Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745764 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7924) (7925) (7926) (7927) (7928) (7929) (7930) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
darkelf:

Yea, I said this on an earlier thread

Efe is big and strong and punches hard too

He has good reach as well and seems smart in the ring.

I want him to fight Dubois. That's another upcoming talent. Legend has it that he beat AJ in sparring

Frank Warren will not throw Dubois in against Ajagba. Dubois will keep fighting bricklayers till he finds a path to a world title.

I think Dubois will beat Ajagba though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

He is not ready for such a challenge. He has several things to improve.

He is ready. He shouldn't stay in Belgium any longer unless he will digress.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He is ready. He shouldn't stay in Belgium any longer unless he will digress.

I will prefer a move to France first to continue his development before a big premier league move.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

Frank Warren will not throw Dubois in against Ajagba. Dubois will keep fighting bricklayers till he finds a path to a world title.

I think Dubois will beat Ajagba though.

How are you so sure?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
darkelf:

How are you so sure?

I am not sure. That is just my prediction. Dubois is faster than Ajagba.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
it is finished!!!! A minute silence for arsenal.... I really really hope we rise again.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Watching this arsenal team is depressing. They need help seriously
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrisooblog:
if it was last season i would have agreed with all you said in your first paragraph but the KC i saw yesterday is quite agile now plus his pace has always been decent. however i agree with you that his best position is still as a support striker or in the hole behind the main attacker.

The wings will limit his goal scoring abilities

Exactly!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

I will prefer a move to France first to continue his development before a big premier league move.
That you prefer a move to France doesn't mean he isn't ready. I think he has the mentality to thrive in the premier league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Leicester City and Manchester United linked with Champions League striker

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-dennis-3624434
its not yet the time for such moves please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr and his employers - the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have opened another chapter of contention over player's selection.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has been making effort to convince Queens Park Rangers midfielder Eberechi Eze to pledge his international allegiance to Nigeria.

While that effort has not yielded a result, Rohr has sighted someone else, a midfielder, who could easily agree to play for the Super Eagles.

His name is Ovie Ejaria, signed to Liverpool, but currently on loan at Reading.

The 22-year-old midfielder who is valued at £1m has shown versatility under Mark Bowen at the Madejski Stadium and Rohr is keen to add the Liverpool player to his squad.

“He’s (Ovie Ejaria) a good player no doubt and I will prefer him in the team now than the player (Eberechi Eze) the Federation are in talks with,” Rohr revealed.

“We will contact him and know what must be done to make him play for us. He is a better player than Eze.

“My fears are if we start chasing him in the media, England may join the race and it could be difficult.”

Pinnick met with Eze in London last month in a bid to lure the 21-year-old to switch allegiance to Nigeria but he requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rockyrascal:
its not yet the time for such moves please.

But e no go die for belgium league nah

I was sure many said so of ndidi from playing from Genk as a 19 years old to Leicester first team

Just tell me that dennis will not start at leicester, but i hope you dont mean its too early for him to move to the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
andrewbaba44:

But e no go die for belgium league nah

I was sure many said so of ndidi from playing from Genk as a 19 years old to Leicester first team

Just tell me that dennis will not start at leicester, but i hope you dont mean its too early for him to move to the epl
ndidi came as a replacement. but if Bonaventure make a move to either Leceister or Manchester United, he will have to struggle for playing time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rockyrascal:
ndidi came as a replacement. but if Bonaventure make a move to either Leceister or Manchester United, he will have to struggle for playing time.

Ndidi was at leicester city and after 6 months there where many options like namplays mendy, iborra, ndidi really gave a fight

Yes i know dennis wont start at Leicester or man united, you are right about that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
I hope iheanacho ends up scoring more epl goals than nicolas pepe at the end of the season

Pepe should score 12 epl goals unless i will confirm him a flop for this season

Some arsenal fans here wont have it easy with me, especially those ones that usually diss iwobi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
mostob:
it is finished!!!!
A minute silence for arsenal.... I really really hope we rise again.

But they are winning nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
andrewbaba44:

But they are winning nah
i made that post before they score. Thank God,they resurrect at last.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
andrewbaba44:
I hope iheanacho ends up scoring more epl goals than nicolas pepe at the end of the season

Pepe should score 12 epl goals unless i will confirm him a flop for this season

Some arsenal fans here wont have it easy with me, especially those ones that usually diss iwobi
Iwobi 's transfer still dey pain me. See better player wey we dash Everton. Imagine ,Ozil got injured,who will replace him if not Iwobi. He was our best chance creator both when Ozil was available and unavailable. In fact , since his departure, Kola the Bodyguard have been playing rubbish. we miss Iwobi die.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
mostob:
i made that post before they score. Thank God,they resurrect at last.

