Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11644808 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8165) (8166) (8167) (8168) (8169) (8170) (8171) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Very well spread
Different tribes in different clubsides.

I just laugh when some people talk about some parts of the country not "good" at playing football.
Kbs468:

Let's discuss good about our NPFL clubs oooooo

grin grin grin grin

I kinda like the geographical spread of the players playing for the different clubs

From the scorers, I can see northerners in South Eastern clubs

Yorùbá ìn the south southern teams

I'm very sure the trend cuts across the length and breath of the country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
Subzero047:

No 1 NFF hater has arrived

We need to keep an eye on you
How do you mean by No 1 NFF hater?

Just for me to appreciate a Post shedding more light on Ṣẹgun Odẹgbàmí's comment on Joseph Yobo becoming an NFF's trained Super Eagles Coach because defensive minded coaches are good at discovering good defenders now turn me to be an hater?

Is Ṣẹgun Odẹgbàmí or myself not entitled to our individual opinion again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
Official: Afcon 2021 have been brought forward. New date is now Jan 9 - Feb 6

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

Just for me to appreciate a Post shedding more light on Ṣẹgun Odẹgbàmí's comment on Joseph Yobo becoming an NFF's trained Super Eagles Coach because defensive minded coaches are good at discovering good defenders now turn me to be an hater?

Who told you that being a defender makes you a good coach? And does Nigeria have defensive issues?

I'm highly suspecting you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
somehow:
Very well spread
Different tribes in different clubsides.

I just laugh when some people talk about some parts of the country not "good" at playing football.
Yes

Absolutely. Was the debate not here too? Or was it somewhere else?

I have forgotten though but I also did came across the argument too with particular references being made to Nigeria's National teams as Case study
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Yes it was here
Kbs468:

Yes

Absolutely. Was the debate not here too? Or was it somewhere else?

I have forgotten though but I also did came across the argument too with particular references being made to Nigeria's National teams as Case study

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
Subzero047:

Who told you that being a defender makes you a good coach? And does Nigeria have defensive issues?

I'm highly suspecting you

Is Rohr not a good coach?

Was late keshi not a good local coach as a former defender too?

What about Sunday Oliseh as a coach? Was he not a defensive set up too? Is he not good too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
U people shouldn't attack me Na...I didn't in any way endorse Yobo for the national team job. I simply clarified what Odegbami said that he thinks Yobo would be a good choice for the national team job if he undergoes the necessary training..
When did it become a crime to air one's opinion..
Some misguided fellows are already calling me Rohr hater... People who are suffering from inferior complexity...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

That Yobo was a defender does not mean he will be defensive minded coach if he decides to coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
jihday:

I said it before that CAF would regret moving the AFCON to June to satisfy the demand of those European teams...

The climate around June is simply not favourable for the AFCON in most part of Africa... If FIFA can move the world cup to November because of the weather issue in Qatar,then why should CAF allow themselves to be used by those European teams? Even the Asia cup is held in January..

Any African player that doesn't want to participate in the AFCON in January due to club commitment go and retire...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

Is Rohr not a good coach?

Was late keshi not a good local coach as a former defender too?

What about Sunday Oliseh as a coach? Was he not a defensive set up too? Is he not good too?

What does that prove?

We have defenders that have flopped as coach, John Terry is the assistant coach of Aston Villa thrashed 6-0 by Mancity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
jihday:
Yes you are correct due to weather conditions in June July in Cameroon

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Danielnino00:

I said it before that CAF would regret moving the AFCON to June to satisfy the demand of those European teams...

The climate around June is simply not favourable for the AFCON in most part of Africa... If FIFA can move the world cup to November because of the weather issue in Qatar,then why should CAF allow themselves to be used by those European teams? Even the Asia cup is held in January..

Any African player that doesn't want to participate in the AFCON in January due to club commitment go and retire...

You make good points but summer tournaments allow for better preparation and less club-country conflicts.

