Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11790557 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) (8761) (8762) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by WhistleBIower: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2020
MrJaay:

Yup. The last alphabet in this alternate profile is a capital letter "i"not an L

It would be less confusing if the name were written as s.afarigiri

CC: safarigirl

Explorers account was also cloned the L there was replaced with a an uppercase i
The comment in explorer's cloned account got so worse that the mods had to delete all his comments.
Check it out
https://www.nairaland.com/expiorers
Same with Ishilove
https://www.nairaland.com/ishiiove
Cc Edopesin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
u no go see his efforts on the pitch cus u no sabi ball. Even arsenal fans today are missing alex.

He is not a player to wow u with dribbles and goals but very efficient in what he does best which are 1 touch football qnd linking the midfield with the attackers. Iwobi a thorough arsenal bred player and if you understands wengers philosophy you will know thw reason he rated alex so high

I almost agree, man, but Iwobi is actually a player that wows with dribbles. Last season, he had the 4th most nutmegs in England. The one dribble he had in the Liverpool game was a meg on Fabinho.

Iwobi has the 5th most through balls completed this season, two were against Liverpool at Anfield. He has played 1000 mins less than the first. He needs to leave England to a club like Roma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Icon4s:

When are we capping this Kid?

Sorry! England won't be letting this one slip through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

I almost agree, man, but Iwobi is actually a player that wows with dribbles. Last season, he had the 4th most nutmegs in England. The one dribble he had in the Liverpool game was a meg on Fabinho.

Iwobi has the 5th most through balls completed this season, two were against Liverpool at Anfield. He has played 1000 mins less than the first. He needs to leave England to a club like Roma.
what a player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ishilove: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2020
WhistleBIower:

Explorers account was also cloned the L there was replaced with a an uppercase i
The comment in explorer's cloned account got so worse that the mods had to delete all his comments.
Check it out
https://www.nairaland.com/expiorers
Same with Ishilove
https://www.nairaland.com/ishiiove
Cc Edopesin
I had no idea until today cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 9:06am On Jun 22, 2020
Who noticed most of the balls were going to Richarlison , I mean his wings ! , Am not trying to justify iwobi, but I don’t think any ball got to him that he didn’t use well , or he should go fight for ball

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 9:34am On Jun 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
and u n who dey argue ball?
Of course no be me and you na ...I arrived at that conclusion after reading few of your previous comments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2020
Subzero047:
Iwobi was poor today well that's not news

I'm not surprised it's Coming from the person that said he doesn't train grin
Subzero047:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Olulong:

I'm not surprised it's Coming from the person that said he doesn't train grin

That's the plain truth I don't watch ball with biassed glasses, the guy stayed on his position throughout the match, no crosses, no fight he doesn't even make himself available for crossfield pass and when the team is on counter attack he jogs like a pregnant lady

He was up against Milner as a left back but couldn't use his position to count for Everton. I was thoroughly disappointed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2020
Subzero047:

That's the plain truth I don't watch ball with biassed glasses, the guy stayed on his position throughout the match, no crosses, no fight he doesn't even make himself available for crossfield pass and when the team is on counter attack he jogs like a pregnant lady

He was up against Milner as a left back but couldn't use his position to count for Everton. I was thoroughly disappointed

K.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Hi bros, trust you are doing well,

being wanted to ask you something,

i read a report about from Opera news, on Ajegunle greats who play the beautiful game,

is Pastor Taribo West truelly from AJ?

Icon4s:

Iwobi has always been a big game player, even right from his Arsenal days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

my guy you sabi the stats
thumbs up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2020
So you visit us here today, wow.....
Sun go shine today ooo

Ishilove:
I had no idea until today cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2020
Thought its coming late,
still we have fathes, Grandfathers, and a few Great Grandfathers here

and on behalf of the bachelors in this thread I say HAPPY FATHERS DAY......... To all dem papas in here

you all rock cheers...

CC Icon4s, Kog; and the rest of our fathers here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2020
Furthermore, this is to tell all dem bachelors here,

after this ( in Ndi Anambra vioce) Colora mirus , the bachelors here should goan marry ooo,

so that we go send reps, come chop Rice

CC TheSuperNerd, Chriskels,( oga go don sell land finish, for Enugu, sotey Ugwuani go begin wonder, wetin hin do), Edopesin, Elyte89, and others

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2020
Do4luv14.... Funny you are grin

Meanwhile on this day in history back in 2018 (June 22), this happened..

The North remembers... Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I actually believe Iwobi is grossly underrated on this thread. That's my own observation. I don't recall anyone likening Iwobi to Okocha or raising him to world class status.

What you don't know is the central importance of Iwobi to the way the current Super Eagles play in the final third. So yes, he is very underrated in here.

Bless you bro

They always look for a way to speak bad of iwobi ,if he is playing they will look for a way to insult him ,if he is at the bench they will call him a bench warmer which he isn’t

I am happy he left arsenal ,some people here would have look for a way to insult iwobi in those games arsenal loss to Brighton and city

And I finally agree with you that the dude is underrated and not overrated

Iwobi overrated ke

And where is that guy that said iwobi doesn’t train but yet he is fit and not looking fat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Subzero047:

He has always been poor to you because he doesn’t train

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2020
grin
andrewbaba44:

He has always been poor to you because he didn’t train
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:57am On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Arsenal: Bukayo Saka is now the biggest contract problem
by Andrew Dowdeswell

Bukayo Saka was Arsenal’s best player in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Brighton. With a year remaining on his current deal, the 18-year-old now poses the biggest contract problem to the club.

