Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11743393 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8851) (8852) (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) ... (16178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
benji93:
This is kinda like a peep into the future. the football gods like to do this once in a while. grin Another 30 years of drought loading. I hope you are not a Liverpool fan sha. If you are, consider this a wrong mention. grin

I am more than a Liverpool fc fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
komekn:

Technically yes but not on fitness.

Tactical play requires high fitness. That is why Siasia's screening always starts with intense fitness routines.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Must you add in the EPL? It takes lots of physical fitness to meet up with the modern game. Ajax will run riot with lots of EPL clubs.

Nice point but leave out the EPL.

Komekn this right here is how a true analyst talks, unlike you(komekn) who is just a fanatic, a garrulous one at that, u ain't an analyst.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Tactical play requires high fitness. That is why Siasia's screening always starts with intense fitness routines.

I know Siasa more than you can imagine and l will not use him as a benchmark for fitness standards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
komekn:

If l said that about Victor Osimhen was not good enough for Chelsea.

What do you think will be the reaction here.

Thats the hypocritical double standard that we are talking about.
Victor isn't ready for the big time. For now, he needs to play for a team with little or no pressure and same goes to Abraham, just a couple of bad games and Chelsea fans are already calling for his head

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Unusual because it's not normal.I thought that was what the word meant. Perhaps it means something different. grin. Kids do have growth spurts. the point is on average only a small fraction of a sample of kids undergo such transformation. My estimation of his age from the first picture was wrong, and it was based on a general eye test, which is usually approximately correct grin. I can't believe i am using this phrase again. I have misjudged a couple of other players the same way, Lukaku inclusive. grin. Perhaps for such players, you can only be sure they were not lying in retrospect, especially when they reach a height of above 6.2 feet.
Danielnino00:

What's unusual about it?

Haven't you seen young people grow so fast within a few fears before ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:

But bro, its still too early to judge

Remember Osimhen at Wolfsburg...I never thought he'll get to be hounded by Napoli
I agree sha, when Chelsea surround him with better players maybe it will improve his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
jihday:
I agree sha, when Chelsea surround him with better players maybe it will improve his game

Better players like?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

Better players like?
they already have Ziyech and Werner maybe that'll buy a dominant midfielder too and not this mason mount and Barkley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
A look at Ugochukwu's Instagram account.

Dude knows where he's from

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
jihday:
they already have Ziyech and Werner maybe that'll buy a dominant midfielder too and not this mason mount and Barkley

Suggest one you think they can acquire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Reasonable submission, but I don't quite agree with your cheek argument if you are referring to the structure of his cheekbone, cos that's not always a direct consequence of fitness. By this I mean some are quite fit and don't have the protruding cheekbone. If you mean something else by that, then my assessment may not quite apply.
TheGoodJoe:
If A player is not highly technically gifted, he can be pardoned. If he is not highly tactically gifted, he can be pardoned. However, lack of intense workout to maintain optimum fitness is inexcusable.

Foden's level of fitness can be seen in his jawline and cheeks. The young man is working hard to make the cut.

I hope our players take their fitness seriously.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

Suggest one you think they can acquire
Kai Havertz?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
benji93:
Reasonable submission, but I don't quite agree with your cheek argument if you are referring to the structure of his cheekbone, cos that's not always a direct consequence of fitness. By this I mean some are quite fit and don't have the protruding cheekbone. If you mean something else by that, then my assessment may not quite apply.

Not just the structure but the hollow on the face. Yes there are lots of guys with high fitness and chubby cheeks. However, I do not believe those guys are at their optimum fitness.

I see how a tight jawline and hollow cheeks as a high sign of this.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielnino00:
Blueelf, I'm so sorry bro..

I hope you didn't postpone your birthday celebration like I suggested? grin

I didn't my brother

I kinda expected this. Our players didn't train and were caught up I'm the celebrations. Also, Man City had a point to prove and the guard of honor pissed them off. So, nothing new jare.

Doesn't change the fact that we are champions.

Still unhappy with the margin though grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
komekn:

I know Siasa more than you can imagine and l will not use him as a benchmark for fitness standards.

What are you saying?

I said Siasia starts his screening sessions with intense physical fitness routines to screen out those who can't meet his tactical demands.

You are saying you know Siasia more than me. Tell me what you know that is contrary to what I said.

Physical fitness is a big part of the modern game and it was in high rotation in multiple levels of other countries before the current craze in England. So this should not be about the EPL.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
Look at the goals differential. When I did that post the match was ongoing and scoreless, so their points was 59 considering the match ended that way

ChrisKels:

I thought they were on 59points before the match? They won again today, hence, their point ought to be 62 nah.

That said, they are provisionally second, not third
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
I want to ask about the Barcelona Academy in Lagos.
In what way is it helping our football?

will exceptional players be taken to Spain to join the main team?

Can we get players from there(U-17,U-20)?
Can the NPFL recruit a player there?

And most importantly how do they get players? Do player apply and pay or they have Scout across the country?

I need ua to benefit from it.

Members of the house please answer

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lol....

