Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655896 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7970) (7971) (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2019
Happy Birthday to our Super Eagles Midfield Enforcer and the EPL's Best DM, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi.

He turns 23 today.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2019
Super Eagles interviews: Alex Iwobi

The Player and His Making Series on the Super Eagles Channel. Last time, it was Samuel Chukwueze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvRlUjRfzc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2019
In celebration of Ndidi's Birthday.... Here are some of his recent finest moments as the EPL's best DM....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSEtqBrZMa4

Watch out (Some Major eye catchers):

0.41- Ndidi scoring like he is a seasoned striker

0.53- Ndidi making a mess of Fabinho with a cheeky nutmeg grin

0.57- Ndidi getting away from Aubameyang, Guendouzi, etc (Vs Arsenal) wink

1.07 - Ndidi selling off Firmino grin

1.43- Ndidi sweetly measured long pass to Ayoze Perez.

2.00- Ndidi long pass to Fuchs vs Chelsea.

2.05- Ndidi long pass again to Ayoze Perez vs Crystal palace.

2.42- That Ndidi headed goal vs Chelsea cool

3mins+-6mins+- Ndidi's Ball winning abilties/tackling/passing/workrate on display...

Enjoy! wink

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:43am On Dec 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Happy Birthday to our Super Eagles Midfield Enforcer and the EPL's Best DM, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi.

He turns 23 today.
shocked

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2019
seankafor:
shocked
Hahaha haha. Why u dey shout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2019
Foxes trailing at the King Power Stadium, a switch in formation got the Nigeria forward replaced before the break

Kelechi Iheanacho was substituted in the first half of Leicester City’s 1-1 draw against Norwich City owing to tactical reasons, Brendan Rodgers has confirmed.

Iheanacho was replaced by Demarai Gray shortly after the Foxes cancelled out Teemu Pukki’s opener through Tim Krul's own goal in the 38th minute.

Saturday's outing was the 23-year-old's second Premier League start of the season and Rodgers has described his substitution as nothing personal but a change of flow after their slow
“It was one where we wanted to go to 4-3-3 and when we moved him out to the side, he’s not a natural winger, he’s not one who can play on that outside,” the manager was quoted by Leicester Mercury.

“So I can either leave it and wait until half-time or make the change when I did. And then make the other change on half-time. It was purely a tactical one.

“He was fine. He was disappointed because he’s been terrific for us in the past few games. He understands, he knows it was nothing personal, just the flow of the game needed to change.

“It was probably the right result. We didn’t start so well in our pressing and then our passing was slow. In fairness to Norwich, they played well in that opening period.

“I felt we needed to change it. We started with the same shape as last week but it wasn’t quite working for us. We made the change and the last 15 minutes of the first half was better when we went to 4-3-3.

“In the second half we were much better, but it looked like the ball was never going to drop for us. We got the goal back as well earlier but we just couldn’t quite find that quality and final pass to get the winner.”

Before his replacement, Iheanacho was involved in a melee with Norwich City players for continuing play after the ball was kicked out to seek medical treatment for Emiliano Buendia.

In his reaction to the incident, Rodgers said the Super Eagles forward, scorer of four goals in five games this season, misunderstood the situation and he could have been expelled.

“He totally misread that situation. The ball should go back. Thankfully nothing came of that,” he continued.

“Most times the ball will be given back. It led to the situation which might have led to a red card which would have been an awkward one as well.

“They were disappointed that he wanted to try to get in and score. Young Kels, I’m not sure what he was thinking to be honest. He’s an honest boy. He’s clearly got kicked. Thankfully it was sorted out and nothing else happened.”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2019
Everton's interim coach, Duncan Ferguson on Everton's draw away at Manchester Utd and his special mention of Iwobi....

“I am very happy overall, a little bit disappointed we couldn’t hang on… but it is a fantastic point,”

“I think the 4-4-2 causes other team problems, you can get pressure on the ball and it worked really, really well.

“They [players] are fighting for us, fighting for the Club and fighting for myself and I could not be prouder of them.

“They boys were tremendous, they were warriors out there.

“This shows we can compete against the best teams in the league if we put in the work, which we are.

“We have the quality and good players, they keep a good shape and defend well.

