Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754763 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8447) (8448) (8449) (8450) (8451) (8452) (8453) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
Odunayaw:
You see? you know those that are benefiting. That's a rather small pinch of the whole population.

Go on the streets of Port Harcourt and see the love Wike gets. Go to the north and there are millions ready to kill for Buhari. That is what sickens me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Go on the streets of Port Harcourt and see the love Wike gets. Go to the north and there are millions ready to kill for Buhari. That is what sickens me.
I'm in the north, been there for a while. I don't see the millions ready to kill for anyone here. At least not since after last elections
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
Odunayaw:
I'm in the north, been there for a while. I don't see the millions ready to kill for anyone here. At least not since after last elections

But you noticed it before the elections. I rest my case considering how poorly Buhari performed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
do4luv14:

Guy you funny ooo, nah Soludo you dey qoute for me,

this qoute you just share is an election stretage, to discrdit Gej,

see i dont wish to go further with you on dis,

cause you will continue to bring , quotes that as baselees, as a baseball is to football

Fresh revelations emanating from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have it that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan spent about N2.2billion on prayers to fight Boko Haram.

The Nation gathered from an executive director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Aminu Baba-Kusa, that the money was spent on prayers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia to win the war against insurgency in the country.

This latest development is not part of the $2.1billion arms fund for which former National Security Adviser (NSA) Colonel Sambo Dasuki is being tried.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/760177-revealed-ex-president-jonathan-spent-n2-2bn-prayers-fight-boko-haram.html

Imagine spending this money in setting up a hospital equipment and safety kits factory, what impact it would have done today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
Pep Guardiola has donated €1 million (£920,000/$1.08 million) to help buy medical supplies in the fight against coronavirus in his home of Catalonia

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
elyte89:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Fake news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
seankafor:
Humans bout to go extinct embarassed
I've been seeing this image everywhere, don't know how true but that picture isn't that of Italian Prime Minister
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:37am On Mar 25, 2020
Chidonsky:
bros if not that i was brought up with good morals and has a Christian base foundation,i would have take up arms to fight the governmen.I hate oppression right from my childhood and i have also been intimated by human with inhuman heart.Though i choose to be good for the sake of sanity and good morals i have,if not bro something would have gone wrong.Unfortunately we have talking leaders and not acting leaders.
Dss and sars are waiting for you should you change your mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 6:02am On Mar 25, 2020
Leceister legend
This guy is world-class

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2020
#

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Introuble0087: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2020
lamarbutton:
official

Hi, you sent me a Pm but I can't access the mail for this acct as it was only a temp mail. How do I reach you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2020
Chaii you still Amaze me

okey let me ask you,

if neither GEJ nor PMB is the answer,
who would Soludo had had us voted instead?

TheGoodJoe:

APC’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, also lacks specific plans on how to salvage Nigeria’s economy should he win elections next month.

Did you read this in Soludo's quote? He clearly pointed out that Buhari was not the answer.

The fact was Goodluck was a failure. Just that Buhari was even worse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On Mar 25, 2020
do4luv14:

Chaii you still Amaze me

okey let me ask you,

if neither GEJ nor PMB is the answer,
who would Soludo had had us voted instead?

It is time we think outside the box. We have hundreds of people who will outperform both hands down. Even in the last election, Atiku failed us as a VP and Buhari already had a catastrophic time as President.

We had a brilliant choice in Kingsley Muoghalu, Fela Durotoye, Sowore who could have done more. But, they youth were still following the bandwagon of proven failures.

It is not about who Soludo will vote but how we come together, brainstorm the best person with impeccable character, history of multipurpose delivery and intellect to transform the nation in a short time.

For instance, I never believed government could work but Amaechi changed my mind with the multiple works he did in different sectors.

If we get someone who is far better than him in character, morals, intellect and vision, we can have a better Nigeria in few years to come.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 25, 2020
It seems that Man U's crosshairs are locked in on Osihmen. Another Nigerian at Old Trafford.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 25, 2020
Osimhen may be the most expensive player in Nigerian football history

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:46am On Mar 25, 2020
But Osinbajo was also exposed and currently in self isolation. He's also more than 60.
komekn:

Political expediency and the desperate quest to hold on to power by the now obvious cabal says there will be a massive cover up.

