Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,382 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11839426 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8848) (8849) (8850) (8851) (8852) (8853) (8854) ... (16239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
kendrick9:

Mumu..
Didn't you see the screenshot I posted unless you think Liverpool wants to sign mbappe, dembele, goetze..
Don't be a dunce.
Use your head.

Guy ya a numskull olodo ni ee there is difference you said Liverpool Wanted to sign dembele and mbappe they might it not of your father's business official bid has not been made but Liverpool fc official site reported that made a bid that was rejected by Villarreal and ya having the gut to me it wrong is it your father that owns Liverpool niii ?? ya an experienced fool and it pointless arguing with you coz I won't want you to drag to folly level and beat me with experience but I'll like you to know that goals, Liverpool official site and daily mirrors are more reputable and credible than your ancestors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
For now, he is still tied to Liverpool till 2023. Loan at Mainz is over. I trust a decision will be made this summer concerning the lad. To have him loaned out again or to have a team permanently take him off Liverpool. This summer window will tell.

Blueelf:
Abeg, my chief scouts them, what's up with Awoniyi.?

I kinda feel sorry for the guy

Any updates on him? His next trajectory and what's not?

Cc thesupernerd, Chriskels, andrewbaba44

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
sheyishemba:

Guy ya a numskull olodo ni ee there is difference you said Liverpool Wanted to sign dembele and mbappe they might it not of your father's business official bid has not been made but Liverpool fc official site reported that made a bid that was rejected by Villarreal and ya having the gut to me it wrong is it your father that owns Liverpool niii ?? ya an experienced fool and it pointless arguing with you coz I won't want you to drag to folly level and beat me with experience but I'll like you to know that goals, Liverpool official site and daily mirrors are more reputable and credible than your ancestors

The news about Liverpool making a bid for Chukwueze didn't come out until around February..
I can authoritatively tell you that during the transfer window, there was no credible report that said a bid was submitted..

All these report you are seeing on Mirror,goal, Liverpool Echo,etc are siting France football as their source.

Only France football reported in February that a bid was rejected by Villareal from Liverpool.. No other news outlet did .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
For now, he is still tied to Liverpool till 2023. Loan at Mainz is over. I trust a decision will be made this summer concerning the lad. To have him loaned out again or to have a team permanently take him off Liverpool. This summer window will tell.

He would have been sold last season,but Liverpool wanted 10m and no club was willing to pay it.

Given his performance at Mainz this season, I doubt if another bid will come in... Most likely,he will be loaned out again..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oma Akatugba as usual with the downgrading of EPL vs Liga.

Puts Auba as Case study. Says Goal is goal no matter the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Transfer Rumor: Chukwueze

Spanish media outlet, Mundo Deportivo are currently carrying news of Atletico Madrid's interest in Samuel Chukwueze.
Nothing concrete though in terms of a bid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Rumor: Chukwueze

Spanish media outlet, Mundo Deportivo are currently carrying news of Atletico Madrid's interest in Samuel Chukwueze.
Nothing concrete though in terms of a bid.

Atletico should hands off our boy please..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
Honestly, no team would be willing to pay even 8million now for him. Five million may look fair but he didn't really do much this past season. A loan is likely but I am hoping he can bag a permanent move for good in the near future. I don't think he has a future at Anfield under current circumstances.

Danielnino00:

He would have been sold last season,but Liverpool wanted 10m and no club was willing to pay it.

Give his performance at Mainz this season, I doubt if another bid will come in... Most likely,he will be loaned out again..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

atletico plays a counter attack set-up..

He will do just fine there, they don't have prolific wingers I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lol.... Clarify this "our boy" talk.

Is it the Liverpool "our boy" talk as regards your club still holding an interest in the lad in future so you don't want anyone coming in to steal a march on the lad or is it the Super Eagles own as in "Atletico is not good for him"? Which one? grin

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
seankafor:

Atletico prioritises defensive football more..
I don't see how Chukwueze stats will improve if he joins them..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol.... Clarify this "our boy" talk.

