Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11863110 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8510) (8511) (8512) (8513) (8514) (8515) (8516) ... (16249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:
Once Newcastle is taken over by d Saudi prince,dey shld hire pochetino and I would want ndidi to join d project wink

Hmmmm

Make the project no go fail sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:26am On Apr 22, 2020
Joebie:
Only if he is better than Akpeyi in that same league

I don't think Enyeama will find the South African league hard

He's a top keeper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2020
Subzero047:

I don't think Enyeama will find the South African league hard

He's a top keeper

I concur

But he should have just retire in peace jor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:46am On Apr 22, 2020
How time flies ,obi mikel clocks 33 today

Happy birthday to our super eagles legend

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I concur

But he should have just retire in peace jor

But would you accept Enyeama for 1 year since most of our keepers are still developing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:04am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:
Once Newcastle is taken over by d Saudi prince,dey shld hire pochetino and I would want ndidi to join d project wink

Hope you know Newcastle will take 2-3 years before they become a top team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2020
I beg to differ,

majority of report about the song, always says " A remake of his father hit song " pls what does that mean?

Even that youtube link say same , a remake

even Explorers post say same thing

tbaba1234:

Sorry for Nigeria is Femi's song
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Am having mis-giving about the potential sells,

Mike had vow not to sell the club to outsiders

besides whats the main motive of those saudis suddenly buying clubs in Europe, here and there , with reckless money flying around

Subzero047:

Hope you know Newcastle will take 2-3 years before they become a top team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Subzero047:

But would you accept Enyeama for 1 year since most of our keepers are still developing?

No sir

I just feel no need for him to comeback
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Am having mis-giving about the potential sells,

Mike had vow not to sell the club to outsiders

besides whats the main motive of those saudis suddenly buying clubs in Europe, here and there , with reckless money flying around

Motif?

You know what owning an EPL club would add to their CV?

Why Dangote wan buy Arsenal? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol calm down and stop being serious

I am throwing a jibe at danny as I usually do most times ,ain’t taking you serious jare

Allow him to reply and No come buy market ok

See as you serious because of Andy ,I should be living a rent free on your head also grin

My clap back for you go be mad oooo grin

No, for my head u go dey pay ur rent angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:

U are alone on this. Sure u know how many years it is gonna cost them to take a shape, u think a sudden whirlwind will automatically make them a contender?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
Forget C:v,
Dangote is an hustler, his reason is understandable,
but same cant be said of the sauidis,
money had destory the passion of the game, its becoming to robotic one way,
the flair, swagger, and others are missing in quantity

barackodam:

Motif?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:41am On Apr 22, 2020

barackodam:

Motif?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

U are alone on this. Sure u know how many years it is gonna cost them to take a shape, u think a sudden whirlwind will automatically make them a contender?

Max 2 /3 seasons,everything is possible with money cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:

Let’s see

It didn’t take mancity long thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:

Endy is ripe already for a better team, his work already is deserving of laurels, something New Castle is prolly never gonna smell, even in the next five years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Hear talk. Dangote is a hustler, they, they're not hustler? undecided

No let them hear you o. What motif do you need to buy club? Who cares? Maybe few fans sha, cos I'm sure owners are not exactly concerned.

See castle fans in UK excited about the takeover, you you're here questioning their motif for takeover. Lol

Even United fans would be glad if a Saudi or Qatari moneybag comes for their club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Let’s see

It didn’t take mancity long thou

Didn't take city long? The best teams are better recognized for their efforts outside their comfort zones. City and PSG are nothing but local champions. As poor as Dortmund and ATM are, compared to those too, they have got more dignity in Europe. Neither City nor PSG has been able to match with laurels, the windfall. City has just started to click lately, and mind you, most of the players who started this project(with city) are long gone without winning anything meaningful, I wouldn't want Endy to suffer such fate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

Endy is ripe already for a better team, his work already is deserving of laurels, something New Castle is prolly never gonna smell, even in the next five years.

Yea...u re right in dt aspect..with his exploit, he's ripe already for team/personal laurels..main reason I don't rate him as a top/world class player In Andrews voice smiley smiley...a world class player shld av some personal/team laurels to show for it.....but den,if Newcastle comes for him after d takeover with a juicy deal of 150k£ /week,my guy go japa go Newcastle smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

Didn't take city long? The best teams are better recognized for their efforts outside their comfort zones. City and PSG are nothing but local champions. As poor as Dortmund and ATM are, compared to those too, they have got more dignity in Europe. Neither City nor PSG has been able to match with laurels, the windfall. City has just started to click lately, and mind you, most of the players who started this project(with city) are long gone without winning anything meaningful, I wouldn't want Endy to suffer such fate

As poor as ATM ? Are you kidding me ?

Same atm that was rated ahead of all English club for years ?

What do you even know about football self,are you expecting a new team in the game like city to have more dignity than Dortmund that has been a big team for long in Europe ?

Players are not getting younger so you can’t expect all the players who started the project to remain ,David Silva will be leaving as a free agent soon ,he started the project and he has 4 epl medals to his name ,Zabaleta also have epl medals go his name ,kompany also ,Yaya Touré ,there are others who won also and they are old and have left the team ,David Silva is the last man standing ,I just gave you few list of players that started this project and they won something ,so don’t make it look like they didn’t win anything

How many players in the epl right now can boast of 4 epl medals if I may ask ?

