Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11674445 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7954) (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2019
Exactly. And it seems Nigel didn't get to know soon enough what these two were made of. wink

Faith is part of the game. If a manager can't put faith in a genuinely young talent or give them a chance, he may just have to live to see that talent go else where and explode. That's him realising late just how much Gold/Diamonds he didn't realise he was sitting on.

TheGoodJoe:

Being on the bench does not mean you are not good. You are just waiting for your opportunity to show what you are made of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
The bolded is part of the key lessons I wanted to point out with that pic. Faith in genuine young talents. One can never know how far such can go. This is Life. This is football.

edi287:

This is why in as much as I hate Spuds, I'll always respect Pochettino.
Dude didn't care that Spuds had spent 30m on Llorente. He put his faith in Kane and the rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

What made up give up on the country? That people whom they thought were inferior to them turned the tables on them? Because that's what it sounds like to me.
Azikwe should've listened to Awo and inserted that secession clause.

Awo should have listened to Ojukwu and seceded when he had the opportunity, but we are here. A secession clause could have been removed at any point anyway.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The bolded is the key lesson I wanted to point out. Faith in genuine young talents. One can never know how far such can go. This is Life. This is football.

there are lots of Kane's and vardy's out there ,all they need is a manager who has faith in them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2019
safarigirl:

Awo should have listened to Ojukwu and seceded when he had the opportunity, but we are here. A secession clause could have been removed at any point anyway.
You can't blame Awo that much tbh. He was just being pragmatic... The North had troops in the west and any illogical move would've been disastrous for them.
Ojukwu didn't have the time to wait...too much pressure plus the killing of Igbos made it necessary for him to make a move quickly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The bolded is part of the key lessons I wanted to point out with that pic. Faith in genuine young talents. One can never know how far such can go. This is Life. This is football.

Yep. Many coaches would've kept pushing with Soldado and Kane might have gone on another loan and his career might have turned out differently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Mujtahida:

I'd say this and drop the point so I don't derail the thread (my mind has been preoccupied in recent times by our national failures)

For me the reasons why they've held on to power for so long are history and sense of unity. Unity is so powerful a principle that when 5 fools unite, they'd defeat 10 divided wise men.

Our national failures is truly national - no part of the country is spared. I was in Lagos for the last NBA conference and I was truly embarrassed at the chaos and filth I saw. Lack of power, poor health care, bad roads, lack of social, poverty and infrastructural facilities are problems confronting us all as a people.

My issue however is with the ATTITUDE. I admit I might be wrong but I'd say that even though the south suffers poverty and its correlatives, it is not a condition that has been accepted. The people want more, they desire more and given a chance they'd push their governments in the direction of a better life. But in the North they seem quite at home with poverty. Like someone said they are contented. I have mulled over the reason why this is so but I cannot place my hands on it. Some say it's the prevalence of Islam. I do not agree. Almost all the Muslim dominated countries are prosperous nations. This thread will not allow me to talk about the great intellectual contributions of the Arab and Muslim world to world development. So I do not believe it is religion.

Our suffering is all man made. I see the suffering coming from a false structure. How can the States develop when key elements that drive development are in the exclusive legislative list of the Constitution?

https://www.nairaland.com/3945831/68-exclusive-list-items-made.

History shows our union was negotiated. Why can't we have renegotiate it again. Is it a holy creed?

Let the country be restructured along the lines of the old regional models with modifications in tune with present day realities-- a weak center, no central military bodies(in time of external threat the regions come together to fight) , and police especially. So that the effects of bad or good governance can be localized(as it was when we had regional government. Western Nigeria even had TV stations before some countries in Europe). Not this present dysfunctional arrangement where in the name of One Nigeria we have all become almajiri

Apt.

My heart bleeds daily with the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria. It is indeed a sorry state..

After critical look at pre colonial rule and also the political history of Nigeria from 1942 till date you will see that nothing changes from old till now... Even now things keep getting worse. It is never about Nigeria... It is all about my ethics and what they can get from Nigeria not what they can give Nigeria.

If that is the mentality how can we progress?

We just need to decentralized and make meaning impact in our region.

Now, there is a false narration making around about being wealthy country at the moment.. . Which is very false.. This govt, from federal to local govt to citizens are living beyond their means... Increasing budget with nothing to fund it.

Focusing on infrastructures losing sleep on human development... It is just a time bomb waiting to explode and it won't spare anybody.

We just need to review the contract we sign with one another to make a meaning progress.

Nigeria will be great just that I don't know when.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

My main problem is we Igbos don't hold our leaders accountable enough. Look at my state Imo...the three governors I can remember have mostly been clowns... From Udenwa to Ohakim to Rochas. How can I leave that and cry "Hausa/Fulani" when Rochas thinks erecting unnecessary statutes is more important than fixing roads, etc?

It is not about igbo... Tell me the region that hold her leader accountable?

Who are the people to hold leader accountable, people that is struggling to eat just one meal a day? citizen with no job? Citizens with crumbles ?

They believe so much in this poverty thread cos when you are living okay you will hold them accountable that is the reason they don't care about making life meaningful but they have forgotten that idle hand is an explosive in the hand of those that really know how to use them...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

You can't blame Awo that much tbh. He was just being pragmatic... The North had troops in the west and any illogical move would've been disastrous for them.
Ojukwu didn't have the time to wait...too much pressure plus the killing of Igbos made it necessary for him to make a move quickly.

Look where pragmstism has led us all. Let us enjoy the disaster of today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

The problem didn't start from first coup that happened ...first coup was just the results of the unresolved issues between NPC, NCNC and AG... Far back 1942

Till now issues still on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:07am On Dec 14, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

It is not about igbo... Tell me the region that hold her leader accountable?