Is it the Liverpool "our boy" talk as regards your club still holding an interest in the lad in future so you don't want anyone coming in to steal a march on the lad or is it the Super Eagles own as in "Atletico is not good for him"? Which one? grin

Obviously the later...
I don't think Liverpool are interested anymore ..since we have signed Minamino..

But in your own opinion, do you think Atletico would be good for him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick9(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

The news about Liverpool making a bid for Chukwueze didn't come out until around February..
I can authoritatively tell you that during the transfer window, there was no credible report that said a bid was submitted..

All these report you are seeing on Mirror,goal, Liverpool Echo,etc are siting France football as their source.

Only France football reported in February that a bid was rejected by Villareal from Liverpool.. No other news outlet did .
Truth bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
Alright then. Curiosity had me asking. Lol

Would Atletico be good for Chuks? Chuks will excel in a good counter attacking side as he would be a major outlet they can play through when on the front foot and transiting from defence to attack mode.
But again, I would be concerned for his all-round attacking game development under Simeone. I mean looking at how Thomas Lemar went cold under Simeone is not encouraging. Also Joao Felix haven't exactly hit the heights yet under Simeone as Atletico seems to emphasise heavy defensive football or more like football focused on trying to not concede while hitting you with the odd goal(s).

Atletico would be a step up in terms of quality no doubt but their style of play may only see the best of Chuks when on the counter with him as their major attacking outlet.

Danielnino00:

Obviously the later...
I don't think Liverpool are interested anymore ..since we have signed Minamino..

But in your own opinion, do you think Atletico would be good for him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
seankafor:

Angel correa and carrasco na wingers sha

You must know how to defend paying under simeone thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Would Atletico be good for Chuks? Chuks will excel in a good counter attacking side as he would be a major outlet they can play through when on the front foot and transiting from defence to attack mode.
But again, I would be concerned for his all-round attacking game development under Simeone. I mean looking at how Thomas Lemar went cold under Simeone is not encouraging. Also Joao Felix haven't exactly hit the heights yet under Simeone as Atletico seems to emphasise heavy defensive football or more like football focused on trying to not concede while hitting you with the odd goal(s).

Atletico would be a step up in terms of quality no doubt but their style of play may only see the best of Chuks when on the counter with him as their major attacking outlet.

Where you expecting much from joao felix ?

He is still young thou

If no be the price tag you no go to epect much , he is still only 20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Good points...

Like I said before, Chukwueze is more like crude oil . He still needs to be refined..
A club/manager that can bring out the potentials in him should be his priority.. even if it's a mid table club, I don't mind. He still has enough time to play at the highest level .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
With that kind of price tag, one would expect a little more than what we've seen so far.
It's true he's still young and really talented anyway. I rate the lad but he just hasn't hit the heights his price tag attracts.

andrewbaba44:

Where you expecting much from joao felix ?

He is still young thou

If no be the price tag you no go to epect much , he is still only 20

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
With that kind of price tag, one would expect a little more than what we've seen so far.
It's true he's still young and really talented anyway. I rate the lad but he just hasn't hit the heights his price tag attracts.

Agreed

Thats why i said if no be the price tag jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
The truth is I see massive improvements in Chukwueze this term. Calleja obviously hasn't been sleeping on the boy's talents. The only thing now is his team mates, they need to be more clinical and more able to play on the same wavelength as Chukwueze. Chukwueze is easily the most intelligent player on that Villarreal team only behind Santi Cazorla.
He sees openings and chances only in ways Santi Cazorla can and this explains why some of his team mates dey dull sometimes when he lays things on a plate for them. Another reason is profligacy on their part.

But I assure you, when they grow into utilising and converting the chances and playmaking passes Chukwueze affords them, the goals+assists stats will begin to finally align with the lad's beastly talents.

Villarreal is looking good for a UCL spot. I think Chuks is at the right club for now for his continued development. I think he can afford another season with Villarreal especially with UCL football looking a fine possibility.