TheGoodJoe be like:

You want Guard of Honour?? Here take it! Suck on that! Guard of Honour served "hot" just "4" u. grin

TheGoodJoe:
Now that is what I call a guard of honour. Manchester City guarding their honour.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
You didn't get it. Foden is not a good example. The guy looks naturally slender. If you are naturally that slender, you don't need an intense fitness routine to keep a hollow cheek and tight Jawline. C Ronaldo doesn't quite have a hollow cheek but there are very few players observing fitness routines more intense than him if there are any. And besides, the attached picture is not quite useful as well. I suppose those guys are models, we do not know if intense fitness routines are the reason their faces have such a structure. Your diet can create such a structure too. Some genetically have both. For some, it can be a combination of these.
TheGoodJoe:

Not just the structure but the hollow on the face. Yes there are lots of guys with high fitness and chubby cheeks. However, I do not believe those guys are at their optimum fitness.

I see how a tight jawline and hollow cheeks as a high sign of this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Your Goal table is correct. They are now on 61 points, same as Zaragoza. Huesca had 58 before game kicked off.

And the bolded statement is right too. They are indeed provisionally second as things stand now becos Huesca did the double over Zaragoza home and away which sees them ahead on head to head.

ChrisKels:

I thought they were on 59points before the match? They won again today, hence, their point ought to be 62 nah.

That said, they are provisionally second, not third

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Jul 03, 2020
benji93:
You didn't get it. Foden is not a good example. The guy looks naturally slender. If you are naturally that slender, you don't need an intense fitness routine to keep a hollow cheek and tight Jawline. C Ronaldo doesn't quite have a hollow cheek but there are very few players observing fitness routines more intense than him if there are any. And besides, the attached picture is not quite useful as well. I suppose those guys are models, we do not know if intense fitness routines are the reason their faces have such a structure. Your diet can create such a structure too. Some genetically have both. For some, it can be a combination of these.

If Foden does not take care of himself and eats without control, he would not look that trim.

To you, he looks naturally slender. However, you are missing the work to maintain and improve on it. If you look at his thighs, you see the muscle definition. It takes continuous work to stay at that level.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:13am On Jul 03, 2020
benji93:

To you, you see naturally slim. I see young men working hard to stay trim and conditioned. Something a lot of our young players lose with time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Now you bring up a picture of a player's chest region, which quite a deviation from the original argument. Sane's cheek is not even quite hollow. Go back and look at the picture of Foden again, can you see how hollow that looks? In fact, the kind of weight lifting Foden was doing there has no bearing on how his Cheek and Jawline looks. You can definitely make the argument that Foden has a very high level of fitness cos of so, so and so routines he does, but to ascribe a high level of fitness to Jawline and hollow cheekbone is not quite convincing I am afraid
TheGoodJoe:

To you, you see naturally slim. I see young men working hard to stay trim and conditioned. Something a lot of our young players lose with time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2020
benji93:
Now you bring up a picture of a player's chest region, which quite a deviation from the original argument. Sane's cheek is not even quite hollow. Go back and look at the picture of Foden again, can you see how hollow that looks? I am sorry man, I would rather not continue this.

Shane's cheeks are not as hollow as Foden but with time he has gotten more chiselled. You can tell from his face currently.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2020
benji93:
Now you bring up a picture of a player's chest region, which quite a deviation from the original argument. Sane's cheek is not even quite hollow. Go back and look at the picture of Foden again, can you see how hollow that looks? I am sorry man, I would rather not continue this.

As they get fitter, they get more chiselled and it shows on their faces.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:43am On Jul 03, 2020
Why are you changing your goal post man. grin. Oh now he doesn't quite have a hollow cheek, but it's gotten more chiseled. His face muscles are not even relaxed. Besides his face has always been like that, even in his Schalke days.
TheGoodJoe:

Shane's cheeks are not as hollow as Foden but with time he has gotten more chiselled. You can tell from his face currently.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2020
Victor Moses literally "flying" up and down the right wing in Inter Colors.

#InFullFlightAtInter.

This pic bringing back some memories of Victor's best wing displays in the GWG. Vic still go it. wink

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 03, 2020
jihday:
Victor isn't ready for the big time. For now, he needs to play for a team with little or no pressure and same goes to Abraham, just a couple of bad games and Chelsea fans are already calling for his head

Victor is not ready for the big time? Abeg no make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:14am On Jul 03, 2020
Bundesliga side, SC Freiburg have promoted three Naija talents in their ranks from the U-19 team to their Second team ahead of the 2020-2021 season.

Noah Atubolu (18) - Goalkeeper.
Kimberly Ezekwem (18) - Defender.
Kevin Schade (18) - Forward.

@scfreiburg U19 ➡ @scfreiburg II (Season 2020-21)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Anglo-Nigerian goalkeeping talent, Joseph Osaghae, 19 (2001 born), is among the U-23s Players who have signed contract extensions with Charlton Athletic (2020/2021).
Rumored to have been part of a few Nigerian U-17 training camps at one time under Manu Garba.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:49am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Now that is what I call a guard of honour. Manchester City guarding their honour.
The partying must have gotten to them and getting laid. Even the commentator said so.

De Bruyne deserves Balon before he retires.

See Mane asif na 6 Eba wraps hin chop.

Allison doing like he needs GK training.

He was way off his line for all the conceeded goals. Owen reiterated that too.

No 2 and 3 anywhere when City countered. Lol.

Klopp knows Pep weaknesses

Pep Knows Klopp weaknesses

Won mora won!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8851) (8852) (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) ... (16178) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), Isahalbash(m), Charly17(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.