Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,508 members, 7,850,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11867201 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9029) (9030) (9031) (9032) (9033) (9034) (9035) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Whoever wrote this article is right. Iwobi is better off as an attacking midfielder or deep lying forward. Its funny to see Nigeria knows this while his coaches in England do not see it

In the SE he has had no competition for a very long time. And it suits the style if play in the SE.

At Everton it is a different strategy and style and as a result. He finds himself on the wing. This is the hardest that Iwobi has ever had to work in his football career. His work rate reflects his new team, if you don't work you will be benched.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tottenham is next stop for Victor after Napales.
Victor, the special one awaits

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
you mean in Everton or in the NT?

komekn:

This is an area of concern, one of the things that we always ask about a player. Is what is his unique selling point.

An attribute that gives you competitive advantage over your opponents. That makes you stand out.

When I look at Iwobi, l truly struggle to see what his unique attribute is. Something that makes him invaluable to the team.

It does not mean he is a bad player or not good. But what puts you ahead of everyone else.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Good morning my people

Happy bday 2 me

I am Grateful.
Happy birthday to the number 2 bouncer of this thread. Many happy returns bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Joebie:

How about his vision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Danielnino00:
I

Exactly!

But which role do you think suit him best?

Personally I think he is better as an attacking midfielder..
But he needs to work on his shooting...

An AM that cannot shoot is like a Lion with no teeth.

His goal tally over the years has proven it is not just a weakness but a handicap. As a consequence he doesn't play AM regularly in his clubs only in the SE.

If he doesn't improve the fans will look at his transfer fee as waste and he will start to get the wrong side of the fans.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Provoker:
Actually, iheanacho's dribble isn't poor but he's not the dribble or drive-in player. If you watch ziyech too, you'd know his the type of guy that doesn't dribble unless necessary.
Iheanacho doesn't have that flair but when necessary he dribbles. For you to rate his dribbling skills poor means that he attempts dribbling and Is unsuccessful but thats not the case. Iheanacho is more of a ziyech type than mahrez's and as a striker or a supporting one the main attribute is passing and scoring. Another example is debryune, he doesn't have this flair but his delivers mad passes compared to Pogba and kovacic that can dribble but kdb dribbles when necessary. That the type of player nacho is.

Man, that's not true. No player in the history of the Eredivise has completed more dribbles than Ziyech. Ever.

Comparing that player to one that can't dribble a stray cat is an abhorrence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:
They should go and sit down, by the way, no serious player takes his trade to Scotland. Scotland is basically for failed players from the lower divisions of England and France

You mean like Van Dijk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Joebie:

Actually more in his club but less in the SE.

He is a very good player, but he needs to do a lot more. I dont know what number of assists he had this season, goals just 1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

In the SE he has had no competition for a very long time. And it suits the style if play in the SE.

At Everton it is a different strategy and style and as a result. He finds himself on the wing. This is the hardest that Iwobi has ever had to work in his football career. His work rate reflects his new team, if you don't work you will be benched.

Well in my opinion iwobi is basically a flair player who is creative. Work rate and stamina are not his strength. Maybe he can play midfield with sigurdsson

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Danielnino00:
It is official!!

Unai Emery is Villarreal new coach...
This is good news, Judging by his immature spell at arsenal, Samu should be able to register more goals and assists. BTW, I won't be surprised if Villarreal wins the next Europa league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Man, that's not true. No player in the history of the Eredivise has completed more dribbles than Ziyech. Ever.

Comparing that player to one that can't dribble a stray cat is an abhorrence.
but kdb doesn't dribble much too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

This is an area of concern, one of the things that we always ask about a player. Is what is his unique selling point.

An attribute that gives you competitive advantage over your opponents. That makes you stand out.

When I look at Iwobi, l truly struggle to see what his unique attribute is. Something that makes him invaluable to the team.

It does not mean he is a bad player or not good. But what puts you ahead of everyone else.

You said it yourself. His attribute is you don't know what he might do. Meaning he is an unpredictable player. That's his strength.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
IDENNAA:

He doesn't have the quality of an attacking midfielder. He lacks the most important feature of that role, creativity-decisive. Those little short passes can't do the magic.
I beg to disagree bro. He was arsenal's highest creator of goalscoring chances before he was sold. I think he might have regressed at Everton.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

It doesn't follow.

It's a clean slate to sit up, work hard and impress the manager if you don't perform he will bench you.

This is guy that benched a player on £350k a week in Arsenal without hesitation and ceremony.
He didn't bench Ozil because he was not impressive. Ozil got benched due to his attitude.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

You mean like Van Dijk?