Let's not forget, there are more African players in Europe than Asians so Europeans will definitely kick against losing important players in the middle of the season.

The weather point is very valid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
tbaba1234:

That Yobo was a defender does not mean he will be defensive minded coach if he decides to coach.
I'm not even saying he would be defensive minded ooo

But that Super Eagles wouldn't be conceding goals Left Right and center per say should he venture into coaching profession ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

But that Super Eagles wouldn't be conceding goals Left Right and center per say should he venture into coaching profession ooo

Not necessarily. Gary Neville was a defender and was poor at Valencia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
Subzero047:

What does that prove?

We have defenders that have flopped as coach, John Terry is the assistant coach of Aston Villa thrashed 6-0 by Mancity
Why are you dragging this too far na?

We are talking about Yobo and the National team Head coach but you are talking about an assistant? in a lowly rated clubside?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

Why are you dragging this too far na?

We are talking about Yobo and the National team Head coach but you are talking about an assistant? in a lowly rated clubside?

Oga Terry is the defensive coach of Aston Villa and they conceed goals in loads

That means a defender does not necessarily mean a good defensive coach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
NFF Begins Moves to Secure Ovie, Dessers Nigeria Allegiance Switch

January 15, 2020

7:29 am

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has begun moves to ensure that the pair of Heracles Almelo forward, Cyriel Dessers and Reading midfielder, Ovie Ejaria get to play for the Super Eagles, Completesports.com reports.

There are valid reports the NFF is trying to convince both Ejaria and Dessers to switch international allegiance to Nigeria and have filed their applications to the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).

One of Reading’s standout performers this term has been 22-year-old Ejaria, with the Liverpool loanee having lit up the Championship for much of the season so far since arriving at the Madejski Stadium last summer.

With three goals and three assists in 22 Championship outings, Ejaria has really thrived under the stewardship of Mark Bowen with the Welshman having deployed the youngster largely in a central midfield role that has given him licence to roam.

Ejaria will no doubt prove to be a key cog in any real push for the play-offs that Reading manage to pull off between now and the end of the season with the youngster offering both goals and creativity that will prove vital.

This is what the NFF has seen and are already working on for the player to switch international allegiance to Nigeria, same as Dessers who has had a blistering campaign with Heracles in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Meanwhile, Belgian-born Dessers who is the current leading scorer in the Eredivisie with 12 goals in 18 games for Heracles has expressed his desire to represent Nigeria ahead of Belgium, having attracted interest from both nations.

He said: “After series of discussion with the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, I have decided to fully commit myself to Nigeria and the Super Eagles and I am going to work to be part of the team and fight for more successs for the country.”

By Oluyemi Ogunseyin

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
tbaba1234:

You make good points but summer tournaments allow for better preparation and less club-country conflicts.

Let's not forget, there are more African players in Europe than Asians so Europeans will definitely kick against losing important players in the middle of the season.

The weather point is very valid.
Cameroon said there will be heavy downpour in their country during the months of June and July. I also think the change in date is good because the newly expanded club World Cup will take place May/June ending just few days to the start of the Afcon. That schedule would have been very tight for some players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

Keshi was a defender but during his time as coach we were very poor at defending set pieces, so poor that Tahiti scored corner kick against us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
nice one! wink
Kbs468:

January 15, 2020

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has begun moves to ensure that the pair of Heracles Almelo forward, Cyriel Dessers and Reading midfielder, Ovie Ejaria get to play for the Super Eagles, Completesports.com reports.

There are valid reports the NFF is trying to convince both Ejaria and Dessers to switch international allegiance to Nigeria and have filed their applications to the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).

One of Reading’s standout performers this term has been 22-year-old Ejaria, with the Liverpool loanee having lit up the Championship for much of the season so far since arriving at the Madejski Stadium last summer.

With three goals and three assists in 22 Championship outings, Ejaria has really thrived under the stewardship of Mark Bowen with the Welshman having deployed the youngster largely in a central midfield role that has given him licence to roam.

