is about the HERE and NOW today's flop cam be tomorrow star and today's star can be tomorrow flop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

You just want to argue.

What's the main context the Belguim national team .

Look at the players that the Belguim national team can call upon. Apart from Ndidi and that's not an absolute who in the Nigerian team can walk into the Belguim team.

So stop muddling up the discourse with irrelevance. Don't twist the issues and mix them them up.

If you are confused l am not.

Dessers is absolutely outstanding in his league and club but not outstanding enough for the Belguim team.

100% without doubt Dessers should be invited to the SE he may even displace Victor and become numero one.
and he may not become numero one in Belgium
well-done sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Clementoke:

Lol.
Confirmed.
The above summarizes Komekn activity on this thread.
Indeed, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

You should go and look at my responses.

Your comments summarise the powers of your deduction, very limited and one sided.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
the man sneakily ignored the Haaland part, because it defeats his entire argument.

I been no wan mention his oversight

Lawyers should be concise and pay attention to detail.

Haaland is a Norwegian player.

The core subject is the Belguim team and Dessers failure to get a national team call up.

What's Haaland got to do with anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
dessers will make Belgium squad 25 man list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

Lawyers should be concise and pay attention to detail.

Haaland is a Norwegian player.

The core subject is the Belguim team and Dessers failure to get a national team call up.

What's Haaland got to do with anything.

all this because he does not play in England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
CAS has lifted the transfer ban on Chelsea. They will now be allowed to buy players as early as January 2020

The run was great for some of the players, but Lampard has £150 million to splurge and some players gotta go

According to you that means that Tammy will be going back to the Championship.

I remember you with real emotive sentiment based prejudice said he is only good for the Championship in q derogatory sense and nothing else.

Have you forgotten.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
jihday:
So we should have capped him when he was struggling?

Struggling ❓ Please tell us when he was struggling.

You have said it not me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
Igbekeme? is he still playing or injured have not hear his name for a while

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

According to you that means that Tammy will be going back to the Championship.

I remember you with real emotive sentiment based prejudice said he is only good for the Championship in q derogatory sense and nothing else.

Have you forgotten.
dessers is better than Tammy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

You have no point I thought he would be scoring 30 Goals by now

Why would you think that.

He has been carrying and managing injury for near three seasons. He is a shadow of his former self.

Even on loan at WBA he was dead, Liverpool just kept him on for respect and appreciation.

He has now gone to where he can have it very easy, the retirement league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
maidaboi:
and he may not become numero one in Belgium
well-done sir

Absolutely correct.

That's why the haven't even bothered calling him.

I think you are carrying it to the point of being ludicrous. Because a player can be numero one for Nigeria does not mean he can be numero one for Belguim.

We are simply not on the same level as Belguim it seems you haven’t noticed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
maidaboi:
Igbekeme?
is he still playing or injured
have not hear his name for a while

Cc tbaba wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
maidaboi:
dessers is better than Tammy

Well done very balanced and objective based analysis.

I can see Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Chelsea all fighting to get him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
Remember when such great clubs like Ashdod, Maccabi Haifa, Hapoel Telaviv, Valerenga, Academica Du Coimbra etc were the prominent names in every eagles' list released to prosecute a match?

Chai all thanks to...? Bkus that era seems to be our past now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

Your proposition is lopsided and elementary observation.

Football is like a big highway some coming up and some going down.

Football is about the HERE and NOW today's flop cam be tomorrow star and today's star can be tomorrow flop.✓✓✓

At the marked, yet u wanted us to invite Oviemuno when he committed(was struggling)??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) (7891) (7892) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, ddone and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.