Arsenal have lots of crucial decisions to make this summer. Mikel Arteta is entering his first summer transfer window at the helm and, following Unai Emery’s disastrous 18-month tenure, he has lots of loose ends to tie up.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the most prominent problem. The 31-year-old has a year left on his contract, looks increasingly disinterested at the club, but is the top goalscorer, captain, and Arteta is keen to keep him. There is no perfect solution to his future.

There are others, too. Dani Ceballos will return to Real Madrid on loan, David Luiz may have already played his last game for the club, Shkodran Mustafi and Sokratis both have contracts that expire next summer, while Mesut Ozil and Henrikh Mkhitaryan present huge drains on the wage bill, so much so that the club has repeatedly tried and failed to offload them.

But for all of these issues, and all of them will need to be solved this summer, the biggest contractual conundrum that Arsenal must somehow find an answer to relates to young Bukayo Saka, who is quickly establishing himself as one of the brightest young talents in the Premier League.

The 18-year-old has been superb in his first season with the senior squad, especially since Arteta arrived. Initially at left-back and now in midfield, either on the wing or an inverted central midfield role that allows him to drift towards the left flank, Saka continues to prove that he is capable of producing on the senior stage. He was the best player on the pitch in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Brighton.

However, like with almost anything vaguely positive for Arsenal at present, this is a catch. And with Saka, it is a rather large and looming one. The teenager has stalled discussions regarding a new contract and could leave on a free next summer if he continues to reject the Gunners’ advances.

Arteta is keen to keep Saka, as he has said publicly, and Arsenal do not need reminding what can happen when you lose high-quality young players on the cheap. Serge Gnabry, Donyell Malen, Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Ismael Bennacer have all flourished since leaving the Emirates on the cheap or for free. Saka cannot be added to that list.

How the club can solve the Saka problem is difficult to determine. If he refuses to sign a new deal, as Gnabry did in 2016, the club may have to sell in the hope that they can recoup a high transfer fee before losing him for nothing. And in the current climate, any fee they get will not be what he might be worth in three, four or eight years time.

Keeping Saka is of the utmost importance. Arteta knows this. Arsenal know this. And yet, there might be nothing that they can do about it. This is now the biggest contract problem to solve.

Source: https://paininthearsenal.com/2020/06/09/fathers-day-2020-arsenal/

typical naija kid, but with sense.

They should give him 1/3 of Luiz wages na. Why drag foot?

Is Saka happy with his role? Forget professional?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2020
do4luv14:
Furthermore, this is to tell all dem bachelors here,

after this ( in Ndi Anambra vioce) Colora mirus , the bachelors here should goan marry ooo,

so that we go send reps, come chop Rice

CC TheSuperNerd, Chriskels,( oga go don sell land finish, for Enugu, sotey Ugwuani go begin wonder, wetin hin do), Edopesin, Elyte89, and others

Which one be 'Ndi Anambra voice'? embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2020
Update!

@LMCNPFL Clubs agree to end the season:

18 Clubs Chairmen Voted.

17 Clubs voted that the season be cancelled.

@AkwaUnited_fc and @LobiStars abstained from voting.

@RangersFC voted to go for Super 6 play off with top 3 Clubs qualifying for 2021 @CAF_Online Competitions.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2020
Edopesin:
Update!

@LMCNPFL Clubs agree to end the season:

18 Clubs Chairmen Voted.

17 Clubs voted that the season be cancelled.

@AkwaUnited_fc and @LobiStars abstained from voting.

@RangersFC voted to go for Super 6 play off with top 3 Clubs qualifying for 2021 @CAF_Online Competitions.

old news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Liposure:
old news

News of less than 15 hours ago

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

It was mesmerizing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 11:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Edopesin:

News of less than 15 hours ago
godwin enakhena already said it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

We keep shouting Racism forgetting about our own attitude, why must you put 'The NORTH remembers' did he play for the north? He is a Nigerian before anything. Hope you change this bad attitude of yours

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Nah as my bros dey yarn for Anambra ooo

Utonwanne:

Which one be 'Ndi Anambra voice'? embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Ihenzy:

We keep shouting Racism forgetting about our own attitude, why must you put 'The NORTH remembers' did he play for the north? He is a Nigerian before anything. Hope you change this bad attitude of yours

You should see Game of Thrones

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Subzero047:

No we no sabi ball, if you look at the person talking you would think he's a football genius like Guardiola grin

Coaching is different from talking football

Being a good football pundit doesn’t mean you will make a good coach

People plenty wey know how to analyze football pass Guardiola ,Guardiola is just a good coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Prectega:
Who noticed most of the balls were going to Richarlison , I mean his wings ! , Am not trying to justify iwobi, but I don’t think any ball got to him that he didn’t use well , or he should go fight for ball
he just had a bad day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Subzero047:

Reason it this way, man. For him to play 80+ mins means the coach was satisfied with him. Of all outfield players except defenders Iwobi had the most defensive action. 1 tackle, 2 interceptions, 2 clearances that is 5, more than Tom Davies who is a defensive midfielder.

This was Squawka's assessment of him:

"Was restricted to a largely defensive role, helping Coleman double up on Mane while fending off Milner and Gomez charging forward from left-back. Did his job well enough but will be disappointed at not being able to create more in the final third."

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) (8761) (8762) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.