Ejaria will no doubt prove to be a key cog in any real push for the play-offs that Reading manage to pull off between now and the end of the season with the youngster offering both goals and creativity that will prove vital.

This is what the NFF has seen and are already working on for the player to switch international allegiance to Nigeria, same as Dessers who has had a blistering campaign with Heracles in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Meanwhile, Belgian-born Dessers who is the current leading scorer in the Eredivisie with 12 goals in 18 games for Heracles has expressed his desire to represent Nigeria ahead of Belgium, having attracted interest from both nations.

He said: “After series of discussion with the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, I have decided to fully commit myself to Nigeria and the Super Eagles and I am going to work to be part of the team and fight for more successs for the country.”

By Oluyemi Ogunseyin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kbs468:

January 15, 2020

By Oluyemi Ogunseyin

Both players have agreed. Ejaria, very recently.

Ejaria's switch will take some time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlesemeka85:
nice one! wink

Completesports

Take it with a pinch of salt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
i know of dessers desperate for a chance in the team but never knew the nff have been in talks with ovie to switch to us. i very happy for this development which signifies that the nff and rohr are truly working on bringing the best to the team for fortification.

also the nff should forgive whatever grievance they harbor against iorfa jnr and his dad and should as well work on getting him on board too. he is back to his senses and i believe his father regrets advising him wrongly when he was first sounded out to play for us. dude have really developed alot and too good to be ignored based on current form. he is currently one of the top CBs in the english 2nd tier and have the qualities to make the leap to the epl in the nearest future.

tbaba1234:

Both players have agreed.

Ejaria's switch will take some time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
Subzero047:

Completesports

It is true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
but you go take shovel pack the salt if the news was that the duo aren't interested in wearing our colors abi? completesports is one of the most reliable sources when it comes to sports news in nigeria ok
Subzero047:

Completesports

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlesemeka85:
i know of dessers desperate for a chance in the team but never knew the nff have been in talks with ovie to switch to us. i very happy for this development which signifies that the nff and rohr are truly working on bringing the best to the team for fortification.

also the nff should forgive whatever grievance they harbor against iorfa jnr and his dad and should as well work on getting him on board too. he is back to his senses and i believe his father regrets advising him wrongly when he was first sounded out to play for us. dude have really developed alot and too good to be ignored based on current form. he is currently one of the top CBs in the english 2nd tier and have the qualities to make the leap to the epl in the nearest future.

Ejaria has always been eager. We were the ones not reaching out to him. The switch will still take about a year to conclude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
yea i read he was willing and interested to play for us but was ignored by our youth team coaches which made him frustrated to turn out for the english u20 teams. hopefully before the end of the year he will be cleared to play for us because i know it takes over 6 months to be done
tbaba1234:

Ejaria has always been eager. We were the ones not reaching out to him. The switch will still take about a year to conclude.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlesemeka85:
but you go take shovel pack the salt if the news was that the duo aren't interested in wearing our colors abi? completesports is one of the most reliable sources when it comes to sports news in nigeria ok

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
i also believe once eze moves to an epl team he will declare for us. as a hot commodity in the championship and with the tag of an english u21 player his club qpr stands to make more from his rumored move to the epl. i so much believe alot is happening behind the scene with regards to his case
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlesemeka85:
yea i read he was willing and interested to play for us but was ignored by our youth team coaches which made him frustrated to turn out for the english u20 teams. hopefully before the end of the year he will be cleared to play for us because i know it takes over 6 months to be done

Yeah, let's just say 9 months.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlesemeka85:
i also believe once eze moves to an epl team he will declare for us. as a hot commodity in the championship and with the tag of an english u21 player his club qpr stands to make more from his rumored move to the epl. i so much believe alot is happening behind the scene with regards to his case

Not much is happening with Eze now but there is a chance, he will play for us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8165) (8166) (8167) (8168) (8169) (8170) (8171) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princezibk, Joezinho, ouzo1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.