He is a late bloomer and he was a nobody when he left for Scotland, he was able to get to England bkus he stood out in the midst of carpenters like Ambrose. He would have joined a more serious league from Holland if he was good at Groningen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:
According to ogn zaidu sanusi has agreed to join porto. If this is true then that is serious. Porto is a big team in portugal and is respected in European football. If he enters there first team (something kelechi nwakali could not do) then i will respect him and rohr will call him up IMMEDIATELY AND HE MIGHT BENCH COLLINS. That is if he enters porto first team
I don't want him in Porto. Especially after what they did to Awaziem and Yahaya. I admit Yahaya might not be impressive but what about Awaziem?
I don't really fancy that club. Best of luck to him sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Tottenham is next stop for Victor after Napales.
Victor, the special one awaits
Tottenham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
mostob:
Tottenham

His price is above Tottenham range now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
mostob:
I beg to disagree bro. He was arsenal's highest creator of goalscoring chances before he was sold. I think he might have regressed at Everton.

No doubt ,brother , Iwobi has some midfielder qualities and comes across like he can play there , however, the product is reduced in quality. Iwobi is not a creative midfielder !! Just a flash in the pan, hence the inconsistency.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
mostob:
Happy birthday to the number 2 bouncer of this thread. Many happy returns bro.

lol

Bros which one be bouncer again

Thanks a lot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
Provoker:
but kdb doesn't dribble much too
Very true, De Bruyne is a very direct player.

Dribbling is not a necessary ability for a striker it's just a plus. Iheanacho completes more dribbles per90 than Kane, or Ings or Vardy. This doesn't make him better than them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

It's going to be very difficult.

For Fulham to win ? Yes it will be difficult

Benrama should not find it hard getting an epl team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

Thankful and Grateful is what you should be, particularly in the current pandemic climate.

Health is indeed awesome priceless wealth.

Happy blessed birth day.

If 2 say, dem no lock me out of Naija and within UK, I for come chop isiewu and pop Champagne with you.

Hahaha

Bless you bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

lol

Thanks a lot

HBD , brother. Good health and prosperity choke you die

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
mostob:
I don't want him in Porto. Especially after what they did to Awaziem and Yahaya. I admit Yahaya might not be impressive but what about Awaziem?
I don't really fancy that club. Best of luck to him sha

What did they do to awaziem ?

If it’s about him not making their team then did did nothing as they have better players there ahead of him

Musa yahaya was not good enough

Some people here said porto don’t like naija players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
IDENNAA:

No doubt ,brother , Iwobi has some midfielder qualities and comes across like he can play there , however, the product is reduced in quality. Iwobi is not a creative midfielder !! Just a flash in the pan, hence the inconsistency.
Bro..i insist..He may not be among the elites creative midfielders yet but saying he is not creative is wrong. This is someone I watch every weekend when he was still at arsenal. But ,judging on his playing pattern, he is more suited to CM though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:

He is a late bloomer and he was a nobody when he left for Scotland, he was able to get to England bkus he stood out in the midst of carpenters like Ambrose. He would have joined a more serious league from Holland if he was good at Groningen.

The fact that they have just 12 teams is a massive turnoff. But Celtic do produce good players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What did they do to awaziem ?

If it’s about him not making their team then did did nothing as they have better players there ahead of him

Musa yahaya was not good enough

Some people here said porto don’t like naija players
Awaziem is not that bad that he can't even feature in cup games... is he? This is someone that went to Nantes and became a regular (correct me if I'm wrong).
maybe I should just say Porto is not just a developmental team. As for Yahaya, I already mentioned he might not be good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

lol

Thanks a lot
You sabi bully those days o. Oga Curtiaxel should be number 1. ..Lolz

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Subzero047:

His price is above Tottenham range now
OK... maybe I misquoted the guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:
They should go and sit down, by the way, no serious player takes his trade to Scotland. Scotland is basically for failed players from the lower divisions of England and France

You mean like Mousa Dembele who declined a £40 million move to Chelsea and decided to stay at Celtic.

Or Swedish striker Larson that left Celtic to Barcelona.

Or we could also add.
Wanyama
Van Dyke
Aluko
Tierney
A. Roberton
C.Adam
S.Petrov

Or we could go bang up to date, with the HEAR and NOW and talk about Celtic Striker Odsonne Edouard wanted by several EPL clubs including Arsenal, Everton and now Leeds.

Or we could talk about Alfredo Morelos, Glasgow Rangers wanted by Lille.

I wonder why some of the best clubs in the World are going to this failed league your words "Failed players from lower leagues in England and France"

Now go and look in the mirror at yourself and consider your words. What do you see, a wise man

Hopefully you would realise how impulsive and out of touch your words are. Now go and pour ice cold water on your head, your brain has over heated so as to kick start your brain to begin to work properly again.

After that have a coke and a smile grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9029) (9030) (9031) (9032) (9033) (9034) (9035) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), lakesidepapa(m), CornOak(m), GMBOFASIA, jihday(m), zicky(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.