“You need to ride your luck but I think we have a very strong team, we make sure we keep a good shape and work from there.”

“Everyone was dropping like flies, we had a lot of sickness – but I like a 4-4-2 and thought Mason would do a good job in midfield and was proven correct.

“I thought he was tremendous, they all were.

"Alex Iwobi was incredible, the distances he was covering,

“Richarlison always runs himself into the ground, we have a fantastic striker [Dominic Calvert-Lewin] who will chase everything, centre-backs getting in blocks and headers and Seamus coming in and playing like he did.

“All round it was a tremendous effort."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19am On Dec 16, 2019
Iheanacho transfer news update/rumors:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
From @Osasuo on the ongoing tv rights case between CAF and Lagardere Sports.

@CAF_Online, in this statement below, says it has emerged victorious in the arbitral proceedings which Lagardère Sports (LS) brought against it, at the International Chamber of Commerce in Geneva, Switzerland. I wait to hear what LS has to say about this. And the ICC itself.

Follow up on the latest between CAF and Lagardere Sports (LS).

The quoted post above gave CAF's version of the verdict. Well, LS just dropped their own version as seen below...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:01am On Dec 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Who saw Dennis's goal yesterday? cheesy Chaaaiiii... This dancing drunken winger no go kee somebori.... Kinda replicated Suarez's goal. Lol

Check it out here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGEyD3LiMkM

1.40 secs.... His involvement in the first goal scored by Tau.

2.08secs.... Dennis' Suarez-like goal.

Watch a Belgian Reporter talk to him about the goal post-match (0.01secs - 0.26secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LauHNG1yFlA

That goal too sweet Abeg, he would have been denied a legit goal of not for VAR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2019
safarigirl:

Awo should have listened to Ojukwu and seceded when he had the opportunity, but we are here. A secession clause could have been removed at any point anyway.

I wanted to skip this but Kai I just can't help it

I find your logic shocking. Why skip the chain of causation? Have you read the debates on the secession clause and the reasons advanced by both parties. Read Azikiwe here in his own words
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/27/flashback-why-i-opposed-awolowo-on-secession-zik/amp/

Let's be honest abeg. How easy would it have been to remove a secession clause if it had been inserted in the constitution? Is that how easy constitutional amendments are?

Awolowo should have listened when he had the opportunity but the person who did not listen when the opportunity FIRST presented itself 13 years earlier, at a time unclogged by the complications of war is deftly skipped and you run on to blame Awolowo?

As a people what we hate the most is the mirror. Wahala dey for this country

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:49am On Dec 16, 2019
Joebie:
I had to put a bold on that, but could not find gold color to complete the formatting. There is more I would like to say, but you have said enough.

But did you read her reply to Edi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Joebie:
Essentially what Dessers is saying here is that he doesn't see any chance of him competing with Belgium's current generation of forwards. So I don't actually get it when we use the words, "patriotic pride". The boy knows where has a better opportunity, and he fancies it all the same.

What if he had illusions as many others do regarding their chances with England, Germany, etc and keep dilly dallying.

Don't you think patriotism clarified his vision and made him more realistic?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Bordeaux's Nigeria international Josh Maja is the subject of interest from English Premier League side Chelsea, it has been claimed.

According to a report from 90min.com, The Blues are contemplating a January move for Bordeaux forward Josh Maja to offer competition to Tammy Abraham.

With 11 goals in 16 matches, Abraham is Chelsea's leading scorer in the Premier League, with the next players Christian Pulisic and Mason Mount scoring five goals each.

French World Cup winner Olivier Giroud is behind the Anglo-Nigerian striker in Frank Lampard's pecking order of strikers and has been linked with a departure from Stamford Bridge next month to improve his chances of making the France roster for the 2020 European Championship.

Maja is one of the most in-form Nigerian players at the moment, contributing to six goals (4 goals, 2 assists) in his last four starts for Bordeaux in Ligue 1.

Only yesterday, he was watched by five Premier League clubs namely Arsenal, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Burnley as Bordeaux were beaten 1-0 by Strasbourg.

