Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,746 members, 7,862,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11940405 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8052) (8053) (8054) (8055) (8056) (8057) (8058) ... (16352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2019
The funny part of this debate is that most of those clamoring for Rhor to watch NPFL matches don't go to stadium to watch NPFL nor watch it on television if shown.

I challenge them to mention just 3 players from each of the NPFL teams. Or at least 7 coaches and the team they coach without doing a search.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:26am On Dec 29, 2019
ChrisKels:
No pun intended, but Rashford now has 12goals ahead of Tammy who had 9 when Rashy was in 3.

Euro2020 dreams going up in flames before dawn?

Abraham will go to the euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2019
mank1234:
The funny part of this debate is that most of those clamoring for Rhor to watch NPFL matches don't go to stadium to watch NPFL nor watch it on television if shown.

I challenge them to mention just 3 players from each of the NPFL teams. Or at least 7 coaches and the team they coach without doing a search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
mank1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Rohr needs to scout and decide for himself if there are no talents. He can not stay and Europe and summarize that we have no talents in the NPFL and NNL.
Why look for light inside darkness?

That's a fool's errand.

Tbaba1234 summed it up brilliantly when he said that the proof of the deadness of the local league lies in the recent performances of our best exports

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2019
i remembered vividly when rohr came on board he made out time to watch few league and cup games and that is when he made it known to the media and his employers that our best legs are in Europe. this was one of the reason he started working on bringing in european born nigerians to add more quality to the team

Europeans go for what will yield them the desired results not painting words nor romancing lies. pinnick and his vice who is the LMC boss how many times have they made out time to watch npfl games?

Mujtahida:

Why look for light inside darkness?

That's a fool's errand.

Tbaba1234 summed it up brilliantly when he said that the proof of the deadness of the local league lies in the recent performances of our best exports

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2019
maidaboi:
spot on
Yes spot on that Rohr is selecting or inviting players on merit right

And not based on any yeye home based discovery tag that often fade away in no time due to age falsification.

Look brother, if you see me in real life, you won't ever believe that I am already over 40 ooo

So, as a footballer, I can claim 20, 21, 22, 23 or 24 just to find myself in Oversea oooo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:40am On Dec 29, 2019
the same pinnick crucified keshi for fielding mostly home based players in his team then and worked very hard in convincing some of the foreign born players we have in the team today and is still working on bringing more on board then why this sudden ultimatum in rohr's contract that he must reside in nigeria in order to look inwards to unearth the next messi,cr7 and gigi buffon?

Kbs468:

And not based on any yeye home based discovery tag that often fade away in no time due to age falsification.

Look brother, if you see me in real life, you won't ever believe that I am already over 40 ooo

So, as a footballer, I can claim 20, 21, 22, 23 or 24 just to find myself in Oversea oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:41am On Dec 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i remembered vividly when rohr came on board he made out time to watch few league and cup games and that is when he made it known to the media and his employers that our best legs are in Europe. this was one of the reason he started working on bringing in european born nigerians to add more quality to the team

Europeans go for what will yield them the desired results not painting words nor romancing lies. pinnick and his vice who is the LMC boss how many times have they made out time to watch npfl games?

The local league is mud. Old men with wack coaches. The league oozes with everything negatively Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:41am On Dec 29, 2019
the same pinnick crucified keshi for fielding mostly home based players in his team then and worked very hard in convincing some of the foreign born players we have in the team today and is still working on bringing more on board then why this sudden ultimatum in rohr's contract that he must reside in nigeria in order to look inwards to unearth the next messi,cr7 and gigi buffon?

Kbs468:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:43am On Dec 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the u20 and u23 teams which are suppose to serve as the nursery to the super eagles team were compromised but everyone turned a blind eye to it rather ranting and screaming that rohr should take the useless contract offered to him or he should leave.

the same abundant talents scattered all over nigeria were ignored when amakabo and the u20 coach assembled teams that are rated as the worst the country have come up with in this decade. nonsense!

Very well said in resonance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:50am On Dec 29, 2019
safarigirl:

I feel like crossing out this entire thing you started.

