Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,692 members, 7,862,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11938622 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) (8417) (8418) (8419) ... (16349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2020
<b> German-Born Fullback Who Models His Game After Man City's Kyle Walker Pledges Future To Nigeria </b>

Wuppertaler SV defender Noah Salau has pledged his international future to Nigeria over his country of birth, Germany.

The 23-year-old was born in Haan, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany to a Nigerian father and German mom, and turned out for the youth teams of Fortuna Düsseldorf and Wuppertaler SV, then played for Turu Düsseldorf and FC Monheim, before returning to Wuppertaler SV in 2019.

Salau is close pals with German-born goalkeeper Maduka Okoye who has pledged his international allegiance to Nigeria and has been named in the latest Super Eagles squad ahead of Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sierra Leone.

"I was born in Germany, my dad is Yoruba from Kwara State and my mother is German, " said Salau to allnigeriasoccer.com.

"It's my dream to play for Nigeria since I was little. My dad gave me Yakubu and Kanu's jerseys when he visited Nigeria.

"I watch Nigerian football and the players are very good when they are representing the national team.

"One of my friends is in the national team, Maduka Okoye, who played with my younger brother at Bayer Leverkusen.

"I want to represent my country even though I wasn't born there, my dad has told me good things about the country, I want to make my dad and family proud.''

Salau has cited Manchester City and England fullback Kyle Walker as his role model and picked former Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa as his favourite player in the Super Eagles.

"I am a fullback, can play from the left or right. I am very strong and fast.

"I model my game after Kyle Walker from Manchester City. At the moment my favourite Nigerian player is Ahmed Musa, he gives his all when he plays for the Super Eagles, " Salau concluded.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 10, 2020
junnyjake:
Nacho poor first touch let's him down this time.

He was rightly yanked off for Vardy who scores from the spot.

He has always had a poor first touch.

Nacho is third in the pecking order of the SE strikers after Osimhen and Dessers.

Nacho is not a natural no. 9. I said to myself while watching the game yesterday that Leicester better offload him and get a natural 9 as deputy for Vardy (I'm pretty sure Rogers will do this by summer).

Nacho should to Spain or France where they tap football. There he will be able to define his game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2020
kingphilip:
where were you when he made that recovery in midfield that led to the first goal?

Last night just wasn't his. But that isn't to say he contributed nothing to the team's performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2020
AllforJesus7:

He has always had a poor first touch.

Nacho is third in the pecking order of the SE strikers after Osimhen and Dessers.

Nacho is not a natural no. 9. I said to myself while watching the game yesterday that Leicester better offload him and get a natural 9 as deputy for Vardy (I'm pretty sure Rogers will do this by summer).

Nacho should to Spain or France where they tap football. There he will be able to define his game.

I'm not sure Rohr would agree with you - pecking Nacho behind Dessers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2020
junnyjake:

I'm not sure Rohr would agree with you - pecking Nacho behind Dessers

Nacho is just making a return from being dropped by the same ROHR and Dessers has been a better striker.

Rohr is loyal to his players but not sentimental.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Nacho is just making a return from being dropped by the same ROHR and Dessers has been a better striker.

You are contradicting yourself.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olu98: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Olu, it's okay. Too early for this. So you carry that moniker matter sleep sef? Na so he don rent space for your head? Haaa.... Give am quit notice and ignore.

E don do else I report any more comments that tow this line. Bonjour.

would av let it slide if he directed it at me and not my family. but no problem bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
junnyjake:

You are contradicting yourself.

No I'm not. You stated that Rohr will not agree to pecking Dessers behind Nacho and I just proved to you that Rohr is not sentimental.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
AllforJesus7:

You have to compare the strength of the league and club...
Kelechi is playing at a much higher standard compared to this dessers of a guy...
I'm pretty sure Kelechi will hit twenty goals easily playing in the Eredivisie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
Eizzy003:
<b> German-Born Fullback Who Models His Game After Man City's Kyle Walker Pledges Future To Nigeria </b>

Wuppertaler SV defender Noah Salau has pledged his international future to Nigeria over his country of birth, Germany.

The 23-year-old was born in Haan, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany to a Nigerian father and German mom, and turned out for the youth teams of Fortuna Düsseldorf and Wuppertaler SV, then played for Turu Düsseldorf and FC Monheim, before returning to Wuppertaler SV in 2019.

Salau is close pals with German-born goalkeeper Maduka Okoye who has pledged his international allegiance to Nigeria and has been named in the latest Super Eagles squad ahead of Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sierra Leone.

"I was born in Germany, my dad is Yoruba from Kwara State and my mother is German, " said Salau to allnigeriasoccer.com.

"It's my dream to play for Nigeria since I was little. My dad gave me Yakubu and Kanu's jerseys when he visited Nigeria.

"I watch Nigerian football and the players are very good when they are representing the national team.

"One of my friends is in the national team, Maduka Okoye, who played with my younger brother at Bayer Leverkusen.

"I want to represent my country even though I wasn't born there, my dad has told me good things about the country, I want to make my dad and family proud.''

Salau has cited Manchester City and England fullback Kyle Walker as his role model and picked former Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa as his favourite player in the Super Eagles.

"I am a fullback, can play from the left or right. I am very strong and fast.

