Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786856 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) (8761) (8762) (8763) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
that idiot is fucking annoying and i pray and wish i could see him in person someday

cheesy cheesy

For your mind you go fit beat am if you see am grin

Anyway I trust you make you use your pot belle rough handle am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Coaching is different from talking football

Being a good football pundit doesn’t mean you will make a good coach

People plenty wey know how to analyze football pass Guardiola ,Guardiola is just a good coach
i quite agree wit u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
and u n who dey argue ball?

Lol cheesy cheesy

I too like una for this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lol
Icon4s:

Not even on the field of play grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ihenzy:

We keep shouting Racism forgetting about our own attitude, why must you put 'The NORTH remembers' did he play for the north? He is a Nigerian before anything. Hope you change this bad attitude of yours

Easy chairman. Try understanding the context of any sentence before rushing to castigate people.

By "The North Remembers," he was referring to ICELAND being a Nordic or Northern European Country.

Musa fired two goals into their net during the last World Cup and in one of those goals, he dribbled past their goalkeeper before depositing the ball into an empty net.

Try to delete that comment or simply apologize.
Cheers. smiley

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ihenzy:

We keep shouting Racism forgetting about our own attitude, why must you put 'The NORTH remembers' did he play for the north? He is a Nigerian before anything. Hope you change this bad attitude of yours

Obviously, You missed or should I say mixed the whole thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Edopesin:

You should see Game of Thrones

Or Vikings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Plateau , enyimba and rivers will represent Nigeria in the continent next season after stakeholders voted to end the season using PPG , kano pillars has also been given the last continental spot as the defending champion of the Aiteo cup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
I'm glad richaldison didn't pass to iwobi yesterday knowing iwobi he would have attempted a very tame shot or get closed down quickly and the fans will crucify him grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
isan:
I'm glad richaldison didn't pass to iwobi yesterday knowing iwobi he would have attempted a very tame shot or get closed down quickly and the fans will crucify him grin

he was still crucified nonetheless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
junnyjake:

Or Vikings.
the phrase is not really used in Vikings but e still join
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
isan:
Plateau , enyimba and rivers will represent Nigeria in the continent next season after stakeholders voted to end the season using PPG , kano pillars has also been given the last continental spot as the defending champion of the Aiteo cup

They chose the easy way out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Thats the best option bro
mkrest:

They chose the easy way out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
I am surprised you didn't even get the joke. The north refers to Iceland. G.O.T quote. Hahahahahahahahaha.... You and the people who liked your comment need to lighten up. Lol cheesy

P.S: And wait, Bad attitude?? Please amuse me more. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Some of you in here ehn.... Smh. Ignorance is not fun at all. grin Everything in that comment just flew over your head. Lol

Ihenzy:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
Cc Ihenzy

The post below is dated and quoted from October 14, 2019 on this thread.

This is to help you further understand the context. I do this because now I wonder who else out there must be having the same thought process like you about #TheNorthRemembers.

Next time, try to understand where one is coming from and what his/her comments mean. wink #Peace

TheSuperNerd:
Happy Birthday to Ahmed Musa.... Nigeria's World Cup legend.... Destroyer of the Northern "Sons" of Iceland... grin Super Speedster and Captain of the Super Eagles.

We will never forget how you made Halldorsson, the door of the North lie down in green pastures. Enjoy your day Skippo. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Later today, Nigerian Battle Royale in Spain.

Chidozie Awaziem and Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes CD) vs Ramon Azeez (Granada) in La Liga action.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
isan:
Thats the best option bro

If you say so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Other Nigerian players expected/likely to see action today across Europe:

La Liga

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Sevilla - Home game.

Turkish Super Lig

Paul Omo Mukairu (Antalyaspor) Vs Rizespor - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Mjallby - Home game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
CornOak:

Easy chairman. Try understanding the context of any sentence before rushing to castigate people.

By "The North Remembers," he was referring to ICELAND being a Nordic or Northern European Country.

Musa fired two goals into their net during the last World Cup and in one of those goals, he dribbled past their goalkeeper before depositing the ball into an empty net.

Try to delete that comment or simply apologize.
Cheers. smiley
on the flip side, he is from the north
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Other Nigerian players expected/likely to see action today across Europe:

La Liga

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Sevilla - Home game.

Turkish Super Lig

Paul Omo Mukairu (Antalyaspor) Vs Rizespor - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Mjallby - Home game.

i'd luv 2 see the villareal star
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
isan:

tbvh there is no meaning in this statement, the ability of "criticism" is to better up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Liposure:
on the flip side, he is from the north

and in what sense does the "North" remember in this context?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Hi bros, trust you are doing well,

being wanted to ask you something,

i read a report about from Opera news, on Ajegunle greats who play the beautiful game,

is Pastor Taribo West truelly from AJ?

