Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750589 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8495) (8496) (8497) (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
edi287:

Please. Pinnick will appoint one of Yobo, Finidi and Amuneke. At best, he'll get Hevre Renard.
Herve will never take the salary Rohr is taking. Most likely 100k or 80k. Herve?? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
edi287:

Nah bro - some of us don't like good things.
Imagine Odegbami suggesting we appoint Yobo with no experience or whatsoever to take us to WC 2022...we should disrupt a team building process that's ongoing and heading in the right direction because Odegbami and his clique wan form foolish patriotism.
Instead of them to maintain the culture of leaving cadet jobs to ex players or local coaches, they want just jump straight up to SE job. I hope imnot alone that NFF wont have looked Keshi's way if not for his exploits elsewhere.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
daveP:

I knew it would come to this. I knew

I however want us to, in general, be wary of the place a footballer plays in winning a trophy. I'm sick of many people tryna say one player is better than the other cos the former has a trophy. Now it will be valid when the former played a large contribution to winning that trophy. But when its not, its still part of his laurels but not a significant players to that trophy. Sounds odd, but if you realise how a benchwarmer wins a trophy and is suddenly a better player than someone that is on the pitch always, playing major contributions, we'd know why im talking like this.

Now back to Pogba ish. I knew youd bring it up. The factor is Pogba never arrive for EPL and we both know that. And its on this basis im making my point. Thats all.

Another angle

Benzema win many trophies that Giroud no fit smell. But Giroud win WC, a major contributor. Another whole new angle to me.

Thierry didnt win the UCL with Arsenal and many use it mock him till date even if he did with Barca. Does that now mean those that won it are far better than him?

Im painting a basis here. I hope you see beyond just defending any player and sed why.....

Ok Case in point Pogba played a big part in France winning the world cup and Football does not end in the EPL

Overall Pogba has done more (individually and collectively) in his career than Coutinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Ok Case in point Pogba played a big part in France winning the world cup and Football does not end in the EPL

Overall Pogba has done more (individually and collectively) in his career than Coutinho
grin grin

Nice doing business with you for the subtle agreement with my stance with you 1st paragraph

And i partially agree with your 2nd. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Why you dey bring legend for Pogba talk, we are talking about current players

Okay no vex make I pity you

De Bruyne grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
edi287:

So if them ask you to pick who to build team around, you go pick Coutinho over Pogba?

Yes sir I will pick Coutinho

What has man you gained building their team around Pogba grin

Now they are now building around Bruno and Rashford grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

When Pogba gets to what level? What has Coutinho won? Pogba won a world cup almost single handedly

Pogba won the World Cup single handedly ,Lol

Even Umtiti and varane where crucial than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

But why compare a central midfielder to an attacking midfielder/ winger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Okay no vex make I pity you

De Bruyne grin

De Bruyne didn't win the world cup tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

But why compare a central midfielder to an attacking midfielder/ winger

Being an attacking midfielder doesn't make you win things?

You even made Coutinho look worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Bros no be by hardwork o, Pogba is still worth 100+ million despite not playing football in almost a year, Coutinho that has been playing is now being priced 50 million grin

Levels cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Being an attacking midfielder doesn't make you win things?

Coutinho have won things nah ,unless you wanna troll with the World Cup

Coutinho did better in the epl than Pogba ,they play in different positions ,even with a World Cup medal you are scared to compare Pogba to de Bruyne grin

Then you can say Mario gotze is better than Messi cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

De Bruyne didn't win the world cup tho

Pogba will lace de Bruyne boots grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Bros no be by hardwork o, Pogba is still worth 100+ million despite not playing football in almost a year, Coutinho that has been playing is now being priced 50 million grin

Levels cool

Oya make una sell am nah ,100 million ke grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Coutinho have won things nah ,unless you wanna troll with the World Cup

Coutinho did better in the epl than Pogba ,they play in different positions ,even with a World Cup medal you are scared to compare Pogba to de Bruyne grin

Then you can say Mario gotze is better than Messi cheesy

Wetin Coutinho win?

Coming to individual awards Pogba has entered World Xi, European Xi, and World Cup Xi as opposed to Coutinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SirL0neWolf(m): 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Let me drop this here

raumdeuter:
When I dey vex for showboaters like Okocha you need to watch efficient footballers and know the difference

Big ups to Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh, strong in tackle, Calm in possession with vision like an eagle, left leg, right leg, shots he dey there

See this break in attack and immediate vision to launch a through ball to his attacker not wasting time. Imagine say na JayJay win ball there, he will first relax and look to disgrace the opponent while our attackers will be there suffering

See the same type of ball over the top in the Nations cup final

vs Senegal in the 2000 Nations cup we were suffering Oliseh had Malaria, he saw the team down and hopeless with Okocha doing his thing, Oliseh begged to come on from the bench and before long sent a long pass that opened the Senegalese defence and Aghahowa scored (elampiro where were you that day)

Omo that moment madness catch me, See as I run, Even watching the highlight now sef I wan dey cry.

If you watch all these good times of Nigerian football, you can see why some of us cant be bothered to watch the current eyesore we have now

That is why he played for European giants of his time like Ajax, Juve and Dortmund not the likes of Fenerbahce, Frankfurt or Bolton

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Pogba will lace de Bruyne boots grin

I like De Bruyne but he didn't win a world cup with Hazard, forget league Pogba don win enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Wetin Coutinho win?

