Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,039 members, 7,866,937 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966163 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8607) (8608) (8609) (8610) (8611) (8612) (8613) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

Billing was using us to play ludo...unless the report we saw in the media the last few days about him wanting to play for us were false..

And @ ur last paragraph there will always be a better alternative...
No player anywhere is bigger than the national team!

Everything about Billing playing for the SE seems to be hearsay and over stated speculation.

Unless you have a clear statement from him saying he wants to play for Nigeria. Which we simply don't have.

Saying he deh take us play "Ludo " is unfair and not true.

The NFF may have approached but we don't know if they did and the the substance of that contact if Indeed there was any in the first place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2020
Jasparrow1:
His is 20 years old. He's just playing for a club team in Niger state.

First of all he is TOTALLY ruled out of any academy system in Europe top 20 leagues.

He should be playing first team football and his best springboard for getting to Europe is national youth team selection.

It's implied that he is very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:32pm On May 21, 2020
komekn:

First of all he is TOTALLY ruled out of any academy system in Europe top 20 leagues.

He should be playing first team football and his best springboard for getting to Europe is national youth team selection.

I hope the person will succeed in his career

He is already 20 ,so you see why he will need to low his age ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:38pm On May 21, 2020
Jasparrow1:
His is 20 years old. He's just playing for a club team in Niger state.

Automatically he's 16...if u knw u knw cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasparrow1: 12:38pm On May 21, 2020
komekn:

Ok. The national Youth team is it here in Nigeria or in Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasparrow1: 12:38pm On May 21, 2020
elyte89:

I got ya grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 12:40pm On May 21, 2020
elyte89:

I think 16 is too much, else he might miss the next u17. He should go with 15 instead. Removing just 5 from one's age when it concerns football isn't much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:47pm On May 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

'My Big Dream Is To Play For Denmark' - Bournemouth's Billing Dismisses Nigeria Rumours
Published: May 20, 2020
'My Big Dream Is To Play For Denmark' - Bournemouth's Billing Dismisses Nigeria Rumours
Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has dismissed rumours in the Nigerian press that he wants to play for the Super Eagles and has stressed that his international futures lies with the Danish National Team.

Born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother, it is only a matter of time before Billing becomes cap-tied to the Scandinavian country as he has been called-up to their senior team several times and was a non-playing substitute on six occasions.

"I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it," Billing told Danish newspaper BT.

"I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah.

"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish.

"Of course I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

"I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to play for. That's my big dream."

Billing revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles.

"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon.

"I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream," Billing added.

The former Denmark U21 star has held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut for his country of birth.

"I've talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little.

"From what I hear, it's something I look forward to very much. Playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut. "

Billing has stressed that he won't address questions about committing his international future to Nigeria in the future.

"Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

Former Huddersfield youth-teamer Billing has made 70 appearances in the English Premier League since his debut in August 2017.

chriskel where you dey

Is it Billing or Bullying they call you,
Listen
We don't need you.
We have Ndidi, Etebo, Azeez, Aribo, Ejaria, Iwobi, Aina, Ehizibue, Ebuehi etc
We don't need you
Go and roast on Denmark's bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 1:52pm On May 21, 2020
solonnachi:

Is it Billing or Bullying they call you,
Listen
We don't need you.
We have Ndidi, Etebo, Azeez, Aribo, Ejaria, Iwobi, Aina, Ehizibue, Ebuehi etc
We don't need you
Go and roast on Denmark's bench.

Pained Mofo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:54pm On May 21, 2020
I compared the stats. It was clear where Ndidi had an edge. I highlighted aerial duels that that’s what Billing could bring to the team. Besides Billing has played more as a CM. Every player with such stats have a chance to compete. That makes a team stronger.
But if all my quotes are digged up it will expose yeye talk here. A couple occasions I stressed IF he made the switch he would be a good addition. Make una dig my quotes one by one and compare it to the rubbish u are spewing.

andrewbaba44:

People like joebie was giving billing a chance against Ndidi suddenly

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:59pm On May 21, 2020
That’s the point they are pained because Billing turned Nigeria forgetting that players have also opted to play for us. Or is Nigeria the best country in the world that all of them must choose Nigeria.

