Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,099 members, 7,867,156 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966740 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8605) (8606) (8607) (8608) (8609) (8610) (8611) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
Ranking every Bournemouth player
A-GRADE

Philip Billing: A wrecking ball who’s in danger of manning the midfield in a relegated team for the second-straight season. And, again, it would not be his fault. Team-leading 65 tackles for the club’s easy POTY

—nbcSports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 20, 2020
'My Big Dream Is To Play For Denmark' - Bournemouth's Billing Dismisses Nigeria Rumours
Published: May 20, 2020
'My Big Dream Is To Play For Denmark' - Bournemouth's Billing Dismisses Nigeria Rumours
Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has dismissed rumours in the Nigerian press that he wants to play for the Super Eagles and has stressed that his international futures lies with the Danish National Team.

Born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother, it is only a matter of time before Billing becomes cap-tied to the Scandinavian country as he has been called-up to their senior team several times and was a non-playing substitute on six occasions.

"I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it," Billing told Danish newspaper BT.

"I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah.

"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish.

"Of course I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

"I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to play for. That's my big dream."

Billing revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles.

"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon.

"I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream," Billing added.

The former Denmark U21 star has held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut for his country of birth.

"I've talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little.

"From what I hear, it's something I look forward to very much. Playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut. "

Billing has stressed that he won't address questions about committing his international future to Nigeria in the future.

"Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

Former Huddersfield youth-teamer Billing has made 70 appearances in the English Premier League since his debut in August 2017.

chriskel where you dey

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2020
elunico:

Ah tell u.

Dude ain't scared of no one.

Remember one match between Man City and QPR, He stepped on Tevez's leg and was red carded, after receiving the red card, he went on to kick Tevez who was still on the ground. Balotelli had to be held back then, he wanted fighting off Barton and Barton wasn't scared to confront him.

It was Aguero if I remember right. He hit Tevez first. . So crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGuIJ4Sef0Y
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On May 20, 2020
O men. This Billing Finished us. This guy so finished us I am beginning to feel Finnish. Like I feel I am from Finland.

Billing makes Tammy look like an angel. Chineke. Abasi Mbok.

"I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to play for. That's my big dream."

Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2020
PR Nightmare. Enough of this madness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:57pm On May 20, 2020
Make e come win international trophy make I dey see grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:57pm On May 20, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Dani please I need something from you. Do you have any better connection in football academy in Europe. My nephew want to be a footballer. Don't worry about the money. Thanks

Not at all bro..

I'm not really involved with people in the football business like that....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:00pm On May 20, 2020
sheyishemba:

Published: May 20, 2020
Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has dismissed rumours in the Nigerian press that he wants to play for the Super Eagles and has stressed that his international futures lies with the Danish National Team.

Born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother, it is only a matter of time before Billing becomes cap-tied to the Scandinavian country as he has been called-up to their senior team several times and was a non-playing substitute on six occasions.

"I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it," Billing told Danish newspaper BT.

"I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah.

"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish.

"Of course I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

Billing revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles.

"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon.

"I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream," Billing added.

The former Denmark U21 star has held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut for his country of birth.

"I've talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little.

"From what I hear, it's something I look forward to very much. Playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut. "

Billing has stressed that he won't address questions about committing his international future to Nigeria in the future.

"Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

Former Huddersfield youth-teamer Billing has made 70 appearances in the English Premier League since his debut in August 2017.

chriskel where you dey

See the person some people were stressing over..

Saying he will come and bench Ndidi...

Smh...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:00pm On May 20, 2020
Joebie:
Ranking every Bournemouth player
A-GRADE

Philip Billing: A wrecking ball who’s in danger of manning the midfield in a relegated team for the second-straight season. And, again, it would not be his fault. Team-leading 65 tackles for the club’s easy POTY

—nbcSports

Be wasting your time on Billing..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On May 20, 2020
Because of Pinnick they should change our name From Nigerians to Finnish.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2020
Abi, Amokachi used to coach in Finland. Let them make him Super Eagles coach to coach the Finnish national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:07pm On May 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
O men. This Billing Finished us. This guy so finished us I am beginning to feel Finnish. Like I feel I am from Finland.

Billing makes Tammy look like an angel. Chineke. Abasi Mbok.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

Dis is what we call fatality in MORTAL KOMBAT

meanwhile @ Chris, u av a case to answer angry grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On May 20, 2020
elyte89:

Real Mortal Kombat. Real Finishing.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:17pm On May 20, 2020
Everyone has their own perspectives, a lot of things will happen when you are coaching at the highest level and for sure there was pressure from all angle”.

“However a player was dropped for Obasi in 2010 World Cup, he did not have any problem with that, now that he was dropped in 2014, he started talking.”

“Some players only think for themselves and not for others, in 2014 Obasi was injured and was just coming back from the serious injury. If he has evidence that they demanded money from him, he should come forward and present it.”

