Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,563 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11968253 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8985) (8986) (8987) (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action for their various sides across Europe today - July 19

La Liga

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Eibar - Home game.

Ramon Azeez (Granada) vs Athletic Bilbao - Home game.

Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem (CD Leganes) vs Real Madrid - Home game
*Can Leganes escape relegation today? Will they produce a shocking win over the Champions and escape relegation hoping that Celta Vigo loses also? We will find out today*

EPL

Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) vs Tottenham - Away game.

F.A.Cup Semis

Odion Jude Ighalo (Manchester Utd) vs Chelsea

Serie A

Ola Aina (Torino) vs Fiorentina - Away game.

William Troost Ekong (Udinese) vs Napoli - Away game.

**Victor Moses (Inter Milan) vs AS Roma - Away game.
Victor Moses might return today or could be rested again today

Portuguese Primeira Liga NOS

Mikel Agu (Vitoria Guimaraes) Vs Maritimo - Home game.

Russian Premier League

Sylvester Igboun (Dinamo Moscow) vs Krasnodar - Away game.

Turkish Super Lig

Anthony Nwakaeme (Trabzonspor) vs Konyaspor - Home game.

Paul Omo Mukairu (Antalyaspor) Vs Ankaragucu - Away game.

Ogenyi Onazi (Denizlispor) vs Alanyaspor - Away game.

Azubuike Okechukwu's Istanbul Basaksehir vs Kayserispor - Home game
**Azubuike unlikely to take part as his recovery from injury continues.

English Championship

Sammy Ameobi (Nottingham Forest) vs Barnsley - Away game.

Norwegian Eliteserien

Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg) vs Sandefjord - Home game.

Jack Ipalibo (Stromsgodset) vs Leke James (FK Molde) - Home game for Jack.

Afeez Aremu (IK Start) vs Brann Bergen - Away game.

Danish Super Liga Europa league Playoffs 2nd leg

Tosin Kehinde (Randers FC) vs BK Odense - Away game.
**First leg ended 2-1 in Randers' favor.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Ishaq Abdulrazak (Norrkoping) vs Sirius - Away game.

Jordan Attah Kadiri (Ostersunds FK) vs Hacken - Home game.

Swiss Super League

Blessing Eleke (FC Luzern) vs Xamax - Home game.

Ukrainian Persha Liga-2nd tier

Chidera Anih Kelit (FC Metalist 1925) vs Volyn - Away game.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Stats are not conclusive they are indicative.

Manchester city at a stage became CLUELESS all thier outlets were blocked forward players did not know what to do or where to go.

Arsenal hit them HARD on the break they just played like Athletico Madrid. Created a wall that they City could not find a way through.

Arteta outfoxed the Fox, pupil schooling the Master.

You guys call it out foxing but it is sitting deep and hoping for a win. Even Worthington FC can sit deep and Manchester City will find it hard to score. It is not genius.

Most games this season we have played has sides sitting deep and making it difficult for us. The games we win with large margins are games we have a break to score early. That forces the opposition to try to play and we rip them apart.

Arteta got the win but heck, that was no tactical masterclass when you are sitting deep the whole of the game.

The first goal clearly came against the run of play.

Congrats to them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
daveP:
Lol.

And still Willock is clueless a contributor. Wembley loves Arsenal. 21 times!!
Bro...that willock matter require patience o. I think I'm the only one that observe something fantastical about him.
And yes, Wembley is our second home.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Is this arsenal biggest achievement ?

Dem Dey outclass pep most times nah everyday no be Xmas ,even Chelsea also won mancity

Make una cool down with una noise ,you will surely continue your tears next season ,one guy is already saying arsenal is a team in progress cheesy
you sha like going off point every time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1callAway: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

He took your advice indeed... grin

As if you called him on the phone and told him what to do and not to do...

You unapologetically said he won't make the starting XI of a championship team, now he is about to become Napoli's record signing grin

He does that everytime

Like he called him or sent him a mail or something

Funny people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Arsenal gave the ball away repeatedly with no direction of play. Manchester found it difficult breaking arsenal down because they decided to sit vdry deep almost all game.

When i was talking about the Goalkeeper, it was about his distribution whicb was atrocious. Worst i have seen this season in all leagues and competition.

This was Arsenal's first goal. 10 of the 11 players on the pitch touched the ball and it involved 18 passes.

They couldn't do this against Liverpool and needed two errors to score against them. Liverpool had 8 shots on target.

