Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11677645 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7953) (7954) (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Phillip Osondu and Dimeji (Lawal) Mohammed were two extremely gifted players. Osondu fizzled out earlier than Dimeji who eventually got capped at senior level. That was also the era that produced youth players like Victor Ikpeba, Nduka Ugbade, Etim Esin, Jonathan Akpoborie, Chris Ohenhen, Mutiu Adepoju just to mention a few.

Pele went to take a selfie with Dimeji Lawal after the final of the U17 WC in Canada. Those boys were extremely gifted.
Oh my God Oladimeji Mohammed Lawal was extremely gifted but guess what "age factor" those guys age cheat no be here o.

Osondu died at 48 should tell us something is amiss.I remembered seeing Osondu,Dimeji Lawal, Victor Igbinova,Peter Ogaba,Bawa Abdullahi, Lucky Agbonavbare,Mutiu Adepoju,Nduja Ugbade,Tijani Babaginda at Kwara 85,during this period these guys are men not boys but really surprised seeing some of them still represent Nigeria till Mauritius 93.

Well RIP Osondu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2019
CASTAGNE:

hazard is a playmaker,his strength lies in providing assists but he usually comes up with important goals

His assist and goals are not even that much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

What are your reasons?

Omeruo is a better leader but Awaziem is a better defender

Awaziem is better in one on one situations

Awaziem is not better than omeruo

Period

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:37am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

I heard Westerhof invited him but he declined.
No he wasn't invited cos he has lost it as a player,very woeful at Saudi 89.I remember Dimeji Lawal got invitation after pressure from NFA and came from bench to score against Togo but Westerhoff never fancy his style of play.

Westerhoff came in and started from local league with discovery of Dan Amokachie,Tijani Babaginda,Findi George,Moses Npakor,Uche Okechuckwu,Isaac Semitoje,Ajibade Babalade,Abdul Sule etc,so it was extremely difficult for foreign based player who are playing in backwater league to break into national team.

After Aigiers 90,a lot of players paved way for new generation players like Uche Okechuckwu,Dan Amokachie,Finidi George etc cos player like Andew Uwe,Ademola Adeshina,Emma Okocha failed to get invitation again and player like Osondu find it extremely hard to get attention cos of poor club form.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2019
safarigirl:
highly unnecessary addition to your write-up.

What is the meaning of mostly Igbos? You could not leave things at Southern folks, without singling an entire ethnic group? Would your post have been any worse if you did not resort to the default Nigerian mode of singling out a group?

See ehn, every ethnic group has stereotypes made of them by others. Let everybody collect their own and do their best to kill off the narrative against them

For now, you cannot expect anyone to take seriously, a group of people, who are only required to score 2 out of 200 to get admission into unity schools. A people with communities that are still celebrating first graduate, first lawyer, first so and so, in 2019. Stereotypes will not change because you want them to, they change because you make efforts to change them.

And we can say all we want, but what is political power for a few, if a majority are impoverished? In the real world, it is capitalists and business owners that control public policy, not politicians. Politicians are lapdogs to the people with money, just because you live in a dysfunctional society, does not mean that because a people have centered themselves on politics (which is the only thing in this trash place that educationally disadvantaged people can really aspire to), they have any actual ambition.

If you think political power is signs of an ambitious person, we might as well call call of the Niger Deltans who focus more on militancy, ambitious.

PS: If you have been to the North, you will not say the East is barely ahead of the North. North just has numbers, but they have a long way to go as regards so many other things. Aside Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, and maybe Sokoto, the rest of the North is only better than Ebonyi in the East. If you know the reverence they have for Igbo people here, you will know there is difference between sleep and death.
It is mostly Igbos that call Yoruba "slaves of Hausa/Fulani" despite being ruled over by the same Hausa/Fulani. How many times do you hear Yoruba folks call us slaves? Go through NL for one and see if what I'm saying is a lie.
Good you mentioned 4 Northern states which are good based on naija standards but if you listen to what some folks say, you'd think the whole North region is thrash despite some folks living in the said area.
At the end of the day - 95 percent of this country is beyond bleeped up...the east is better off than the north but it's still nothing to write home about... There's nothing to brag about not having constant power, good roads, etc. All this tribal wars is juvenile when compared to the bigger picture - our dear country is nothing to write home about.
I'm not saying don't be proud of your tribe(I'll always be proud Igbo man) but let's be more reasonable.
How ever we want to look at it - "illiterate and unambitious North" is ruling this country. What does that say about the rest of us?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Period

What are your reasons?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2019
Kog45:
Oh my God Oladimeji Mohammed Lawal was extremely gifted but guess what "age factor" those guys age cheat no be here o.