Everything in this post is trash, sorry to say

When Leicester dropped Iheanacho, did Rohr not have talks with the managers concerning him? He even came to give us feedback. When Kelechi was playing rubbish and could barely get game time last year, did Rohr not take him to Russia despite that? Did he just drop him out of nowhere? Which club was doing work for him?

And for you to even include Uzoho's gist hen.....may somebody not rubbish your past efforts one day, in a bid to justify your struggles in the present.
Besides has it not been settled here (and it accords with common sense) that club form should be the parameter for NT invite?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:51am On Dec 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

Please where are Oboabana and Ogude today?? BY 2015, Oboabana was finished. Is that what you can a gem.
Rare gem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:51am On Dec 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mujtahida:

Rare gem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:52am On Dec 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
it's not simple because indirectly you are of the opinion that rohr should reside in nigeria and comb the whole of ijebu ode and ahiazu inorder to unearth the next messi and cr7.

in this era if you are not doing it in europe as a player you are not good enough. countries like Brazil and Argentina boast of the best clubs and leagues in the american continent but how many of the players from their local scene makes their national team?

Well nothing to say again.

It's left for NFF to decide and left for Rohr to accept.

I think NFF and Rohr would work it out for the growth of Nigeria football whether he reside in Afghanistan or Australia.

The contract is to be signed with agreement from both parties and any grey area would be sorted out.

The present NFF employed him in the first place and i think it's still the same NFF,so no issue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:54am On Dec 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Maybe the motivating factor for his regular travels then was his personal travelling allowance benefits and not out of genuine patriotism in modesty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:58am On Dec 29, 2019
do you guys know that 60% of the current super eagles players where all product of various academies and amateur clubs before they left the shores of 9ja to europe? it's only musa,omeruo and shehu (dis one na federal character quota still they make am get invite cheesy) are those who spent time in clubs from the npfl? musa played for a season (if am right) for kano pillars while omeruo didn't play up to a season with kwara united abi sunshine stars before they left for holland and belgium.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:02am On Dec 29, 2019
Mujtahida:

Rare gem
grin grin grin grin grin

Sunday Mba too

Rare gem indeed
Old papilos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kbs468:
grin grin grin grin grin

Sunday Mba too

Rare gem indeed
Old papilos

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:17am On Dec 29, 2019
mank1234:

Bros, Don't mind them ooo.

Ever since my presence in here, the monikers that usually say or Post about the NPFL on Sundays regularly includes DrLikita12, Somehow, Odunayaw and Bascovanveli

With the rest commenting on their Post alike when the content of the Said posts are made known
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Kbs468:
Football
‘New clause in Rohr’s contract means redemption for Nigerian football’

By Samuel Ifetoye
28 December 2019 | 4:15 am

Former International, Adegoke Adelabu, has described the inclusion of a new clause by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) before Coach Gernot Rohr’s contract can be renewed as a welcome development.

NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, had on Thursday admitted an error in the first deal signed with Rohr, saying that the new pact for the Franco-German coach would now include living in the country, which allows him only to travel twice or thrice in a year and that his list of players for any national engagement must be sanctioned by the NFF technical committee before the players are invited.

Speaking to The Guardian yesterday on the new condition by the NFF, Adelabu stated that aside the new clause for Rohr’s deal extension, that competent coaches must also be engaged to assist him with a view of taking over from him by the time the new deal ends if he agrees.

Adelabu said: “My concern with Rohr is to find out whether he was able to fulfill the objectives of his first contract before extending it. Another one is has there been any improvement in our game and the mode of selecting players?

“If the NFF technical committee has to approve of any player he invites to the camp, then we have to find out why they want that now?

Adelabu stated that it was worrisome that a coach would solely rely on foreign-based players, and do things in his own way before every international engagement.

“I think what the NFF needs to do now is to engage a coach that must be ready to sacrifice for the country. The mistake made in the past shouldn’t be allowed again. They must employ local coaches that will assist and learn from any foreigner they engage so that when he goes, our coaches can take over.

“The coaches around Rohr how competent are they? Are they good enough to take over from him when he leaves? There must be a take-over process because we can’t continue to rely on a foreigner to steer the affairs of the Super Eagles,” he said.

