Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,728 members, 7,834,418 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11774921 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) (7977) (7978) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
Humility017:

and to think....
that some folks here;

somehow
forgiveness
and Prof. Komekn

kicked against the inclusion of Icons4 in the selection committe speaks volume...

I have not seen any of the later names post this voting template or Komekn even made his votes (if he has voted) since that committe was inaugurated...

but this guys were kicking against the inclusion of someone ready to do the job....
it baflles me that some peeps won't work, still will not want others to work....

this should be an eye opening for some of us voting carelessly in this forum[b]...this is the paramount reason why DemocrAcy has not helped Nigeria at all.....[/b]

because Nigerians are faced with the dangers of democracy, which is; it may enthrone mediocrity at the expense of competency if the majority are not enlightened or educated....

Thanks Oga ICON4s it shows you are a diligent man.... I won't be surprised if you're a project manager....because you've proved it...

and for those who were chanting Democracy hope they can now attest to the chants they made....

no issues though...just want them to see the reason why I took it upon myself to see you and Andrew inclusion in that committe.
grin

I can see your mentality has been polluted and thereby become rotten going by the bolded. It needs redemption.

Are you even practicing true democracy in Nigeria in the first place? Nonsense talk.

Besides, who told you another person wouldn't have done better? You wanted Icons4, Icons4 you have. Keep mute.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Man City is Real Madrid sandwiches. grin

Don't worry about Chelsea.

Okay ooo

But they have only beat them ones nah so how are they sandwiches ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Okay ooo

But they have only beat them ones nah so how are they sandwiches ?

Let us wait until them. Football is unpredictable at this stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
Humility017:

and to think....
that some folks here;

somehow
forgiveness
and Prof. Komekn

kicked against the inclusion of Icons4 in the selection committe speaks volume...

I have not seen any of the later names post this voting template or Komekn even made his votes (if he has voted) since that committe was inaugurated...

but this guys were kicking against the inclusion of someone ready to do the job....
it baflles me that some peeps won't work, still will not want others to work....

this should be an eye opening for some of us voting carelessly in this forum...this is the paramount reason why DemocrAcy has not helped Nigeria at all.....

because Nigerians are faced with the dangers of democracy, which is; it may enthrone mediocrity at the expense of competency if the majority are not enlightened or educated....

Thanks Oga ICON4s it shows you are a diligent man.... I won't be surprised if you're a project manager....because you've proved it...

and for those who were chanting Democracy hope they can now attest to the chants they made....

no issues though...just want them to see the reason why I took it upon myself to see you and Andrew inclusion in that committe.
grin

Thanks bro. smiley

Na service to my beloved Nation o and onto say make all the discussions and arguments wey we dey do here from January to December culminate into something that can be show-cased outside of here.

We have all done well, both the Committee members and the general house.

I must say that voters turn out was overwhelmingly high. smiley
....and collation and counting are still in progress. The winners of the various award categories shall be announced in a matter of Days/hours.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
A new report by CIES Football Observatory has identified the Most Valuable Players per big-five league teams in Europe consisting of the Spanish La Liga, English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1, and one Nigeria international has been named as the most influential player at his club.

Only players fielded for at least nine (MVPs) and respectively six (per domain) full domestic league matches are included.

CIES developed a property algorithm to assess the performance of footballers from the exclusive data produced by the leading sports company OptaPro

There are no prizes for guessing that Victor Osimhen has had the biggest influence on Lille's results so far in the 2019-2020 campaign, and the Super Eagles number nine also heads the table for shooting at Lille.

Winger Samuel Kalu has been named as Bordeaux's top dribbler while central defender Chidozie Awaziem tops the CD Leganes rankings for rigour (duels).

When it comes to chances created, Alex Iwobi leads the way at Everton, while Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and Bournemouth's Philip Billing have made the most recoveries (interceptions) for their respective clubs.

Nigeria Football Federation target Felix Uduokhai is FC Augsburg's top man for rigour.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

I can see your mentality has been polluted and thereby become rotten going the bolded. It needs redemption.