Osondu died at 48 should tell us something is amiss.I remembered seeing Osondu,Dimeji Lawal, Victor Igbinova,Peter Ogaba,Bawa Abdullahi, Lucky Agbonavbare,Mutiu Adepoju,Nduja Ugbade,Tijani Babaginda at Kwara 85,during this period these guys are men not boys but really surprised seeing some of them still represent Nigeria till Mauritius 93.

Well RIP Osondu

Well i can admit that was the very year age cheating really started in our youth system but age cheating then was small compared to what it became in the 90s and 2000s. grin

Peter Ogaba (RIP) was 13 when he played U17 and 15 when he played U21. Even though he was young amidst the other players I still feel he was like 2 or 3 yrs older than he claimed.

As for Victor Igbinoba, very talented and daring striker. His goal against Germany at the 1985 U16 was always showed on NTA even 10yrs After. grin

Those boys made us happy then o even as our Green Eagles could not qualify for the WC. A lot of us followed our youth teams more than the then Green Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2019
AIG07:
Another weekend of football actions.

Let the competition for the back role to Osimhen continue!

I know you wanted to say back up role

It’s better you say let the competition to displace osimhen continue ,no player is hustling to play a second fiddle to anyone bro

If Isaac success and nacho have been doing better in the Epl you won’t say this sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Period
Awaziem is better on the ball than Omeruo. You can say Omeruo is the more traditional/old school CB than him.
I'd pick Omeruo over him at the moment Sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Awaziem is better on the ball than Omeruo. You can say Omeruo is the more traditional/old school CB than him.
I'd pick Omeruo over him at the moment Sha.

You are picking the better one already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You are picking the better one already
Think Awaziem has more upside tbh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2019
nairalandankrah:
Osimhen don break my heart today.anyway, I hope Iheanacho consoles me tomorrow

Nacho will score against Norwich as far as he starts the game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

What are your reasons?

Omeruo is a better leader but Awaziem is a better defender

Awaziem is better in one on one situations
I don't even see Omeruo as a leader and i don't see Awaziem as a better defender than Omeruo in all ramifications.

Omeruo is one of the most criticize eagles defender based on some mistakes but when it comes to real show i mean tournament Omeruo always fit the bill.

As I said Awaziem has a lot going for him,very versatile but remember Omeruo also started as RB,Yobo lost of form paved way for Omeruo.

I don't see Awaziem slug it out with Omeruo,Ekong,Ajayi and Balogun if he sort his club situation out in Centre Back position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:49am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

It is mostly Igbos that call Yoruba "slaves of Hausa/Fulani" despite being ruled over by the same Hausa/Fulani. How many times do you hear Yoruba folks call us slaves? Go through NL for one and see if what I'm saying is a lie.
Good you mentioned 4 Northern states which are good based on naija standards but if you listen to what some folks say, you'd think the whole North region is thrash despite some folks living in the said area.
At the end of the day - 95 percent of this country is beyond bleeped up...the east is better off than the north but it's still nothing to write home about... There's nothing to brag about not having constant power, good roads, etc. All this tribal wars is juvenile when compared to the bigger picture - our dear country is nothing to write home about.
I'm not saying don't be proud of your tribe(I'll always be proud Igbo man) but let's be more reasonable.
How ever we want to look at it - "illiterate and unambitious North" is ruling this country. What does that say about the rest of us?
people have given up on the country. That is what it says; it is a failed state and the intellectuals have chosen to abandon ship.

You can only fight for something you believe in and Nigerians outside the North, do not believe in Nigeria. It is something that arises from having strange bedfellows.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2019
jihday:
Klopp gave him his chance but he didn't grab it and they let him go for good money. No time for mediocre players

Agreed

He played 21 games in a star studded Liverpool team

I am yet to hear the British media label him a Liverpool flop ,but they are quick to call Iago Aspas a Liverpool flop with lesser minutes per game and lesser games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Think Awaziem has more upside tbh
If we want to talk about that then Ekong would always be on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Kog45:
I don't even see Omeruo as a leader and i don't see Awaziem as a better defender than Omeruo in all ramifications.

