Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864680 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8508) (8509) (8510) (8511) (8512) (8513) (8514) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Justice505:
I tell, your Last paragraph is on point. Indidi has a hand in the two defeat we suffer in the AFCON. The lost we suffer against Madagascar was as a result of the deflection from the free kick from the madagascans, and again he was found culprit when he commited that foul on the die Minutes against Algeria

Even though akpeyi did not cover himself in glory in Most matches, Most time no body try to talk about Indidi errors Because is fan favorite.

Yes ooo bro, ndidi hardly go wrong in our eyes, and i am among them, but most times we just have to admit , no be everytime we go scape goat akpeyi

If na Jamilu collins do that foul, my people go don cut off him head grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Enyeama is considering returning to the South African league

Question is, if Enyeama starts playing regularly will you accept him back to the team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2020
ChrisKels:

When I tell u guys Ndidi hasn't been there for Nigeria, most of you would go berserk, I can't remember a game in Nigerian colours he was a colossus, dude was more or less abysmal in Egypt, carelessly giving away free kicks that cost us matches, in some cases, he even deflected the same free kicks into our goal post. I am no big fan of Etebo, as I consider him a carpenter, but he has been the better midfielder for Nigeria, than Ndidi

Agreed at bolded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2020
elyte89:

Well I use to say it too..ever since ndidi has been playing for super eagles, he has Neva impressed me or let me say,he has not giving us d same performance he churn out in games for Leicester city...except in one game...our 2nd match against Guinea in afcon,he was impressive in dt match, but in everyoda matches,he has just been dere or below average most times...some monikers blamed it largely on d formation rohr plays wc affects his performance...I don't want to biliv in dt theory though cool

Ndidi doesn't play well in a 2 man pivot, everybody knows that even in Leicester he doesn't play well when paired with Mendy.

Compare the games he played with Etebo to the game to the games he played with Aribo and see the difference

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Question is, if Enyeama starts playing regularly will you accept him back to the team?

Enyeama has done his part okay, he even played top football till 35 if i am not mistaken

I wont accept him back, enyeama is nothing less than 44 years old
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Rohr will turnaround Lookman's club situation being a German

Leipzig are definitely letting him go this summer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Yes, as a GK trainer. Or crew of the team. Not a player. Wetin he wan play? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Enyeama has done his part okay, he even played top football till 35 if i am not mistaken

I wont accept him back, enyeama is nothing less than 44 years old

Enyeama is officially 37 years cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
barackodam:

Yes, as a GK trainer. Or crew of the team. Not a player. Wetin he wan play? undecided

If he is playing regularly what's the problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
junnyjake:

Leipzig are definitely letting him go this summer

Rohr will guide his next choice of club or even have an influence on the next club that will sign him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Enyeama is officially 37 years cheesy

Lol ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Na d Femi song be this o, Sorry Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzJwds2-3k

Femi definitely sang those lines, if my eye no.deceive me etc. If it's Fela, please let me know d song so I can listen to it as well.

It's not unusual for Femi to sing some of his dad's songs sometimes. Search "Fela sorry for Nigeria" on YouTube and see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
MainJoe:

I think during play, the formation will switch to a 3-5-2 with Lallana and Coutinho playing the forward roles. Joe Allen will drop to the creative midfield role while Moreno will offer width down the left. Henderson will still maintain position but will drift to midfield when they lose the ball or try to keep possession. He will go down the flanks but not too forward.

The play will be more off a direct one with the balls heading to Lallana and Coutinho for most of the forward play. This is to narrow the defensive set up of the opposition while Moreno will bombard the space with pace when the gaps come.

The opposition set up and line up can create a better picture.
That was Gerrard's last game and they lost by 6-1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You won’t make the final and it’s the fact as Algeria where the better side

I guess you didn’t see some little saves he made during the tournament

If it’s another keeper that’s there you guys won’t blame him

Any GK can be beaten by a freekick, people just don't like him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Danielnino00:
The German Bundesliga is scheduled to resume on May 9th!

Behind close doors?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
jihday:

Lol I know nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
jihday:
If he was good, excuses would be made for him but nigga is terrible. He is still in the NT and Uzoho who isn't too good is already first choice over him.
Didn't you see how he embarrassed himself in the friendly against Argentina? An amateur keeper wouldn't be so clueless. What of the free kick in that same game. His position was horrible. Nigga was beaten on his spot.
Akpeyi is not the first Nigerian keeper to concede free kicks, then why is he always picked on? The nigga is a horrible goalkeeper.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
5inchdick:

If he was good, excuses would be made for him but nigga is terrible. He is still in the NT and Uzoho who isn't too good is already first choice over him.
Didn't you see how he embarrassed himself in the friendly against Argentina? An amateur keeper wouldn't be so clueless. What of the free kick in that same game. His position was horrible. Nigga was beating on his spot.
Akpeyi is not the first Nigerian keeper to concede free kicks, then why is he always picked on? The nigga is a horrible goalkeeper.