Are you even practicing true democracy in Nigeria in the first place? Nonsense talk.

Besides, who told you another person wouldn't have done better? You wanted Icons4, Icons4 you have. Keep mute.

so the buhari you guys elected in 2015 was not democracy...tell me what it is

because I know GEJ unlike now...there was at least over 50% chAnces of free and fair election.... many ignorant folks misused to elect the man in aso rock....

and for ICON4s inclusion and another person doing the job better if he was not there....
is that the reason you'll have failed to do the job instead...
why didn't you step in to do the job egbon

probably seeing icon there made you to become complacent.
you need to change...ooo it is not every time and every thing that you should be controversial about....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Let us wait until them. Football is unpredictable at this stage.

Now you are talking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 12:00am On Dec 17, 2019
Humility017:

and to think....
that some folks here;

somehow
forgiveness
and Prof. Komekn

this should be an eye opening for some of us voting carelessly in this forum...this is the paramount reason why DemocrAcy has not helped Nigeria at all.....

grin

To think that you were quietly waiting for voting to close to say this interest me more grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:31am On Dec 17, 2019
Your childishness must always show.

So exposing hypocrisy is now me kicking against another person?

If I start with you again, they will say I am this and that.

Small boy you are.
Humility017:

and to think....
that some folks here;

somehow
forgiveness
and Prof. Komekn

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:32am On Dec 17, 2019
Chelsea sent scouts to watch Chukwueze's last game

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:47am On Dec 17, 2019
somehow:

Small boy you are.

Most of them are quick to cry foul and call someone childish

But it’s all written clear

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2019
somehow:

Small boy you are.

Childish
But you were the one crying all over the thread that day..... citing us not being democratic and using the Nigeria scenario to paint us undemocratic and all....

Even when I took time explain to you and many others...that they initially thought icons4 and Andrew had automatical admission into the selection committee...

Your words drew up my other two friends...prof & egbon to join the trade even the latter took it up like a personal project to kick against his inclusion....

I just want you to understand...that even though what you initially said was right...but you see to get the best from laws and the whole system...the rules has to be flexible.... we can't always be right always....

I have no ill feelings just want you and others to see that and understand the reason why we wanted his inclusion....

Hope you've voted?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Most of them are quick to cry foul and call someone childish

But it’s all written clear

You're very subtle and cunning sha...

What's the reason for this words nahhh...

Or where you not in this thread when it almost turned to fight all because some us called for automatic inclusion of you and icons4 in the selection committee? ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2019
M7even:

To think that you were quietly waiting for voting to close to say this interest me more grin grin grin
LOL...
It just occur to me yesterday...and made me happy that the reason for calling and agaitating for his inclusion has not gone to waste.....

Sometimes rules should be relaxed for the result sake.......

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Icon4s:

Thanks bro. smiley

Na service to my beloved Nation o and onto say make all the discussions and arguments wey we dey do here from January to December culminate into something that can be show-cased outside of here.

We have all done well, both the Committee members and the general house.

I must say that voters turn out was overwhelming high. smiley
....and collation and counting are still in progress. The winners of the various award categories shall be announced in a matter of Days/hours.

Well done sir.....
You guys are doing a good job....
Please keep.it up...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2019
Mujtahida:

Komekn shey you see how tempered Rogers was in his assessment of the situation unlike the gusto and relish which has characterized your own assessment.
Iheanacho did nothing wrong to me
He was just deeply engrossed in the game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Is referendum in Nigeria's constitution? All he said was you erred big time for blaming Awolowo instead of Zik but you are trying to find a way out.

I blame them both.

Both Awolowo and Zik failed at different times when they had opportunities. Zik first, then Awolowo some years later

I am not finding a way out. I am blaming two of them for the failure. You cannot exonerate Awolowo from his own fault, just like the entire Igbo land still blames Zik for dragging the East into this useless contraption.