If Buhari is positive they will announce him as negative.

No expense will be spared to get him all the equipment needed to keep him alive.

Buhari is 80 or thereabouts with hidden underlying medical conditions, that means very weak personal immunity.

The idea that Osinbanjo could take over is thier worst nightmare.

They have nowhere to run.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:50am On Mar 25, 2020
Ventilator for Convid-19 cost as high as $50,000 but affordable to all serious governments out there.
komekn:

Not too long ago Abbu Kyari, sent a strongly worded letter to all federal legislators to submit themselves for testing if they have travelled abroad to countries with the virus.

This is the same man who had been to several countries abroad. Yet did not deem it fit to submit himself for testing.

Is this not the height of bigoted shameless hypocrisy.

If there are so few ventilators in the hospitals in Abuja ( shocking) it seems we don't have up to 50 in the whole of Abuja. A ventilator costs about $25 depending on spec.

So if they have commandered forcefully obviously one of the few ventilators from the government hospitals. What about the poor soul who was probably on it, has that person been left to die

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2020
More strength to those still bringing us soccer gist while others are bent on ruining this thread with hysterical screaming!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LaMujer: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2020
Humility017

Not to drag back, but the issue of border closure would have been a farce.

The government were just real to themselves by not shutting it.

Even if all borders had been closed, people would still have come in. You know that, I know that, we all know that. These kinds of things affect only the common man. Laws are for us, not for them.

How else would a BA flight have landed yesterday? The biggest spread is among the elites.

I won't hide my feelings for the fear of bashing. I feel for us the masses, but you see dem Kyari? No iota of feeling. Yes, he's a father and grandfather and all, but so are the hundreds, prolly even thousands of people they've let die.

Let Kyari die, bubu, all of them. I'm not really bothered. Maybe not Osinbajo, he's faced a lot of insubordination since 2015. But the rest of them. All of them. I've always wished them to die anyway, maybe this is it actually happening. I'm glad, finally.

Too many people have died due to their decision making, and these decisions are not mistakes, but decisions made based on intent. Like how they took ventilator away from Gwags. Maybe if they all perish, the new leaders would have fear of God and do what's right.

there's a lot that ought to be said, but maybe now is just not the time. Let's just see this through.

and brother sir, please take it easy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:26am On Mar 25, 2020
Now that our scavenging vultures that we call political leaders. Are locked into Nigeria and nowhere to run for expensive medical treatment at government expense for themselves and thier families.

Where will they go, l speak not from knowledge. Nonetheless, Gwagwalada Hospital is in the news as a treatment centre. I presumed it will have good quality infrastructure and the up to date bio technology and equipment. Not state of the art, this is Nigeria I am not delusional.

I looked at the budget expenditure for the Medical facilities at Aso Rock, not substantiated. Now if these figures are true. See below.

2015 - N3.94billion
2016 - N3.87billion
2017 - N3.20bn (N331.m Capital Exp)
2018 - N1.03billion
TOTAL - N12.04Billion

How is it possible that this clinic doesn't have a respiratory ventilator

These ventilators depending on spec and branding can be procured from Chinese manufacturers for $15k per unit wholesale.

I would expect there to be in Abuja at least 1000 respiratory ventilators across both public and private sector medical facilities attached to thier ICU at least.

Back to our flagship medical facility at Gwagwalada Hospital. Below excerpt from a report made by Sahara three years ago.

But UATH is not your average Nigerian hospital. UATH is the gold standard of disguised incapacity. It is a hospital that has the distinction of being farthest from the merit of the name.

You wouldn’t want an emergency to introduce you to the fraud that is ‘the hospital’. Because the experience could cost you your own life. UATH has the one of the highest mortality rates in the country.

The intensive care unit (ICU) of UATH has a 50% mortality rate. That is to say, one in every two persons who enters the ICU is carried out dead. Or to put the statistic another way, one’s fate depends on the tossing of the coin.