Omeruo is one of the most criticize eagles defender based on some mistakes but when it comes to real show i mean tournament Omeruo always fit the bill.

As I said Awaziem has a lot going for him,very versatile but remember Omeruo also started as RB,Yobo lost of form paved way for Omeruo.

I don't see Awaziem slug it out with Omeruo,Ekong,Ajayi and Balogun if he sort his club situation out in Centre Back position.

Omeruo is now a leader, very matured but his deficiencies are still with him

He is a rash tackler and jittery in defence but Leganes system of 5-4-1 does not expose him much

Awaziem is more technical, composed, better aerialy and on one on one situations

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:01am On Dec 14, 2019
Kog45:
If we want to talk about that then Ekong would always be on the bench.
Ekong like Omeruo and Ajayi have been performing. I believe once Awaziem settles, he can break into the team. He needs to stay one place instead of all these loan moves he makes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

Omeruo is now a leader, very matured but his deficiencies are still with him

He is a rash tackler and jittery in defence but Leganes system of 5-4-1 does not expose him much

Awaziem is more [b]technical, composed, better aerialy [/b]and on one on one situations
Agreed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:04am On Dec 14, 2019
safarigirl:
people have given up on the country. That is what it says; it is a failed state and the intellectuals have chosen to abandon ship.

You can only fight for something you believe in and Nigerians outside the North, do not believe in Nigeria. It is something that arises from having strange bedfellows.
What made up give up on the country? That people whom they thought were inferior to them turned the tables on them? Because that's what it sounds like to me.
Azikwe should've listened to Awo and inserted that secession clause.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
Nigeria: NPFL, Laliga Introduce U-12 Tourney for Nigerian Clubs

A tournament for players under 12 years is to be added to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) and Spanish League (LaLiga) collaboration for youth football development on the auspices of NPFL/LaLiga U-15 Promises Tournament.

This formed the highlight of decisions reached at an exploratory meeting between the League Management Company (LMC) and the LaLiga Nigeria team which met to design a roadmap for the next edition of the NPFL-Laliga U-15 Promises Youth League.

The discussion which held at the corporate headquarters of the League body in Abuja, was attended by the Chairman of the LMC, Mallam Shehu Dikko, alongside the Chief Operating Officer, Salihu Abubakar, Sunday Obaseki and Surajudeen Yusuff while the LaLiga team had their Nigeria Delegate, Guillermo Perez Castello, LaLiga Nigeria Ambassador, Mutiu Adepoju and Ayodeji Adegbenro.

LMC Chief Operating Officer, Salihu Abubakar explained that the meeting was held to provide interface with the parties involved, as well as design a roadmap for staging the next edition of the championship which is expected to commence in January 2020 with a coaching clinic for the NPFL clubs' U-15 coaches. Arrangements have also been put in place to have a team of the U-12 cadre to represent the NPFL in a competition organised by LaLiga in Spain.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201912130676.html
(Original source: Daily Trust, Abuja)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:36am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

the problem with your write ups is your linear approach of thinking....

I said it earlier the quest for political power is not always or cannot always be equalled to been ambitious.

take political power away from them...you'll see they have lost all relevance...

the fight for political power is accentuated by greed and the fear of other ethnic domination by the northern elites....not necessary driven by the quest to develop their people.....

the leaders are not ambitious for their people and the people are not ambitious for themselves..

example of leaders that have showed ambitious for their people...Is late Chief Obafemi Awolowo and even GEJ tried build amajiri schools for them and then what becomes of it as at today

the leaders encourage them to birth children in large numbers all because for the numerical advantage it serves them during elections...and they can't even feed them or cloth them.....
do you know recently Rev. Kukah aimed to feed and take up the responsibility of over 10m amajiri kids but the northern elites strongly resisted it...

does that show being ambitious for your people

to be honest....if Buhari was a southerner I can stick my nose to the ground...he would have had at least an MSc by now...
with the opportunity he had and ever since he left power in 1985...any ambitious person would have see reason to develop himself......

please know that the quest for political power does not invariable means you're being ambitious.... it is what you do with the attained power that shows how ambitious are you......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Humility017:

the problem with your write ups is your linear approach of thinking....