Adelabu also stressed the need for Rohr to abide with the new clause because Nigeria needed a coach who will look into the league for players good enough for the national team. “Anything short of that means he is not interested and they should allow him go,” he stated.
they should just stop this local players talk, it's becoming irritating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:18am On Dec 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

What is this one saying?

It looks like Pinnick is out to destroy the only national team that is doing well.

I swear, it's just annoying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:22am On Dec 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
this your reasoning na old model man reasoning cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

so you are expecting the national team coach to move to all corners of nigeria to scout starlets when nigeria is already blessed with thousands of players in europe begging for a chance in the team?

ogbeni that is the job of the coaches of the national youth team.

It's a very stupid argument. It's absolute nonsense. Every good hunter knows you hunt where you can easily find game.

So as a good fisherman you will leave the part of the sea where there's a shoal of fish and go cast your net in the barren part of the waters because you are looking for 'gems'.? Does this even make sense?

In the 90's it made sense to scout for players in the local league because that was where the pool of talents was. Today that pool has evaporated and the talents are now in Europe yet some saboteurs say the coach should go look for players in the local league where it would be difficult for him to find one rather than concentrate his search in Europe where prime talents are.

Don't worry shebi you guys are crying for local content as per local league players. Wait in a few years time then the team will be dominated by FB players the campaign and cry will be for the inclusion of Nigerian born, foreign based players to be included.

One thing is that this world never goes back. Its always moving forward. Even when you think there has been regression to the past, look very carefully and you'd find the stamp of the present on it. Okonkwo refused to let go of the past. As a strong man he sought to use his power to stave off the irrepressible call that came to his people. Okonkwo dashed himself against the rock he sought to resist and was crushed to pieces. The people heeded the call and moved on.

I don't like today's machine football but I know that regardless of my desires, regardless of my wailings, I cannot bring back the era of Maradona, Gullit, Van Basten, Baggio etc. That era is gone.

Hear me my people the era of the local league is gone!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:24am On Dec 29, 2019
jihday:
they should just stop this local players talk, it's becoming irritating
grin grin grin grin grin

For just quoting the post now means you are still far far behind.

Please just read on Brother.

You will enjoy yourself along
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:28am On Dec 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

What is this one saying?

It looks like Pinnick is out to destroy the only national team that is doing well.

I swear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:31am On Dec 29, 2019
well said!
Mujtahida:

It's a very stupid argument. It's absolute nonsense. Every good hunter knows you hunt where you can easily find game.

So as a good fisherman you will leave the part of the sea where there's a shoal of fish and go cast your net in the barren part of the waters because you are looking for 'gems'.? Does this even make sense?

In the 90's it made sense to scout for players in the local league because that was where the pool of talents was. Today that pool has evaporated and the talents are now in Europe yet some saboteurs say the coach should go look for players in the local league where it would be difficult for him to find one rather than concentrate his search in Europe where prime talents are.

Don't worry shebi you guys are crying for local content as per local league players. Wait in a few years time then the team will be dominated by FB players the campaign and cry will be for the inclusion of Nigerian born, foreign based players to be included.

One thing is that this world never goes back. Its always moving forward. Even when you think there has been regression to the past, look very carefully and you'd find the stamp of the present on it. Okonkwo refused to let go of the past. As a strong man he sought to use his power to stave off the irrepressible call that came to his people. Okonkwo dashed himself against the rock he sought to resist and was crushed to pieces. The people heeded the call and moved on.

I don't like today's machine football but I know that regardless of my desires, regardless of my wailings, I cannot bring back the era of Maradona, Gullit, Van Basten, Baggio etc. That era is gone.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Nwakaeme with a goal ,17 games 5 goals and 4 assists
bang average
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:36am On Dec 29, 2019
Kog45:
Thegoodjoe I got your point wella and i want to say nothing wrong if Rohr can devote little time to watch Nigeria league.

Truly Westerhoff era cannot be compared to this era but one thing is glaring Rohr need to look inwards and see what is really going on.Nobody is forcing any player on Rohr or trying to create quota for home based team.

It's simple Ezenwa was Rohr best home based player but the same Ezenwa has been finding it hard to be number one in various club he has been keeping for in the same NPFL.