Patient death is so common in the UATH environment that incidences of recovery are largely celebrated as happy accidents. The facility produces such preponderance of deaths that it might well be officially mandated to feed as many of its patients as it possibly can to the morgue!

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/16/scam-called-university-abuja-teaching-hospital-emmanuel-ugwu

This is shocking to me, could this really be true , l find it very very hard to believe and or comprehend.

Please indulge me because for now there is no football to discuss. Furthermore, we need to be alive to watch it.

So this is what our leaders have spent billions on a facility that increases your mortality rate
exponentially almost 100%.

To add insult to an open sore, we have just commandered one of the few ventilators in the hospital to Aso Rock. While the masses die.

I am bewildered by the depth of callous wilful negligence of our leaders it's pure wickedness and evil.

Please forgive me, BUT LET THEM REAP WHAT THEY HAVE SOWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2020
somehow:
Ventilator for Convid-19 cost as high as $50,000 but affordable to all serious governments out there.

You have branded high end manufactured in the West for about $25k upwards depending on spec.

Or you can get basic units for $10K across the West.

But if you want to be cost effective and you can get a 7 year parts and labour guarantee. Then you can get a Chinese units from $5k on average.

I am not in medical procurement but l know this.

This has gone from sheer ineptitude to criminal wilful intended premeditated negligence. People have died and more are going to die, it's murder.

They really should be prosecuted all the way to the top that's if Corona doesn't delete them before they face prosecution.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2020
But you wrote $25 on the post i quoted.
komekn:

You have branded high end manufactured in the West for about $25k upwards depending on spec.

Or you can get basic units for $10K across the West.

But if you want to be cost effective and you can get a 7 year parts and labour guarantee. Then you can get a Chinese units from $5k on average.

I am not in medical procurement but l know this.

This has gone from sheer ineptitude to criminal wilful intended premeditated negligence. People have died and more are going to die, it's murder.

They really should be prosecuted all the way to the top that's if Corona doesn't delete them before they face prosecution.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2020
somehow:
But Osinbajo was also exposed and currently in self isolation. He's also more than 60.

Limited exposure he sat two metres away from Kyari and l doubt if they engaged in any close contact 1 on 1. There is no lost love between them.

There is huge difference between a man of 60 and a man of 80.

Although not sure what your point is exactly.

Osinbanjo has been openly and quite disgracefully sidelined to literally a school social prefect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:42am On Mar 25, 2020
somehow:
But you wrote $25 on the post i quoted.

I deh vex my hand moving faster than my thoughts. I really did mean $25k

Sorry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2020
Alright.. So since 1999, none of them thought it wise to have ventilators in Aso rock clinic? When the mind is poor, every other decisions they make become poor. An average Nigerian have a poor mind.
komekn:

I deh vex my hand moving faster than my thoughts. I really did mean $25k

Sorry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
komekn:

I am now in enforced LOCK DOWN add to that LOCKED out of Nigeria effectively. So time to reflect

Our so called political leaders have always been self seeking, they have never cared, so what's new.

Corona reminds of the saying that the UK, USA, etc is a leveller, no impunity and no big man.

Corona has levelled our politicians they are not immune. Trying to replicate the temperature climes of the West artificially with A/C and thier uninterrupted 24hr electricity will speed up thier deserved demise. Covid 9 thrives in lower temperatures, let them keep feeling cool.

The poor who are forced to endure the hot harsh virus burning tropical weather, will inadvertently reduce thier propensity to the virus. Particularly if they can observe good hygiene and social distancing.

Finally, undoubtedly without any reservation, there is God that's able to do the impossible and keep you safe more so if you know him.

Write up sent to me

Our chickens and guinea fowls are coming home to roost.

Atiku's son is positive. He is in Gwagwalada hospital . He can't fly to Dubai.

The president is in town. There are no international conferences.

If he needs attention, he will have to use the state clinic.

That expression 'we die here' is now so real.

Once we become full of the virus, no one will allow any of us into their country.

If we have no test kits, then we stay here and dig graves and bury our dead.

If we have no ventilators, then we will use table fans. And die like that.

We die here. Abi?