Sadly, some people are still making the foolish error by thinking there is something to work out in this country, that is why we are being sunk deeper into the depths of mediocrity. Awolowo and Zik are gone, what about the people of today?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2019
Subzero047:
Chelsea sent scouts to watch Chukwueze's last game
not yet ready
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2019
Now that the Chelsea transfer ban has been lifted, I think Chelsea will do with chukwueze..he will get playing time there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2019
maidaboi:
not yet ready
Is it when he gets to 40 that he will be ready?
Ansu fahti isn't ready yet but he is playing in Barca..if chukwueze cant command a starting shirt in that Chelsea team, then he should move to china.
Most times, working with a top coach could make the difference..just look at NDIDI now, how much he has improved under Rodgers, his passing more especially..The lad is currently the best DM in the prem..
So I think chukwueze lack of goals/ endproduct will be solved by working with a top coach..my opinion though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2019
Man city chasing Ibrahim Said

From Man city official page

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2019
nairalandankrah:
Now that the Chelsea transfer ban has been lifted, I think Chelsea will do with chukwueze..he will get playing time there

Yeah his competition is Willian and CHO and he is better than both
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2019
Subzero047:

Chukwueze is better than Hudson-odoi but Willian, i doubt that.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2019
DrKlever:
Chukwueze is better than Hudson-odoi but Willian, i doubt that.
Chukwueze is a baller..I'll take him over William anytime anyday .he also has age on his side
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2019
Super Eagles Interviews: Semi Ajayi

Speaks on his role in the team, the team's Afcon 2021 qualifiers chances, and more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaWVUJHpWfE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2019
Humility017:

Childish
But you were the one crying all over the thread that day..... citing us not being democratic and using the Nigeria scenario to paint us undemocratic and all....

Even when I took time explain to you and many others...that they initially thought icons4 and Andrew had automatical admission into the selection committee...

Your words drew up my other two friends...prof & egbon to join the trade even the latter took it up like a personal project to kick against his inclusion....

I just want you to understand...that even though what you initially said was right...but you see to get the best from laws and the whole system...the rules has to be flexible.... we can't always be right always....

I have no ill feelings just want you and others to see that and understand the reason why we wanted his inclusion....

Hope you've voted?

Seems you just want controversy!
Did icon4s or anyone else tell you I have not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2019
I support ManC but I know this season is barren cuz the defense is a mess
andrewbaba44:

Hahaha

Pep getting more enemies because he made the league looks easy and dominated ,he beat so many teams like sheep with big margin

Despite Liverpool now 90 percent to win the league you guys are still in pains grin

I don’t know the team you support but I am sure your team will go trophyless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LaMujer: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2019
Subzero047:

question is, will he bench Odoi??

i mean, i'm just asking.

If not for Odoi's apparent loss of form, he was benching Willian and even Pulisic at some point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2019
oloriooko:
I support ManC but I know this season is barren cuz the defense is a mess

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2019
Humility017:

You're very subtle and cunning sha...

What's the reason for this words nahhh...

Or where you not in this thread when it almost turned to fight all because some us called for automatic inclusion of you and icons4 in the selection committee? ??

No sir it was icon4s ooo and not me

Icon4s really did a good job from the last one till now to be sincere

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
LaMujer:

question is, will he bench Odoi??

i mean, i'm just asking.

If not for Odoi's apparent loss of form, he was benching Willian and even Pulisic at some point

As if Odoi is not bang average ,he is not better than chuks

I once said it here they lampard is bias for using odoi ahead of pulisic ,odoi is no where near pulisic level ,he only started ahead of pulisic for just 3 games before lampard did the right thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Chuks is miles better than odoi abi odoh.
andrewbaba44:

As if Odoi is not bang average ,he is not better than chuks

I once said it here they lampard is bias for using odoi ahead of pulisic ,odoi is no where near pulisic level ,he only started ahead of pulisic for just 3 games before lampard did the right thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) (7977) (7978) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, humility33(m), Eligreat247 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.