I said it earlier the quest for political power is not always or cannot always be equalled to been ambitious.

take political power away from them...you'll see they have lost all relevance...

the fight for political power is accentuated by greed and the fear of other ethnic domination by the northern elites....not necessary driven by the quest to develop their people.....

the leaders are not ambitious for their people and the people are not ambitious for themselves..

example of leaders that have showed ambitious for their people...Is late Chief Obafemi Awolowo and even GEJ tried build amajiri schools for them and then what becomes of it as at today

the leaders encourage them to birth children in large numbers all because for the numerical advantage it serves them during elections...and they can't even feed them or cloth them.....
do you know recently Rev. Kukah aimed to feed and take up the responsibility of over 10m amajiri kids but the northern elites strongly resisted it...

does that show being ambitious for your people

to be honest....if Buhari was a southerner I can stick my nose to the ground...he would have had at least an MSc by now...
with the opportunity he had and ever since he left power in 1985...any ambitious person would have see reason to develop himself......

please know that the quest for political power does not invariable means you're being ambitious.... it is what you do with the attained power that shows how ambitious are you......

Fact of the matter remains with all the education southerners have - we are still bullied by those guys.
What is the point of all that education and ambition if we'll be controlled by the so called non ambitious north?
They wanted power and successfully managed to sideline we Igbos after the war...how can that not be viewed as "ambition"? Because they're not have that much of an interest in education like southerners? Well they have an interest in power and are on top of the damn food chain.
We "educated" southerners have been played like a banjo and pitied against each other by the northern elite... However you put it, that is unacceptable... Until our so called education and ambition shows REAL progress in our region - I don't buy all this talk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2019
AIG07:
He looks more like a footballer now than he appeared with some security men couple of months back.
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tikristinimi21: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Fact of the matter remains with all the education southerners have - we are still bullied by those guys.
What is the point of all that education and ambition if we'll be controlled by the so called non ambitious north?
They wanted power and successfully managed to sideline we Igbos after the war...how can that not be viewed as "ambition"? Because they're not have that much of an interest in education like southerners? Well they have an interest in power and are on top of the damn food chain.
We "educated" southerners have been played like a banjo and pitied against each other by the northern elite... However you put it, that is unacceptable... Until our so called education and ambition shows REAL progress in our region - I don't buy all this talk.

I really appreciate the part where you talked about ambition showing REAL progress. Truth is that even the southern folks are merely brandishing useless paper (certificates) as education. If our education cannot help develop us in our own region,what magic will it do even when we have the power. If the Igbos can be united about having a developed society and forget about this their Biafra nonsense, if they can demand for good leadership and make their leaders accountable, if they can make a Dubai from the meagre resources available to them even the northerners will have no choice than to beg the Igbo's and say come help salvage us.

P.S: I am not supporting anybody's view biko.Just airing my opinion. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Is this place now politics thread extension?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2019
On Ndidi's/Nacho's Leicester....

Saturday Throwback....

Once upon a time in the 2012/2013 season... Leicester had these two "current world class players" on the bench.

Nigel Person's Leicester that is.... grin

Kane was around 19/20 at the time.

Vardy was like 25/26.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Well the fact that as un ambitious as they are, they've been able to keep power for this long and play SW, SE and SS against each other says something.
I think most of the time there's a twinge of arrogance involved when Southern folks(mostly Igbos) make statements like that.
Our so called ambition is not visible in the east... Infact we're barely ahead of the north if truth is to be told. We have the same problems(poverty, lack of constant power supply, etc) albeit in a slightly lower scale...its not like the east is Singapore in the middle of a desert or something.
Might seem like I'm going off point but I just don't like these foolish tribal squabbles brings with statements like that when the country as a whole is a hell hole and our leaders are playing us against each other.
This "North is crap and holding us back" talk is the reason we in the east barely hold our governors and lc chairmen accountable. If we Igbos are "republican/egalitarian by nature" like we claim - our states and the region as a whole should be much much better and show the rest of the country how things should be but it's not...instead all we're doing is being unnecessarily arrogant and beating our chest with barely nothing to show for it.
I'd say this and drop the point so I don't derail the thread (my mind has been preoccupied in recent times by our national failures)

For me the reasons why they've held on to power for so long are history and sense of unity. Unity is so powerful a principle that when 5 fools unite, they'd defeat 10 divided wise men.

Our national failures is truly national - no part of the country is spared. I was in Lagos for the last NBA conference and I was truly embarrassed at the chaos and filth I saw. Lack of power, poor health care, bad roads, lack of social, poverty and infrastructural facilities are problems confronting us all as a people.