Manchester city had 1 shot on target. They were poor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1callAway: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
ChrisKels:
1CallAway what's your original moniker? Use it to mail the MODs

Jayromwrites

Okay thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=Tinneh post=91865126][/quote] You got it bro

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Stats are not conclusive they are indicative.

Manchester city at a stage became CLUELESS all thier outlets were blocked forward players did not know what to do or where to go.

Arsenal hit them HARD on the break they just played like Athletico Madrid. Created a wall that they City could not find a way through.

Arteta outfoxed the Fox, pupil schooling the Master.
First time I completely agreed with you.
I hope it remain like this...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Arsenal will win this FA CUP

Mark my words
Lol You, you no just like Chelsea grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You are an arsenal fan right ?

Una go still yab Arteta when una begin loose next season ooo

This winning wey una win be una like champions league

Arteta might not make it at Arsenal but he will make it as a manager. And I do not like Arsenal.

TheGoodJoe:

Cool down, he parked bus.

Like Mourinho, he used what he had to get what he needed. He doesn't have players to control games like Pep but he has players who are willing to work hard.

And that was what they did.

Work hard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Arteta might not make it at Arsenal but he will make it as a manager. And I do not like Arsenal.

Like Mourinho, he used what he had to get what he needed. He doesn't have players to control games like Pep but he has players who are willing to work hard.

Work hard.

I like Arteta and I agree he will make a good manager anywhere he goes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
mostob:
you sha like going off point every time.

Story
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Agreed without reservation.

When you take out the money all the dynamics have changed.

Why is KC languishing doing nothing for the past three seasons the money. Look at his transfer fee and wages.

Who is going to buy him in the EPL knowing that the return as a striker will be very poor. He can't go anywhere because nobody will pay him the same money.

Paul Pogba came with great expectations big money more expectations. You must PERFORM week in week out no excuse.

Isaac Success is own case is another level indiscipline and bad behaviour. He will be on at least £30k a week.

Which team even in La Liga will pay him that money to do nothing. He will stay in Watford intl the last day of his contract.

Ozil situation at Arsenal they don't want him but who is going to £350k a week for inconsistency and very limited impact. They are stuck with him until contract expires.
Here we go again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
If K. Nwakali goes to pre-season with Huesca, he may become a starter.. he came late to the party. But he is going to gel . That pre-season is important. He had been out of team training for long

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Emmanuel Dennis is close to a move to a foreign club. There have been interests from Premier League clubs and the club has told him he wouldn't feature in their preseason exhibitions.

The club wants the player to be gone before the new season which starts in a few weeks.

Another Super Eagle in Europe's top 5?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Osimhen’s Agent, D'Avila:

“I cannot make any statements, we will have to hear from them later. And I can't comment on the news coming from Nigeria or Italy. Try to understand. We will hear from you later. At the moment, no comment.”

What’s happening later?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Your clutching at straws very desperately to prove false assumptions and a false narrative you have created by yourself.

My constructive criticism is very clear and my past posts and he took my advice and the results are his current ascendency.

Maybe it's PAINFUL TO YOU HOW RIGHT I WAS.

You will just have to live with it.

He took your advice?
Wetin Callistus no go see for choir practice.

That was never an advice, you wrote him off.
You never believed in him. While he was struggling with injuries you said he'll never make academies of EPL teams or even championship.

Even recently he was linked with the EPL you said he should go to teams like Newcastle. We remember!

Now you want a front role ticket at the glory party claiming you adviced him. Better carry your advice and give it to onyedima and the rest of your innit boys. They are the ones in need of advice.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wetin consign me and as dem poor? talk footballing reason and not wealth

Huesca will beat many teams in the championship

How did okazaki ended up there if they cant pay salary

Hope you know okazaki didnt lack epl offers and championship before joifning huesca ?

Leave financial power and talk about football okay

"Wetin concern me" Money brings in better players that's a fact that cannot be dismissed. Huesca will struggle to attract the better players in league two they simply cannot afford them. That's a fact.

I want you to look at the quality of managers you have in the Championship and a good % are foreign for instance Marco Bielsa manager of Leeds.

Why do they come, to make a name and the fact that these clubs have money to spend in the Championship.

Below screenshot about Okazaki who was released by Leicester once his contract expired.

But back to your proposition, that Huesca will beat MANY clubs in the Championship. Please name them.

I actually don't know one club they will beat, l mean in football anything can happen but if we look at individual players on paper. Again on paper by pedigree and quality it's very difficult to see which team they will beat.