I know, but you where too quick to judge sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
mostob:
Iwobi 's transfer still dey pain me. See better player wey we dash Everton. Imagine ,Ozil got injured,who will replace him if not Iwobi. He was our best chance creator both when Ozil was available and unavailable. In fact , since his departure, Kola the Bodyguard have been playing rubbish. we miss Iwobi die.

Agreed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zayyadidris(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
With what I just saw there is no way Anthony Joshua can win deontay wilder. Absolutely no way, let him better respect himself and just avoid him for now.!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:13am On Dec 10, 2019
zayyadidris:
With what I just saw there is no way Anthony Joshua can win deontay wilder. Absolutely no way, let him better respect himself and just avoid him for now.!!

Lol

Make dem fight first nah

No go surprise if e go win oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:54am On Dec 10, 2019
Joebie:
**Top in Clean Sheets (NPFL)**
UPDATED:
5 - Emmanuel Daniel (Lobi Stars)
4 - Sharp Uzoigwe (FC Ifeanyi Ubah)

Same Emmanuel Daniel at Rio 2016??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:11am On Dec 10, 2019
yes na

junnyjake:

Same Emmanuel Daniel at Rio 2016??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14am On Dec 10, 2019
this looks like an OGN news.. let me check.

modified
I was wrong. So what's the source?

charlesemeka85:
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr and his employers - the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have opened another chapter of contention over player's selection.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has been making effort to convince Queens Park Rangers midfielder Eberechi Eze to pledge his international allegiance to Nigeria.

While that effort has not yielded a result, Rohr has sighted someone else, a midfielder, who could easily agree to play for the Super Eagles.

His name is Ovie Ejaria, signed to Liverpool, but currently on loan at Reading.

The 22-year-old midfielder who is valued at £1m has shown versatility under Mark Bowen at the Madejski Stadium and Rohr is keen to add the Liverpool player to his squad.

“He’s (Ovie Ejaria) a good player no doubt and I will prefer him in the team now than the player (Eberechi Eze) the Federation are in talks with,” Rohr revealed.

“We will contact him and know what must be done to make him play for us. He is a better player than Eze.

“My fears are if we start chasing him in the media, England may join the race and it could be difficult.”

Pinnick met with Eze in London last month in a bid to lure the 21-year-old to switch allegiance to Nigeria but he requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:27am On Dec 10, 2019
stew
Joebie:
this looks like an OGN news.. let me check.

modified
I was wrong. So what's the source?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2019
Dessers’ Nigerian dream intact but harsh reality beckons

By Toby Prince

Monday
Background Image: Turing92, CC-BY-3.0

Cyriel Dessers is on course to fulfil a childhood dream of representing Nigeria instead of Belgium at international level. However, the 24-year-old Eredivisie top scorer risks extinction afterwards. He must tread carefully.

It isn't novel anymore for the Nigerian FA to poach players with any link whatsoever to the country. By birth, paternal or maternal, they hunt those perceived to possess exceptional traits, like hunters going all out for animals’ rhino horn. There's no limit to their desperation.

England is the primary target. Colonial ties and the Premier League's razzmatazz appeals. As any major tournament arrives, a British-breed is targeted. Camberwell-born Joe Aribo is the latest to fall prey.

Semi Ajayi, Ola Aina, Josh Maja and Alex Iwobi were the other one-time English prodigies that featured alongside the Glasgow Rangers midfielder on his debut against Ukraine in October. Jamilu Collins (Germany), William Troost-Ekong (Netherlands) and Anderson Esiti (Portugal) make it octet of ‘foreign mercenaries’.

As deplorable as it may seem, the system is yielding dividend. More and more Nigerian stars in the diaspora are showing interest to don the green and white jersey. In the current Super Eagles roster, there is about 11 eligible for other nations. Cyriel Dessers rounds it to a dozen.

Born in Leuven to a Belgian father, the 24-year-old qualifies for Nigeria through his mother. His Super Eagles path is cleared by his uncapped status for The Red Devils at any level. For Dessers, his motherland was always the first choice even though the obvious competition in Roberto Martinez's team contributed.

It took Dessers a ton of blood, sweat, and tears to get Nigeria's attention. He’s toiled in the fringes of the lower leagues, from Belgium to the Netherlands before reaching the elite class. His 61 goals and 25 assists in the last three years for NAC Breda, FC Utrecht and Heracles Almelo hastened the process.