My issue however is with the ATTITUDE. I admit I might be wrong but I'd say that even though the south suffers poverty and its correlatives, it is not a condition that has been accepted. The people want more, they desire more and given a chance they'd push their governments in the direction of a better life. But in the North they seem quite at home with poverty. Like someone said they are contented. I have mulled over the reason why this is so but I cannot place my hands on it. Some say it's the prevalence of Islam. I do not agree. Almost all the Muslim dominated countries are prosperous nations. This thread will not allow me to talk about the great intellectual contributions of the Arab and Muslim world to world development. So I do not believe it is religion.

Our suffering is all man made. I see the suffering coming from a false structure. How can the States develop when key elements that drive development are in the exclusive legislative list of the Constitution?

https://www.nairaland.com/3945831/68-exclusive-list-items-made.

History shows our union was negotiated. Why can't we have renegotiate it again. Is it a holy creed?

Let the country be restructured along the lines of the old regional models with modifications in tune with present day realities-- a weak center, no central military bodies(in time of external threat the regions come together to fight) , and police especially. So that the effects of bad or good governance can be localized(as it was when we had regional government. Western Nigeria even had TV stations before some countries in Europe). Not this present dysfunctional arrangement where in the name of One Nigeria we have all become almajiri

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Saturday Throwback....

Once upon a time in the 2012/2013 season... Leicester had these two "current world class players" on the bench.

Vardy was like 25/26.

Being on the bench does not mean you are not good. You are just waiting for your opportunity to show what you are made of.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2019
tikristinimi21:

I really appreciate the part where you talked about ambition showing REAL progress. Truth is that even the southern folks are merely brandishing useless paper (certificates) as education. If our education cannot help develop us in our own region,what magic will it do even when we have the power. If the Igbos can be united about having a developed society and forget about this their Biafra nonsense, if they can demand for good leadership and make their leaders accountable, if they can make a Dubai from the meagre resources available to them even the northerners will have no choice than to beg the Igbo's and say come help salvage us.

P.S: I am not supporting anybody's view biko.Just airing my opinion. Thank you.
My main problem is we Igbos don't hold our leaders accountable enough. Look at my state Imo...the three governors I can remember have mostly been clowns... From Udenwa to Ohakim to Rochas. How can I leave that and cry "Hausa/Fulani" when Rochas thinks erecting unnecessary statutes is more important than fixing roads, etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2019
Mujtahida:

I'd say this and drop the point so I don't derail the thread (my mind has been preoccupied in recent times by our national failures)

For me the reasons why they've held on to power for so long are history and sense of unity. Unity is so powerful a principle that when 5 fools unite, they'd defeat 10 divided wise men.

Our national failures is truly national - no part of the country is spared. I was in Lagos for the last NBA conference and I was truly embarrassed at the chaos and filth I saw. Lack of power, poor health care, bad roads, lack of social, poverty and infrastructural facilities are problems confronting us all as a people.

My issue however is with the ATTITUDE. I admit I might be wrong but I'd say that even though the south suffers poverty and its correlatives, it is not a condition that has been accepted. The people want more, they desire more and given a chance they'd push their governments in the direction of a better life. But in the North they seem quite at home with poverty. Like someone said they are contented. I have mulled over the reason why this is so but I cannot place my hands on it. Some say it's the prevalence of Islam. I do not agree. Almost all the Muslim dominated countries are prosperous nations. This thread will not allow me to talk about the great intellectual contributions of the Arab and Muslim world to world development. So I do not believe it is religion.

Our suffering is all man made. I see the suffering coming from a false structure. How can the States develop when key elements that drive development are in the exclusive legislative list?

https://www.nairaland.com/3945831/68-exclusive-list-items-made.

Let the country be restructured along the lines of the old regional models with modifications in tune with present day realities-- a weak center, no central military bodies, and police especially. So that the effects of bad or good governance can be localized. Not this present dysfunctional arrangement where in the name of One Nigeria we have all become almajiri
I agree with restructuring. Fiscal Federalism is the way to go...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Saturday Throwback....

Vardy was like 25/26.

This is why in as much as I hate Spuds, I'll always respect Pochettino.
Dude didn't care that Spuds had spent 30m on Llorente. He put his faith in Kane and the rest is history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7953) (7954) (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viccy12, Impeccable5248(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.