Okazaki went to Spain and Malagasy but they could not afford him and then ended his contract after a few weeks. Off the record he was not good enough.

So which EPL club made an offer for a 33 year old player that was a poor striker. Then which Championship club because l don't know any.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

He took your advice indeed... grin

As if you called him on the phone and told him what to do and not to do...

You unapologetically said he won't make the starting XI of a championship team
, now he is about to become Napoli's record signing grin

Absolutely yes AT THAT TIME.

And then told him what to do about it he did and see where he is TODAY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

You told him to join Charleroi, or you told Rohr never to look his way again that he was a failure living on his past youth glory? grin grin

You this Komekn boy is really a comic relief grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Koboko99:

He took your advice?
Wetin Callistus no go see for choir practice.

That was never an advice, you wrote him off.
You never believed in him. While he was struggling with injuries you said he'll never make academies of EPL teams or even championship.

Even recently he was linked with the EPL you said he should go to teams like Newcastle. We remember!

Now you want a front role ticket at the glory party claiming you adviced him. Better carry your advice and give it to onyedima and the rest of your innit boys. They are the ones in need of advice.

Dude is a cheap glory hunter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Bruh, you are cracking my ribs grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
gamaliel9:
If K. Nwakali goes to pre-season with Huesca, he may become a starter.. he came late to the party. But he is going to gel . That pre-season is important. He had been out of team training for long

Oga, make una leave that man. Person wey dey play like say he is not bothered. For some reason he is jaded. No heart, no desire, no fight. Who e wan replace for our current Super Eagles squad sef?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
gamaliel9:

When Osaze Odemwingie came to the EPL to play for WBA he barely trained and was in the starting line up.

The rest is history.

Rhian Brewster left Liverpool fc to Swansea on loan by the end of the week he was playing his first game. Now 18 games and 9 goals later he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Oviemuno went to both Rangers and Reading he was literally a starter from day one.

Professional players prepare and train with or without a team in readiness to perform.

Those are unjustifiable excuses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The first goal was a fantastic worked goal but most of the plays by arsenal were cheaply giving away.

You guys call it out foxing, I call it sitting deep and hoping to win. Props to them but, that was not a tactical masterclass when you rely on sitting deep most of the game.

Sitting deep means choking the space and closing gaps and preventing those runs behind defenders that mancity use to destroy teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

"Wetin concern me" Money brings in better players that's a fact that cannot be dismissed. Huesca will struggle to attract the better players in league two they simply cannot afford them. That's a fact.

I want you to look at the quality of managers you have in the Championship and a good % are foreign for instance Marco Bielsa manager of Leeds.

Why do they come, to make a name and the fact that these clubs have money to spend in the Championship.

Below screenshot about Okazaki who was released by Leicester once his contract expired.

But back to your proposition, that Huesca will beat MANY clubs in the Championship. Please name them.

I actually don't know one club they will beat, l mean in football anything can happen but if we look at individual players on paper. Again on paper by pedigree and quality it's very difficult to see which team they will beat.

Okazaki went to Spain and Malagasy but they could not afford him and then ended his contract after a few weeks. Off the record he was not good enough.

So which EPL club made an offer for a 33 year old player that was a poor striker. Then which Championship club because l don't know any.

Brighton and some few others made an offer for Okazaki ,this is an epl winner we are talking about here

Huesca will beat many teams in the championship oga

You self name the championship teams that will beat huesca nah ,you think say na financial power we Dey yarn

As Malaga could not afford him why did he end up at huesca ? I am sure they are paying him 200 euros weekly because that’s what you will be thinking

Okazaki is not a striker ,he was playing as a second striker with Vardy ,Okazaki is an AM and not a number 9

Dey try Dey watch ball ,na to talk nonsense you sabi

Linus mbappe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Bro, let this issue lie quietly and eat your humble pie. Don't let us go to the grave yard of comments you made on Osimhen and start exhuming embarrassing skeletons.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
Neobulletzz:

No mind Andrew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Work hard.

I am not critiquing Arteta. I have even congratulated him. He did what he had to do to win and props to him. I was correcting some that tried to make it look like he weaved some tactical magic and outclassed Guardiola. He did not. He sat deep and worked with a strategy to win a difficult game.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8985) (8986) (8987) (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, superbloke(m), Oasis007(m), Amedino99(m), TheGoodJoe(m), elyte89, joxxy01(m), Posh(m), lbrichman2, daveP(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.