If I am not mistaken mancity takeover was 2008 and it didn’t take them more than 3 seasons to be crowned the epl champions

And mind you I don’t want ndidi to go there oooo because I am sure Newcastle won’t even make top 4 in the next 4 seasons grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:

Yea...u re right in dt aspect..with his exploit, he's ripe already for team/personal laurels..main reason I don't rate him as a top/world class player In Andrews voice smiley smiley...a world class player shld av some personal/team laurels to show for it.....but den,if Newcastle comes for him after d takeover with a juicy deal of 150k£ /week,my guy go japa go Newcastle smiley

I understand where you are headed, but, right about now, he should be more concerned with the laurels and playing for the top teams could guarantee him that, plus more recognitions. He would only make money at New Castle with no laurels, because basically, pioneers ain't assembled for the laurels but for identity creation, making foundations and precedence on which the successors would bring the honors. Of all those quality players city gathered back then, how many won anything meaning with city? Yes, they smiled to the bank, no doubt about that, but history is gonna remember little or nothing about them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2020
elyte89:

Lol at Andrew voice got me laughing

Inter Milan and Napoli have some world class players that haven’t won anything yet

Soon bro ndidi will have something to show for it okay ,if ndidi is ambitious he won’t make such move ,but sha me I no trust Nigeria man as far as money Dey involve grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

As poor as ATM ? Are you kidding me ?

Same atm that was rated ahead of all English club for years ?

What do you even know about football self,are you expecting a new team in the game like city to have more dignity than Dortmund that has been a big team for long in Europe?

Players are not getting younger so you can’t expect all the players who started the project to remain ,David Silva will be leaving as a free agent soon ,he started the project and he has 4 epl medals to his name ,Zabaleta also have epl medals go his name ,kompany also ,Yaya Touré ,there are others who won also and they are old and have left the team ,David Silva is the last man standing ,I just gave you few list of players that started this project and they won something ,so don’t make it look like they didn’t win anything

How many players in the epl right now can boast of 4 epl medals if I may ask ?

If I am not mistaken mancity takeover was 2008 and it didn’t take them more than 3 seasons to be crowned the epl champions

Football acada, your biggest undoing is reading without comprehension. Whenever u read, do with keen interest to be able to detect figurative statements, because sometimes, writings go beyond the actual meaning of words. "as poor as...compared to", doesn't mean ATM is poor, it only means City is richer.

About the bolded, in summary, I can deduce u mean history. Lol, yea either of the two could have a richer history before the windfall, but what has City been able to do in Europe compared to Dortmund since City got the money? Money could make u a local champion(epl, and cups)but not necessarily a world beater(the champions league and the likes).

I chose to address only ur first two paragraphs Bkus every other thing u wrote below was out of context and utter balderdash

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2020
Bia Andrew what is happening here? Are we expecting sir MbJane in addy? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

Football acada, your biggest undoing is reading without comprehension. Whenever u read, do with keen interest to be able to detect figurative statements, because sometimes, writings go beyond the actual meaning of words. "as poor as...compared to", doesn't mean ATM is poor, it only means City is richer.

About the bolded, in summary, I can deduce u mean history. Lol, yea either of the two could have a richer history before the windfall, but what has City been able to do in Europe compared to Dortmund since City got the money? Money could make u a local champion(epl, and cups)but not necessarily a world beater(the champions league and the likes).

I chose to address only ur first two paragraphs Bkus every other thing u wrote below was out of context and utter balderdash

With time city might win the champions league

Winning the champions league is not easy it requires hard work and a little luck

Dortmund has just won 1 champions league which is 1996/97

Even the so called old European big teams it took them years to win the champions league

Money can make you a world beater,take it or leave it ,because city and co haven’t won’t it doesn’t mean money can’t make you win it

There is nothing senseless in what I said ,as usual you choose to show your real self

Not all the so called old European team have won the champions league , take note

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:
Bia Andrew what is happening here? Are we expecting sir MbJane in addy? grin

Smiles

I Dey chop some ban at times so na my alternate

Check the date when the account was signed up grin

And mind you am not mbjane

Trying to be smart always is really making you confused.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

With time city might win the champions league

Winning the champions league is not easy it requires hard work and a little luck

Dortmund has just won 1 champions league which is 1996/97

Even the so called old European big teams it took them years to win the champions league

Money can make you a world beater,take it or leave it ,because city and co haven’t won’t it doesn’t mean money can’t make you win it

There is nothing senseless in what I said ,as usual you choose to show your real self

Smh

Yea they can still win it, but, definitely not with the generation that started the project. On this, I say Ndidi should steer clear Bkus he deserves better.

PSG and City are fifth and sixth in the list of the richest clubs in the world, while Dortmund and ATM are 12 and 13, but neither PSG nor City has been able to outperform either ATM or BVB in the main event, even though both ATM and BVB have lesser funds, respectively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smiles

I Dey chop some ban at times so na my alternate

Check the date when the account was signed up grin

And mind you am not mbjane

Trying to be smart always is really making you confused.

Hahahahahaha oboy this thing pain u oo, sotey u go modify ur post add more lines?

Oya no vex, when next are we seeing mbjane?grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

Yea they can still win it, but, definitely not with the generation that started the project. On this, I say Ndidi should steer clear Bkus he deserves better.

PSG and City are fifth and sixth in the list of the richest clubs in the world, while Dortmund and ATM are 12 and 13, but neither PSG nor City has been able to outperform either ATM or BVB in the main event, even though both ATM and BVB have lesser funds, respectively.

I concur

I never suggested ndidi to Newcastle ooo Abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

Hahahahahaha oboy this thing pain u oo, sotey u go modify ur post add more lines?

Oya no vex, when next are we seeing mbjane?grin

Lol ,you take me serious all time then na you sabi oo

All fun bro grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I concur

I never suggested ndidi to Newcastle ooo Abeg

U concur? What then, have you been on, all the while? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8510) (8511) (8512) (8513) (8514) (8515) (8516) ... (16249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), zicky(m), paulos8 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.