“But why can’t he while Keshi is still alive, so they can face each other.”
- Ike Shorunmu

https://www.brila.net/when-a-player-was-dropped-for-him-in-2010-world-cup-he-didnt-complain-ike-shorunmu-blasts-obasi/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:20pm On May 20, 2020
elyte89:

but wait o... na Billing be the "top player" wey Chris been Dy disturb us about since ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09am On May 21, 2020
Na u dey buy my data?
Danielnino00:

Be wasting your time on Billing..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:12am On May 21, 2020
The ones we convinced nko? Abi na jazz NFF dey use take chase players? Lol
TheGoodJoe:
Because of Pinnick they should change our name From Nigerians to Finnish.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:22am On May 21, 2020
My people for Warri go say, “ekpa”

Danielnino00:

Smh...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:38am On May 21, 2020
So that's it? Billing matter don enter Server Error?

I think we should warn ourselves henceforth to not in a bid to hype an uncapped player, downgrade a tested and good SE capped players pls.

Ndidi was made to look like an NPFL player by comparism on here. Now see the RKO he gave us.

Until they are capped, they are not to be hyped..... This will help..

My head dey pain me sef.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:40am On May 21, 2020
Joebie:
Na u dey buy my data?

Oga go and sleep..

You hyped Tammy for the Super eagles,he gave us the middle finger..

You hyped Billings ("he will displace Ndidi bla bla"wink he gave us the middle finger..

Give it a rest already...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:13am On May 21, 2020
If I give u assignment to quote me after 5 years u no go fit still submit the assignment. Billing did well to explain why he feels 100% danish. He probably never been to Nigeria. I wonder his relationship with his father. Does he share the same paternity with his siblings? I wonder. It’s very understandable and normal to have affinity for one nation over another. It surprises me when people feel slighted by such remarks. The only thing he feels Nigerian about is that his father is Nigerian. That’s says a lot.

That said, if he had chosen us, he would have been a good addition to SE. since that is not to be we move on and keep looking to always improve the team.

Danielnino00:

Oga go and sleep..

You hyped Tammy for the Super eagles,he gave us the middle finger..

You hyped Billings ("he will displace Ndidi bla bla"wink he gave us the middle finger..

Give it a rest already...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15am On May 21, 2020
I’m waiting for you to substantiate your claims by quoting me. Or is that you are so emotional by Billings comments. Get over your emotions and apply some critical thinking here.

daveP:
So that's it? Billing matter don enter Server Error?

I think we should warn ourselves henceforth to not in a bid to hype an uncapped player, downgrade a tested and good SE capped players pls.

Ndidi was made to look like an NPFL player by comparism on here. Now see the RKO he gave us.

Until they are capped, they are not to be hyped..... This will help..

My head dey pain me sef.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:23am On May 21, 2020
Joebie:
If I give u assignment to quote me after 5 years u no go fit still submit the assignment. Billing did well to explain why he feels 100% danish. He probably never been to Nigeria. I wonder his relationship with his father. Does he share the same paternity with his siblings? I wonder. It’s very understandable and normal to have affinity for one nation over another. It surprises me when people feel slighted by such remarks. The only thing he feels Nigerian about is that his father is Nigerian. That’s says a lot.

That said, if he had chosen us, he would have been a good addition to SE. since that is not to be we move on and keep looking to always improve the team.

Story...

We can easily get an alternative to Billing...same way we have a better alternative to Tammy..

Nobody is bigger than the national team...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:30am On May 21, 2020
Bigger than the national team? They never played for us at junior level so it makes no sense. It will be more appropriate for Denmark and England to say that if we had gotten both players to switch
Danielnino00:

Story...

We can easily get an alternative to Billing...same way we have a better alternative to Tammy..

Nobody is bigger than the national team...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:06am On May 21, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Abi, Amokachi used to coach in Finland. Let them make him Super Eagles coach to coach the Finnish national team.
grin So you fit make joke like this. But kai, the guy flogged us with rods gaskiya

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:09am On May 21, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

It was Aguero if I remember right. He hit Tevez first. . So crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGuIJ4Sef0Y

I see my very own double tee acting as a peacemaker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:10am On May 21, 2020
Billing for slap my face with Nigeria but I'm on facemask. Gustav, Afobear, food is ready

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:19am On May 21, 2020
Jordan Torunarigha makes WhoScored Bundesliga Team of the Week
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 3:09am On May 21, 2020
Billing just gave Nigeria his bill

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasparrow1: 5:01am On May 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

Not at all bro..

I'm not really involved with people in the football business like that....
Alright, thanks bro?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:36am On May 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

Smh...

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:40am On May 21, 2020
Danielnino00:
Everyone has their own perspectives, a lot of things will happen when you are coaching at the highest level and for sure there was pressure from all angle”.

“However a player was dropped for Obasi in 2010 World Cup, he did not have any problem with that, now that he was dropped in 2014, he started talking.”

“Some players only think for themselves and not for others, in 2014 Obasi was injured and was just coming back from the serious injury. If he has evidence that they demanded money from him, he should come forward and present it.”

“But why can’t he while Keshi is still alive, so they can face each other.”
- Ike Shorunmu

https://www.brila.net/when-a-player-was-dropped-for-him-in-2010-world-cup-he-didnt-complain-ike-shorunmu-blasts-obasi/

Obasi knows he is better than many players in naija team at the 2014 World Cup

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8605) (8606) (8607) (8608) (8609) (8610) (8611) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Daejumong(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.