Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11794508 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8925) (8926) (8927) (8928) (8929) (8930) (8931) ... (16203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
English media already comparing Mason Greenwood yo Robin Van Persie....

Wonders shall never cease grin cheesy grin

Na wa ooii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:

Messi won't smell top five and your KDB will be 7th at most... grin

Nothing for Barca this season grin

Deh jonce urself........Messi would still win it . His G+A assist is the highest in the whole of Europe..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:

Na champions league coach them go give

I know klopp won't win again. We bleeped up by allowing Athletics to defeat us home and away... For a returning champion, it was very awful to say the least...I'll be very honest

Lol

I didn’t expect an off form atm to beat Liverpool despite I wanted them to win but I was sincere with my prediction

Una Fukup tru tru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Then who dem go come give ?

Liverpool players abi cheesy

I tell many of una last time say na Messi get Ballon d or una no gree una Dey hope for vvd maybe na wetin make you de oppose kdb

If mancity wins the champions league then you can’t stop KDB

The prayer you need is not hard ,in as much as I love city I still think they won’t win the champions league so it will go to lewandowski

If you think muller have a chance because of his highest assist then you are a dreamer

VVD cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
do4luv14:
Oya oo, where are the expert sport technocrat, tacticians, and critics in the house,

MOU- there are only three top leagues in Europe not 5,

1- spainish la liga, 2- English primier league, 3- purtugese league,

then there is PSG league France, Juvetus League Italy, and Bayarn League Germany,

oya ooo

You suppose know say mou dey craze right from time cheesy

On a serious note we get his point sha but why did he include la liga?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

And you think muller is a better option ?

Don’t be surprised if mane will come ahead of muller

Muller is no where near favorite

If I am to go buy the rankings it’s like this

1 . Lewandowski
2. KDB
3. Messi

As much as I like Lewa, I want Messi or KDB to win it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Mikel Agu putting in another good shift
78 minutes gone.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
He had been there, and see it all, same with purtugal and England

Edopesin:

You suppose know say mou dey craze right from time cheesy
On a serious note we get his point sha but why did he include la liga?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
do4luv14:

He had been there, and see it all, same with purtugal and England

I assume he was talking about the competitiveness of the leagues he mentioned since he left Germany, Italy and France that are dominated by one team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ya, maybe thats it

Edopesin:

I assume he was talking the competitiveness of the leagues he mentioned since he left Germany, Italy and France that are dominated by one team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Manchester City will learn on Monday whether their appeal against a two-year ban from European club competitions has been successful.

BBC Sports

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Subzero047:

Haha yes

Incorrect penalty decisions were made by the video assistant referee in all three of Thursday's games, a former referee working for the Premier League match centre told BBC Match of the Day.

Bruno Penandes won a spot-kick which he scored in Manchester United's 3-0 win over Aston Villa.

James Ward-Prowse hit the bar after a disputed penalty as Southampton drew 1-1 with Everton.

And Tottenham should have had a penalty for a Joshua King shove on Harry Kane in a 0-0 draw with Bournemouth.

BBC Sports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
So I learnt a new word today....

"KOMEKNISH"

Thanks to DaveP, Andrewbaba44 and Blueelf... I think na Dave first coin the word. Una no go Kee me for this thread. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Is Obagoal the last SE player to play consistent football in all the leagues he played in?

Epl
Serie A
Laliga
Back to EPL.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
grin

Ahhhh. Its constant and deserves to be in our sport dictionary.

TheSuperNerd:

"KOMEKNISH"

Thanks to Dave P, Andrewbaba 44 and Blue elf... I think na Dave first coin the word. Una no go Kee me for this thread. grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:
English media already comparing Mason Greenwood yo Robin Van Persie....

Wonders shall never cease grin cheesy grin

Na wa ooii
As usual na

The Blue Mason own worse sef. You'll think he was a Finidi George or Sanchez.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

"KOMEKNISH"

Thanks to DaveP, Andrewbaba44 and Blueelf... I think na Dave first coin the word. Una no go Kee me for this thread. grin grin

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
daveP:
Is Obagoal the last SE player to play consistent football in all the leagues he played in?

Epl
Serie A
Laliga
Back to EPL.....

Iheanacho Chuks ndidi osimhen and maybe some few others can achieve this in the next 8 years

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Iheanacho Chuks ndidi osimhen and maybe some few others can achieve this in the next 8 years
Ndidi currently leads then?

2leagues and still bossing.

Obagoal is the last best so far for transleague football from SE then since we begin watch club football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Deulofeu and dennis are not my players, they are bang average players who arent good enough for barca

Learn the meaning of flop, deulofeu is far from a flop, i dont know why you have to lie to make a point , if you wan call player for laliga wey flop for EPL i go tell you the name if you ask not deulofeu thats like a eden Hazard to watford grin

Davor Suker

Suker gets away lightly for the fact he was already in his thirties when Arsenal snapped him up and to be fair, 11 goals in 39 games isn't a terrible record compared with other players to come.