If the Bishops and Imams refuse to listen, they will listen when the churches and mosques are filled with sorrow tears and coffins.

If NASS members wont submit themselves to tests at the airports , the chambers will become filled with Corona virus and become distinguished viral laboratories.

Nobody will be flown to London or Germany.

Those of us abroad will stay abroad.

Let everybody sit down somewhere.

I hear our girls in Italy have hunkered down.

There is a snake in the monkey's shadow.

I wish the virus could hold hostages and demand ransoms.

It could have helped us get our stolen wealth back.

For the first time in this country, if a minister falls and breaks his head, he will have to remain and be treated at home.

There is no test facility in the whole of the north and none in the east. Yet we have governors.

Yet we have thousands of Teaching Hospitals.

Look at Port Harcourt. Nothing!

UNTH and UCH can't test for Coronavirus. Tufiakwa!

But it's good. Better.

If it's die, we all die here! together.

Dr.Ugo Egbujo

A friend sent the write up below to me.

Finally!!... Sir Komekn is Back. grin

Yippeee!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Osimhen may be the most expensive player in Nigerian football history

He will be ,they won’t pay 100 million for him thou

But I am very sure of 50/60 million which will surpass iwobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
Since the NFF can't get Joshua Zirkzee, they have now turned their eyes to his younger brother Jordan Zirkzee a striker in the feyenoord academy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
Sir komekn, nice to have you back.

I have missed your comments and analysis on pertinent issues.

Welcome back sir. And happy new year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
Leon Balogun interview: Nigeria international on Common Goal and keeping Wigan up

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Nigeria international Leon Balogun talks to Adam Bate about his move from Brighton to Wigan and the reasons why he joined Common Goal.

Last Updated: 20/03/20 11:15am

For Leon Balogun, it was on a recent trip to London that it really hit home.

"I was in a nice hotel and I looked down the street and there was a church," he tells Sky Sports. "There was an archway there with some pillars that provided some shelter and you could see three or four tents where people were sleeping.

"Maybe it is just me but when I walk around the streets and I see homeless people, the way that it has become almost acceptable is shocking to me. You just take it like it is normal but it should not be normal.

"It is ironic that it was in front of a church too because you think of that as a place that should be providing shelter and looking after the community.

"We have just become careless as a society."

The instinct to help is not a new one for the Nigeria international.

During his time in the Bundesliga with Mainz, the German-born defender provided a significant donation for a young cancer sufferer - an act that attracted publicity at the time.

"People were saying it was amazing that I had done that as a football player," he recalls. "That is always my problem with it. I don't like to differentiate between me and other people because footballers are normal people.

"People like to make a lot out of it. Some people do stuff for their image and I don't want to be one of them."

That was part of the appeal of Common Goal.

Balogun is not anonymous among the collection of football players and coaches who have pledged to donate one per cent of their salary to charitable causes but there is a certain anonymity that comes with being part of something bigger.

It is also a way of scaling the impact and inspiring others.

"I am part of a big team at Common Goal," he says.

"The first time I heard about it was through Dennis Aogo because he was one of the first guys to join in Germany. Then my good friend William Troost-Ekong from the Super Eagles joined too. He put me in touch and it gathered pace from there. It is funny because their office in Germany is on the same street where I went to primary school in Berlin.

"For me, this is just about doing the right thing. I want to give if it is the right thing to do. We are all part of this system and it is natural to think of yourself and your family first. But I am always trying to find ways to help where I can do something if it is in my power.

"I think football players could do a lot more. I try not to judge because people have their own things going on but, as lots of Common Goal members say, we have a responsibility.

"Everybody has a responsibility. The way this world works, there are a lot of people with a lot of money and then there are so, so, so many more people with almost nothing. It is our responsibility to help get them on their feet."

At Common Goal, members' contributions are tailored to an approved charity that is close to their heart.

"I connected with Nigeria because that is my country," says Balogun. "I decided to work with a company there that use football to help education, whether that's classical education or about empowerment or sexuality or all these kinds of things.

"When you make the annual pledge you receive updates. I had a clip that was addressed specifically to me and they showed me around the project in the video. That was really nice.

