Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11618974 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) ... (16133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2020
Subzero047:

I think Pep's tactics is not even an attacking but a defensive tactics because the opponent cannot hurt you if they don't get the ball and they keep the ball 70% of the time, it also requires patience because it prioritizes keeping the ball instead of making risky passes

No wonder Man city frustrates me

I agree. I think the system is a highly defensive one, more like keeping the ball in an offensive setup. However, recently, he has been trying to adjust to force some risky plays. That is why De Bruyne has become a big part of his arsenal to force attacking plays in tight spaces.

But, I agree with the defensive ideology but the high attack formation compensates for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
His talent is never in doubt, glad he seems to have realized his mistake, I guess he surrounded himself with highly deluded greedy fellows(especially that their eldest bro, Allwell Nwakali) who acts as his intermediary, I hear say after selling Chidi and KC to Mancity and Arsenal respectively, him gather money go Collect chieftaincy title for their village. The lazy boy was just about making money from the heads of his kid brothers at the detriment of their careers Tueee!!

KC Nwakali - "The deal was even done the last day of the transfer window, they didn't want me to leave but at the same time I was giving them reasons why I should leave Arsenal.

"Staying in England and not playing, going on loan, I went on loan three times.

"It's better I go to a place where I can settle instead of going to a place after one year I'll leave, go to another place, it was difficult moving around, from Netherlands then Portugal.

"Even if it's going to take time, I'll work it out, I have still got age on my side."

Someone should also tell him he ain't got that much age on his side no more. This might be the best opportunity he would ever get to revive his career, hence he should take it by the scruff

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Naso , so dat person wey no sabi market go learn

andrewbaba44:

Lol
You see say Na even joke I dey
I no get interest for those thing my broda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hello bros papas, and grandpapas, with Auntys and hancles,

nah another two weeks lockdown again ooo, when chumbody go do give away for here nah,

man must wack ooo

CC: theGoodJoe, sir tbaba1234, oga Icon4s, sir Andrew, SubZero047, super Bascovanveli, and others

una guy dey ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
gustav25:

Joebie Mugu ... He is not Igbo , he is your papa Abi ? Yeye okpakata yarns purveyor

The civil thing to say is ask to be enlightened so he can explain why he Joebie has come to that deduction.

He may know Omeruo's family background and or know him in person. You do not know.

For example l know people from Cote De Voice who have Nigerian surnames from thier Fathers but have lived all thier lives in Abidjan and don't consider themselves to be Nigerian.

Consider the Ali, Barkley and Solanke they have Nigerian origin and parentage but have no affinity with Nigeria whatsoever.

So abuse and insult is not a sign of wisdom please try and be a gentleman.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I agree. I think the system is a highly defensive one, more like keeping the ball in an offensive setup. However, recently, he has been trying to adjust to force some risky plays. That is why De Bruyne has become a big part of his arsenal to force attacking plays in tight spaces.

But, I agree with the defensive ideology but the high attack formation compensates for it.

Yea De Bruyne is not normal a Pep type of player because he takes high risk, I think he prefers Bernardo Silva

I think that's why he prefers Sterling to Sane because Sterling has learnt to bring the ball into the middle of the park as opposed to Sane who likes to run at the byline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
komekn:

The civil thing to say is ask to be enlightened so he can explain why he Joebie has come to that deduction.

He may know Omeruo's family background and or know him in person. You do not know.

For example l know people from Cote De Voice who have Nigerian surnames from thier Fathers but have lived all thier lives in Abidjan and don't consider themselves to be Nigerian.

Consider the Ali, Barkley and Solanke they have Nigerian origin and parentage but have no affinity with Nigeria whatsoever.

So abuse and insult is not a sign of wisdom please try and be a gentleman.

Are you done ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
Incoming Newcastle Owners Considering Offers for Emmanuel Dennis and Dries Mertens

https://www.90min.com/posts/6594380-incoming-newcastle-owners-considering-offers-for-emmanuel-dennis-and-dries-mertens

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
How good is emmanuel dennis. There is a lot of noise about him. Anybody who had watched him play should talk.

andrewbaba44:
Incoming Newcastle Owners Considering Offers for Emmanuel Dennis and Dries Mertens

https://www.90min.com/posts/6594380-incoming-newcastle-owners-considering-offers-for-emmanuel-dennis-and-dries-mertens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Philosopher1979:
How good is emmanuel dennis. There is a lot of noise about him. Anybody who had watched him play should talk.

A very hardworking player bro

He is good

No much noise about him here ,maybe if he moves to a better league there will be noise about him here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

A very hardworking player bro

He is good

No much noise about him here ,maybe if he moves to a better league there will be noise about him here

The guy literally asked 'how good'

Emmanuel Dennis is average in my opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy literally asked 'how good'

Emmanuel Dennis is average in my opinion

All super eagles players are average apart from Ndidi

Are you the guy wey you carry the matter for head ?

I repeat all your super eagles players are average apart from Ndidi ,so don’t make it look like others are above average grin

Deal with the fact grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I repeat all your super eagles players are average apart from Ndidi ,so don’t make it look like others are above average grin

Deal with the fact grin

Osihem is average too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fabuloski:

Osihem is average too?