He is surely destined for a much bigger/elite side at the highest level of the game.

Danielnino00:

Good points...

Like I said before, Chukwueze is more like crude oil . He still needs to be refined..
A club/manager that can bring out the potentials in him should be his priority.. even if it's a mid table club, I don't mind. He still has enough time to play at the highest level .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

Given his performance at Mainz this season, I doubt if another bid will come in... Most likely,he will be loaned out again..

I think mainz will buy him. His performance after the coronavirus break was encouraging and he was playing regularly untill he was injured. Yhe coach likes him

The guy also performed well in muscron of belgium so he is gradually taking to european football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Philosopher1979:

I think mainz will buy him. His performance after the coronavirus break was encouraging and he was playing regularly untill he was injured. Yhe coach likes him

The guy also performed well in muscron of belgium so he is gradually taking to european football

Mainz will buy him after scoring 1 goal?
If you be mainz fan na so you go encourage your team to buy am ?

He wasnt even regular for them self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Did you see "I think" from that post you quoted, or you don't understand the function?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

France football report was credible that was why Liverpool echo and mirror could report it too
The bid was made of the deadline of January transfer window
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
Be like Nwakali go start today oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:

Such a player deserves our praise....and hype

Since Onyekuru has falling off, he is our best winger, really deserves a call-up. To be a Key Player in a club like Trabzonspor is no easy feat. Imagine the number of dribbles he completes at 31, second best rated player in the whole of Turkey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

Did you see "I think" from that post you quoted, or you don't understand the function?

I think mainz will buy him meant you are sure

Functioneer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mainz-in-talks-with-liverpool-to-keep-awoniyi/16vd0bwyqpuiz1uxl8bsf7ub2k

Read the link above. He was not given playing time that was all.

I have researched him. Remember when iheanacho was on the brnch in leicester.

Another thing is that by nature he is a drogba like central striker but in one of his lian spells hr was played in a strange formation. He succeeded at muscron because he was played as a lone striker. However the coach at mainz played him asva wing firward and he seems to be clicking. Some teams still rate him highly. Football is not black and white. I will give yoy the link to the liverpool site that talks about him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
sheyishemba:

France football report was credible that was why Liverpool echo and mirror could report it too
The bid was made of the deadline of January transfer window

I never said France football isn't credible..

I said the report was not released until February about a week after the transfer window had closed..

I know for a fact that Liverpool were monitoring Chukwueze last year, but the interest wasn't that strong..
There are other sources other than France football that report genuine transfer news concerning Liverpool..
More so, we signed Minamino in January...there was no sense in trying to sign Chukwueze in addition...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
sheyishemba:

Pls link to the Liverpool official web page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I think mainz will buy him meant you are sure

Functioneer

It means you are sure? grin grin

Andy-Andy trigbosaaaa for you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Philosopher1979:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mainz-in-talks-with-liverpool-to-keep-awoniyi/16vd0bwyqpuiz1uxl8bsf7ub2k

Read the link above. He was not given playing time that was all.

I have researched him. Remember when iheanacho was on the brnch in leicester.

Another thing is that by nature he is a drogba like central striker but in one of his lian spells hr was played in a strange formation. He succeeded at muscron because he was played as a lone striker. However the coach at mainz played him asva wing firward and he seems to be clicking. Some teams still rate him highly. Football is not black and white. I will give yoy the link to the liverpool site that talks about him

Yes i know he wasnt given game time and thats one of the reason i dont think they will buy him because as he wasnt given game time then i think they dont have him in their plans

Nacho being on leicester bench doesnt connect to this as he was their player still under contract for some years, not as if he was on loan like awoniyi

Forget this drogba talk and give me the direct message

And yes i agree some teams still rate him highly, dude is young and he did so well in belgium, but i dont just think mainz will retain him

(1) (2) (3) ... (8848) (8849) (8850) (8851) (8852) (8853) (8854) ... (16239) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, AndSunGorilla, komekn(m), Tinneh, jihday(m), ThanosKilla(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.