Who are the people to hold leader accountable, people that is struggling to eat just one meal a day? citizen with no job? Citizens with crumbles ?

They believe so much in this poverty thread cos when you are living okay you will hold them accountable that is the reason they don't care about making life meaningful but they have forgotten that idle hand is an explosive in the hand of those that really know how to use them...

Well I am speaking as an Igbo man and all the ridiculous stereotypes some of us spew about other tribes.
Fact is its easy to just point to the North as the problem while conveniently letting our state government get away with murder.
If we want federalism/restructuring, we have to operate with that mindset.. Point fingers at ourselves first before we go a step further.
I'm tired of hearing about our enterprising spirit, egalitarianism, bla bla bla when our states don't show that.
I tell that to folks here when they start their foolishness with AAs too. Charity begins at home...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:08am On Dec 14, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

The problem didn't start from first coup that happened ...first coup was just the results of the unresolved issues between NPC, NCNC and AG... Far back 1942

Till now issues still on

I agree. The coup further exacerbated it sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria: NPFL, Laliga Introduce U-12 Tourney for Nigerian Clubs

A tournament for players under 12 years is to be added to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) and Spanish League (LaLiga) collaboration for youth football development on the auspices of NPFL/LaLiga U-15 Promises Tournament.

This formed the highlight of decisions reached at an exploratory meeting between the League Management Company (LMC) and the LaLiga Nigeria team which met to design a roadmap for the next edition of the NPFL-Laliga U-15 Promises Youth League.

The discussion which held at the corporate headquarters of the League body in Abuja, was attended by the Chairman of the LMC, Mallam Shehu Dikko, alongside the Chief Operating Officer, Salihu Abubakar, Sunday Obaseki and Surajudeen Yusuff while the LaLiga team had their Nigeria Delegate, Guillermo Perez Castello, LaLiga Nigeria Ambassador, Mutiu Adepoju and Ayodeji Adegbenro.

LMC Chief Operating Officer, Salihu Abubakar explained that the meeting was held to provide interface with the parties involved, as well as design a roadmap for staging the next edition of the championship which is expected to commence in January 2020 with a coaching clinic for the NPFL clubs' U-15 coaches. Arrangements have also been put in place to have a team of the U-12 cadre to represent the NPFL in a competition organised by LaLiga in Spain.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201912130676.html
(Original source: Daily Trust, Abuja)

i love this idea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I know you wanted to say back up role

It’s better you say let the competition to displace osimhen continue ,no player is hustling to play a second fiddle to anyone bro

If Isaac success and nacho have been doing better in the Epl you won’t say this sha
For sometime, the above named players have been out of the team. Getting a call up should be their priority now and not displacing the regulars. It is not as if Osimhen is doing badly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
AIG07:
For sometime, the above named players have been out of the team. Getting a call up should be their priority now and not displacing the regulars. It is not as if Osimhen is doing badly.

I didn’t even said that they should be called op self

But by the way most of us sound is even if victor is doing badly he will always start

Yes victor is not doing badly and he is our best striker for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Isaac success makes the bench for Watford

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Isaac success on the bench for Watford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

This is why in as much as I hate Spuds, I'll always respect Pochettino.
Dude didn't care that Spuds had spent 30m on Llorente. He put his faith in Kane and the rest is history.

OK what is Spurds?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

OK what is Spurds?
Tottenham
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ramon Azeez starts on the bench for Granada.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
From @Osasuo on the ongoing tv rights case between CAF and Lagardere Sports.

@CAF_Online, in this statement below, says it has emerged victorious in the arbitral proceedings which Lagardère Sports (LS) brought against it, at the International Chamber of Commerce in Geneva, Switzerland. I wait to hear what LS has to say about this. And the ICC itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Prayers up for the Igahlo family at this time.

May Odion's sister rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
From @Osasuo on the ongoing tv rights case between CAF and Lagardere Sports.

@CAF_Online, in this statement below, says it has emerged victorious in the arbitral proceedings which Lagardère Sports (LS) brought against it, at the International Chamber of Commerce in Geneva, Switzerland. I wait to hear what LS has to say about this. And the ICC itself.
I wonder what they mean by commercial exploitation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
Well, has to do with Lagardere Sports making "excessively illegal" financial gains while broadcasting CAF competitions, according to CAF's Claims anyway.

In other words, CAF claim LS is a financial cutthroat feasting improperly on the privileges of being CAF TV rights partners.

CASTAGNE:

I wonder what they mean by commercial exploitation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Semi Ajayi also in action for West Bromwich Albion. 10 mins played so far and it is already 1-1.

Birmingham took an early lead in the 3rd min but West Brom just equalised.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ghettokid1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
CASTAGNE:
Isaac success makes the bench for Watford
U too like this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
ghettokid1:
U too like this thread
na this thread make me join nairaland sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Well, has to do with Lagardere Sports making "excessively illegal" financial gains while broadcasting CAF competitions, according to CAF's Claims anyway.

In other words, CAF claim LS is a financial cutthroat feasting improperly on the privileges of being CAF TV rights partners.

okay but I hope they get a new broadcaster for caf competitions soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ghettokid1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
CASTAGNE:
na this thread make me join nairaland sha
Ok oo. Let me briefly view the thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Tottenham

Spurs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Ramon Azeez starts on the bench for Granada.
like play like play this guy has fallen down the pecking order
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
ghettokid1:
Ok oo. Let me briefly view the thread
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7954) (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.