The former Sunderland striker has a contract with Bordeaux until June 30, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2019
Liverpool vs Atletico

Mancity vs Madrid

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
UCL round of 16 draw:

Dortmund (GER) vs Paris Saint German (PSG)
Real Madrid (ESP) vs Man. City (ENG)
Atlanta (ITA) vs Valencia (ESP)
Atletico (ESP) vs Liverpool (ENG)
Chelsea (ENG) vs Bayern (GER)
Lyon (FRA) vs Juventus (ITA)
Tottenham vs Leipzig (GER)
Napoli (ITA) vs Barcelona (ESP)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
Ndifreke Effiong suspended by Akwa United for being rude to the coach. Cc: bascovaneli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
oloriooko:
UCL round of 16 draw:

Dortmund (GER) vs Paris Saint German (PSG)
Real Madrid (ESP) vs Man. City (ENG)
Atlanta (ITA) vs Valencia (ESP)
Atletico (ESP) vs Liverpool (ENG)
Chelsea (ENG) vs Bayern (GER)
Lyon (FRA) vs Juventus (ITA)
Tottenham vs Leipzig (GER)
Napoli (ITA) vs Barcelona (ESP)

Real Madrid go flog Man City.

Atletico Vs Liverpool na 50:50..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes Atletico and Liverpool Na 50/50 but Liverpool is the better team

If you are sincere you would not say Real Madrid will beat mancity ,Laporte will be back then ,mancity will Beat Madrid,I have no choice than to say this

As for your Chelsea ,you will be raped ,unless you buy better players January that you can stand a chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
Europa league Round of 32 draws...

Dennis and Okereke vs Manchester Utd grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nothing for ManC this season, na barren Pep dey
Pool will scatter Atleti easily
forgiveness:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aribo and Rangers vs Sporting Braga

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2019
Europa round of 32 draw:

Wolves vs Espanyol
Sporting Lisbon vs Istanbul Basakshir
Getafe vs Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen vs Porto
Copenhagen vs Celtic
Apoel vs Basel
Cluj vs Sevilla
AZ Alkmaar vs LASK
Brugge vs Manchester United
Ludogorets vs Inter Milan
Eintracht Frankfurt vs FC Salzburg
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Benfica
Wolfsburg vs Malmo
Roma vs Genk
Rangers vs Braga
Olympiacos vs Arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
oloriooko:

Hahaha

Pep getting more enemies because he made the league looks easy and dominated ,he beat so many teams like sheep with big margin

Despite Liverpool now 90 percent to win the league you guys are still in pains grin

I don’t know the team you support but I am sure your team will go trophyless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

No b only 50:50...na phone a friend grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
elyte89:

No b only 50:50...na phone a friend grin

I wanted to say he was pretending ,thou anything can happen in football

He didn’t call mancity 50/50 he said Real Madrid will beat them ,lol

I would just call Atletico and Liverpool the 50/50 because ATM are just stubborn ,but in my mind I know Liverpool will beat them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

lol be judging an injury ravaged city side. February Man city will flog real madrid. Liverpool will sweat to beat atletico madrid though but they will still win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Hahaha

Pep getting more enemies because he made the league looks easy and dominated ,he beat so many teams like sheep with big margin

Despite Liverpool now 90 percent to win the league you guys are still in pains grin

I don’t know the team you support but I am sure your team will go trophyless
How won't he beat teams after spending over 500mill on an already brilliant squad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
DrKlever:
lol be judging an injury ravaged city side. February Man city will flog real madrid. Liverpool will sweat to beat atletico madrid though but they will still win.
Don't be too sure about city, Pep's teams struggle against teams that can attack well and teams who are very good on the counter, if Zidane can do either then Madrid will win but if not City go pound them like fufu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
oloriooko:

Even as a Liverpool fan, I am wary of that club. They are very tricky and play similar to Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
jihday:
How won't he beat teams after spending over 500mill on an already brilliant squad

Help me ask am. Even on FM 2019, access to such money means that I will never loose again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
It’s not about what I think. You can only make deductions from the quote. So what did he say that implies he prefers Nigeria to Belgium or he feels more connected to Nigeria By illusion what did he mean in this context?

Mujtahida:

What if he had illusions as many others do regarding their chances with England, Germany, etc and keep dilly dallying.

Don't you think patriotism clarified his vision and made him more realistic?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7970) (7971) (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), Danielnino00(m), superbloke(m), maidaboi(m), Philosopher1979, lordofstrings and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.