Coming to individual awards Pogba has entered World Xi, European Xi, and World Cup Xi as opposed to Coutinho

Lol no allow me troll Liverpool

As my guy come barca e win laliga nah grin

As France win World Cup dem go put Pogba for world XI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

I like De Bruyne but he didn't win a world cup with Hazard, forget league Pogba don win enough

Giroud is better than Benzema as e win World Cup grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol no allow me troll Liverpool

As my guy come barca e win laliga nah grin

As France win World Cup dem go put Pogba for world XI

The guy show im levels for world cup, Barca carried Coutinho to the league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
Who remembers this exciting moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YgX8XmvDU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Dude wasted his time going back. Bruno no reach Pogba at all. Put Pogba for that midfield and manure go dey top 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
edi287:

Dude wasted his time going back. Bruno no reach Pogba at all. Put Pogba for that midfield and manure go dey top 3.

Bruno will lace Pogba boots ,but dude isn’t serious ,even mad man know say Pogba pass Bruno nah ,you can see Bruno have won the heart of the fans

Pogba think he is Messi and cr7 ,he is not even up to Neymar level in terms of big name ,make e Dey cool down jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

In other words Pogba is better right?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy show im levels for world cup, Barca carried Coutinho to the league

Sure

I think you won me on this argument sha grin

But no Dey judge player quality by World Cup sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You don’t sound like you are happy Ighalo is playing for united

He isn’t a bench warmer okay

If person wey no Dey watch ball listen to you e go be like say Ighalo never play at all

So playing for united will make his foundation not to be successful

Calm down bros ,calm down ok

Andy, no go personal with me.

I listed facts and points why he should go back to China. Don't, "you don't sound like you're happy he's playing for united" me. Trying to make it personal about me.

Ighalo is not a bench warmer, but he's started only 1 UEL dead rubber match against a useless Austrian team. He's been playing just 5+ mins since he cane to United, yet, their best player Rashford is still injured. Now, assume Rashford is back, meaning Ighalo is behind Martial, who is behind Rashford also.

You, you think, let's assume it's even justifiable that Ighalo can be behind Rashford, Martial can ever bench Ighalo?

Don't make this personal about me o. Answer the questions.

Why should he stay at United?
What us United's ambition(not those thrash woodward says)
Can united win epl?
Can they win UCL?
Can they win UEL?

What exactly would Ighalo win with United?

Like I said, Ighalo won CSL with Shanghai Shenua, he won China Cup with Tianjin Teda. He dey win trophies.

What will he win with United as a basis for staying?

Counter my point with points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Calm down and lets see, I am sure if its some of your favorite you wont call it audio, dennis has been on of eagles best forward in europe this season

Someone already said he isnt good enough for the epl, i still like the fact that dennis isnt being hyped here.
Not me, aside Osimhen I don't believe any news that links a Nigerian player to a big European club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Subzero047:

When Pogba gets to what level? What has Coutinho won? Pogba won a world cup almost single handedly
Single what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43am On Apr 15, 2020
jihday:
Not me, aside Osimhen I don't believe any news that links a Nigerian player to a big European club

lol

Okay my broda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:10am On Apr 15, 2020
barackodam:

Andy, no go personal with me.

I listed facts and points why he should go back to China. Don't, "you don't sound like you're happy he's playing for united" me. Trying to make it personal about me.

Ighalo is not a bench warmer, but he's started only 1 UEL dead rubber match against a useless Austrian team. He's been playing just 5+ mins since he cane to United, yet, their best player Rashford is still injured. Now, assume Rashford is back, meaning Ighalo is behind Martial, who is behind Rashford also.

You, you think, let's assume it's even justifiable that Ighalo can be behind Rashford, Martial can ever bench Ighalo?

Don't make this personal about me o. Answer the questions.

Why should he stay at United?
What us United's ambition(not those thrash woodward says)
Can united win epl?
Can they win UCL?
Can they win UEL?

What exactly would Ighalo win with United?

Like I said, Ighalo won CSL with Shanghai Shenua, he won China Cup with Tianjin Teda. He dey win trophies.

What will he win with United as a basis for staying?

Counter my point with points.

No reason me baba ,i no go personal

You are asking if he will win anything, if i may ask how many epl clubs do use to even win anything ? even liverpool doesnt win anything till last season , let me say chelsea and mancity are the teams that do use to win things recently

But he just join the team nah and you no expect them to start am immediately nah, he will still even earn well there

If younger players can go to united than why cant ighalo, so you do value those chinese trophies abi?

Hope say you no say ighalo don earn good salary for 3 seasons wey many european players no see

Make e dey man u nah, even if na just 1 more season jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:46am On Apr 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No reason me baba ,i no go personal

You are asking if he will win anything, if i may ask how many epl clubs do use to even win anything ? even liverpool doesnt win anything till last season , let me say chelsea and mancity are the teams that do use to win things recently

But he just join the team nah and you no expect them to start am immediately nah, he will still even earn well there

If younger players can go to united than why cant ighalo, so you do value those chinese trophies abi?

Hope say you no say ighalo don earn good salary for 3 seasons wey many european players no see

Make e dey man u nah, even if na just 1 more season jare

Dey man Utd dey do wetin?

Playing 3rd fiddle to Rashford and second to Martial? There's a certain greenwood that makes cameo every now and then, and then there's a James too. So tell me, how would he play among these guys?

No be staying at Man Utd be my problem, my problem is, staying and doing what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2020
barackodam:

Dey man Utd dey do wetin?

Playing 3rd fiddle to Rashford and second to Martial? There's a certain greenwood that makes cameo every now and then, and then there's a James too. So tell me, how would he play among these guys?

No be staying at Man Utd be my problem, my problem is, staying and doing what?

Lol

Calm down make our guy stay 1 more season okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (8495) (8496) (8497) (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.