However, Arsenal fans expected much, much more from a player who had just won the Golden Boot at the World Cup and spent three successful seasons with Real Madrid. Disappointing, for sure.

Fernando Morientes

Was Morientes ever a better player than Weah or Suker? Of course not, but the Spaniard has fewer excuses having arrived on Merseyside at what would usually be the peak of his powers.

A pitiful 12 goals across 60 appearances in the famous red jersey isn't a record you'd expect from someone who scored in a Champions League final for Real Madrid and won 47 caps for Spain.

Gerard Pique

It seems a little harsh slamming Pique for his displays in the Premier League when he was only a youngster and gifted a mere 23 appearances, but look at the player he's gone on to become.

For the fact he hit the ground running at Barcelona with 45 games in a treble-winning season suggests the rigours of English football were at least part responsible for his United woes.

Angel Di Maria

A player who made a name for himself at Benfica, Angel Di Maria was the definition of a flop during his time at Man United. 

The Argentine starred for Real Madrid in over 100 games and earned himself a £59.7m switch to the Premier League, with many fans thinking he would be a significant player in Louis Van Gaal's team. 

The 29-year-old lasted just one season at Old Trafford, scoring only three goals during his time in England. He made the switch to PSG where he has won multiple trophies for the French giants. 

issit enough ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nothing spectacular about that Zaidu guy from watching the 1st half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
daveP:
Ndidi currently leads then?

2leagues and still bossing.

Obagoal is the last best so far for transleague football from SE then since we begin watch club football.
Same with osimhen

Both the Belgium and France league

And soon to make it three leagues if the Napoli move works out

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Aubameyang is world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Napoli so desperate to sign Osimhen, they are willing to increase the agreed annual salary of £2.5M according to Italian journalist, Ciro Venerato.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
sheyishemba:

I use to laff Gan grin grin
Aribo is not a AMF but CMF no 8 same with etebo and ejaria and similar style of Barkley
Aribo is not an holding midfielder he can't hold the ball
Moreover he is not a playmaker the only thing get wey our CMF no get is his ability to go forward it gonna be very insane to play a no. 8 as a AMF it not done that way . that's why rohr will play Azeez as a AMF than Aribo has a CMF (Lesotho match comes in mind)
We all know that iwobi is inconsistent but let's just pray we find a better player than him very soon .
Well a playmaker doesn't have to be number 10. And everyone is entitled to his opinion though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
rabzy:

Oga no dey try twist yourself anyhow...at this time when when KC is scoring with cameo appearances, you projected into the future that he would not score given more time...you are not even using the present facts to try and predict the a probable future...but you are going against present facts to write a gloomy future that suits your narrative and you dare to talk about time specific...pls don't tell us anything about time specific ....that's stomach churning hypocrisy

That's not what l said that's what you perceived and what you want to believe, because it's suits your prejudiced notion and favoritism towards KC.

To remind you, the substance of my proposition is very simple. I repeat, " there is no mathematical probability equation that says if you play more you will score more.

But what you want to do is create a theory for KC alone. Which is if KC plays more he will score more because he is KC.

That's not just favoritism but being delusional.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Joebie:
Nothing spectacular about that Zaidu guy from watching the 1st half.

I said so long before now

He isn't better than our options currently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Napoli so desperate to sign Osimhen, they are willing to increase the agreed annual salary of £2.5M according to Italian journalist, Ciro Venerato.
He should agree already

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
humility33:

Lol...bro that was how Rashford started na even walcot, weilbeck, lingard and Jordan Ibe, Dele Alli and more

I am not moved by all this....just give them few years and see how well he goes
Which Lingard start like that, Lingard wey never get reach 20 premier league goals since when he don dey play grin grin

Greenwood is on 9 goals alone like this him first season and he fit still add more

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:
Klopp for best manager grin

If that award category exists grin

Whose with me smiley

Also, I sight you realpoacher

Lol... I dey read all una banters jare... No time type these days grin .. I don join silent readers crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Meanwhile I am watching Fulham Vs Cardiff

The quintessential kick and rush blood and guts team against a footballing side, that play good quality on the deck football.

And a striker that would probably walk into every EPL team Mitrovic.

And of course we have Tega Onomah playing in midfield. He has improved and if all goes well in the playoffs he could be in the EPL next season.

Apart from his existing technical ability which has never been in doubt. He has become more rugged nobody is going to rough him up when it comes to physicality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Tega playing #10, not bad.

komekn:
Meanwhile I am watching Fulham Vs Cardiff

The quintessential kick and rush blood and guts team against a footballing side, that play good quality on the deck football.

And a striker that would probably walk into every EPL team Mitrovic.

And of course we have Tega Onomah playing in midfield. He has improved and if all goes well in the playoffs he could be in the EPL next season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8925) (8926) (8927) (8928) (8929) (8930) (8931) ... (16203) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, oluwatobi01(m), mummyson26(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.