The question is who are the keepers displacing Ezenwa in Nigeria league and funny enough we have issue in that department, meaning Rohr has not done enough when it comes to monitoring of Nigeria league.

Oh I see someone cited Akpoborie's comment regards NPFL.I want to tell anyone who care to listen that Akpoborie does not believe in anything related to Football in Nigeria so i don't take his words serious,not an authority when it comes to rooted local football discussion.

I think Clemens Westerhoff got it right from onset and kick start with local boys cos he resided in Nigeria and was able to discovered a lot of players.Mind you we have enough professional players as at that time,players like Stephen Keshi,Chidi Nwanu, Samson Siasia,Austin Eguavoen, Andrew Uwe, Ademola Adeshina,Peter Rufai,Wilfred Agbonavbare, Dominic Iorfa,Dahiru Sadi,Andrew Uwe,Chris Ohenhen,Mutiu Adepoju,Mike Obiku,Uche Okafor,Efan Ekoku,Rasheed Yekini,Richard Owubokiri,Emma Okocha,Mike Emanelo, Jonathan Akpoborie etc but this did not disturb Westerhoff from looking inwards for good players.

But can Rohr achieve this feat?NO cos we have enough players to pick from outside especially FBs.I think NPFL deserve Rohr attention matter what,may be the league can be rescued.

There is no way he will not see one or two players that can complement his team or just give them necessary exposure.I remember how Thijs Libreght discovered Sunday Johnson and Oluwole Johnson from NPFL and if not for his early exit those guys would have made it.

I remember Sunday Johnson made Sydney 2000 as only outfield home based player,the guy was a combination of Finidi George and Tijani Babaginda.

I know some don't want to hear Keshi's name but he did it with Oboboana,Mba though career wise they are stagnant but he won Afcon with those guys.

Time for Rohr to give us great eagles cos he have enough talents to do it for now with player like Osimhen,Chuckwueze,Aribo etc and watching NPFL would raise the status of Nigeria league a little bit.
Raising the league through unearthing of talents is the superficial approach we always like to adopt in Nigeria.

We are only trying to project the failings of the local league on the coach and saddling him with a burden that is not his to bear.

Let institutional reforms be put in place to set up the league not that we'd sweep the deadness of the league under the garment of one or two exceptional players found by the coach.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:40am On Dec 29, 2019
Mujtahida:

Indeed!

Was it not here that someone said that Austin JJ Okocha cannot cut it in modern day football owing to evolution?

Haven't we seen that in how Rabiu Ibrahim and Victor Brown of the U17 fame faded out as they couldn't replaced him (Okocha)?

When the Best legs in the country at all levels are running away abroad,

TheGoodJoe want Rohr to discover another Amokachie, Oliseh, Finidi, Babangida, Kanu, Oruma etc

From the NPFL leagues of Papilos
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If Rohr stays far from Nigeria, he would not find the unpolished gems that could add a lot to the Super Eagles. Heck, the man hardly watches local games and have hardly scouted the home scene.

Westerhof found a 16 years Amokachi after watching a home game, who later became a quality player for club or country.

If Westerhof was based in Europe, he would never have noticed Amokachi and a host of others.
lol, unpolished gems that can't dominate African club competitions

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:43am On Dec 29, 2019
mank1234:

Is a simple stuff now. When teacher wey set exam question no know d answer, na every answer be correct answer. Dahiru sani, Ahmed alli, rabiu, alli from kano pillars. Ifeanyi callistus, uche okonkwo, Sunday jame abia warriors and many more than I can mention.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:43am On Dec 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

Westerhof era is a long time ago. There are no talents in the league. This is what Akpoborie said about a similar idea posed to him.

We are in 2019, football has evolved. Which of our league players today can play at the highest level?? They do not exist. The evidence is in the performances of our best exports.
you can't even be arguing with Joe on this, he doesn't like Rhor so he'll say anything to justify his exit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8052) (8053) (8054) (8055) (8056) (8057) (8058) ... (16352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, ThanosKilla(m), M7even(m), daveP(m), ouzo1(m), femicyrus(m), mekabuachi, XshegzzyeeiX2, dijon and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.