Me and Taribo West played Jeun-Jeun football for Ajegunle grin. We were team mates.

He is AJ-AJ to the core.

Big ups to our "coach Ibe" for discovering some of those talents.

Na Bridge Boys Taribo start him professional football from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Do4luv14.... Funny you are grin

Meanwhile on this day in history back in 2018 (June 22), this happened..

The North remembers... Lol

Is Ahmed Musa still relevant for nigeria. Sometimes he plays well sometimes he doesnt and as a winger his finall ball is poor. But he sure has some ability as shown above. Its something i wonder about. His moving to a nonsense league makes matters worse.
I think hr purst into the scene 10 years ago when there was little talent in the super eagles.
However we have so many good players in his position from chidera ejuke yo samuel kalu. Well time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
The Viper's response to this post sha, he had to call the tweep by his real name to show his disappointment grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

For your mind you go fit beat am if you see am grin

Anyway I trust you make you use your pot belle rough handle am
hahahaha. You just dey on form for days now. You dey hit back to back hahahahaha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Is Ahmed Musa still relevant for nigeria. Sometimes he plays well sometimes he doesnt and as a winger his finall ball is poor. But he sure has some ability as shown above. Its something i wonder about. His moving to a nonsense league makes matters worse.
I think hr purst into the scene 10 years ago when there was little talent in the super eagles.
However we have so many good players in his position from chidera ejuke yo samuel kalu. Well time will tell
Musa is one of those players who never really reached their full potentials.

If he had joined a club with a decent coach who knows how to develop players, he would have turned out better...
Even at his age,he still has his speed...his final ball product has always been at best average..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Tamunotonye22:

and in what sense does the "North" remember in this context?
from the kano. he represented nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
In Latvia, Miracle Chikezie Nwaorisa scored the winner for his side Spartaks Jurmala as they ran out 2-1 winners in a league game.

That game saw Five Nigerian youngsters feature for Spartaks Jurmala. Three from the start. Two off the bench.

They lied to us that Nwaorisa was the best thing since sliced bread, just to get him a place in Aigbogun's team to Poland. They told us he already had a precontract with Sampdoria while other bigger clubs were mulling, las las, just like Abdul Zubairu's, all na wash angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Icon4s:

Me and Taribo West played Jeun-Jeun football for Ajegunle grin. We were team mates.

He is AJ-AJ to the core.

Big ups to our "coach Ibe" for discovering some of those talents.

Na Bridge Boys Taribo start him professional football from.

My man, talk true, for that jeun-jeun football, na for goal post dem dey put u dat time abi? grin grin

Growing up, doz wey fat and doz wey no sabi tap leather, we dey automatically assign them to the goalpost to serve as our goalkeepers while we the real Gees slog it out inside fieldgrin grin

Na this kind thing u go dey suffer doz years as u dey goal post grin grin

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1275104383425019905?s=20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Joebie:
But Alampasu was calmly warming up and about to come on the pitch. He showed glimpses of his old self with his sharp reflexes on the sidelines. I can't wait to see him get his cameo.. wink

You well so? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
ChrisKels:

My man, talk true, for that jeun-jeun football, na for goal post dem dey put u dat time abi? grin grin

Growing up, doz wey fat and doz wey no sabi tap leather, we dey automatically assign them to the goalpost to serve as our goalkeepers while we the real Gees slog it out inside fieldgrin grin

Ah grin

No oo. The kind Jeun-Jeun football wey we play, we had clubs and we contributed Money for tournaments and then there were trophies.

We played regular 11 against 11. Even with Jerseys. It was usually "a Winner take all" competition. And sometimes it went violent when there was poor officiating.

They were teen clubs mostly for Children between 12 & 17.

Some of the players then will progress to the Senior teams that played the Mock nations cup.

A lot of Nigerian professional coaches used to attend the Ajegunle Mock nations cup then. I only played in one for my Team Madagascar when I was 15 (I was kind of big relative to most other AJ kids then). Some Golden Eaglets players of yester years were picked from that Tournament.

Then you had to chose between your academics and football because you could hardly combine both because of the number of hours you may have to spend on the field weekly. I went for my academics and rather preferred to watch other boys play when I had the freedom to. Thank God today we have football academies. Nothing of such then. Na mostly NFAs (No Future Ambition) dey take ball serious then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) (8761) (8762) (8763) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.