"I haven't had the chance to visit myself yet but that is something that I am planning to do in the future to show them that I am really behind it. It's not about me sending them the money and then getting them to leave me alone. I am really behind it.

"I am helping them to provide for a better future because what happens, not just in Nigeria but in Africa in general, is that there are a lot of countries with an inferiority complex to white people or Europe in general. I think it comes as a post-colonial consequence.

"It is about them realising they have a choice. It is partly about their structures, of course. But the basis for a lot of it is what has happened in the past. Our job is to give them a basis to expand their opportunities. It will take decades but there is so much talent in Africa.

"You see reports of people generating electricity out of garbage for their village. Their plan is to do so for the next village. We would not even touch it in Europe but they are using it to create something that helps the whole community. We need to encourage that.

"It is a long process obviously, but there is a saying - each one, teach one. If you do that right then hopefully you can affect a whole nation. It is a big movement already, it is just about the right people doing the right things to infect the right minds to promote more growth."

Balogun has a natural curiosity. The conversation turns to the coronavirus, unsurprisingly, but he is someone who will engage on any topic. He has been known to quiz the staff at Wigan for more information about financial fair play. His intelligence shines through.

It is easy to see why someone like this would be a positive influence on any organisation and so it has proved since joining the Championship club on loan from Brighton at the end of January.

Wigan finished that month in the relegation zone and 13 points behind Hull. Eight games on and Paul Cook's side have not only clambered their way out of the drop zone but they have overtaken Hull in the process. They haven't even conceded a goal in their last four games.

"If it has anything to do with me then that is a great compliment," says Balogun, who has started each of those last four games and remains unbeaten as a Wigan player.

"But I think it is a team effort. I came into this group not seeing any hint of doubt or lack of belief. There was a great atmosphere. That starts with the coaching staff actually. I think Paul Cook is able to transmit great confidence onto the lads and it was just a matter of time until we found some momentum. That confidence has steadily grown.

"All I could tell the players was to be patient. I wasn't going to come here and act big time just because I have come from a Premier League side. I have just tried to blend in and add some of my characteristics in the hope of uplifting people. I am a positive character and hopefully that helps. We are on a great run at the moment and I hope we can keep it going."

It is a fresh start for the 31-year-old central defender because he had found himself out of the team at Brighton under Graham Potter. His time on the south coast was not without its highlights, however. A win over Manchester United stands out. So too does his goal against fierce rivals Crystal Palace - scored within 30 seconds of coming on as a substitute.

"I will always have that," he laughs. "Some tell me the goal will never be forgotten. I have had people call me a club legend which I think is a bit too much because it was only one goal and I am not going to call myself that but if they decide that then I am happy to take it!

"I was very well integrated into the group at Brighton so not being involved was hard for me to take. I tried to do everything possible and if that is not good enough for the manager then you have to take that but obviously it was frustrating. Still, I tried to maintain a good mindset throughout. That helped me here because I was ready for the challenge.

"Just to be involved again is great because you dedicate yourself differently if you know that at the end of the week you are going to be playing a football match. Otherwise you are just training and then sitting in the stands. It is great to be part of something again actively.

"Even aside from the football, I have had the opportunity to live in a different country with a different culture. It is not too different maybe from Germany but still a different language and you drive on a different side of the road. It is nice. It is something nobody can take from me however it has gone on the pitch. Wigan is a chance for me to revive it again."

Balogun's immediate goal is to keep Wigan in the Championship. But his long-term goal - his Common Goal - is to do something much bigger.

"I am always thinking about what I can do next," he adds. "I am not going to say just yet but I have this idea and hopefully if it comes to fruition you will all hear about it. It is something that I have been thinking about for years but I need to think about how to realise it."

Do not be surprised if Leon Balogun's story is just beginning

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11960783/leon-balogun-interview-nigeria-international-on-common-goal-and-keeping-wigan-up

(1) (2) (3) ... (8447) (8448) (8449) (8450) (8451) (8452) (8453) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), maidaboi(m), humility33(m), Odunayaw(m), jieta, mank1234(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.