Hmmm ,I am speechless about victor ,victor looks above average sha ,let’s see him constitent next season sha then we go finally put am above average,am sure he won’t disappoint
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hmmmm

andrewbaba44:

Deal with the fact grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
We are talking football here as if Life in all its dimensions had not changed.

Some of us have been on this platform for years and have created family with strife, tears and yes love. That's how families are.

Covid has brought commercial activity to a standstill. Even for me in the UK I am feeling the pinch.

Although I am feeling the pinch there may be some who are FEELING THE HAMMER. I am
under no illusions I am getting calls every day "bros na dye I deh, send money come or na burial u go do for me" How many people can l help so few.

That not withstanding l pray there are none of our family members here, " that have not seen food to eat" that will be very sad.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
do4luv14:
Hmmmm

Osimhen is debatable

Next season will finally tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
The next question ❓ is what can we do about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
But, ah no talk anything nah

andrewbaba44:

Osimhen is debatable
Next season will finally tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
do4luv14:

But, ah no talk anything nah

You no need talk anything broda

Just giving my sincere opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Honestly its a sad situattion,

worst still is the attitude of our Govt,

as am typing dis my acct bal cannot even buy an airtime worth #100

komekn:

Some of us have been on this platform for years and have created family with strife, tears and yes love. That's how families are.

Covid has brought commercial activity to a standstill. Even for me in the UK I am feeling the pinch.

Although I am feeling the pinch there may be some who are FEELING THE HAMMER. I am
under no illusions I am getting calls every day "bros na dye I deh, send money come or na burial u go do for me" How many people can l help so few.

That not withstanding l pray there are none of our family members here, " that have not seen food to eat" that will be very sad.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
About what?

komekn:
The next question ❓ is what can we do about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok bro

andrewbaba44:
You no need talk anything broda
Just giving my sincere opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Icon4s:

Always here bro

Oh.... Gracias....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Hmmm ,I am speechless about victor ,victor looks above average sha ,let’s see him constitent next season sha then we go finally put am above average,am sure he won’t disappoint

Andrew!!!

Loooks average

Chaiyaya!!!

Haba na.

Looks average!!??

Don't do this pls.

He is above average.

Those scouting him alone proves that if we want to disregard his starts. Haba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
daveP:

Andrew!!!

Loooks average

Chaiyaya!!!

Haba na.

Looks average!!??

Don't do this pls.

He is above average.

Those scouting him alone proves that if we want to disregard his starts. Haba.

Okay agreed

Am not perfect bro ,trying to be sincere with our players ,I was saying it’s debatable earlier

But I said he looks above average nah ,abi you no see am ? Maybe from next season it won’t be debatable anymore

Okay apart from Ndidi and osimhen who else ?

Nobody right ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
komekn:

Some of us come here to escape from the sad stuff going around
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
Club Brugge Reject €10m Dortmund Bid For Dennis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
Lille made the ultimate trolling comebacks xi with this. So nantes used the dancing casket guys for a skill their player did on a lille player in a match this season but not to be outdone, lille dropped this featuring Osimhen grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/losclive/status/1250749009918074880
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
See epistle. No put too much energy for the matter. I have other things to do than reading allthis.

ChrisKels:

Wait oo, so teaching you something u never knew or giving u a simple correction now translates to defending Biafra and carrying tribes for head? Lol that just showed ur intention. Nice try, Omeruo is from ur village sir. U happy now?

In Igbo land, we say "Igbo na-asu n'olu n'olu" which means Igbos are dialectical, hence, the creation of "Igbo Izugbe"(the central Igbo). While we have the popular Igbo names(e.g Okocha, Okeke, Okafor, Okorie etc) that are common to every Igbo clan from Abia to Ebonyi to Enugu to Imo to Anambra to Rivers to Delta etc, we also have many names that are almost distinct to different clans. When u tell a man from Abia that your surname is Asogwa, Ezea, Onyia, Eneje, Duru he would give you that strange look like "which kind names be this?", but these are common surnames in Nsukka Enugu state, in the same vain, when a man from Enugu hears Agbai, Ajala, Agba, Ukeje, Duroha, Nmecha, Onoka, Isika, Ntori he would kinda look at you in disbelieve due to their strangeness to him but these are Igbo surnames from Isuikwuato LGA of Abia State. As an outsider, the Igbo names u can easy identify are popular surnames and the late 20th century to 21st century names because they always come with the "Chi" or "chukwu" suffix or prefix.

Being an Igbo historian, I can easily guess ones local government area by merely hearing his surname

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Na Agbor lol
andrewbaba44:

Lol

You for kuku say na aboki nah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
Some people fit draw dagger for matter like this. At the end of the day Na the same Nigerians dem all be abi?

andrewbaba44:

Lol

You see say Na even joke I dey

I no get interest for those thing my broda

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) ... (16133) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: owbabs, gamaliel9, superbloke(m), Christinu2, soetanoreoluwa(m), ThanosKilla(m), Truidstarr and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.