Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655046 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7965) (7966) (7967) (7968) (7969) (7970) (7971) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
Speaking to the Super Eagles Media Team via YouTube, Alex Iwobi recollected that he was almost released by Arsenal before signing a scholarship with the North London club.

The Hale End Academy product was able to overcome that setback, going on to make 149 appearances for the Gunners first team in all competitions before sealing a summer move to Everton.

Prior to his departure from the Emirates Stadium, the winger had appeared for the Gunners in the Champions League and Europa League, and helped them win the FA Cup in 2017.

''Of course you always have setbacks especially if you are a footballer,'' Iwobi remarked.

''I'll just give one example, when I was 14 I was told at Arsenal I wasn't good enough so instead of putting my head down and getting upset, I decided to go and prove to them that I had the ability to play in Arsenal, and luckily I was able to get through that setback when I was 14.''

Asked to name his best pal in the Super Eagles, Iwobi did not think twice before choosing Chelsea Academy product Ola Aina.

''In camp, it would probably be Ola Aina, growing up with him, we went to the same school, lived in the same road. Even till now we are still good friends.''

Iwobi has been named in the starting line-up by Everton caretaker coach Duncan Ferguson for Sunday afternoon's Premier League clash at Manchester United.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
Humility017:

What nancho has achieved in this life...none of your family members you inclusive put together will ever get to that level....

You should be ashamed of yourself coming here every time to make gist of a young man making millions of dollars from kicking the round leather ball in the UK.... he does not even know if you exist.... but you know him likewise the press in the UK... in the UK he is more popular than the president of your country.....

Leave gustav abeg, you get time for that one , that one na joker ooo

Someone that has been looking for money to buy a better android phone for the past few months

Gustav na warey comedian abeg grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Speaking to the Super Eagles Media Team via YouTube, Alex Iwobi recollected that he was almost released by Arsenal before signing a scholarship with the North London club.

The Hale End Academy product was able to overcome that setback, going on to make 149 appearances for the Gunners first team in all competitions before sealing a summer move to Everton.

Prior to his departure from the Emirates Stadium, the winger had appeared for the Gunners in the Champions League and Europa League, and helped them win the FA Cup in 2017.

''Of course you always have setbacks especially if you are a footballer,'' Iwobi remarked.

''I'll just give one example, when I was 14 I was told at Arsenal I wasn't good enough so instead of putting my head down and getting upset, I decided to go and prove to them that I had the ability to play in Arsenal, and luckily I was able to get through that setback when I was 14.''

Asked to name his best pal in the Super Eagles, Iwobi did not think twice before choosing Chelsea Academy product Ola Aina.

''In camp, it would probably be Ola Aina, growing up with him, we went to the same school, lived in the same road. Even till now we are still good friends.''

Iwobi has been named in the starting line-up by Everton caretaker coach Duncan Ferguson for Sunday afternoon's Premier League clash at Manchester United.

Beautiful... Here is the full video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvRlUjRfzc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Josh Maja starts upfront for Bordeaux. Beginning to become a usual with time. wink

Samuel Kalu starts from the bench.
kalu better sit up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
Abeg ooo

What's wrong with Ebuehi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
maidaboi:
kalu better sit up

He should

Due to rohr choices, if kalu continues like this i will rather have an Ejuke after simon, but i know its not possible and kalu will remain rohr 1st choice for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
Who dash am comedian? He is dry as hell
andrewbaba44:

Leave gustav abeg, you get time for that one , that one na joker ooo

Someone that has been looking for money to buy a better android phone for the past few months

Gustav na warey comedian abeg grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Chukwueze starts for Villarreal

Ahh this match line up is not yet out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
Humility017:

What nancho has achieved in this life...none of your family members you inclusive put together will ever get to that level....

You should be ashamed of yourself coming here every time to make gist of a young man making millions of dollars from kicking the round leather ball in the UK.... he does not even know if you exist.... but you know him likewise the press in the UK... in the UK he is more popular than the president of your country.....