"I model my game after Kyle Walker from Manchester City. At the moment my favourite Nigerian player is Ahmed Musa, he gives his all when he plays for the Super Eagles, " Salau concluded.
Nigga we don't care, go get yourself a decent club before you dream about us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zayyadidris(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
Now that seria A is suspended, how will the seria A teams playing champions league play there home games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Look like there's is a power shift in women football in Africa just watch what zambia is doing to Cameroon in Olympic qualifier
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
zayyadidris:
Now that seria A is suspended, how will the seria A teams playing champions league play there home games?

They will be playing their home games in Karachi Pakistan grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
kendrick93:
You have compare the strength of the league and club...
Kelechi is playing at a much higher standard compared to this dessers of a guy...
[b]I'm pretty sure Kelechi will hit twenty goals easily playing in the Eredivisi[/b]e

Could you quantitatively backup this claims with hard evidence?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
Blueelf:

SOME PPU NA MUMU NA..DEM GO JUST GO DEY USE MOUTH DEY SCORE GOALS FOR PLAYERS HERE...IF HE IS IN SO SO LEAGUE,HE WILL SCORE 20GOALS EASILY,IF HE IS IN DIS TEAM,HE WILL BENCH SO SO PLAYER...YEYE PPU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
AllforJesus7:

No I'm not. You stated that Rohr will not agree to pecking Dessers behind Nacho and I just proved to you that Rohr is not sentimental.

You also mentioned Rohr being loyal to some players, that's sentiments right there.

We saw Rohr play an ineligible Shehu in place of Ebuehi and it almost cost us the WC ticket.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Blueelf:

I don't think I need to back up anything....
The PL is a much higher standard of competition.....
Kelechi also has shown in the past to be an adequate goalscorer......
I have seen the Eredivisie and some of the teams are really not up to standard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
kendrick93:
I don't think I need to back up anything....
The PL is a much higher standard of competition.....
Kelechi also has shown in the past to be an adequate goalscorer......
I have seen the Eredivisie and some of the teams are really not up to standard
Eredivisie may not be at par with the premiership, but they play good football over there. Also, the league have produced great footballers down the years and I dont see that trend changing in the near future. Ajax vs Chelsea champions league was one crack of a match that I felt Ajax were abit hard done by as some crucial decisions didn't go their way.

As for Dessers, he has good vision for goals and good first touch. Mind you, a great player is always a great player regardless of the league he plays in.

More so, Kelechi may even move to Eredivisie and may not adapt to their kind of football,hence may not score much goals as u predicted. That is not my wish for him anyways!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Thoughts

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2020
Rohr on absence of NPFL players is in new list:

“There are local players we look out for but unfortunately we can't see them in CHAN cos we did not qualify.

“We have a lot of local players as sometimes I watch their games & I believe we can use the friendlies to test some of them."

Source: AOIFOOTBALL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Thoughts

Definitely ,forget what most ppu say here, once u re a gud player and u play for a top club,ur service is needed anytime anyday,same apply to vicmo too,if he's still willing to come back cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
Naturel venue

zayyadidris:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
Una sure say we no go play this qualifiers behind closed doors?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
Subzero047:

I swear bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
safarigirl:
this Haaland guy just looks like a racist bully in a video game grin

His facial features are so odd, everytime I see his picture, I don't know whether to laugh or marvel at it. I hope he looks better with age though, because there is still some baby fat to be lost on that face

I celebrate his lack of eyebrows though, a kin spirit indeed grin

Whaaat a keen sense of observation.

You are not just books, you are very intelligent.

Nne, i salute you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
elyte89:

Definitely ,forget what most ppu say here, once u re a gud player and u play for a top club,ur service is needed anytime anyday,same apply to vicmo too,if he's still willing to come back cool

Watched Vicmo at Inter, dude is washed up already. He has nothing special to offer this present team.

If Ighalo knows what's good for him, he should enjoy his retirement in peace. He left when the ovation was loud enough, there's no guarantee there'd be a repetition of same fortunes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Subzero047:

It took over 100 people getting infected in Italy to play behind closed doors, the whole of Africa has not even reached twenty cases of coronavirus, so, on what basis will the game be played behind closed doors?

You people just want to identify with a world epidemic so bad, did the world identify with Africa when Ebola ravaged it?

I repeat, on what basis will the game be played behind closed doors? The match is not even in Lagos, what concerns Asaba and Corona virus? No be every trending thing you must join, just to feel among

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 8:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mbappe with Corona virus. So bad.

Modi:

How true? Someone just said it now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nottingham Forest and Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis has tested positive for coronavirus.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
safarigirl:

It took over 100 people getting infected in Italy to play behind closed doors, the whole of Africa has not even reached twenty cases of coronavirus, so, on what basis will the game be played behind closed doors?

You people just want to identify with a world epidemic so bad, did the world identify with Africa when Ebola ravaged it?

I repeat, on what basis will the game be played behind closed doors? The match is not even in Lagos, what concerns Asaba and Corona virus? No be every trending thing you must join, just to feel among

You know we are talking about people's lives? Your writeup shows lack of empathy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2020
Utonwanne:
Mbappe with Corona virus. So bad.

Modi:

How true? Someone just said it now

Na test dem test am, the result will be out toorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) (8417) (8418) (8419) ... (16349) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Koboko99(m), enlady(f), Danielnino00(m), Silentgroper(m), superbloke(m), Ppogbae and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.