Afobear:

Pained Mofo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On May 21, 2020
Rohr approached Billing. That sums up the matter. If Rohr didn’t think he would be needed he wouldn’t have approached the Dane directly. Let me see how many knocks Rohr will get now.. grin like Pinnick got.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 2:18pm On May 21, 2020
Afobear:

Pained Mofo
E no pain me ooo oga. We also have options
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:23pm On May 21, 2020
Joebie:
That’s the point they are pained because Billing turned Nigeria forgetting that players have also opted to play for us. Or is Nigeria the best country in the world that all of them must choose Nigeria.

Some of them might be pained but not people like me

Continue your asslicking for those foreign born players

Now divert your energy to ebere eze and bukayo saka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:24pm On May 21, 2020
solonnachi:

E no pain me ooo oga. We also have options
cheesy ;Dyou are pained
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2020
Arabiandude:

I think 16 is too much, else he might miss the next u17. He should go with 15 instead. Removing just 5 from one's age when it concerns football isn't much.

Until MRI exposes him....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2020
The poor man Okocha, and Rich man Babayaro,

abi nah wetin we go call Saka

andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:54pm On May 21, 2020
When Donald Trump called Nigeria a shit hole, don’t many of you still love him? What Tammy and Billing said is nothing compared to that. And by the way wasn’t it Rohr who approached Billing? Rohr wouldn’t have if he didn’t think Billing wasnt gonna be a good addition. Finito. grin
andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2020
Joebie:

I think you are the pained one here... After all the time and energy u used to hype him for us.. saying he could displace Ndidi..

Some of us simply didn't care...

In the coming days,we expect you to talk more about Billing here... The same way you did with Tammy after he turned us down...trying to downgrade Osimhen for him...
We know your style..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na Joebie e Dy pain pass jare... Na pretense e Dy take cover am grin

Same way e go pain elyte when Saka tell us to f**k off (I hope not grin )
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:59pm On May 21, 2020
Lol. Why e go pain me? I’ve always said IF he switches. So it’s impossible because I still entertained it will not happen. FACT hahaha

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:00pm On May 21, 2020
LIAR. That’s why you cannot quote a single quote of mine.

Danielnino00:

I think you are the pained here... After all the time and energy u used to hype him for us.. saying he could displace Ndidi..

Some of us simply didn't care...

In the coming days,we expect you to talk more about Billing here... The same way you did with Tammy after he turned his down...trying to downgrade Osimhen for him...
We know your style..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:01pm On May 21, 2020
The real white ass lickers cannot put a finger on Rohr like they did on Pinnick. Still waiting.

Modified
And majority Nigerians in Nigeria love Trump. The real White-ass lickers please stand up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:03pm On May 21, 2020
na wa o
las las e pain everybody I no shame to talk am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On May 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lol no mind am

Make e dey pretend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:11pm On May 21, 2020
do4luv14:

The poor man Okocha, and Rich man Babayaro,

abi nah wetin we go call Saka

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:33pm On May 21, 2020
Make I dig them expose una

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:34pm On May 21, 2020
Yeye dey smell. I wonder which school some people go. 0% in critical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2020
Joebie don't stress yourself trying to prove...

We are just overly emotional.

It's not all players that will buy idea of wearing Green & White.

Amaju and Rohr should continue the good work. If they agree to fly our colour, fine and if they don't, fine too.

We can't have them all and we can't lose them all too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 4:13pm On May 21, 2020
Edopesin:
na wa o

las las e pain everybody I no shame to talk am
it's cool you admitted you were pained but don't try to include "everybody." Lot of us don't care.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:14pm On May 21, 2020
Finito. Thank u my brother
Utonwanne:
Joebie don't stress yourself trying to prove...

We are just overly emotional.

It's not all players that will buy idea of wearing Green & White.

Amaju and Rohr should continue the good work. If they agree to fly our colour, fine and if they don't, fine too.

We can't have them all and we can't lose them all too.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:19pm On May 21, 2020
5inchdick:

it's cool you admitted you were pained but don't try to include "everybody." Lot of us don't care.

you're living in denial cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8607) (8608) (8609) (8610) (8611) (8612) (8613) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.