E pain this drunk no be small ... Aayiiiii

Take , eat make your drunken state leave you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Blueelf:

Exactly

In fact, Rodgers would have laced up his gloves and entered the pitch for an amateur boxing match

I once said it that I don't think Nacho is fully appreciated at Leicester. If Nacho had continued that game, I foresaw a penalty awarded for a foul on him in the eighteen yard box because of the animosity the Norwich players would have had towards him

What do you mean fully appreciated in what regard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
And Danielnino00, I just found out that the referee awarded a freekick to Leicester for that foul on Nacho. It was Maddison who kicked it out for a goal kick. So you see that the freekick was indeed given. I didn't take notice during the game because this Nacho-Norwich thing was taking all the attention. This shows the goal would have stood had Nacho scored.

Fact is, Ricardo should have just thrown the ball towards an opponent as usually will be done and not to Nacho who thought it was a cue to play on. Norwich were leading amd trying to take advantage of the situation. Nacho was only showing Winners' mentality in trying to get Leicester on the scoreboad.

The Norwich players acted like kids and It is still a shock to me how none of them was sent off for harassing Nacho in that manner especially that Cantwell who obviously went for Nacho's neck. He escaped with a yellow instead. Funny people.

Na Rodgers I just dey look. He better not destroy the confidence Nacho has toiled his ass off to build up till this point. Nacho is a "confidence" player and Rodgers should have known better. He acted very silly with that sub move and it ended up costing him as Leicester failed to win.

Would he has taken off a Maddison or a Vardy if any if those two were mixed up in such like Nacho? Selah.

Anyway, I hope Nacho shows more fire following this incident and put it behind him. Funny how a good section of the biased English Media wanna label Nacho some kind of scapegoat. Hypocrites!

Y'all must think the sun rises and sets on Iheanacho. You really expect Rodgers to pamper Iheanacho at this stage of his carrier because he is a "confidence player"?.

Maybe Rodgers should also wash Kelechi's clothes for him, bathe him, feed him as well as cuddle Iheanacho every time he plays badly in order to protect his *confidence". grin

You guys' level of entitlement is just sickening. If Vardy is picked ahead of Iheanacho, you cry racism. If Iheanacho plays badly, you blame the coach's tactics or his fellow players or the ballboys or the grass or air in the stadium sef. grin

Face the facts mehn. Iheanacho is no longer a baby or a youth player. He is a full professional footballer. Nobody gives you freebies at this stage. If you can't man up, you suffer the consequences.

Leicester city doesn't revolve around Iheanacho. As a matter of fact he looks pretty expendable at this point. If he likes let him keep crying "confidence player".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Uncle nobody is perfect so stop saying Maddison won’t be stupid

British players have done the most stupid things in the Epl

So stop saying nonsense

Mr ITK

Stick to the topic at hand stop deviating to create non existent smoke screens.

Most people here do not appreciate the term honour integrity and unsporting conduct with regards to football.

These are long ingrained conventions in football.

You simply don't do that it's not done.

Anybody who does it will get RIGHTFULLY SLATED. There is absolutely no excuse.

Essentially very very few footballers will be found to do such unsportsmanlike conduct. It's sheer stupidity you are going to get slated.

But no surprises here we are defending the indefensible. Of course because it's KC he can do know wrong. It's somebody else's fault, the referees, the manager, the Norwich fc players.

Shockingly many people call me biased, hypocritical, prejudiced and bigoted with double standard.

LOL what a comedy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Ahh this match line up is not yet out
Next time get your facts right before you quote me

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
Samueltemi337:

Broda no be fight

They might suggest a line up

Line up do comeout officially 1 hour to the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
andrewbaba44:

No mind am

He said Maddison can’t do such ,I tell him nobody is perfect

In the history of the Epl British players have done the worst things

Nacho was never a player that has done such till yesterday
i

So what does that mean He is innocent.