Soar Super Eagles

SSE_NGA

Cyriel Dessers �:

"There's already been contact with the NFF. After the match against ADO Den Haag (last Saturday), an official from Nigeria sent me a message that I was doing well.

"But it's not going to be easy for me there either -

Dessers began his career at OH Leuven in his neighbourhood but made a solitary senior appearance. City rivals Lokeren gave him a fresh start in 2014. There he enjoyed regular football, hitting seven goals in 40 appearances across two seasons.

Dessers’ real poachers qualities came to the fore after crossing the border to the Netherlands in 2016. At second-tier Breda, he buried 29 goals in 40 matches, helping them secure promotion. He, however, elected to have his first feel of Eredivisie elsewhere – Utrecht. Two seasons at Stadion Galgenwaard yielded 19 goals.

Despite finishing sixth last season, Dessers ditched Utrecht for Almelo. He must be glad he did. With 11 goals, the 24-year-old is the division's top marksman. An additional five assists mean the soon-to-be capped Super Eagle is involved in over 55 per cent of Heracles’ 29 strikes. He was named the league's November Player of the Month after scoring six goals and producing three assists.

Dessers bears all the hallmarks of the archetypal goal-getter. Headers, scrappy follow-ups, 20-yard drives straight out of the top drawer, he notches them all. Standing at 6'1", he possesses a similar physique to Lille's Victor Osimhen. While not blessed with abundant pace like the 19-year-old, he doesn't relinquish possession without a fight.

Without a doubt, Dessers would be a great addition to a young and exciting Nigerian bunch. Although Osimhen already locked down the solitary starting berth in the attack, Gernot Rohr could do with extra firepower from the bench. Regular backup Paul Onuachu hasn't quite been up to the task.

Dessers, though, might be caught up in Rohr's experimental web, especially in the final third. For every Iwobi success story, there is a Maja yet to click. For Aina, a certain Tyrone Ebuehi was sacrificed. While a Brian Idowu had to make way for Collins. It doesn't always follow the plot.

Rohr is notorious for inviting players and not capping them. Sometimes, he ceases to extend invitation after just two matches. Ndifreke Udo, David Okereke, Maja, Peter Olayinka, Emmanuel Dennis are just a few victims with barely an hour of international football among them.

Dessers could be next. Beware, you're warned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:15am On Dec 10, 2019
Annual General meeting of a Tanzanian Club. In Nigeria, ha.......... undecided undecided undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 10, 2019
Clementoke:
Annual General meeting of a Tanzanian Club. In Nigeria, ha.......... undecided undecided undecided

They may be doing better than Nigeria continentally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I know, but you where too quick to judge sha
Lolz... you can't blame me na considering the last time we won was in October.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2019
[b]START VOTING NOW!

NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS 2019

Vote for only one player in each award category by simply mentioning ONLY the name of that player under the category. Eg:
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx
2. NPFL player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx.
You may quote/copy and edit this post to make it an easier process for you.

PLEASE COPY THE MONIKERS COPIED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Voting Closes on the 16th of December, 2019 @ 6PM (Nig Time)

Full List of Nominees:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
- Victor Osimhen
- Odion Ighalo
- Wilfred Ndidi

2. NPFL player of the Year:
- Ifeanyi Anaemena
- Mfon Udoh
- Theophilus Afelokhai

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure
- Maduka Okoye

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Francis Uzoho
- Daniel Akpeyi
- Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong
- Kenneth Omeruo
- Ola Aina

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Alex Iwobi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Odion Ighalo
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

8. Most improved player (2019):
- Victor Osimhen
- Ola Aina
- Chidozie Awaziem

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
- Francis Uzoho
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:
-Eberechi Ezeh
- Cyriel Dessers
- Ovie Edjaria

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Chiamaka Nnadozie
- Azeezat Oshoala
- Francisca Ordega

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly)
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year:
- Osimhen for Chukwueze versus Lesotho ( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)
- Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Falcons
- The Super Eagles
- The Golden Eaglets

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:50am On Dec 10, 2019
nairalandankrah:
Dessers’ Nigerian dream intact but harsh reality beckons

By Toby Prince

Monday
Background Image: Turing92, CC-BY-3.0

Cyriel Dessers is on course to fulfil a childhood dream of representing Nigeria instead of Belgium at international level. However, the 24-year-old Eredivisie top scorer risks extinction afterwards. He must tread carefully.

It isn't novel anymore for the Nigerian FA to poach players with any link whatsoever to the country. By birth, paternal or maternal, they hunt those perceived to possess exceptional traits, like hunters going all out for animals’ rhino horn. There's no limit to their desperation.