Guy, na Mahrez play that free kick o.
Riyadh Mahrez of Manchester City o

So kamdan. No be fluke player play am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
5inchdick:

Didn't you see how he embarrassed himself in the friendly against Argentina? An amateur keeper wouldn't be so clueless. What of the free kick in that same game. His position was horrible. Nigga was beating on his spot.

What’s the meaning of embarrassment?

There is no embarrassment in football ,football is a game and it takes the mistake of one team to allow the other team win

I am sure you are blind not to see ndidi reckless foul that cost us the free kick

Can you name a GK that hasn’t embarrass him self ?

Leave akpeyi alone ,you didn’t complain till the semi finals

Nigerians always looking for who to blame

Your comments is just full of hate for akpeyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

It's not unusual for Femi to sing some of his dad's songs sometimes. Search "Fela sorry for Nigeria" on YouTube and see.

On a serious note, I Don search YouTube tire, I no see Fela sorry for Nigeria. I typed the exact phrase you had above "Fela sorry for Nigeria" it only ended up showing Femi. Please send a link to me when you find the version sang by Fela.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
No mind am. Make that hin 5incock dey decieve am

barackodam:

Guy, na Mahrez play that free kick o. Riyadh Mahrez of Manchester City o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
I think the original was Felas, Femi own was a remake,

there is a post ny a moniker Explorers, on Oct 2nd 201b , by 9.30am about the songs, its Felas song, remaked by his Son Femi

AndSunGorilla:

On a serious note, I Don search YouTube tire, I no see Fela sorry for Nigeria. I typed the exact phrase you had above "Fela sorry for Nigeria" it only ended up showing Femi. Please send a link to me when you find the version sang by Fela.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Herbiedeen(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

There is no embarrassment in football ,football is a game and it takes the mistake of one team to allow the other team win

I am sure you are blind not to see ndidi reckless foul that cost us the free kick

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Herbiedeen(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

say for yourself not everyone..cos the last time i remembered, Akpeyi (a.k.a Akpere) has been fumbling since the first match. His blushes were saved only because of the team (especially the defence setup), if not, Naija won't even smell 3rd place play off talkless of final sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Herbiedeen(m): 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
barackodam:

Guy, na Mahrez play that free kick o. Riyadh Mahrez of Manchester City o

If na Messi nko, the ball for score 5x abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Herbiedeen:

say for yourself not everyone..cos the last time i remembered, Akpeyi (a.k.a Akpere) has been fumbling since the first match. His blushes were saved only because of the team (especially the defence setup), if not, Naija won't even smell 3rd place play off talkless of final sef

Story

Same defence that cannot defend against madagascar

I am sure akpeyi was also the reason we lost to madagascar

Make i hear word abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Story

Same defence that cannot defend against madagascar

I am sure akpeyi was also the reason we lost to madagascar

Make i hear word abeg
Are you saying Akpeyi couldn't have done better avoiding that goal or what?

He had his wall covering his lift side of the post his one job the other other side of the post was where he was beaten why we no go blame am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Edopesin:

Are you saying Akpeyi couldn't have done better avoiding that goal or what?

He had his wall covering his lift side of the post his one job the other other side of the post was where he was beaten why we no go blame am

Why did my own Ndidi did a reckless foul ?

Akpeyi is not good we know

But my world class Ndidi got it wrong with that tackle

Why can’t we tackle the world class Ndidi and leave the below average akpeyi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I will not act like I like him, nah I don't. So anytime player commits a foul, we should expect a goal against us because a player did commit a foul.
Well, I complain right from the team list of our first game. Akpeyi no good and his brother Ezenwa isn't good either. Damn, we had to use all three GKs in the nation's cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Leave am make hin dey make case where non dey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Why did my own Ndidi did a reckless foul ?

Akpeyi is not good we know

But my world class Ndidi got it wrong with that tackle

Why can’t we tackle the world class Ndidi and leave the below average akpeyi

We will start tackling him when he stops influencing matches positively

You and those guys bringing out Ndidi's bad games should also bring out his good games while at it you bring out that of Akpeyi

Una no even know wetin una want sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Edopesin:

We will start tackling him when he stops influencing matches positively

You and those guys bringing out Ndidi's bad games should also bring out his good games while at it you bring out that of Akpeyi

Una no even know wetin una want sef

No na u and others no no wetin una want

I hardly criticize ndidi here ,I have defended his bad games also ,his was average during the afcon ,I didn’t admit that till now

But na me Dey still praise am as our only world class player

(1) (2) (3) ... (8508) (8509) (8510) (8511) (8512) (8513) (8514) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jojodjo, LoverOfPussy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.