Now tell me the pkayers who have shown such blatant unsportsmanlike like conduct on the field of play in the EPL.

You made the claim defend it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Broda no be fight

That's the line up

Take it or leave it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2019
Humility017:

Don't let his trolling get to you bro(even though I think it's boring but hey..)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
komekn:
i

So what does that mean He is innocent.

Now tell me the pkayers who have shown such blatant unsportsmanlike like conduct on the field of play in the EPL.

You made the claim defend it.

You claim to be a fan of English football but you know nothing

In the past 10 years when it comes to un sportsmanship is anyone worst than Joey Barton ?

I guess Joey Barton plays hockey

You already said English plays can’t do such just as you used Maddison as an example

I guess Joey Barton is costa rican

I have others but I am naming the most popular one

When I say you know nothing I am damn serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Broda no be fight
e don vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
mostob:
e don vex

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
Samueltemi337:
bro...you should rather get your facts right. This is a match day squad not starting line up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
Thunder wey go fire lindelof dey do warm up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
mostob:
bro...you should rather get your facts right. This is a match day squad not starting line up
We would see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
komenkn 's posts this days...na to jump and waka pass o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
Samueltemi337:
We would see
am not saying Samu won't start o but the lineup will only come out 1 hour before the match. what you posted there is a match day squad not starting line up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Y'all must think the sun rises and sets on Iheanacho. You really expect Rodgers to pamper Iheanacho at this stage of his carrier because he is a "confidence player"?.

Maybe Rodgers should also wash Kelechi's clothes for him, bathe him, feed him as well as cuddle Iheanacho every time he plays badly in order to protect his *confidence". grin

You guys' level of entitlement is just sickening. If Vardy is picked ahead of Iheanacho, you cry racism. If Iheanacho plays badly, you blame the coach's tactics or his fellow players or the ballboys or the grass or air in the stadium sef. grin

Face the facts mehn. Iheanacho is no longer a baby or a youth player. He is a full professional footballer. Nobody gives you freebies at this stage. If you can't man up, you suffer the consequences.

Leicester city doesn't revolve around Iheanacho. As a matter of fact he looks pretty expendable at this point. If he likes let him keep crying "confidence player".

Boohooohooo...

The backing Nacho gets here must really bite you... Ndo ooo... But Nacho has our backing. You can keep hating u hia... Good for business.

Bye now.... E Pain am. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
Oga Sam... They are correct. That is the match day squad. The first XI has not been released yet.

Just take your correction and move on so as not repeat same mistake next time. I saw your post "Samuel Chukwueze starts" and I ignored it because I know the starting lineup is not yet out.

Samueltemi337:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Oga Sam... They are correct. That is the match day squad. The first XI has not been released yet.

Just take your correction and move on so as not repeat same mistake next time. I saw your post "Samuel Chukwueze starts" and I ignored it because I know the starting lineup is not yet out.

Lol

You suppose add one of those your memmes for this post

I Laff sha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
Samueltemi337:

That's not a line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
komekn:

Stick to the topic at hand stop deviating to create non existent smoke screens.

Most people here do not appreciate the term honour integrity and unsporting conduct with regards to football.

These are long ingrained conventions in football.

You simply don't do that it's not done.

Anybody who does it will get RIGHTFULLY SLATED. There is absolutely no excuse.

Essentially very very few footballers will be found to do such unsportsmanlike conduct. It's sheer stupidity you are going to get slated.

But no surprises here we are defending the indefensible. Of course because it's KC he can do know wrong. It's somebody else's fault, the referees, the manager, the Norwich fc players.

Shockingly many people call me biased, hypocritical, prejudiced and bigoted with double standard.

LOL what a comedy.

Sorry, my post was not for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7965) (7966) (7967) (7968) (7969) (7970) (7971) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.