England is the primary target. Colonial ties and the Premier League's razzmatazz appeals. As any major tournament arrives, a British-breed is targeted. Camberwell-born Joe Aribo is the latest to fall prey.

Semi Ajayi, Ola Aina, Josh Maja and Alex Iwobi were the other one-time English prodigies that featured alongside the Glasgow Rangers midfielder on his debut against Ukraine in October. Jamilu Collins (Germany), William Troost-Ekong (Netherlands) and Anderson Esiti (Portugal) make it octet of ‘foreign mercenaries’.

As deplorable as it may seem, the system is yielding dividend. More and more Nigerian stars in the diaspora are showing interest to don the green and white jersey. In the current Super Eagles roster, there is about 11 eligible for other nations. Cyriel Dessers rounds it to a dozen.

Born in Leuven to a Belgian father, the 24-year-old qualifies for Nigeria through his mother. His Super Eagles path is cleared by his uncapped status for The Red Devils at any level. For Dessers, his motherland was always the first choice even though the obvious competition in Roberto Martinez's team contributed.

It took Dessers a ton of blood, sweat, and tears to get Nigeria's attention. He’s toiled in the fringes of the lower leagues, from Belgium to the Netherlands before reaching the elite class. His 61 goals and 25 assists in the last three years for NAC Breda, FC Utrecht and Heracles Almelo hastened the process.

Soar Super Eagles

SSE_NGA

Cyriel Dessers �:

"There's already been contact with the NFF. After the match against ADO Den Haag (last Saturday), an official from Nigeria sent me a message that I was doing well.

"But it's not going to be easy for me there either -

Dessers began his career at OH Leuven in his neighbourhood but made a solitary senior appearance. City rivals Lokeren gave him a fresh start in 2014. There he enjoyed regular football, hitting seven goals in 40 appearances across two seasons.

Dessers’ real poachers qualities came to the fore after crossing the border to the Netherlands in 2016. At second-tier Breda, he buried 29 goals in 40 matches, helping them secure promotion. He, however, elected to have his first feel of Eredivisie elsewhere – Utrecht. Two seasons at Stadion Galgenwaard yielded 19 goals.

Despite finishing sixth last season, Dessers ditched Utrecht for Almelo. He must be glad he did. With 11 goals, the 24-year-old is the division's top marksman. An additional five assists mean the soon-to-be capped Super Eagle is involved in over 55 per cent of Heracles’ 29 strikes. He was named the league's November Player of the Month after scoring six goals and producing three assists.

Dessers bears all the hallmarks of the archetypal goal-getter. Headers, scrappy follow-ups, 20-yard drives straight out of the top drawer, he notches them all. Standing at 6'1", he possesses a similar physique to Lille's Victor Osimhen. While not blessed with abundant pace like the 19-year-old, he doesn't relinquish possession without a fight.

Without a doubt, Dessers would be a great addition to a young and exciting Nigerian bunch. Although Osimhen already locked down the solitary starting berth in the attack, Gernot Rohr could do with extra firepower from the bench. Regular backup Paul Onuachu hasn't quite been up to the task.

Dessers, though, might be caught up in Rohr's experimental web, especially in the final third. For every Iwobi success story, there is a Maja yet to click. For Aina, a certain Tyrone Ebuehi was sacrificed. While a Brian Idowu had to make way for Collins. It doesn't always follow the plot.

Rohr is notorious for inviting players and not capping them. Sometimes, he ceases to extend invitation after just two matches. Ndifreke Udo, David Okereke, Maja, Peter Olayinka, Emmanuel Dennis are just a few victims with barely an hour of international football among them.

Dessers could be next. Beware, you're warned.
this article is filled with half-truths.

First off, Ebuehi was a victim of injuries, since he was injured, he hasn't really gotten back to full fitness, so, I don't know if this writer out that into consideration when he penned this. It is not because he could be discarded, and considering the team still doesn't have a Right Back of his quality, he cannot state that Ebuehi has been discarded by anyone.

Rohr works with players in form, who are playing games. If golden boy, Kelechi was dropped from AFCON, and didn't play a game for Super Eagles this year, it should give a perspective of the kind of coach Rohr is. If the same Keelchi keeps up this form till March of next year, then surely, he will get a call-up

On the average, the number of FBs that have benefitted from this SE set-up, outnumber those who haven't. As long as you play regularly and you fit into the style of play, Rohr has space, in fact depending on your position, you may not even have to be all that regular, but nobody should expect automatic slots every Super Eagles game just because they have foreign passports.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7924) (7925) (7926) (7927) (7928) (7929) (7930) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Longneck, Taazenga(m), Kog45(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.